The Anglesey Arms
Anglesey, LL59 5EANeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Anglesey Arms
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anglesey-arms.co.uk/
- Phone: 01248712305
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 9pm
Saturday - Sunday: all day
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Anglesey Arms
Located in the island town of Menai Bridge, The Anglesey Arms is over 200 years old, a favourite local pub-restaurant with friendly service and a warm welcome for those fresh off of the famed Telford bridge that brings visitors from the Welsh mainland. Carefully refurbished in the summer of 2011, The Anglesey Arms Hotel blends genuine traditional Welsh charm with contemporary styling, embracing local heritage within its long white-painted walls but still feeling clean and modern at the same time. In the pub, with its wood panelled bar – hung with the tack from the first horse across the Menai Bridge - salmon pink walls and row of stools, guests enjoy well-kept J.W. Lees real ales, carefully picked wines and a full range of spirits alongside simple, delicious bar food. Appropriately The Anglesey Arms Hotel’s menu lists the very best of British with traditional pub classics the backbone of the selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Anglesey Arms - Best restaurants in Beaumaris ›
The Anglesey Arms reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since 19 May 2014
- service is dire. food - pub grubnixnsox2Dined on 24/8/2014Visited the Anglesey Arms for an anniversary meal. Waiting on staff clueless! When asked what is served with the chicken dish....she replied "not much really!" Seated at a table and then asked to move as it had been reserved. Table next to us waited 30 mins for rice pudding - still uncooked when it finally arrived. Dining room staff need clear direction / training and educating on the menu. The food was ok. Nothing special. Expected much better quality. Access to smoking area is right through the middle of the restaurant.... The Anglesey Arms are trying to do everything - hotel / restaurant / pub - sadly not very well.
- Not what I expectedDelightfulDinerDined on 30/3/2014It started off badly when they had no record of my booking. They did find us a table eventually. We ordered drinks which took over 30 minutes to arrive. We ordered beef for two of us and the other two had burgers. The children had Lasagne. The burgers were uninspired, the chips were ok what little of them they had. The beef was lovely but the bed of mash it came on had so much pepper in it that it was inedible. We waited 30 mins for a server to clear our plates. At this point it was no longer busy. The desserts which took their time coming and when they did the children's icecream was half melted already. The waitress did not smile once. The bill which was high for the level of food and service we received. We will not be returning.
- good food...blondesmiler5Dined on 5/6/2012Had a nice evening out as a group booking dining for a birthday celebration, service was good the only let-down was very minimal choice for vegetarians. Definately need more choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was pleasant andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2012The service was pleasant and thre food of a good standard pub style. There was a friendly busy atmosphere - we would go again. Good value.