8 Pall Mall
London, SW1Y 5NGNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebalconlondon.com/
- Phone: 02077472200x7820
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11pm
Saturday: 7am - 11pm
Sunday: 7am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Menager
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Balcon
For a sense of arrival, a sense of place and a sense of being part of a scene The Balcon is the place to eat, to drink, to see and be seen. Soak in the atmosphere of this modern London and Parisian grand brasserie under the champagne balcony, at the charcuterie bar or at your preferred table. Let the charcutier and the rest of the cast take you on a culinary journey with dishes inspired by both classic British and French cooking methods. The Balcon your all day dinning destination.Continued
Please note that our set menu is not available on bank holidays.
Please note that our set menu is not available on bank holidays.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Balcon reviews from OpenTable diners
636 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (312)pre/post theatre (281)business meals (253)romance (227)fit for foodies (177)afternoon tea (122)brunch (98)outstanding value (78)sunday lunch (77)group bookings (64)good vegetarian options (34)disabled access (30)child friendly (14)outdoor eating (7)Show More
- Very enjoyable meal-recommendedBlueBearDined on 30/8/2014We went for a birthday meal at the Balcon on Saturday evening. The food was of a very high standard - the Lemon Sole and the Burgers were particularly enjoyable. If you have a sweet tooth then make sure you have a dessert - the little Parisian desserts were delicious as was the Creme Brulee The service was fantastic - excellent job by the waiter and the decor was very pleasant. I recommend this restaurant for all types of diners as it ticks all the boxes.Special Features:
- the balconjamieinlondonDined on 30/8/2014Beautiful room, excellent service and great value. I had been looking around at top west end restaurants offering a pre theatre menu but found most of them offer very little choice - more often than not it's a choice of 3 starters, 3 mains, 3 desserts. The Balcon however offered a wide range of choice and the food was delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- AlysduhDined on 27/8/2014Food not up to usual standard, salad choice poor. Bread not as varied as usual . My cheese board just had one cheese (3 slices) but no celery and my crepe suzette was rather dry. Rest of party were quite happy
- Super Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/8/2014I rarely write reviews - only on occasions where I received wither very “bad” or very “good” service. I am please say that my dinning at Balcon falls into the latter category. Very delicious and well-crafted cuisine with some of the best service you will find in London! This is my third time dinning at Balcon and it is now at the top of my list for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitQuality4UDined on 24/8/2014Just off. Trafalgar Square and the Mall close to Theatre land for a good unhurried meal and great service around £50 per head well worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experiencePianoGirlDined on 24/8/2014My friends and I visited The Balcon for the first time this weekend and we all had such a wonderful time. The staff were so attentive and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Our waiter for dinner was Silvio who was a real credit to The Balcon and served our table beautifully throughout the evening. The food was fantastic, we took advantage of the 3 Courses, 1 glass of champagne, Tea/Coffee Offer which was brilliant value and we were never made to feel rushed at any point during our meal. I was even presented with a surprise dessert as I was celebrating my wedding in 2 weeks time! We had a simply lovely time at The Balcon and I am already trying my plan my next visit!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and serviceNan63Dined on 23/8/2014The atmosphere was perfect for a saturday night. The service was very good and staff are so helpful and always smiling. The food was very good. We didnt want to leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SdhkDined on 23/8/2014Visited The Balcon for the first time and the food, service and ambience was excellent! We had a lovely dinner and definitely recommend it for a special occasion. Thank you to Silvio our waiter and all the staff for the excellent service!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningJLeBDined on 23/8/2014Great value with the offer. The quality of the food was excellent and the taste of all the courses was very good. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Just Go!JimmyWangWangDined on 23/8/2014Brought my fiancée here for her birthday and it was kind of booked last minute - but we are glad we chose The Balcon. Food stunning, service stunning and it was one of the most enjoyable evenings in quite some time. We have gone very 'East End' when it comes to dining over the past while, but this has certainly won us back to the 'West End' - well done to all the amazing team there [particularly Silvio our server and his team of Managers/Supervisors that were so talkative & friendly].Special Features:
- StylishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014I really liked this restaurant. 3 of us went for a pre theatre lunch. We had the rapid lunch where you get the three courses served at the same time. I was a bit concerned about it to start with, but of course by the time it came, it was perfect, it meant no waiting around which is just what you want when you have a tight time frame. The food was absolutely delicious and the venue was so attractive. I have to say the hotel itself fills the senses, including a wonderful not not over powering perfumed smell on entrance. I would definitely go there again and would recommend it to people going to the theatre at the Haymarket. The waiting staff were wonderful, being really helpful to one of our party with a gluton allergySpecial Features:
- theatreloversDined on 22/8/2014All staff very friendly and helpful. Wonderful ambience, an oasis of calm in the heart of the city. Delicious food. We had a wonderful birthday celebration there and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed atmosphere, great flavoursOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/8/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch, a platter with all courses presented together, allowing for a speedy lunch if required. Friendly attentive service, a lovely place to return to.Special Features:
- Great Food and Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 21/8/2014I've stayed at Sofitel Pall Mall and eaten at The Bacon for lunch and dinner on several occasions. My experience has always been very good. If you are looking for a good classic French brasserie in London, then this would certainly be the place to go. The ambiance is relax, slightly formal yet not pretentious. Dimmed light setting with a décor that reminds me of old Parisian brasseries. The menu offers classically inspired French dishes. The dessert is something I never missed at this restaurant; with my particular love and adoration for raspberry macaroon and crepe suzette, which I would highly recommend. Aside, from the great food and memorable ambiance, the service at The Balcon is also one of the best I’ve had in London.Special Features:
- Great venue and location1885Dined on 20/8/2014We enjoyed an early dinner at the Balcon and had a very pleasant evening. A very classy restaurant with great attention to detail but welcoming and attentive service from a friendly front of house team. We had the 3 course + glass of wine + coffee package for less than £30, which was very good value for money in that location and hope to return in the near future.Special Features:
- Tasty and tastefulnameranonVIPDined on 19/8/2014Great atmosphere and delicious food. Safe for those with Coeliac's disease too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/8/2014My bankers and clients LOVED it as I knew they would. Great space, great atmosphere, good food and great location. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperblibertyDined on 18/8/2014The restaurant is a superb venue if you are having a date or business lunch at it is very quite and the staff is very attentive. They are mostly French but have an attitude to service many English staff could dream of. One of my favourites in London.Special Features:
- Good offerJulieHDined on 17/8/2014The OpenTable was a good offer but the choice were very limited for the mains unfortunately. We both had the mushroom ravioli which I would never go for in a restaurant as this is a very simple dish. Mine was too salty. The starter however was really good (steak tartare on toasted hazelnut bread), my friend had the foie gras and the portion was more than generous. The desert were very good too. The service was very friendly but we had to wait very long period of time in between courses and requests. The waitresss though was very knowledgeable and willing to help. Overall a good experience, but wihtout the offer it would have been a very expensive meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowNomnomnomDined on 16/8/2014Amazing value with 3 courses for £23, the food is exceptionally good. The fois gras starter is out if this world. Great service, lovely setting, I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGlosGirlsDined on 15/8/2014A grown up girly lunch for friends 'in town' for the day from deepest darkest Gloucestershire, The Balcon was perfect. Impeccable service (unobtrusive, super efficient and warm), wonderful three course lunch full of delicious flavours and textures combined with outstanding value and a real sense of a 'treat'. The Balcon is an elegant oasis away from the frenzy of the National Gallery in the height of the tourist season, a real find. We were thrilled to discover The Balcon and we all would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurantyummyDined on 13/8/2014the 3 course meal was good value and we thoroughly enjoyed the impeccable serviceSpecial Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Really good evening, service was outstanding. Would highly recommend the restaurant and will be going again. Food was excellent and enjoyed by all present. Setting was very good and we had plenty of space around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBlossomDined on 11/8/2014Lovely lunch with plenty of choice. The staff were very nice and attentive. We would go again.Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday DinnerHappyEaterDined on 10/8/2014This was our second time dining at the Balcon. Both times were as part of one of the Toptable deals. Once again we were not disappointed. Great food and great service in fabulous surroundings.Special Features:
- LHSMDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service. Our waitress had a detailed understanding of all the food on the menu and was happy to help with our choices for each course. Overall, a great night out, we will return next time we are in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BalconOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great food and brilliant value on the deal. We will recommend to friends and plan to come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good meal at the BalconSteveDined on 9/8/2014Always enjoy eating at the Balcon, we had a an aperitif in the bar my wife normally enjoys a Bellini made with the traditional Prosecco but given the French nature of the hotel and resturant it was made with Moët Champagne and my wife commented that it was one of the best she had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely mealpeamalDined on 8/8/2014We had a lovely meal at the balcon and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningbiginleighDined on 7/8/2014Four of us enjoyed a lovely dinner at The Balcon on Thursday. The venue is lovely and the table we had was excellent being on a raised area and over looking the restaurant. All courses were delicious and was excellent value with the opentable offer. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best for serviceFliss2dineDined on 6/8/2014Friends and I have been eating out in London for over 30 years. The Balcon's service is in the top two I have ever soon. The staff were kind, attentive, nothing was too much trouble, totally efficient and I went back on two consecutive days and was not disappointed. The £28 deal for 3 courses including coffee and a glass of wine is unbeatable. I had salmon in gin and the cucumber soup to start on different days, lamb one day and fish the next and the sweets were fabulous as were the portions. I had expected meagre portions for the deal but no. I love the formal but relaxed setting and will not hesitate to go back on 18th of this month. Bravo to the Balcon and you are doing a brilliant job you complete stars!Special Features:
- Greatvwag48Dined on 4/8/2014We visited The Balcon twice: we enjoyed the meals and beverages and the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014I went to The Balcon on a Friday evening for an anniversary dinner. We had booked a deal with 3 courses and a glass of champagne for £33 a head. The food here was delicious. Nothing overly 'fancy', but really good quality ingredients, well prepared and cooked with some great flavour combinations. The service was impeccable. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive, polite, friendly and knowledgeable. The only tiny downside to this deal is that there were only 3 choices for the main - lamb, fish and vegetarian. We had the lamb and fish and they were very tasty, but I'd personally want to wait for a new selection of mains before visiting again. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend the Balcon for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent mealkokoDined on 1/8/2014Enjoyed the 1920s setting for an early pre-theatre supper. Starters were very interesting and the portions, although on a small plate were substantial. Mains were also delicious and well presented. Puddings were delicate and just the right amount after two filling courses. The only difficulty was that slightly more than 1.5hrs is needed for the pre-theatre menu of 3 courses and so it's not a 'quick meal' that you can have an hour or so before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch pre-matineeeliseDined on 30/7/2014My first visit here since it has been transformed into The Balcon. Food is still very good and the restaurant spacious and elegant. We had a three-course lunch with wine and coffee - good value. Excellent service - as rushed or unrushed as you have time for. Will definitely return and would highly recommend it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindLadyMarmeladeDined on 29/7/2014This is the second time we have eaten at The Balcon, the first time only 2 months ago. The food and service is very good and we especially like the bar (and the cocktails!) but what we really like is the relaxed feel to the place - not intimidating at all as some venues in central London can be. This place is a real find. After a cocktail in the bar on arrival we just had a modest starter each: a tomato salad and the beef tartare followed by the charcuterie plate and the lobster/pasta dish accompanied by a bottle of Pinot Blanc. We didn't have room for proper dessert but as it was my husband's birthday we were presented with a selection of small cakes which we did manage to work our way through. Now just planning when we can return.Special Features:
- Another great mealSteveDined on 28/7/2014Held a business dinner and again not disappointed.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre Birthday dinner a deuxShallwebeginDined on 26/7/2014A warm welcome in classy surroundings for my wife on her eve-of-her-birthday London theatre outing. She immediately appreciated the mellow jazz playing in the background - very much to our taste. As was the food. I'd originally intended the 3-course pre-theatre special, but with time on our side, and a glass of champagne in our hands, we strayed willingly into a la carte. To be picky, my wife's wild sea trout was slightly overdone. Otherwise our "small plate" starters - the gin marinated organic salmon, and the spicy tomato and pepper egg cocotte were first class - as was my lobster coquilletes pasta with clams main. The service was excellent throughout: attentive, fast and friendly without being intrusive. Highly recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningdineatsixDined on 24/7/2014I booked the Balcon to dine with some friends who were visiting from Australia and expected a quality restaurant experience. From the moment we walked into the restaurant they were impressed and their appreciation of the ambiance, the service and the food increased throughout the meal. We all had a very enjoyable memorable evening. It was our third visit but won't be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business BreakfastEAbookingsDined on 23/7/2014Perfect for a quite, less crowded business breakfast. Ideally situated. Would go again.Special Features: