Thai Thai East
110 Old Street
London, EC1V 9BDNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
Thai Thai East
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldstreetthaithai.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074905230x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 12pm-3pm, 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Halal, Thai
- Executive Chef: P'Nong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Thai Thai East
Located near Old Street station in London's East End, Thai Thai restaurant has become the dining destination de rigeur for hip socialistas and local foodies. The light and airy dining room with ruby and vanilla coloured walls, teak wood furniture and the freshest Spitalfield Market plants is perfect for relaxed meals with friends and colleagues. We recommend the Pad Thai, Somtam Salad, any of their array of curries; and coconut rice. Freshly blended exotic juices like Pomergranate, Tamarind and Young Coconut provide an insight into the mocktails, whilst the Strawberry Lover and Butterly Martini cocktails will compliment your group dinners.The long serving service team are famous for their friendly, helpful attitude and warm welcome. Sawadika!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Thai Thai East - Best restaurants in Old Street ›
Thai Thai East reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since 3 June 2014
group bookings (70)business meals (40)fit for foodies (40)special occasions (36)good vegetarian options (35)outstanding value (33)romance (29)pre/post theatre (23)sunday lunch (8)outdoor eating (6)child friendly (5)brunch (4)disabled access (3)Show More
- Good food, shame about the serviceashaleeDined on 26/9/2014The food was lovely, could not fault it, but we had to wait a very long time for each course and our drinks. Two drinks were brought to the table and we had to wait another 40 minutes for the others. Our waiter wasn't very helpful, but the waitress was lovely! She did her absolute best. This isn't a restaurant to go to if you want a quick lunch time meal. We waited a minimum of 30 mins between the drinks, crackers, starters and mains, and then another wait for the bill. I don't think I will be rushing back unless my time isn't limited.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014staff should be more attentive, when it's get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliceDined on 14/9/2014I dined at Thai Thai East last year and returned very recently to find a new menu. The food was as delicious as ever and staff very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but good atmospherekin001Dined on 6/9/2014This would be expensive without the OpenTable offer and even then only average with the offer. The curries were too sweet and the batter on the tempura and soft shell crab too heavy. We ordered desserts, waiting 30 minutes for them is excessive. You can find better Thai elsewhere in London. On the other hand the restaurant was busy and lively. Maybe better for a party than for genuine Thai food.
- Nice dinner at Thai ThaiJCo81VIPDined on 5/9/2014Reasonable dinner and service. I would say that's it's it as nice at all as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDiner9876Dined on 3/9/2014Good place for diner with friends, and excellent value with the 50% off deal. Food is very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50% off food and qualityBonsterVIPDined on 2/9/2014We had to wait over 30 mins for our order to be taken - at which point we ordered drinks and food at once. The wine arrived, but not the water and mocktails for our non-drinking party, we had to chase them for it. Starters were mediocre at best, and it was 2 hours between when we walked in and when our mains arrived - which we also had to chase for. And then the sticky rice came in a PLASTIC BAG!!!!!!!!!! It had clearly been microwaved. Then they added service charge to the bill. SO disappointed, wouldn't recommend at all.
- Poor lighting in restaurant...MangoVIPDined on 31/8/2014There was hardly any lighting in the restaurant that can put you to sleep especially while you await for your food. the service wasn't bad, the staff there were very attentive and food arrived pretty quick. The portions weren't big but with the 50% discount... I guess it is good for value. I wouldn't really recommend my friends because it wasn't really authentic thai food although the menu looks very authentic.Special Features:
- Thai Thai EastFoodie789Dined on 30/8/2014Went with friends for a nice meal and they did not disappoint. Food was very good and ambience was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingreviewer1981Dined on 29/8/2014Poor service. Waiting half an hour to be served. Had to call waitress over. Food not prepared fresh so they cannot meet any dietary requirements. Over priced.
- Great ThaidndnDined on 24/8/2014Good food and service and a great price with the 50% offer. We have been before and paid full price and being very happy. The food is full of flavor and generally well cooked, portion sizes are reasonable. Drinks are a little on the pricey side but no more than you would expect for the area. Great place to get something to eat a little bit away from the bustle of old street but close enough to go for drinks before / after.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysgl0012Dined on 24/8/2014I enjoyed going to Thai Thai again after quite a while. Dishes were greatly presented and super tasty We got two starters and two mains plus rice between 2 people and were very full after finishing them!Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerfoodie101Dined on 23/8/2014A little loud but good food and a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot foodHTZRDined on 22/8/2014I have eaten here several times but unfortunately this time the food was just too hot to enjoy. Each of the meals was the same and it's not because we are not used to spice and heat - it just seemed like the chef had gone a step too far with the red chillies. It has put me off and I certainly wont be going back for a while, and not with guests.Special Features:
- Very good meal as always.ClaireDined on 18/8/2014Food excellent, service slightly slow good value with TT offerSpecial Features:
- Really good food!HappyfoodieDined on 16/8/2014I took my friend from the states here and it was my second time and the group loved it! Make sure you get there early to get a good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Thai East on Old Streetrosema26Dined on 16/8/2014Thai Thai East on Old Street is still a gem. Food is excellent and with the 50% off it is ea very good value. Went with my partner and a friend and ordered this time different main courses, some very spicy and other medium spicy. It was a delightful dinner and we enjoy all of it. It was not my 1st time as I lived near by and I am very lucky for that. Go and enjoy as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymIndianTouristDined on 16/8/2014Good thai good. Good value for money in the 50% food offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ThaiFoodLuvDined on 15/8/2014Great Thai, food was absolutely delicious and great value. Service a bit slow - but it didn't impact our evening. One tip do not order the house wine at £22.50 it was disgustingly sweet (unless you like that sort of wine!) and over priced we left half the bottle. Aside from the wine we had a lovely evening here and will go again!Special Features:
- Husband's 50th birthdayPanface60Dined on 15/8/2014We have been to Thai Thai many times on our visits to London. I had booked through Open Table as normal but on arrival they had no record of the booking for us. We had confirmation from the restaurant itself along with notification that this meal was to celebrate my husband's special birthday, and so this was not recognised. The food itself was excellent although the restaurant was very busy and so had to wait. The final bill did not include their 50% discount offer although we did adhere to their conditions and its 12.5% service charge would not have been a problem had we received good service.Special Features:
- Thai Thai EasttopeaterDined on 8/8/2014I regularly come here because the food is delicious and the offers are good value. Theres plenty of choice and the décor is pleasing. Service can be unfriendly when they are busy, but I would continue to recommend to people looking for Thai food in the Shoreditch/Old Street area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddanli123Dined on 6/8/2014Thai Thai east has consistently good food, however there seems to be only one server leading the charge. While she was attentive and knowledgeable, the rest of the staff seemed incompetent and unwilling to serve. Other than that, great location, great value. Service staff needs an upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally a reliable placeZcapVIPDined on 5/8/2014But wasn't great this time though. Food seemed pretty average - they need to buck up their ideas with the Vietnamese competition!
- Bad serviceJuliaDined on 3/8/2014Had a booking here on Sunday for 8 people, the service was awful! We asked for our curries to be mild, it came out to be extra spicy, our order was taken down incorrectly and served at different times, the waitress was rude when we asked if she could clean the table, she said she would ask someone to come over to clean but didn't, we had to wait for a PDQ machine for 20-30 minutes after asking the same waitress but she wasn't bothered The music was so loud we could barely hear each otherSpecial Features:
- Thai ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/7/2014Great food, very good value and extensive menu. However, if you're going with children and book the 50% deal dont book it for the children as you have to order a main and starter for the offer to applySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as b4jgilVIPDined on 26/7/2014I´ve been using this restaurnat for few yrs and probably they change the chef or manangent but the quality and presentation of food is miles away from their previous style
- Good Food, But Discount UncleardsmensahDined on 18/7/2014Experience was fine, only complaint is that I saw a 50% discount on Top Table, but when going through the booking process I wasn't informed of what I needed to do to get the discount - I just assumed since I had booked through top table I would automatically get the discount. Instead, you have to notify the restaurant first - when I explained the mixed up, they refused to give me the discount. We ate from the set menu anyway, so it was still ok value.Special Features:
- Thai Thai - Weekday lunchAnonymousVIPDined on 17/7/2014Excellent food. Service was good. Good range of options. Good value set menu but we chose from the a la carte menu. Good portion sizes. Surprisingly quiet when we attended but made it easy for conversation and attentive service. Would definitely return.
- Terrible food, slow service.FoodieDined on 12/7/2014We were seated downstairs where there was a party of 20+ loud and boisterous guests for a hen night. We were a family of 5 with children, therefore such seating arrangements weren't preferable.We waited 45mins before being seen to by a waiter. The lighting above our table didn't work and could barely see our menus. The party began playing crude games, so we insisted we be moved. At our new table we waited 1h 20m for starters. Our mains tasted horrible. We waited for a car in the entrance and the manager turned off the lights abruptly, leaving us in darkness. I questioned him and he said that he had no reason to tell a customer when turning off lights. I informed him of our horrible experience and his excuse was - we were busy. No apology.
- Seriously Tasty Thai Food!HaBhaDined on 10/7/2014I really love this place! Have been a few times now, and the food just tastes amazing! It's authentic and as good as if you were actually in Thailand. The staff are friendly and the decor is beautiful too! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor quality food!Gourmet1VIPDined on 6/7/2014Probably the worst Thai meals I have ever had! It is not worth trying this restaurant, not even with the 50% off food discount on OP!
- Tasty and great valueTonyTonyDined on 27/6/2014Well written menu allowed my son to choose less spicy dishes. A perfect place for an early dinner before heading out in town.Special Features:
- great thai foodRoseDined on 22/6/2014Best thai curry I have had for a while and decent portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticRichEm69Dined on 21/6/2014The food was outstanding, the service was very good if I needed anything the staff were on hand, one small downside is that I would I preferred to have been on a single table for just me and my wife with maybe a little privacy, but would defifately dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices increased, not such a dealSteakloverVIPDined on 19/6/2014Thai Thai used to have prices lower by a third generally on their menu. This is no longer the good deal with discount it used to be. However,the foodis still good!Special Features:
- Not as goodAleungDined on 19/6/2014Our Roma waitress had no personality at all, I think she spoke to us all 3 times in under 2hrs. No passion for their job, just a function. We found a small hair in the food and had to send it back. Dish replaced but no discount offered. The hair had already put us off. I dont know how many thai people actually cook and serve here, but no many that we could see, Lacks authenticity but with the 50% off its decent value. Crockery is mostly chipped - replace!Special Features:
- MichaelDined on 18/6/2014Excellent value at Thai Thai East with the 50% off food option with OpenTable. Food was very tasty and the restaurant was lively without being too busy. Good service too. Would definitely go back.
- Drop in taste balanced by discountJASSIAMDined on 17/6/2014I've been to Thai Thai several times before, but this time there was a distinct difference, I think the variety was restricted compared to previous menus, and the taste was a step in the wrong direction this time around. However, I found that the 50% discount just about balanced things nicely enough for me to definitely visit again. I hope this is of help to someone, God bless!!!Special Features:
- Great Thai foodCareyXDined on 15/6/2014Great Thai food near old st tube. Not too pricey. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Food as good as everFoodie789Dined on 15/6/2014Went as a group of 8 and had a really good time. Food and ambience is really good and makes up for the sometimes not so great service. Great value for money with the 50% off offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.