The Bull Furnace End
Birmingham, B46 2LGNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Bull Furnace End
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebullfurnaceend.co.uk/
- Phone: 01675481602
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Wine
A word from The Bull Furnace End
Welcome to our re-opened The Bull Furnace End!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Bull Furnace End reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since 4 June 2014
fit for foodies (4)romance (4)special occasions (3)outstanding value (2)business meals (1)child friendly (1)group bookings (1)sunday lunch (1)brunch (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- excellent value 50%off onfudgeDined on 18/11/2013excellent value 50%off on food bill, lovely meal really nice friendly staffSpecial Features:
- I booked a table for my engagementMissHironsDined on 25/10/2013I booked a table for my engagement meal. The food was amazing however the service was shocking. When I say service the waitresses were lovely but in a full restaurant, two waitresses was not sufficient. Our table was left for 35mins before ordering our meal. We sat down at 7:45 and did not finish our food until gone 10pm...most only had starter & main. Food was great though and saved my evening. I think if the food was poor we would have left.Special Features:
- Pity the waitluv2dineintimeDined on 12/10/2013We went for a meal with friends the food was brill. Just a pity we had to wait a long time, But the evening was enjoyed by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at the Bull and willJonnoDined on 12/10/20131st time at the Bull and will return again. Food was well presented and very tasty. Will try a lunch time on next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday night is Steak night!LorrainemDined on 9/10/2013A colleague and I dined here last week and both of us had steak - one rump and one fillet. Both were the best steaks we had eaten in a long time! So tasty and came with a glass of wine. The place is slightly in the middle of nowhere but worth the drive to get there. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit 3 times recentlyColeshillianDined on 5/10/2013We discovered the bull recently after someone we know recommended the owner as being a trustworthy source, the first time I went was a family meal, about 10 of us and we all equally thought the food was to much higher standards than most restaurants, let along a country pub, the second time again family but a different set, much fussier, still all really enjoyed their food. The third was me and my partner who is vegetarian, if I had one suggestion it would be more than one vegetarian main on the menu but she really enjoyed it (and she is hard to please) so thumbs up all round, that night was also someone's hen night so service look a little longer but the food was still bang on. My partner also commented on the cocktails being made properlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booking importantMandyDined on 3/9/2013Despite our visit being a Tuesday evening (not traditionally a busy night I would have thought) it was a good job we had booked as the place was fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked at the last minuteChilledOutDined on 31/8/2013Booked at the last minute and were made very welcome. Food and service all good and would certainly go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantBluenoseDined on 11/8/2013Had Sunday lunch there 11th August with my husband food lovely and staff very nice and welcoming. Love the new refurbish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedMikeCDined on 8/8/2013We were very pleasantly surprised when we entered this restaurant. The style is of a 'gasto-pub'/bistro, and the decor is lovely. Service was excellent, and the waitress was very welcoming and attentive. Everything on the menu sounded delicious, but eventually my friend and I decided to share a plate of scallops for a starter, which was absolutely scrumptious, and while she had the rump steak I had the duck for main meals. Both were cooked to perfection; the duck succulent and tender and the steak just melted in your mouth. We are already thinking of excuses to come here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night....MimiDined on 7/8/2013Excellent meal, lovely refurb of the bull. Service good to the point that the three waitresses took it in turns to constantly ask I we were ready to order 5 minutes after we sat down! Its a night out, time for relaxation. No pressure. Saying that they were all very pleasant and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steaksMeatEaterDined on 7/8/2013Food overall is good, steaks were great but there wasn't enough choice. My partner loves her veg so was disappointed when there wasn't an option to have any (other than cabbage).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for two.KarlosDined on 26/7/2013Well presented and lovely tasting food, only criticism two young girls serving the bar and food struggled a little as it wasn't even that busy but very pleasant and polite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LunchmarkjDined on 16/6/2013Great food and great value for money. Will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday LunchKazwDined on 3/3/2013We really enjoyed our Sunday lunch at the Bull - the food was delicious, staff really helpful and the atmosphere relaxedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantyd74Dined on 15/2/2013Comfortable atmosphere and nice food. Only draw back was the 2 mains for the price of 1 voucher downloaded that day was not accepted. Apparently the restaurant has requested the removal of the voucher but they need to ensure this is made clear on their own website or in the restaurant prior to people ordering their meals, as nowhere on the voucher does it state that it should be mentioned when booking or ordering. Otherwise a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- valentine mealCazamDined on 14/2/2013lovely food, posh grub at affordable prices, some nice extra touches for valentines day. The place is set out lovely, we did request a quiet table and seen a nice little nook we would have liked to sit but all in all we had a nice time and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Bull in Furnace endArley123Dined on 14/2/2013What a fantastic all round experience this was! Excellent food, ambiance, and service. Would highly recommend this restaurant to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would like to say that thisGazzaDined on 14/2/2013I would like to say that this must be the best place to eat within 15 miles radius of coleshill . The quality of food was superb service very friendly and would recomend to anyone but dont take my word for it try it yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but........EddyDined on 13/2/2013We have been many times and ALWAYS enjoyed the food. On this occaision it was excellent as usual but there were some slight disappointments. We were sat in the area by the wine rack and although the log fire was lit, it was still too cold (although it was a cold night outside). We are fussy about lighting and it was too bright where we were. We love a nice cosy, atmospheric and intimate setting and this position didn't do it for us. We prefer the larger room which is more dimly lit. We shall certainly visit again and have recommended it many times but we WILL ask for the other room next time we book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bullburton07Dined on 8/2/2013the food was brilliant tasted amazing would def go again.the place was pleasent and well decorated service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change on a SundayDonquixoteDined on 3/2/2013The service was great - friendly, attentive and efficient. The restaurant was very quiet, which was a good thing - nicely chilled and relaxing. The food was excellent - my roast beef Sunday lunch was a real treat - the beef was particularly succulent and cooked "just so".. - and the deal was very good. All a treat for me making a change from spending Sunday slaving over the stove!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were struck by the cleanBeanieDined on 11/1/2013We were struck by the clean lines and Bistro feel of the place. The barman was extremely helpful and attentive. It was an extremely relaxed atmosphere and not at all pretentious. The food was fabulous. My partner had the mussels as a starter which were tasty and I had the ham hock tagine which was nice but there was a lot of it for me. The main was gorgeous, beautifully presented and delicious. I really enjoyed my evening and would definitely recommend it, however, I think the service, although friendly needs to be tightened up a little. The waitresses were extremely friendly and happy to serve but the Bull would benefit from a little more attention to detail where the service is concerned. A great experience all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we went to steak night (wednesdays)johnmDined on 9/1/2013we went to steak night (wednesdays): very good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay, could have been betterTraceDined on 23/12/2012On arrival we had a warm welcome and was shown to our table quickly, our waitress was very nice and good with our seven year old son. The service during our meal was fine and the food was nice, we had the roast beef and the meat was very good. The atmosphere was good and I liked the decor too. When we was given our bill it blew off the table, I was disappointed when another waitress saw this but just walked over this bill on the floor without picking it up (she wasn't carrying anything to stop her doing this) the same waitress had walked over a knife which had been dropped, maybe it wasn't her table! It wont put me off going back I think you should always give places a second chance as it may have just been a bad day at the office :)Special Features:
- FantasticChopper7199Dined on 21/12/2012Such a find. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, food fantastic and service was excellamt. Will be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!DaniDined on 21/12/2012Food was excellent ambience was lovely just an overall really lovely place to go eat will def recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a small arealocalfoodieDined on 29/11/2012Good food in a small area book ahead ,good wine list ,staff were plesant ,good local Restaurant ,needs to be supportedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak nightcap06Dined on 14/11/2012Arrived for steak night but as no one was having wine decided to order off the main menu. We all still had steak and it was cooked to perfection. The service was poor, from taking order to food arriving on table took 3/4 hour. We all had a really good meal and the atmosphere was lively and friendly. Would go again and recommend it to friends. Hopefully the delay in service was a one off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did feel that the waitingBex05Dined on 9/11/2012I did feel that the waiting staff could have been a bit more attentive in relation to whether we needed more drinks etc. Twice we had to ask for another drink, and it was quite clear that we coming to the end of the drinks and this didn't appear to to picked up.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch 21st of OctoberBluenoseDined on 21/10/2012Had a lovely meal would recommend this restaurant to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an excellent adult family dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/10/2012The restaurant is cosy and kind of Bistro like. The menu was adequate and offered varied options. We had shared bread and oils to start, which was good....but not great. My daughter is vegetatian, she was disappointed with only one choice....which she enjoyed and was very good. Myfelf, my husband and my son had the steak main, which was very good, we all agreed. With ice cream to final. A very good meal, lovely food and presentation......the service let them sown. It was busy but not very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Saturday eveningJaneDined on 13/10/2012Have been to the Bull many times over the years under different ownership. As friends birthday treat thought I would book as partner & I had excellent Sunday lunch a few weeks previously. The four of us had table at 8pm which is a busy time but the service was excellent. The girls that served us could not have been more helpful. Two of us had the rump steak on recommendation from the waitress which was excellent. The others had, lamb cutlets & fish & chip. All meals were very good but the rump steak was the best I have had. Plenty of food therefore I considered good value for money. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Food, Lovely SurroundingsshazzaDined on 22/9/2012Excellant Food, Lovely Surroundings, Very friendly Staff. Love it here! Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak- shame about the wineDiveDeeperDined on 19/9/2012We chose the Wednesday night Steak night option of buy two steaks get a bottle of either house red or white. The steaks were brilliant, perfectly cooked, juicy, succulent and tender. Unfortunately both the house red and white were both undrinkable. We've been to the Bull many times and will continue to do so. We'll just stay away from the house wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bull - a great experience!KazwDined on 3/8/2012This was a family meal with visiting relatives, we all agreed the meal was outstanding and the service extremely good! The atmosphere was pleasant, we were not rushed with our meal, everything was just right and we would definetely recommend it to others. The only issue was that out or three toilets in the ladies, only one was working, which was a bit inconvenient. However, when we asked about it the staff did apologise for this - just hope they get them working fairly soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions and QualitydennyDined on 21/7/2012A friendly welcome. The menu offered a good variety of food. After choosing Sea Bass fillet i was very dissapointed to be presented with one small fillet, although very tasty the meal was very small for the price charged. My husband chose the Rib Eye, he did not think it was particulally good quality. Although a pleasant experience, we will not return.Special Features:
- Could do a bit betterLittletoeDined on 15/7/2012Attended for Sunday lunch. Sirloin of beef slices were a little tough, should have been melt in the mouth. Portion size could have been bigger. Swede in veg bowl should be ditched - totally tasteless. Staff were pleasant, nice ambience. Only downside was that the toilet in the ladies/baby change was very dirty, The Bull, you need to change your cleaners. Came for an evening meal in May and meal was really good, so brought along friends with us this time. Just a bit disappointed with the food this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night OutGoannaDined on 14/7/2012My boyfriend and I managed to book a last minute table at the Bull on Saturday. It was our first visit and what a treat it was! The Bull is a stylish and buzzing place perfect for group parties and special occasions. We ordered a ceasar salad and the homemade beefburger and both were excellent.Special Features: