Thai Thai East
110 Old Street
London, EC1V 9BDNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
Thai Thai East
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldstreetthaithai.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7490 5230
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 12pm-3pm, 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Halal, Thai
- Executive Chef: P'Nong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Thai Thai East
Located near Old Street station in London's East End, Thai Thai restaurant has become the dining destination de rigeur for hip socialistas and local foodies. The light and airy dining room with ruby and vanilla coloured walls, teak wood furniture and the freshest Spitalfield Market plants is perfect for relaxed meals with friends and colleagues. We recommend the Pad Thai, Somtam Salad, any of their array of curries; and coconut rice. Freshly blended exotic juices like Pomergranate, Tamarind and Young Coconut provide an insight into the mocktails, whilst the Strawberry Lover and Butterly Martini cocktails will compliment your group dinners.The long serving service team are famous for their friendly, helpful attitude and warm welcome. Sawadika!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Thai East reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since 24 November 2013
group bookings (72)fit for foodies (41)outstanding value (41)business meals (40)special occasions (37)good vegetarian options (36)romance (35)pre/post theatre (23)sunday lunch (9)outdoor eating (7)child friendly (7)brunch (4)disabled access (3)Show More
- Great 40% off valueLizzleDined on 21/11/2014Really good value for money - we had the 40% off deal before going to the cinema. Staff was friendly as usual - made sure we are looked after without overcrowding us. We get the prawn tempura and fried soft shell crab for starters - fair enough its not Thai but the crab was a little cold.. I had a great veggie pad Thai - a very yummy main :) Left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkCS76Dined on 15/11/2014Excellent in every except the following which really let it down: 1) House music really inappropriate for such a lovely authentic Thai restaurant. Too much bass, too loud. What a shame 2) Lighting has been changed so spotlights emit white light, a more yellow / amber colour would really enhance the ambience.
- Good foodrandomDined on 14/11/2014Really good value with the 50% off food lunch time deal.
- Great value lunchCG83VIPDined on 13/11/2014I've eaten here several times now, the 50% off lunch offer is great value. I'm never disappointed with my dishes. Great local Thai place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiewoodieDined on 6/11/2014Great value, nice staff, decent food - good for a mid week get together cheap eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodlondondiner222Dined on 6/11/2014I had a weekday lunch here with a colleague. We ordered 2 courses from the lunch menu. The food was really nice and I will be coming back. There was a slight hiccup with one of the main courses being wrong but this was spotted by the waitress and the correct item was brought out promptly. My only criticism is that the music was playing far too loudly to make conversation easy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars!SJ08Dined on 3/11/2014Brilliant Thai food, impecable service and fantastic value for money Will definetly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We arrived a little early for our booking and they seated us with no issue, which was nice. However, when we sat down we were firmly told that to be seated you are required to order an starter and a main EACH, and "the drinks don't count". We were put off by this - never have I eaten at a restaurant where they require you to order a minimum amount of food. In addition, the service throughout the meal wasn't great - they were unorganized (didn't know who order which main, didn't refill our water glasses when we asked, etc.) and seemed to think the mistakes were funny! If the food was amazing, I may have rated higher, but it was just so-so. I wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Great food and servicerachDined on 30/10/2014As we went at 12.30 we beat the afternoon rush, so service was fast. I had red duck curry, quite hot but tasty! Jasmine rice (shared) and prawn tempura to start. The tempura could have done with a little more chilli dip, but what you did get was delicious. Really reasonable too with the 50% discount came in at just over a tenner each for a two course lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Thai EastHanwDined on 29/10/2014Thai Thai East is good for an informal catchup with friends and good value with the toptable discount. Food is good, but service not great - rice arrived about 10mins after the rest of the meals, and difficult to get their attention to ask for bill at the end of the night, even though it wasn't particularly busy.Special Features:
- Great FoodJamieDined on 23/10/2014We booked a table at the very last minute on a Thursday night. The restaurant was extremely busy with a great buzzing vibe. The staff where very attentive and the food was delicious. We will definitely be returning very soon.Special Features:
- we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.MilaDined on 17/10/2014Food was just Devine. We definitely coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Thai East is great valueDavidVIPDined on 11/10/2014with the Opentable offer Thai Thai East is great value. food is great and ambience and service is good salads were the best part of our meal but weeping tiger had very nicely barbecued steak as wellSpecial Features:
- Lovely last minute mealtanyaeDined on 11/10/2014We found ourselves on Oxford St, heading towards a friends house party near Old St. Having not had dinner I Google-mapped restaurants and found Thai Thai on the bus route to my friends house. Opened my Opentable app, and booked. Easy. We were not disappointed. We were seated , ordered quickly and our food came out promptly. Quick, attentive service, and delicious food. With 40% off our bill we had a great Thai for next to nothing, for London.
- Great Food, Terrible Host.VinnyDined on 10/10/2014Attended Thai Thai on a Friday night, it was very busy in the evening times. Finally, got a table after waiting 15 minutes. the host greeting the guests was extremely rude towards us and sat us infront of the door evening after mentioning if we could sit else where (there was visible space else where). There were multiple times when I asked for something (salt etc) and I had to ask 2 other staff members to provide this to us. Not entirely sure what his problem was, maybe just a bad day or maybe not. Overall, the food was good but the service wasn't the best and they do add Service charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improving, food good.CpmgDined on 9/10/2014I made an Opentable booking at 6.50pm which was not time enough for the restaurant to have details of it when we arrived at 7.00. They did have a table however. We were given menus but not offered drinks. After about 20 mins I had to ask if we could order drinks. Drinks arrived without the glass of water that I had also requested. I then had to call someone later to take the food order. Food was excellent. My friend paid so I forgot to ask about the Opentable offer of 50% off food so he was charged and paid full price. Staff were all in a bad mood and quite impolite at times. I would go again for the food but not if I was in a hurry, and perhaps order drinks as soon as we are handed the menu.Special Features:
- Great food, attentive servicethaifoodieDined on 8/10/2014Would definitely recommend this place, great food and a nice restaurant space, friendly staff and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Gone downhillLowdyscotDined on 4/10/2014We have visited this restaurant a few times now. But it seems from the last time things have changed a lot. The service was poor and slow and mostly new people since our last visit. The food quality and presentation was also not as good as previous. We took a couple of friends there raving about it and we're very disdained. Seems like maybe new owners ? The 40% discount on food was not such a good deal now. Sorry - disappointedSpecial Features:
- Eid extravaganzaBellyfullDined on 4/10/2014Loved the food, spicy , tasty and bursting full of flavours. Enjoyed the Thai expericenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better during the weekRosiDined on 3/10/2014Great restaurant during the week. I won't go again on FridaysSpecial Features:
- Great food, dire atmosphere!LunchingDined on 1/10/2014The food was amazing and extremely impressive, as usual. It was always one of my favourite Thai restaurants in London. I don't know when they did it, because I haven't been for about 10 months, but they've swapped all their halogen lights with horrible blue-cast LEDs. The whole place has lost it's magic and it felt like a supermarket when they turn half the lights off. It seems crazy that it would make such a difference but the atmosphere is completely gone, and I wouldn't go back there for a special occasion again. The gold carvings on the wall don't glow, the beautiful reds in the paint just look like grey, and the whole restaurant feels gloomy. I'd told my friends how amazing the interior was and I was kind of embarrassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, shame about the serviceashaleeDined on 26/9/2014The food was lovely, could not fault it, but we had to wait a very long time for each course and our drinks. Two drinks were brought to the table and we had to wait another 40 minutes for the others. Our waiter wasn't very helpful, but the waitress was lovely! She did her absolute best. This isn't a restaurant to go to if you want a quick lunch time meal. We waited a minimum of 30 mins between the drinks, crackers, starters and mains, and then another wait for the bill. I don't think I will be rushing back unless my time isn't limited.Special Features:
- Thai Thai Eastrosema26Dined on 19/9/2014Thai Thai East on old street, I will go back again. I leave near by and either I go with friends or I order and collect. Great food and great value. I am glad that I leave so close and can enjoy the food as my friends. If you like spicy you have may choices and also if one of those you would like to try you can ask them do it milder or the reverse if you like very very spicy!!
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014staff should be more attentive, when it's get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliceDined on 14/9/2014I dined at Thai Thai East last year and returned very recently to find a new menu. The food was as delicious as ever and staff very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but good atmospherekin001VIPDined on 6/9/2014This would be expensive without the OpenTable offer and even then only average with the offer. The curries were too sweet and the batter on the tempura and soft shell crab too heavy. We ordered desserts, waiting 30 minutes for them is excessive. You can find better Thai elsewhere in London. On the other hand the restaurant was busy and lively. Maybe better for a party than for genuine Thai food.
- Nice dinner at Thai ThaiJCo81VIPDined on 5/9/2014Reasonable dinner and service. I would say that's it's it as nice at all as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDiner9876Dined on 3/9/2014Good place for diner with friends, and excellent value with the 50% off deal. Food is very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50% off food and qualityBonsterVIPDined on 2/9/2014We had to wait over 30 mins for our order to be taken - at which point we ordered drinks and food at once. The wine arrived, but not the water and mocktails for our non-drinking party, we had to chase them for it. Starters were mediocre at best, and it was 2 hours between when we walked in and when our mains arrived - which we also had to chase for. And then the sticky rice came in a PLASTIC BAG!!!!!!!!!! It had clearly been microwaved. Then they added service charge to the bill. SO disappointed, wouldn't recommend at all.
- Poor lighting in restaurant...MangoVIPDined on 31/8/2014There was hardly any lighting in the restaurant that can put you to sleep especially while you await for your food. the service wasn't bad, the staff there were very attentive and food arrived pretty quick. The portions weren't big but with the 50% discount... I guess it is good for value. I wouldn't really recommend my friends because it wasn't really authentic thai food although the menu looks very authentic.Special Features:
- Thai Thai EastFoodie789Dined on 30/8/2014Went with friends for a nice meal and they did not disappoint. Food was very good and ambience was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you like your food spicy.....CadarnDined on 29/8/2014.....then I definately recommend Thai Thai East. Bubbly atmosphere & good service & what with the 2 for 1 Opentable deal Thai Thai East is a must. Beware though as the dishes are rather spicy, but very tasty. Oh yes, & very cold Thai beers! Delish
- Disappointingreviewer1981Dined on 29/8/2014Poor service. Waiting half an hour to be served. Had to call waitress over. Food not prepared fresh so they cannot meet any dietary requirements. Over priced.
- Great ThaidndnDined on 24/8/2014Good food and service and a great price with the 50% offer. We have been before and paid full price and being very happy. The food is full of flavor and generally well cooked, portion sizes are reasonable. Drinks are a little on the pricey side but no more than you would expect for the area. Great place to get something to eat a little bit away from the bustle of old street but close enough to go for drinks before / after.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysgl0012Dined on 24/8/2014I enjoyed going to Thai Thai again after quite a while. Dishes were greatly presented and super tasty We got two starters and two mains plus rice between 2 people and were very full after finishing them!Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerfoodie101Dined on 23/8/2014A little loud but good food and a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot foodHTZRDined on 22/8/2014I have eaten here several times but unfortunately this time the food was just too hot to enjoy. Each of the meals was the same and it's not because we are not used to spice and heat - it just seemed like the chef had gone a step too far with the red chillies. It has put me off and I certainly wont be going back for a while, and not with guests.Special Features:
- Very good meal as always.ClaireDined on 18/8/2014Food excellent, service slightly slow good value with TT offerSpecial Features:
- Really good food!HappyfoodieDined on 16/8/2014I took my friend from the states here and it was my second time and the group loved it! Make sure you get there early to get a good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Thai East on Old Streetrosema26Dined on 16/8/2014Thai Thai East on Old Street is still a gem. Food is excellent and with the 50% off it is ea very good value. Went with my partner and a friend and ordered this time different main courses, some very spicy and other medium spicy. It was a delightful dinner and we enjoy all of it. It was not my 1st time as I lived near by and I am very lucky for that. Go and enjoy as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.