Thai Thai East
110 Old Street
London, EC1V 9BDNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
Thai Thai East
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldstreetthaithai.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074905230x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 12pm-3pm, 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Halal, Thai
- Executive Chef: P'Nong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Thai Thai East
Located near Old Street station in London's East End, Thai Thai restaurant has become the dining destination de rigeur for hip socialistas and local foodies. The light and airy dining room with ruby and vanilla coloured walls, teak wood furniture and the freshest Spitalfield Market plants is perfect for relaxed meals with friends and colleagues. We recommend the Pad Thai, Somtam Salad, any of their array of curries; and coconut rice. Freshly blended exotic juices like Pomergranate, Tamarind and Young Coconut provide an insight into the mocktails, whilst the Strawberry Lover and Butterly Martini cocktails will compliment your group dinners.The long serving service team are famous for their friendly, helpful attitude and warm welcome. Sawadika!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
Thai Thai East - Best restaurants in Old Street ›
Thai Thai East reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since 25 October 2013
group bookings (70)business meals (42)fit for foodies (42)special occasions (38)good vegetarian options (35)outstanding value (35)romance (32)pre/post theatre (22)sunday lunch (9)outdoor eating (7)child friendly (6)brunch (4)disabled access (3)Show More
- we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.MilaDined on 17/10/2014Food was just Devine. We definitely coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Thai East is great valueDavidVIPDined on 11/10/2014with the Opentable offer Thai Thai East is great value. food is great and ambience and service is good salads were the best part of our meal but weeping tiger had very nicely barbecued steak as wellSpecial Features:
- Lovely last minute mealtanyaeDined on 11/10/2014We found ourselves on Oxford St, heading towards a friends house party near Old St. Having not had dinner I Google-mapped restaurants and found Thai Thai on the bus route to my friends house. Opened my Opentable app, and booked. Easy. We were not disappointed. We were seated , ordered quickly and our food came out promptly. Quick, attentive service, and delicious food. With 40% off our bill we had a great Thai for next to nothing, for London.
- Great Food, Terrible Host.VinnyDined on 10/10/2014Attended Thai Thai on a Friday night, it was very busy in the evening times. Finally, got a table after waiting 15 minutes. the host greeting the guests was extremely rude towards us and sat us infront of the door evening after mentioning if we could sit else where (there was visible space else where). There were multiple times when I asked for something (salt etc) and I had to ask 2 other staff members to provide this to us. Not entirely sure what his problem was, maybe just a bad day or maybe not. Overall, the food was good but the service wasn't the best and they do add Service charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improving, food good.CpmgDined on 9/10/2014I made an Opentable booking at 6.50pm which was not time enough for the restaurant to have details of it when we arrived at 7.00. They did have a table however. We were given menus but not offered drinks. After about 20 mins I had to ask if we could order drinks. Drinks arrived without the glass of water that I had also requested. I then had to call someone later to take the food order. Food was excellent. My friend paid so I forgot to ask about the Opentable offer of 50% off food so he was charged and paid full price. Staff were all in a bad mood and quite impolite at times. I would go again for the food but not if I was in a hurry, and perhaps order drinks as soon as we are handed the menu.Special Features:
- Great food, attentive servicethaifoodieDined on 8/10/2014Would definitely recommend this place, great food and a nice restaurant space, friendly staff and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Gone downhillLowdyscotDined on 4/10/2014We have visited this restaurant a few times now. But it seems from the last time things have changed a lot. The service was poor and slow and mostly new people since our last visit. The food quality and presentation was also not as good as previous. We took a couple of friends there raving about it and we're very disdained. Seems like maybe new owners ? The 40% discount on food was not such a good deal now. Sorry - disappointedSpecial Features:
- Eid extravaganzaBellyfullDined on 4/10/2014Loved the food, spicy , tasty and bursting full of flavours. Enjoyed the Thai expericenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better during the weekRosiDined on 3/10/2014Great restaurant during the week. I won't go again on FridaysSpecial Features:
- Great food, dire atmosphere!LunchingDined on 1/10/2014The food was amazing and extremely impressive, as usual. It was always one of my favourite Thai restaurants in London. I don't know when they did it, because I haven't been for about 10 months, but they've swapped all their halogen lights with horrible blue-cast LEDs. The whole place has lost it's magic and it felt like a supermarket when they turn half the lights off. It seems crazy that it would make such a difference but the atmosphere is completely gone, and I wouldn't go back there for a special occasion again. The gold carvings on the wall don't glow, the beautiful reds in the paint just look like grey, and the whole restaurant feels gloomy. I'd told my friends how amazing the interior was and I was kind of embarrassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, shame about the serviceashaleeDined on 26/9/2014The food was lovely, could not fault it, but we had to wait a very long time for each course and our drinks. Two drinks were brought to the table and we had to wait another 40 minutes for the others. Our waiter wasn't very helpful, but the waitress was lovely! She did her absolute best. This isn't a restaurant to go to if you want a quick lunch time meal. We waited a minimum of 30 mins between the drinks, crackers, starters and mains, and then another wait for the bill. I don't think I will be rushing back unless my time isn't limited.Special Features:
- Thai Thai Eastrosema26Dined on 19/9/2014Thai Thai East on old street, I will go back again. I leave near by and either I go with friends or I order and collect. Great food and great value. I am glad that I leave so close and can enjoy the food as my friends. If you like spicy you have may choices and also if one of those you would like to try you can ask them do it milder or the reverse if you like very very spicy!!
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014staff should be more attentive, when it's get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliceDined on 14/9/2014I dined at Thai Thai East last year and returned very recently to find a new menu. The food was as delicious as ever and staff very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but good atmospherekin001Dined on 6/9/2014This would be expensive without the OpenTable offer and even then only average with the offer. The curries were too sweet and the batter on the tempura and soft shell crab too heavy. We ordered desserts, waiting 30 minutes for them is excessive. You can find better Thai elsewhere in London. On the other hand the restaurant was busy and lively. Maybe better for a party than for genuine Thai food.
- Nice dinner at Thai ThaiJCo81VIPDined on 5/9/2014Reasonable dinner and service. I would say that's it's it as nice at all as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDiner9876Dined on 3/9/2014Good place for diner with friends, and excellent value with the 50% off deal. Food is very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50% off food and qualityBonsterVIPDined on 2/9/2014We had to wait over 30 mins for our order to be taken - at which point we ordered drinks and food at once. The wine arrived, but not the water and mocktails for our non-drinking party, we had to chase them for it. Starters were mediocre at best, and it was 2 hours between when we walked in and when our mains arrived - which we also had to chase for. And then the sticky rice came in a PLASTIC BAG!!!!!!!!!! It had clearly been microwaved. Then they added service charge to the bill. SO disappointed, wouldn't recommend at all.
- Poor lighting in restaurant...MangoVIPDined on 31/8/2014There was hardly any lighting in the restaurant that can put you to sleep especially while you await for your food. the service wasn't bad, the staff there were very attentive and food arrived pretty quick. The portions weren't big but with the 50% discount... I guess it is good for value. I wouldn't really recommend my friends because it wasn't really authentic thai food although the menu looks very authentic.Special Features:
- Thai Thai EastFoodie789Dined on 30/8/2014Went with friends for a nice meal and they did not disappoint. Food was very good and ambience was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you like your food spicy.....CadarnDined on 29/8/2014.....then I definately recommend Thai Thai East. Bubbly atmosphere & good service & what with the 2 for 1 Opentable deal Thai Thai East is a must. Beware though as the dishes are rather spicy, but very tasty. Oh yes, & very cold Thai beers! Delish
- Disappointingreviewer1981Dined on 29/8/2014Poor service. Waiting half an hour to be served. Had to call waitress over. Food not prepared fresh so they cannot meet any dietary requirements. Over priced.
- Great ThaidndnDined on 24/8/2014Good food and service and a great price with the 50% offer. We have been before and paid full price and being very happy. The food is full of flavor and generally well cooked, portion sizes are reasonable. Drinks are a little on the pricey side but no more than you would expect for the area. Great place to get something to eat a little bit away from the bustle of old street but close enough to go for drinks before / after.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysgl0012Dined on 24/8/2014I enjoyed going to Thai Thai again after quite a while. Dishes were greatly presented and super tasty We got two starters and two mains plus rice between 2 people and were very full after finishing them!Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerfoodie101Dined on 23/8/2014A little loud but good food and a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot foodHTZRDined on 22/8/2014I have eaten here several times but unfortunately this time the food was just too hot to enjoy. Each of the meals was the same and it's not because we are not used to spice and heat - it just seemed like the chef had gone a step too far with the red chillies. It has put me off and I certainly wont be going back for a while, and not with guests.Special Features:
- Very good meal as always.ClaireDined on 18/8/2014Food excellent, service slightly slow good value with TT offerSpecial Features:
- Really good food!HappyfoodieDined on 16/8/2014I took my friend from the states here and it was my second time and the group loved it! Make sure you get there early to get a good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Thai East on Old Streetrosema26Dined on 16/8/2014Thai Thai East on Old Street is still a gem. Food is excellent and with the 50% off it is ea very good value. Went with my partner and a friend and ordered this time different main courses, some very spicy and other medium spicy. It was a delightful dinner and we enjoy all of it. It was not my 1st time as I lived near by and I am very lucky for that. Go and enjoy as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymIndianTouristDined on 16/8/2014Good thai good. Good value for money in the 50% food offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ThaiFoodLuvDined on 15/8/2014Great Thai, food was absolutely delicious and great value. Service a bit slow - but it didn't impact our evening. One tip do not order the house wine at £22.50 it was disgustingly sweet (unless you like that sort of wine!) and over priced we left half the bottle. Aside from the wine we had a lovely evening here and will go again!Special Features:
- Husband's 50th birthdayPanface60Dined on 15/8/2014We have been to Thai Thai many times on our visits to London. I had booked through Open Table as normal but on arrival they had no record of the booking for us. We had confirmation from the restaurant itself along with notification that this meal was to celebrate my husband's special birthday, and so this was not recognised. The food itself was excellent although the restaurant was very busy and so had to wait. The final bill did not include their 50% discount offer although we did adhere to their conditions and its 12.5% service charge would not have been a problem had we received good service.Special Features:
- Thai Thai EasttopeaterDined on 8/8/2014I regularly come here because the food is delicious and the offers are good value. Theres plenty of choice and the décor is pleasing. Service can be unfriendly when they are busy, but I would continue to recommend to people looking for Thai food in the Shoreditch/Old Street area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddanli123Dined on 6/8/2014Thai Thai east has consistently good food, however there seems to be only one server leading the charge. While she was attentive and knowledgeable, the rest of the staff seemed incompetent and unwilling to serve. Other than that, great location, great value. Service staff needs an upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally a reliable placeZcapVIPDined on 5/8/2014But wasn't great this time though. Food seemed pretty average - they need to buck up their ideas with the Vietnamese competition!
- Bad serviceJuliaDined on 3/8/2014Had a booking here on Sunday for 8 people, the service was awful! We asked for our curries to be mild, it came out to be extra spicy, our order was taken down incorrectly and served at different times, the waitress was rude when we asked if she could clean the table, she said she would ask someone to come over to clean but didn't, we had to wait for a PDQ machine for 20-30 minutes after asking the same waitress but she wasn't bothered The music was so loud we could barely hear each otherSpecial Features:
- Thai ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/7/2014Great food, very good value and extensive menu. However, if you're going with children and book the 50% deal dont book it for the children as you have to order a main and starter for the offer to applySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as b4jgilVIPDined on 26/7/2014I´ve been using this restaurnat for few yrs and probably they change the chef or manangent but the quality and presentation of food is miles away from their previous style
- Good Food, But Discount UncleardsmensahDined on 18/7/2014Experience was fine, only complaint is that I saw a 50% discount on Top Table, but when going through the booking process I wasn't informed of what I needed to do to get the discount - I just assumed since I had booked through top table I would automatically get the discount. Instead, you have to notify the restaurant first - when I explained the mixed up, they refused to give me the discount. We ate from the set menu anyway, so it was still ok value.Special Features:
- Thai Thai - Weekday lunchAnonymousVIPDined on 17/7/2014Excellent food. Service was good. Good range of options. Good value set menu but we chose from the a la carte menu. Good portion sizes. Surprisingly quiet when we attended but made it easy for conversation and attentive service. Would definitely return.