Thai Square City
136 - 138 Minories
London, EC3N 1NTNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
Thai Square City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thaisquare.net/#restaurants
- Phone: 02076801111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm, 5:30pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music/dance.
A word from Thai Square City
At the heart of Thai Square restaurant near Tower Bridge in the City of London is the Buddha. It dominates the scene at this huge, buzzing branch of Thai Square with its 21-foot height and air of immovable calm, a serene golden presence among the City frenzy. It’s a charming touch in this enormous space of a Thai restaurant. Bare wood bench-style tables and gentle yellow lighting enhance the ancient-mixed-with-modern minimalist look that characterises the Thai Square chain. But it's the fantastic food that really attracts the animated crowds. Thai Square is dedicated to authentic Thai cuisine. Its long menu has novice-friendly mixed starter platters, a variety of salads, and a strong vegetarian selection as well as the more familiar tom yum soup, pad Thai, and sweet 'n' spicy green and red curries. Fast and efficient service makes it a top spot for quick working lunches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Square City reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since 4 June 2014
business meals (20)group bookings (14)special occasions (9)good vegetarian options (9)romance (7)fit for foodies (6)pre/post theatre (3)child friendly (2)outstanding value (1)brunch (1)sunday lunch (1)afternoon tea (1)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Excellent lunch out for the officeJB1975Dined on 2/6/2014Best Thai food I've experienced for some time and my work colleagues said the same. Service was attentive and pleasant. An extensive menu with Thai favourites as well as chef's specialities. Food came out promptly after ordering. Portion sizes were generous. Ingredients of good quality and fresh. The ambience was calm and quiet which suited us as we could hear from one end of the table to the other (there were 9 of us). We ate on the ground floor (rather than the lower ground floor) which I requested as there are dual aspect, floor to ceiling windows. My colleagues recommended it as they have been several times before and all had good experiences. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- 53notout51notoutVIPDined on 13/5/2014One of many visits to this excellent restaurant. New favourite dish......Tamarind Duck.....exceptional!Special Features:
- Another lovely lunch at Thai SquareWRLGVIPDined on 8/5/2014The service is friendly and the food delicious. For a short while it's as if you escape the city for Thailand. Recommended.Special Features:
- One of the worst restaurantsYummyDined on 28/3/2014One of the worst restaurants Ive visited. Service was unbelievably bad, late cutlery and napkins, late drinks order, late food order, late food, late bill late everything. It was a if our table was invisible. Very bad and would never go again.
- good atmosphere but too expansivenicoleDined on 14/3/2014the service was great, and very nice and lovely atmosphere. The food were quiet nice, but too expansive.Special Features:
- Expensive Thai SquareMikeDined on 14/3/2014The food as always at Thai Square was good but goes cold quickly due to the atmosphere/aircon. Service was good but the experience is over priced by a considerable margin.
- 53 not out51notoutVIPDined on 5/3/2014This was my 3rd visit in 2 weeks. Speaks for itself. Excellent night out. Great variety of dishes and yet to have a mediocre one let alone a bad one. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ThaiModsVIPDined on 27/2/2014Was very impressed, attentive service, great atmosphere, and the food was fantastic. Extensive menu, so lots of choice to go back for , highly recommended if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 53notout51notoutVIPDined on 26/2/20142nd trip to the restaurant within 10 days. Superb. The lamb chops were even better than the weeping tiger and the scallops were as good as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Girl51notoutVIPDined on 20/2/2014Took my carnivorous 16 year old step daughter and her vegetarian friend for dinner. Both really enjoyed it. Weeping tiger was excellent and the vegetarian curry was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHunterinlondonDined on 14/1/2014good quality Thai food, nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- Good restaurantjshahDined on 20/12/2013Good restaurant with ok food. Starters a bit too oily. Mains were good.Special Features:
- Rush rush rushedServiceDined on 20/12/2013Was seated while I waited for my guest, went to the bathroom and once I got back my seat was wrongly assumed that the person was my guest for reasons it best I do not state. Once my guest did arrive we were rushed to order; and once we had ordered were rushed to finish. The restaurant has a fairly extensive dessert list but when it came time to order dessert we were informed they only had banana fritters. Main course looked thrown together and tasted like it had been cooked and warned in the microwave. The restaurant is aged as are the menus. It needs to be refurbished and they need to implement a new system to avoid customers constantly being approached and asked to order once we already have. Would NOT recommend.Special Features:
- Thai Sqaure is not for ChristmasMattDined on 19/12/2013Usually very good, but too busy at Christmas. slow service, cold food and jumbled bookings.Special Features:
- Not conducive to business dinnersskigrowlerDined on 18/12/2013We went to Thai Square (9 people) last week with some European business partners, but conversation was limited to the people directly beside or opposite due to the acoustics and restaurant layout. Food was good, typically Thai menu but nothing out of this world. Service was a little slow, but staff were very pleasant. Reliable without having any wow factor.Special Features:
- I used to love Thai SquareLouise01Dined on 29/11/2013I used to love Thai Square and went back last week after a couple of years gap (down to my office location changing). Food as always very nice but the service here is now shocking. We had to wave everytime for waiter attention, drinks came after the starters and to top it all we had to ask them to remove the empty plates at the end. This is not good considering there is a lot of competition in the city now. I expect good service there is no reason for this to be slack when this venue has over and above the usual number of waiters/waitresses inone eaterie.
- Tasty ThaiNPD1VIPDined on 28/11/2013Visited mid week and had a good meal. Service was efficient and food arrived fairly quickly. Portions and reasonably generous, although it could be argued presentation lacks a little finesse.Special Features:
- Great value!MarilizeDined on 20/11/2013We went to Thai Square for a business lunch and it was fantastic. There's a big selection to choose from, the food is freshly prepared and delicious every time. The staff are also very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th Birthday TreatPodgeThePufferDined on 13/11/2013Before sailing off on my 60th Birthday Cruise, I decided to take me team out for lunch and wanted somewhere special to take them. My choice of Thai Square City was an ideal choice, this being a superb venue (I've previously used before) with excellent service matched perfectly by the food. Better still, my team bought me gifts. A win win all round :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai SquareTeddyDined on 25/10/2013Food wasn't bad. Service was fairly ok. Too many junior staff without much knowledge of the food though. Good for a regular dinner with one or more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 602 reviews are from the Thai Square City reviews archive.
- their food is divineKeeleyVIPDined on 25/9/2013The thai food here is fabulous and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- Will returnDiazDeeDined on 11/9/2013Thai Square (CITY) has become a local...nice and spacious, can never fault the food - plenty of options available for small or large groups, including vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect venueNicmacVIPDined on 22/8/2013We had a lovely meal here for a business lunch, but I would recommend it for groups and romantic occasions too - we were served well and the food was great but not too expensive! Mmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodjmtreganVIPDined on 4/7/2013These restaurants always bang out great quality Thai food!
- WonderfulDiazDeeDined on 7/6/2013Love Thai Square; one of the better ones out of the chain.Special Features:
- Great Thai foodElinorVIPDined on 24/5/2013Thai Square gets quite busy around lunch time so if you are in a hurry make sure you go downstairs - this is the express lunch hall. We were upstairs and waited quite a bit for our meals. But other than that, the food is tasty and service is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFrazerDined on 8/5/2013Everything was good, although it always seems to be a little more expensive than you expect.Special Features:
- tasty thaioyinksDined on 28/3/2013Food very good and great selection, new dishes added periodically. a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Great food and servicesPip1973Dined on 19/3/2013Relaxed atmosphere and exceptional service, well worth a visit, highly recomendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful!vegfiascoDined on 13/3/2013Got the wrong starter, waited 30 mins too long for our mains and they got that wrong too! Getting anyone's attention is painful as they are so busy. Finally spoke to supervisor who agreed to take money off the bill but then had the cheek to add 12.5% service! Needless to say we took that off too. Highly recommend going downstairs to the express area or going for an early/late lunch if you want any decent service. Food is still as good as always but let down by the staff.
- Excellent food!Luv2dineDined on 14/2/2013Made a very special valentines day! Amazing food and excellent service from all staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- such great thai foodKeeleyVIPDined on 7/2/2013their food is always good, I've never had a bad meal here, reasonably pricesSpecial Features:
- Good Food Let Down By Poor ServiceShadowDined on 1/2/2013Decent Thai food at a fair-ish price given its city location. However, the service let all of this down badly. After we had sat down, perused the menu, been served drinks and crackers, and put our lunch orders in, we were then told we had to pay cash. None of the staff knew where the nearest cash point was so most of the then wandered off to find one. When they got back 15 minutes later their starters had been dumped on the table and left to go cold. To add insult to injury, other tables seemed to have no problem paying with cards. Very poor.Special Features:
- A nice restaurant for lunchlfconwayDined on 1/2/2013Nice traditional thai decor, service started out very good but as the restaurant got busier the service became very slow. The food was a bit of a mixed bag - some of the dishes were delicious and others not so good. I would recommend the red thai curry with prawns, but not the duck spring rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New express menu which weMeggyVIPDined on 29/1/2013New express menu which we didn't think was as good as the previous lunch menu
- Surprisingly ExpensiveCaptainPeroniDined on 25/1/2013Great food, but service is slow if you arrive at around 1 o'clock. Nearly 20 minutes before the waitress turned up. After that the service is efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Thai restaurantElizabethDined on 4/1/2013Still the very best service. The staff are polite, the dishes are great no matter what you choose and the puddings are the best ever! ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy but still amazingKeeleyVIPDined on 20/12/2012Went here in the run up to Christmas and it was very busy but the pod was still outstanding. Great place and great foodSpecial Features:
- Great thai foodElinorVIPDined on 12/12/2012The good at Thai square city is good and service is fast, which makes it a great location for a business lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Thai in the CityElizabethDined on 10/12/2012I have visited a fair few Thai restaurants and always compare their food to Thai Square, City. This restaurant is the best for quality tasty food, great friendly service and atmosphere. I am never disappointed.Special Features: