7 Sloane Square
London, SW1W 8EENeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebotanistonsloanesquare.com/
- Phone: 02077300077
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 8am-11.30pm Sat and Sun: 9am-11.30pm
Food service times (Monday-Friday):
Breakfast: 8am-11.30am Restaurant menu: midday-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Shannon Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to organise local canapés parties, cocktail parties and business lunch catering. Please call Jessica on 07900 677051 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Transit: The Botanist is ideally located for public transport. The closest tube stations are Sloane Square and Victoria and local bus routes include the 11,19,22,137,170,211,319,360,452 and C1.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY During the day meters are available in all surrounding streets at a cost of £3 - £4 an hour. Free parking is available on Sloane Square and on the surrounding streets from 6.30pm each night. SUNDAYS Parking is free all day in the surrounding streets.
A word from The Botanist
The Botanist is a stylish, contemporary restaurant and bar on Sloane Square, open all day every day. The venue has an elegant look as befits its chic Chelsea location: the light and airy dining space has floor to ceiling windows; a stunning stripped oak floor and a beautifully lit display of botanical images. The menus offer a selection of carefully sourced, seasonal dishes such as Soft-poached Gull’s Egg with Chorizo, Alsace Bacon and Fresh Peas and Rare Breed British Lop Pork Cutlet with Pommery Mustard Mash and Black Pudding Stuffed Granny Smith Apple. Delicious desserts are also on offer: best sellers are Knickerbockers Glory; Roast Honey Almond Figs, Apple and Blueberry Compote and Devonshire Clotted Cream and Baked Lemon Tart. The gleaming pewter bar also offers a fantastic space for drinks. The extensive wine list features 150 bins and the cocktail list offers all the classics plus a selection of original, bespoke cocktails using of seasonal British ingredientsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBrunch
The Botanist - Best restaurants in Belgravia ›
The Botanist reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since 4 June 2014
brunch (97)pre/post theatre (70)business meals (64)special occasions (64)fit for foodies (46)sunday lunch (38)romance (32)afternoon tea (26)group bookings (25)good vegetarian options (17)outdoor eating (9)child friendly (6)outstanding value (4)disabled access (2)Show More
- Good food and service, but...DapperDinerDined on 27/9/2014Great food and better service than previously experienced here! However adding charity donations/charges to people's bills is not acceptable. I choose which charities I get involved with and was disappointed to see your reatuarant tried to charge me a charity donation hoping I wouldn't notice!Special Features:
- Good food with rather slow serviceHeimiJDined on 25/9/2014My friend and I had a table at 6.15 pm on Thurs and restaurant was rather quiet in spite of very busy bar section. Wienie Schnitzel and Cod were mains we chose and both of them were nice. However, service was rather on slow side. It is unsure if all resaurant staff are focusing on being not intrusive. But it took a while(more than 10 mins) for us to get attention to order the first drinks, and we were asked at much later stage if we want to order drinks while waiting for our drinks to come out. Considering £50 per head for 1 main, 2 drinks and 1 bottle of water, slow service and lack of attention to customers are areas to be improved.Special Features:
- BluemorrisrDined on 19/9/2014I come here often with a friend and decided we would give it a miss after the last experience. We were the only people in the restaurant for about half an hour and the services was terrible. We had to keep asking to order a drink and our food. Food was below average.
- BotanistBeccaDined on 13/9/2014I had lunch at the Botanist on Saturday with some friends. There were lots of good choices on the menu, and the food was great. It was fairly noisy/ bad acoustics so difficult to have a good chat over lunch, but was a good atmosphere and experience apart from that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place, would recommend!Pippo33Dined on 13/9/2014I took my Mum here for breakfast for her birthday and it was a really lovely restaurant. Its not too big but its spacious enough that you arent just crammed in. The waiters and staff were very attentive and the food was really delicious. I had eggs benedict which I would highly recommend and my mum had the blueberry pancakes of which there was a massive stack of! The bill was £38 (inc service) which for two breakfasts, a pot of tea, an orange juice and a hot chocolate which is quite pricey but for a nice occasion/treat it was worth paying. Ill defintely be going back here to try the other menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKatielouDined on 12/9/2014Beautiful restaurant, lovely food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- ThierryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Its a nice place but it is just too expensive for what it isSpecial Features:
- Trendy s;Jw11dcDined on 4/9/2014The bar area is packed by the dining area is more relaxed. The food is not cheap nor the wine list - but it is Sloane Square. The quality of the food was good and the waiter was friendly and amusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The botanist outstandingSarahDined on 30/8/2014This resturant was fantastic! I took my mum for her 60th the food service and atmostsphere was wonderful and location right on sloane square was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Not Have Been More Perfect...PatsyDined on 19/8/2014This was a birthday lunch for 22 year old son. There were 4 of us. Both the food and the service were first class. Our waiter took it upon himself to present our son with a platter of sweets and a birthday cake candle without having been asked. The staff were exceptional. Thank you to everyone at the Botanist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please, sir - I want more!UsfavdA2013Dined on 17/8/2014Two generations - my wife and I together with daughter and the new beau! Sunday lunch... the traditional roast (beef) and one Vienna Schnitzel. It was fabulous. A prime position close to the open window looking out onto a sun-kissed Sloane Square and impeccable, friendly service from everyone concerned. The food - top-notch! Everything about The Botanist reeks of pleasure. The portions were HUGE - No, seriously - HUGE. It meant there was no room left in any of the four stomachs for dessert and, my word, what a choice of dessert there was. I recommend The Botanist for any occasion and am currently working up my appetite for a return visit.Special Features:
- Poor everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 17/8/2014We had friends visit from Derbyshire who drove straight to the Botanist for breakfast. It took 15mins to take our order, the food when it came was tiny portions and semi cold. I asked for condiments and they never came. We ordered extra coffee and waited 15mins before asking again and then it arrived cold with no apology. The entire restaurant seemed to be all abuzz with getting ready for lunch and ignoring the fact the place was full with people not there for lunch. There was ample staff and they were all just floating around chatting. It feels as if the food was pre-cooked and just warmed up so that they could concentrate on lunch. We will not be returning
- Favourite restaurantjinjanutsDined on 16/8/2014Apart from the convenience for pre-concert dining at Cadogan Hall, The Botanist continues to be one of our favourite restaurants. The menu is always very interesting and changes regularly, quality of the food is excellent making the choice difficult, and service is attentive without being invasive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu in great locationCAcaVIPDined on 13/8/2014This pub gets really, really busy, but the restaurant is a quiet sanctuary at the back. Good menu with some great seasonal dishes
- best breakfastfamily99Dined on 7/8/2014It will be hard to find a better place for a decent breakfast in this area. I would highly recommend it if you like to have a few different options for breakfast but don't wish to pay over the odds. Perfect for a family with teenagers, or anybody else who likes their breakfast to include optional pancakes, muesli or toast as well as the usual full english or croissant and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best breakfast I've ever eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 26/7/2014Thank you to The Botanist for such a wonderful visit. I took my partner there for a birthday breakfast last weekend after our regular brunch spot gave us very bad service on our last visit. After searching far and wide for 'the best breakfast in London' I can safely say we have found a new home for our special occasions. I would highly recommend the sweetcorn fritters and the hot chocolate (the most delicious hot chocolate I've ever had). The service couldn't have been better and they even surprised my partner with a complimentary 'happy birthday' plate of fruit and chocolates. Overall, a wonderful morning.Special Features:
- Reliable and FriendlyPhilip153Dined on 21/7/2014Our choices of burger and mussels were unadventurous but they were nicely done... Peach millefueille was nice if a bit sweet. Service and pace as ever were great and well looked after - thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BotanistGrandpaDined on 15/7/2014We had a family dinner with our grandsons. Nice atmosphere for them-crowded City- but perhaps a bit much for us oldies. That said a good meal with one exception (later). THe starters were excellent. Whitebait was crisp and tasty. Main courses- Dory was very nice: Sole nicely cooked. Boys enjoyed their Burgers. Puddings were OK but for sorbet which was totally lacking in any taste at all. Shame because it was well outside the rest. THat said they removed from the bill which was appreciated. We would go again. Expensive for us country dwellers but not London.Special Features:
- BrunchHelenEDined on 13/7/2014The food was very good and the service recovered well from a mistake. The waiter did not put our breakfast order in, and when this came to light he made sure we were served quickly and did not charge us for all the purchases. Lovely place for a relaxed weekend brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocking serviceDougalDined on 3/7/2014It was as if we did not exist. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Lunch in the sunndeedVIPDined on 1/7/2014Dined during a busy lunch service on Tuesday 1st July - the interior of the restaurant was fairly warm but with all the large windows open, there was a constant breeze which really helped. We had two courses and shared a dessert as well as sampled a couple of cocktails. Everything was presented well and tasted great [except the mille feuille which had collapsed sideways on the plate by the time it reached our table, and the fruit component was a little bit hard]. I'd definitely go again but probably choose a different dessert...or have another cocktail instead! I'd recommend the tuna carpaccio started and the toretellini main as standout dishes. Also the Garden Sling cocktail was perfect for the weather.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/6/2014The waiter took away our drink before it was finished. I was then told that I did not know what med-rare looked like for a rib eye steak (I eat out at least 3 times a week and often have rib eye). My collegueagues recieved their food 30 minutes before mine arrived (though I was told it would take 5). I would never recommend this restaurant esp when there are so many options close by. Even Cote is better and that is saying something!
- Lovely location, deliversgingerlovelyVIPDined on 22/6/2014I have been to The Botanist many times over the years and it continues to deliver. It is of course in a more expensive part of town and therefore prices are higher even though the food is not proportionately more exciting. But you pay partly for the location and the atmosphere, which are both lovely on a sunny Sunday afternoon when you're out and about on the Kings Road and looking for somewhere to rest your feet and enjoy a light lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic place in ChelseahmmmVIPDined on 22/6/2014The Botanist is in a very convenient location and full of 'beautiful people'. Ambience was great and we had a wonderful waiter. Menu and drinks are overpriced but I guess in line with the location. Food was very good, we had the fish with clam sauce and the mussels (great portion). The bread was delicious.
- Average and overpricedZzzhyDined on 18/6/2014Overpriced and poorly executed salade- a non event for £15 - patchy service. Tthe restaurant is so tidly packed with tables that getting in and out of your benchseat is a struggle. Bar area looking a bit tired.
- The usual salad problemeatoutlotsDined on 11/6/2014I took my mother and daughter to The Botanist for a mid week lunch. They ordered mussels and wiener schnitzel both of which were presented well and the portion size represented the price. However, I chose the goats cheese salad and was disappointed. There was one segment of orange and 3 small cheese balls on a pile of baby salad leaves- the making, preparation and presentation of this dish does not represent its price. Service was attentive and I would go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Atmosphere and Food!EmmaBDined on 7/6/2014My boyfriend and I booked a night in a hotel on Pimlico Road and thought Sloane Square would be ideal for our dinner. We were right! The Botanist is right on the Square and, even with the windows wide open and people sat outside enjoying their drinks, the atmosphere was personal and intimate. The food was delicious (would recommend ordering a side to share, we ordered one each and had too much) and our waiter was chatty and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudLondonLadyDined on 6/6/2014I brought my father who was visiting from out of town for a nice catch up dinner on a Friday night. The dining room served more as an extension of the cocktail/bar area rather than as a dining area and we could barely hear each other talk. I appreciate that it's a busy venue on a Friday night, but the dining room really shouldn't have spill over from the bar, it makes for a lousy dining experience. Also, my fish (the cod) was flavourless and made my throat itchy! The smoked salmon was lovely and our waiter was very attentive and polite.
- FunChecks123Dined on 31/5/2014Have eaten there many times when shopping in the city always great. On Saturday after day shopping with my daughter in law had great meal with great service from a delightful young Frenchman,only downside was our bottle of champagne was not cold enough when first served which we had in the bar. Great ambiance buzzy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/5/2014Excellent, but very noisy. Service is friendly, very correct. Menú is superb. Esplendid location. Noise...Special Features:
- PinachoVIPDined on 27/5/2014great food, but don't go if you want a quiet evening, or even to be able to hear the conversation of your dinner partner; they really need to do something about the acoustics: all hard surfaces don't workI would recommend this to a friend.
- blossomDined on 23/5/2014Took my mum for dinner after chelsea flower show , the service was spot on as we didnt have much time because of our train back , the food was delicious and good portions , it was very bustly and busy in the bar but we thought it had a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch but don't eat the chocolatesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/5/2014We had an excellent lunch after the flower show which unfortunately was completely ruined by the nasty nasty chocolate served with coffee. I am not being fussy it was so bad it it left a sh## taste that lasted for hours . Real shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 22/5/2014superb breakfast. Very attentive service. Great value for moneySpecial Features:
- High on ambienceperfectionistDined on 20/5/2014Always a pleasure to eat here. Has a good buzz about it. Good choice of dishes and wine. Service variable but this time excellent. Hard edges everywhere make it a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Beautiful Botanist BrunchingJillynmadzDined on 17/5/2014I booked for Brunch as my daughter and I were on a flying day trip from Newcastle and couldn't fit in lunch with shopping and a matinee show on our agenda! The staff were courteous pleasant and extremely friendly, with a special touch of 'Happy Birthday Chocys' with our bill... Many thanks, we'll definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch venueSS01Dined on 11/5/2014Brunch was lovely. We went from having four waiting staff asking us whether we had ordered drinks to then waiting 20 mins for a grapefruit juice. Very attractive and polite staff but could be better trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAnnaDined on 9/5/2014I think this place is alright but would not necessarily go again. Convenient if you're going to the theatre next door.Special Features:
- Suitability for business breakfastAlwaysrushingDined on 9/5/2014For a breakfast meeting via commute to work via Victoria, The Botanist is a great option. Warm welcome, quick and polite service, decent coffee, I would recommend as an alternative to staying closer to Victoria station if you need a breakfast meeting on way in to work/wherever via Victoria.Special Features:
- Very averageClarkeyDined on 7/5/2014It is too noisy in the restaurant and it is hard to have a proper conversation. The service was ok but the waiter was surly and the food nothing special. A bit bland and unmemorable.Special Features: