Thai Square Windsor
29 Thames Street
Windsor, SL4 1PRNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
Thai Square Windsor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thaisquare.net/#windsor-res
- Phone: 01753868900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm Saturday and Sunday: Lunch: 12h to 17h. Diner: 17h to 22: 30 (Saturday) and 22h (Sunday).
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Thai Square Windsor
One of the best Thai restaurants in photogenic Windsor, Thai Square enjoys a prime position opposite the famous castle, and near the theatre. Stunning design stretches over two levels, the most striking of which is the spacious conservatory, bathed in natural light, and leading to a desirable outdoor patio area. The decor successfully fuses the best of modern European and Thai design with traditional Thai artefacts. It's all rather lovely. Specials on the menu include the chargrilled duck breast, thinly sliced and spread on crispy seaweed. Warm, charming service. Well worth a visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Thai Square Windsor - Best restaurants in Windsor ›
Thai Square Windsor reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since 25 October 2013
pre/post theatre (8)group bookings (8)business meals (7)fit for foodies (6)romance (4)special occasions (4)good vegetarian options (3)outstanding value (3)brunch (2)sunday lunch (1)Show More
- Very good as usualSamTheItalianDined on 6/10/2014I frequently go to Thai Square and the food & service are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Didn't rate the food at all and I felt like we were being rushed out of the door.Special Features:
- Good but...SamTheItalianDined on 20/8/2014... The Tom Yang Goong soup was not as nice as they normally do it so we dudn't eat. Despite we mentioned that to the waiter, they charged us for it... The rest of the food was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningJPW1Dined on 20/5/2014We went to celebrate our Silver wedding anniversary. Had a lovely evening but just a couple of small points worth noting. Because of the acoustics, we found it difficult to hear each other above the noise of the other diners. The fact that they had so many other guests enjoying themselves too, is a credit. It shows just how popular the restaurant is. Only small bottles of beer on offer, which works out more than double the cost anywhere else. But all said, it is a great place to go, great location just opposite the Castle, the food and the service were very good. One of our party noted something very positive, in that the staff were always on hand, but not 'in your face'.Special Features:
- Lovely foodLadiesthatlunchDined on 12/3/2014We booked a group to dine here and was not disappointed. The food is absolutely gorgeous. It came quickly too! I only gave it 4/5 stars as they forgot one of our parties meals request. The food came with bean sprouts when she had specifically requested without!! They did exchange it, but she ended up eating alone :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodTomLDined on 31/12/2013We have gone to a couple Thai places in Windsor, but Thai square is the only one we will go to now. They are consistently good with the food, service is excellent and the portion size they give you will actually fill you up. You can't go wrong with Thai square.Special Features:
- Excellent food at The Thai Square!JohnonparDined on 24/12/2013I booked a table for 11 on Christmas Eve. On arrival we were looked after in a superb manner. The service was excellent and the food likewise. I would recommend this to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placelanreDined on 17/12/2013Lovely venue, great food and reasonable prices - would definitely go back there again
- As good as it gets!becclaDined on 7/11/2013My favourite all time dish for the past five years is no. 68! I love it, have dreamt about it, and have attempted multiple recreations. I've lived in the US for the past three years and this restaurant has always been my last, and first stop off from and too the airport. I love it. The service is respectful, distant at times (you do have to call them over), but the food is heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 216 reviews are from the Thai Square Windsor reviews archive.
- Lovely mealShaktruDined on 22/8/2013Last minute booking, hassle free. Excellent meal, good service, definitely would recommend it to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tai Square is tip topBuzzVIPDined on 5/8/2013I really liked the restaurant - good service , varied menu, and an ideal dinner before the theatre. I will come again - RegarbzzSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A banquet fit for a king2good2eatDined on 16/7/2013As a booking for 10 people it's always nice to be able to order a banquet menu and Thai Square really delivered on that. Great selection of food with mixes of taste, texture and levels of spice to entertain any diners.Special Features:
- OutstandingJThomsDined on 20/5/2013This restaurant was recommended by my daughter and husband - the food is fantastic and the service is outstanding. Cleanliness and outlay of the restaurant was immaculate. The vegetarian food was amazing! This is one of the best Thai restaurants I have eaten it - we will be back!!!Special Features:
- Service a bit slow but nice mealUS2totheLandauDined on 25/4/2013The waiter seems annoyed by us wanted to have a less bright table ( they have an open roof in the main room and it was a sunny day so we had the sun in our eyes ) and one of my friend is Chinese and she likes eating with chopsticks which they don't provide: " We don't do chopsticks" it is a it weird for an oriental restaurant but apart on that, we all had the set lunch menu which come in a bento box, it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal again at Thai Square-KT80Dined on 22/4/2013Great meal again at Thai Square- always reliable for lip-smackingly tasty Thai food. Went with 4 pregnant friends and staff were very accommodating of our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & foodFoodyDined on 17/2/2013Service was excellent, very friendly staff. Food was lovely, very tasty, and very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for birthday dinner!!AngieDined on 29/1/2013We had a really good outting to celebrate my daughter's birthday with dinner at Thai Square. There was a selection of food for all ages - from the kids to the in-laws as well! Definitely recommend this restaurant! Good value for money as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST MODERATEMwaimchamboDined on 7/1/2013I have been to many Thai Restaurants. The quality of food and service at Thai Square is just below standard. With a high price tag which doesn't reflect the quality of both service rendered and food quality. It was also too noisy as there were small groups of people dining who were not considerate to other customers. The setting isn't romantic at all. SIMPLY BELOW STANDARD I ordered coke and the waiter brought me diet coke.
- great locationsw10VIPDined on 12/12/2012Good Thai usual menu not much more to add dining room a little coldI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Average serviceTrainingmanDined on 2/10/2012I visited the restaurant with some colleagues from work as it had been reccomended. the standard of the food was excellent., served quickly however my only reservation would be the attentiveness of the staff. Not very customer focussed and wouild often walk away in the middle of taking your order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple but elegantPaulKDined on 18/8/2012The Thai Square in Windsor is a lovely place to eat with friendly staff a good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Square WindsorTSparkleDined on 15/7/2012Waited approx 5 minutes before anyone even noticed we had come in. The entrance is not visible from the restaurant, and there was no one at the reception. We flagged down a waiter who lead us downstairs to the restaurant to be seated. To cut a long story short, some of the cutlery was dirty and had food stuck to it, and we were brought the wrong drinks on 3 separate occasions. Waited a while for the main course, which was quite nice when it eventually came, but not the best Thai food I've had by a long way. The restaurant was busy and lively, and the staff were nice and pleasant. Overall experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Very good meal as alwaysjanewDined on 5/7/2012Had a very good meal at Thai Square Windsor with some work colleagues, very good service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai ExperienceCathm83Dined on 30/5/2012Being married to a vegetarian, we struggle with restaurants, especially ones that give you more than 2 options and serve decent portions. Hence Thai food is a good option for us. Having read the other reviews, I have to say that we had a very good experience. Dining on a Wednesday evening, I had expected it to be fairly quiet, but was amazed how the restaurant filled up. However, the large airy space made it still feel comfortable and the food and service lived up to my expectations. All in all, we'll definitely go back there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Square, Windsor...FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012Thai Square, Windsor...Fantastic food and service..will definately visit again if in the area. Very good value for money..Bottle of house wine only £12.50! and very good..Was pleasantly suprised as it was a chain restaurant..Lovely ambience... Daughter very fussy with her food but she found a dish she said was lovely!!!
- Thai Square in Windsor isDarrenDined on 1/5/2012Thai Square in Windsor is always a fantastic night out. I've never had a bad dish or bad service here. The food and staff are superb.
- Great decor and nice foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 27/4/2012Great decor and nice food although felt a bit rushed as restaurant was very busy. Great place for a big group pre night out dinner but not a cosy dinner for two.
- Great place to meet and eatdiner2Dined on 21/4/2012Great place to meet and eat . A bit chilly upstairs due to the door which opens out onto the high street did not seem to close very easily .Special Features:
- Food was excellent. But theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/4/2012Food was excellent. But the waiters were are to eager to pick up yours while you are still eating. Apart from that everything is nice.
- Busy venue and pleasant atmosphere.corkladyDined on 6/4/2012Busy venue and pleasant atmosphere. Ordered mixed starter for 2 which was very nice. Main course of jungle curry and phad thai very nice however the Gai Yang was chicken on the bone with no breast meat and not very good. Having been to the Thai Square in Trafalgar Sq the food at the Windsor branch is not as good
- 19 of us ate at Thai SquareBalhambellyDined on 11/3/201219 of us ate at Thai Square in Windsor and had a thoroughly good time. As with other branches, the food was reliably good and the service attentive.
- We had a lovely meal here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012We had a lovely meal here. My husband had a duck curry which was superb. I was initially not very happy with my choice from the house special menu as the meat was a bit overdone for my tastes, but one quiet word to a very attentive waitress and a substitute dish was provided very quickly with many apologies. And it was amazing! Excellent service & atmosphere, only comment is that service is very efficient so make sure your plate doesn't get whipped away before you're ready!
- We dined at Thai Square WindsorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012We dined at Thai Square Windsor on a crowded Saturday night and the food, service, & atmosphere was all top notch. Quick service, good prices, and delish Thai. Easily the best in Windsor. The starter platter for 2 is a must!
- I enjoyed the food, althoughLauraDined on 24/2/2012I enjoyed the food, although I think its become too commercial and mass produced - if you want more traditional thai, try somewhere else....
- Had another enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/2/2012Had another enjoyable meal at Thai Sq, Windsor. Food and service was great as usual and very reasonably priced.
- Delicious food, great serviceLC1706Dined on 11/2/2012Delicious food, great service and a lovely restaurant. I would definitely go back.
- 2nd time here and it wasn'tVB31Dined on 11/2/20122nd time here and it wasn't great, which is a shame as the staff do not do the great food and environment justice. We had booked a week in advance only to get a table which seats 6 which 8 people had to be cramped on, only to be told it is Saturday our busy night. Erm well you knew we were coming so make the arrangements instead of cramming as many people in your restaurant as possible. Probably would not go back, shame as the food is better here than most Thai Square restaurants.
- Excellent food and the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Excellent food and the atmosphere was amazing. Very Good.
- Fantastic place. The waitressesDarrenDined on 8/2/2012Fantastic place. The waitresses are friendly and attentive and were constantly refilling our wine glasses. Food is excellent and the restaurant is a fantastic place to eat. The glass roof in the main restaurant is pretty cool too. I would definitely eat here again.
- Excellent meal at the ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2012Excellent meal at the Thai Square in Windsor. Good service and recommendations and the food was superb. will definitely go again.