The Brasserie at the Grosvenor Hotel
101 Buckingham Palace Road
London, SW1W 0SJNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
The Brasserie at the Grosvenor Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thegrosvenorbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 02078686251
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Friday: 12pm - 21:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 17:00 - 21:00
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Full Bar, Wine
A word from The Brasserie at the Grosvenor Hotel
Just moments from London's Victoria Station and walking distance to Buckingham Palace, The Brasserie restaurant is the perfect stop-off for weary travellers. The Brasserie, located in the beautifully renovated Grosvenor Hotel, boasts a warm ambiance and soft lighting with dark wood furnishings and original Victorian features. The menu, created by executive chef Robert Prendergast, specialises in classically British cuisine with a few European touches thrown in. Here diners can start the day with full English breakfasts or something more continental. The lounge offers a more informal setting and casual lunch menu with burgers, sandwiches and salads or, for something more indulgent, diners can treat themselves to a traditional or champagne afternoon tea, replete with petit fours, scones with fruit preserves and clotted cream, finger sandwiches and loose leaf tea. The lunch and dinner menu has something for everyone; featured dishes may include soups, sharing platters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brasserie at the Grosvenor Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since 21 October 2013
business meals (17)pre/post theatre (14)brunch (7)afternoon tea (6)group bookings (6)fit for foodies (4)special occasions (4)sunday lunch (3)disabled access (2)good vegetarian options (2)outstanding value (2)romance (1)Show More
- AwfulAnnaBVIPDined on 16/10/2014A hotel restaurant stuck in the 80's. Bad food (fodder), lack lustre service, generally you get the feeling nobody cares about this restaurant at all. Shame as it's in a great location and could be a real find but menu is uninspiring, service terrible, would never go again and had to send an apology to my client about picking it as a lunch venue, it was that bad.
- Very SlowMonty67Dined on 7/10/2014Had a table booked for 4.45 and had to wait nearly 15 minutes for anyone to actually come and seat us. We were the only ones in the restaurant so hoped the service would improve - alas it didn't. Our starters arrived and the food was ok and then we waited about 15 minutes for our plates to be cleared and by that time we had to leave as had to be at a meeting close by at 6.00 pm. We cancelled our main courses and explained our reasons and them they turn up 5 minutes later whilst we are still waiting for the bill . Not a great experience and wouldn't recommend to anyone - must be other places close by with better service.Special Features:
- Fridays Business LunchMarkDined on 5/9/2014The food was very good but was let down by the less then attentive staff. I’ve eaten at the restaurant a good many times over the years and haven’t had this problem before. I would have expected more for the price I paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- talldiner88Dined on 29/8/2014Very close to Victoria, nice setting and not pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSilvercoupleDined on 26/8/2014Our son and daughter picked this restaurant for a pre theatre meal for us as part of a surprise anniversary present. Going into the restaurant we were made very welcome and were well looked after. The restaurant decor was lovely with music playing I the background which was really relaxing. We ordered and was surprised at how quick our food came. The food was very good and well presented. I would have preferred a slightly longer wait between our starter and main course but I do realise that as it was a pre theatre meal the object is to be served quickly.Special Features:
- Great restaurantSimonRDined on 19/8/2014Great setting for this lovely restaurant. Food was lovely - had the good value pre theatre option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food ....DorsetPipDined on 14/6/2014We could not fault the quality of the food. I had the fish and chips, wife had a caesar salad. However the service was extremely slow. The two ladies next to us were seated after us yet thad finished 2 courses before our first course had been cleared. The waiter chose to clear a table on the opposite side although he had to pass us to get to the dirty plates. Fortunately we were dining after our theatre afternoon matinee and not before and there was plenty of time so we did not miss our train connection. The automatic 12.5% gratuity seemed unreasonable for the service that was received.Special Features:
- Pretty poor overallWhytejonVIPDined on 3/6/2014Front of house staff were lovely. However, the service was slow and inattentive, meaning i had to call a waiter every time we wanted something. The food was below average for this type of venue.
- Waiter did not know what lactoseAgueroDined on 9/4/2014Waiter did not know what lactose intolerant meant. Caesar salad had cream in the dressing. I have never experienced this before.
- Excellent pre-theatre in VictoriaBigBillDined on 3/4/2014A very good value pre-theatre menu which, although limited, provided a very good experience. Starters of soup of the day and parma ham tart were both excellent and they certainly didn't scrimp on the chicken in the Caesar salad. Fresh and delicious as was the Fish and chips of my partner. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promised much, delivered little!johnDined on 27/3/2014Nice place, friendly staff, uncooked risoto. Food served to two guests, the third had to wait for too long - first course actually forgotten for a time (a replacement evntually arrived when everyone else had finished!). Wine very disappointing. Certainly will not be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Brasserie - Grosvenor HotelFianne71Dined on 7/3/2014The Brasserie at the Grosvenor Hotel in Victoria is a handy location for business lunches. The food is of good quality and value and the service is attentive without being overpowering. Recommended.Special Features:
- The Brasserie - Very Disapointing!FoodBCDined on 25/2/2014Having had several excellent dining experiences at the Grand Imperial at the Grosvenor Hotel I was hugely disappointed by the Brasserie. The salmon starter was pleasant but the rib eye steak was very overcooked for a medium rare steak and was very dry. When I queried it the waitress told me that’s how they present a medium rare steak! Not a restaurant I would recommend and will certainly not be returning.
- Will not be going backNiciDined on 21/12/2013We were so disappointed, with the food, my husbands pigeon breast was over cooked hence it was tough, and the vegatables were cold. I did complain but was told that as it was a game bird, so it would be!! The bill was just thrown onto our table, not even put into any kind of holder. The ambience, was ok-ish, as it was early. The value would have been fine, except that there was a 12.5% automatic service charge, which I did not think was appropriate given that one of the main courses was not very nice. When finally asked "how was your meal, I again complained, but was told the same thing, but I did advise that I would not be going back and would not recommend it to any friends or family.Special Features:
- kitchen failureDenPennDined on 19/12/2013There was some sort of gas leak, which meant that the kitchen was shut. This wasn't handled very well by the staff - we waited over an hour before anyone told us this, that was when the basket of bread finally arrived. Appreciate that problems happen, but the management should have taken over and spoken to customers, rather than letting the waiting staff handle complaints.
- great for the traindjnomskiDined on 12/12/2013Good food, very cery close to Victoria station. Nice feel in the restaurant and the staff were very friendly.Special Features:
- Oh dearIanCDined on 15/11/2013I must have had a bad night. We were shown to a table only to be moved to another one ten minutes later, the side order of potatoes was not delivered with the main course and, of the desserts, two were not available. Was it because it was Friday night? On the plus side, the food was good.
- Side dish disappointmentPicksterDined on 12/11/2013Lovely ambience and great sharing starter options (value for money) but rather disappointed that the side order of potatoes were very undercooked. Once I pointed that out, they were immediately replaced, but I was concerned that they went unnoticed in the first placeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre theatre optionAJB07Dined on 2/11/2013Food and service were both good. The restaurant was fairly quiet but we were dining early due to a theatre booking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meeting oasis in businesses VictowilwVIPDined on 31/10/2013I needed a restaurant convenient for Victoria station but quiet enough to have an evening of conversation. The brasserie was perfect. Good food at decent prices with friendly service. It also has a reasonable wine list. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the The Brasserie at the Grosvenor Hotel reviews archive.
- elegant afternoon tealaurachopsDined on 31/8/2013The tea lounge is beautiful and the selection of cakes an sansdwiches was delicious.Special Features:
- Pre theatre mealluv2dineVIPDined on 10/8/2013Good food, service and great value for a pre theatre dinner. We enjoyed the cured salmon starter, bacon main course and the cheesecake dessert. The only negative was that the room was uncomfortably hot and stuffy.
- enjoyed the meal!MademoiselleJTDined on 8/8/2013client lunch, nice table, delicious and beautifully presented scallops to start followed by steak which was very tasty although I think more medium than rare which I ordered. Nice peppercorn sauce, but vegetable side orders were basic. Didn't have wine or dessert, but the coffee to end wasn't the best I've ever had. Lovely location so worth tryingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and staff.KeendinersDined on 18/7/2013My family and I ate here on Thursday 18/07/13. The weather that day was very warm and The Brasserie has no air conditioning which was surprising and made things a little uncomfortable. Having said that the food was delicious adn the staff very helpful and on a cooler day it will be a great place to dine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for money winejohnDined on 11/7/2013Good value for money wine not too expensive. Food excellent good menu with fish options however service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon teaMarmiDined on 30/6/2013Delicious food, great service and polite staff. Beautiful room to enjoy while having afternoon tea. Will go again next time we are in London.Special Features:
- Would recommend because of the...SEA33Dined on 20/6/2013Great setting, attentive staff, good food and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Garden Party lunchKilsanderDined on 6/6/2013Booked a 1 o'clock table for lunch before attending a Buckingham Palace Garden Party. Immediate service was good but slowed down once we were seated. We had a table next to the till which was OK to begin with but became annoying - I should have asked to move. The food was good except that there was a piece of shell in the crab. Beef rib was very good. After 2 o'clock it was noisy at the bar as they staked coffee cups etc. The waiter made a mistake on the bill which had to be corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could do betterSkip120Dined on 27/5/2013On arrival we were greeted very well. The table we were shown to had not been re-laid after previous customer, no wine glasses or water glasses. The order was taken and the starters were excellent. However that was the last item to go correctly. Both mains were on the verge of being cold and being sent back. I now wish we had done this. The horseradish mash was horseradish with mash, the red wine jus just tasted of sugar that came with my beef. My wife's main lacked flavour. Not good at all. I shall not be going back nor recommending this hotel/restaurant to anyone. Shame.
- Special Birthday Surprise!StueyGDined on 20/5/2013I just mentioned when booking it was my partners birthday, so a nice table would be appreciated. After our main course, a small candle lit cake was presented to him. A special surprise and thoughtful gesture. Food was lovely and the Service was very friendly and attentive. Recommend and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodTravlarDined on 18/5/2013Went for a pre theatre dinner and thought the food was great and the prices were reasonable. However I thought it was too dark in the restaurant - there was no natural light at all as the blinds were all drawn....food good though...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, Exquisite and ExcellentspanishinlondonDined on 11/5/2013We went for pre-theatre dinner, the service was friendly, efficient and elegant without being pretentious. The restaurant and hotel are simply stunning,the food was exquisite, the only thing I would suggest is not to go rushed so you can thoroughly enjoy the experience. I will definitely go back, next time for afternoon tea. Give it a try, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findNKhanDined on 10/5/2013I'm not very familiar with the Victoria area so when my friend asked me to meet there for dinner before the theatre I was quite stumped as to where to go. This came highly recommended on toptable and it did not disappoint. The set menu (until 6pm) is excellent value but we just missed it (the portions can be a little small). The staff were extremely professional and helpful. I also recommend their ice tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 minute wait for 3 drinks!CocktailQueenDined on 9/5/2013Met my parents here 4 dinner mainly due to station location, wish I hadn't! They had tea in the tea rooms which is lovely + bright with comfy sofas. We moved to the dining room 4 dinner which was dark & so cold we kept our coats on. No ambience in the room. We ordered 1 beer + 2 mojitos and waited 40 minutes for them to arrive. When I asked what was taking so long I was told a large party of people had arrived at the bar. Terrible response! Despite empty tables in the dining room I had to get up + ask 4 service as once our order was taken we were just left sitting there. Service = ridiculously slow. Food = average. Trout was dry + chewy, nothing like trout should be! steak was also chewy old boot. Had to wait a really long time 4 pub food.Special Features:
- Time to Catch upLovetoLunchDined on 4/5/2013I chose the Brasserie because it was a stones throw from Victoria station, rather than for the food. But I couldn't have chosen a better place. The reason for the event was to catch up with an old friend who was flying back to Antigua the next day. So it was a bit of a special occasion. It was lovely and tranquil and the food was great, we were very well looked after. The waiting staff were fab and very attentive, nothing was too much trouble . Because we had a lot to catch up on we were there most of the afternoon, and were made very welcome indeed. I would recommend a visit especially for a special event, or like us just to catch up in lovely tranquil surroundings, and enjoy good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a TripEBLANDined on 27/4/2013If you are going to around Victoria Station London any time The Brassiere at the Grosvenor Hotel is well worth going to. We went after a matinee show and had two courses for £16.95. Excellent value for money. We will try The oriental restaurant next time.Special Features:
- Hotel settings are beautifulluvfoodDined on 25/4/2013Hotel settings are beautiful with easy access from the concourse of Victoria train station. The hotel cocktail bar was closed for a private function but the restaurant made an effort to have cocktails made & brought to us. Service started off well - very attentive staff - but as it got busier, this deteriorated. We were all delighted with the starters & main courses but the desserts were rather disappointing. This was partly due to the misinformation from the wait staff. Overall, the evening was enjoyable and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BriggsyDined on 12/4/2013We went for a romantic dinner before going to the theatre. The hotel was very nice and the service was great. We were placed in great seats and given menus to view. The selection was good and reasonably priced considering the establishment. The food was ordered and arrived very quickly and was really great. I would go there again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, The Brasserie waszonvtDined on 12/4/2013Overall, The Brasserie was a wonderful restaurant to meet for a business lunch. However, the room did get a bit loud after more tables filled up with other diners. The location is perfect, as it is very close to the tube station. The food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a lovely end to ourTheWrightDealDined on 6/4/2013This was a lovely end to our day in London, calm, friendly environment, excellent staff and service. We can't wait to book again. Had afternoon tea and then dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.