The Butcher & Grill
39-41 Parkgate Road
London, SW11 4NPNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
The Butcher & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebutcherandgrill.com/
- Phone: 02079243565
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 8:30AM - 12:00PM, Lunch: Monday - Saturday 12:00PM - 3:30PM, Sunday 12:00PM - 4:00PM Dinner: Monday - Saturday 6:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Comfort Food, Steak
- Executive Chef: Robert Arnott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater for corporate and private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The Butcher and Grill is available for private hire.
- Private Party Contact: Helene 02079243999
A word from The Butcher & Grill
The Butcher & Grill is a unique combination of a Modern Butcher Shop, an informal Restaurant, serving all the produce from the shop, and a casual Bar serving coffee and patisserie in the morning, and soups, salads, pies and sandwiches throughout the day. "Celebrate your birthday at B&G and you eat for free" valid for food only and a minimum booking of six people, proof of birthday required such as a driving License or passport."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Butcher & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since 22 May 2014
sunday lunch (34)fit for foodies (34)brunch (32)child friendly (21)romance (19)special occasions (19)business meals (18)group bookings (17)outstanding value (13)outdoor eating (12)pre/post theatre (5)afternoon tea (4)good vegetarian options (4)disabled access (2)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceKLMhuntDined on 12/9/2014Amazing dinner! Incredible food and service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Really slow serviceScotboy88Dined on 8/9/2014The food is always great but it took 45 minutes for the sharing platter of cold meats to arrive. It was then a further 30 mins for 2 rare and 1 blue steak to arrive. Once on the table the good was extremely good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood gemsalgadorulesDined on 28/8/2014good steaks, attentive service and loads of deals like 50% on mondays....a favorite now for the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of meatJayBohDined on 22/8/2014A restaurant that does what it says on the tin. We ordered a 1kg rib steak on the bone (for two, according to the menu), and although the waiter told us he can eat the whole thing himself, it was enough for three, as we'd suspected it would be. The fourth person in our group went for a pork chop instead, and we were all very satisfied with the quality. There's nothing really that makes this restaurant stand out, in my view, but if you're in Battersea, and you want good quality steaks and other meat dishes in a relaxed environment at a reasonable price, it's a good option.
- SuperbMunchkinDined on 15/8/2014Walking via the front butchers area to reach the restaurant you have a fine view of the fabulous meat available on the menu. Food was delicious and service with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it allGeauxtigerDined on 12/8/2014Came for dinner and enjoyed every moment. The starter of tomato and buffalo cheese was wonderful. Followed by a strip sirloin that was cooked to perfection and as tender as could be. The sides of mushroom and greenbeans were cooked well and very tasty. For dessert, sticky pudding and the fruit tart topped things off. The ambiance of the restaurant was really a lot of fun and different. The value was exceptional. We had a great time overall. Its not overly formal or fancy, but well worth the visitSpecial Features:
- nickDined on 12/8/2014Sirloin steak was great and so were few of the other meaty options we tried in our group. Nice location. Value for money is ok, although not the cheapest place I have ever been for a steak. Will definitely go back
- Brunch needs some workMalachiVIPDined on 10/8/2014Brunch is not as good as lunch or dinner here. The service can be a bit hit and miss as can the quality of the foodSpecial Features:
- ExcellentPaul1VIPDined on 29/7/2014Really fabulous restaurant with sensational meats. Great atmosphere. Relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love1londonDined on 26/7/2014Unique and quirky environment - excellent produce in the shop and outstanding food served up in the back restaurant - nice staff - place on your must dine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal on Monday nights!LondonDinerDined on 7/7/2014The steaks are 50% off on Monday nights which make them a great deal. This is our second time here. Steaks were perfectly cooked to our liking and staff are very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place. FannyI would recommend this to a friend.
- B & GJvipDined on 5/7/2014Very good food (steaks) good value, nice smallish place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For CarnivoresjayfreemanDined on 2/7/2014Its all about meat. I love the lamb burger. The dinasaur ribs looked good at the next table. Serivice is a big slow but the staff is friendly.Special Features:
- Lovely mealSadieDined on 15/6/2014Had lunch here for Fathers Day, great food with lovely cocktails. Very child friendly and easy walk to Battersea park. I would definitely come again!Special Features:
- Very tasty!SJRLondonDined on 14/6/2014I've been to the Butcher & Grill a few times and am never disappointed. The food is delicious - well cooked and unfussy. Excellent service from our waiter.Special Features:
- Top steak great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/5/2014Went on a 'date night' for something a bit different. Presentation of the restaurant was excellent and really enjoyed the layout with the butchery / grocery in the front and the restaurant at the back. Staff were very knowledgable on the wine and food. Really enjoyed it, very good experience and would happily go again.Special Features:
- RIBSBjk1903Dined on 3/5/2014Everybody should try dinosaur ribs. Friendly enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect brunch settinggemstarDined on 3/5/2014This is the perfect place for brunch, service, quality of food and menu options are exactly what's needed for that weekend morning hunger. Would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday RoastlexilaurenDined on 20/4/2014Had an excellent lamb Sunday roast here on Easter Sunday. All our meals came within 15 minutes of ordering and were really hot! Only thing was that when we arrived for a 12.45 booking we were told they only had 8 portions of lamb left! This was fine for us because we were there early and managed to get them however if I'd have booked for any later they would probably have run out and I would have been really disappointed. I know it's usual to run out of meat later in the day but seemed quite early and particularly on Easter Sunday when most people want a lamb roast! Apart from that it was spot on!Special Features:
- Generally very good, but service...batterseafoodieDined on 6/4/2014... was poor this time around. As the name suggests, the beef and all things butcher related are very good. Generally, so is the service with some great and efficient servers. There was some disarray on this particular Sunday, though. Maybe there were some new staff or the Maitre was new, but we were covered by 5 different servers over the course of the meal and things took far too long. We will certainly be going back as I expect it was a blip. Generally a great morning or afternoon out.Special Features:
- I've been buying my meat fromTatsDined on 5/4/2014I've been buying my meat from the butcher counter at B&G for years. Their meat is second to none. Over the years I never thought to eat there. The other night my husband and I went and were blown sideways by the food. I had the scallops with squid ink risotto to start. Not fishy, the scallops I could cut with a fork. My husbands quail was outstanding. Our mains were equally good. My lamb chops were cooked to perfection and my husbands duck dish blew his mind. Only point he made was that the lentils it came with were a bit meagre. The service wasn't brilliant. We waited a little longer than normal to have our order taken and plates taken away, however we didn't mind. £75 for our meal, but great quality meat. You get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!!LynseyDined on 4/4/2014Forget gaucho, hawksmore and the other chain restaurants, the steaks here are to die for! Best in town, great service, great location and you can have them as big as you like!! Will definitely be coming again. Thanks for a great night xxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day MealPeterSoftwareDined on 30/3/2014Thank you for such a great roast. This was a great way to spend Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meat so farluser59Dined on 24/3/2014I'm sure this meat will convince any vegetarian to change his mine. Just taste it and you'll know why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualvinceDined on 24/3/2014Monday night is a very good value for money with a 50% on steak. The foie gras was very little but tasty and the steak the best as usual. Very charming and professional waiter (Nick), he's a seller, bravo to him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect breakfast spotgemstarDined on 23/3/2014I woke up Sunday morning feeling very very hungry and quite lazy, this place was just what I needed I had the full English with poached eggs and I came out full without that sickly greasy feeling some fryups give you. The staff are friendly, the environment relaxed and friendly and I even asked the butchers in the front shop for some bones for my dog! A great local treat!Special Features:
- Great as usualLuisDined on 17/3/2014Great food and value for money, friendly service and beautiful ambience! Will go back again!Special Features:
- strongly recommendedgjgjVIPDined on 22/2/2014My son (30) and I stop annually at The Butcher & Grill en route to a Six Nations match at Twickenham (we are otherwise never in Battersea). Two ribeye steaks were absolutely superb - both the provenance and the preparation. Service was welcoming, friendly and professional. Very lively ambience with lots of small children wandering around - a happy family atmosphere. A queue in the loo for nappy changing facilities. England 13 Ireland 10. A great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15th FebAnonDined on 15/2/2014Great food and friendly service. 3rd time I've been and not had a bad experience yetSpecial Features:
- Valentines MealLondon2NorwichDined on 14/2/2014After using the Wimbledon branch of this restaurant which has now sadly disappeared, I decided to try out the Battersea branch with my girlfriend as a bit of a romantic throwback. A very unique place where you truly go for the great meat, this is one of my favourite restaurants due to the abillity to use fresh ingredients and meat from the instore butcher. Service was excellent, we had a great meal thank you.Special Features:
- Great Place to Go With ChildrenChelseamomVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had lunch with a friend and her two young children at The Butcher & Grill on Saturday. This was the perfect choice as the atmosphere is nice, the food is very good and arrived quickly and the staff are very helpful. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchAlMaVIPDined on 1/2/2014We often come here for weekend brunch - and again didn't disappoint! Great fryup! And good options for the toddlers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly and nice fooddinersDined on 24/1/2014We got welcomed with some bubbly for my partner's b'day which was a nice surprise and generally staff is very friendly and helpful. scallop risotto was delicious. found piece of plastic in chocolate fondant but they were apologetic and brought a new one. would recommend them!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shame about the dogs!DashydinerDined on 18/1/2014Arriving early, we were offered a table on the shop level. This is a colder part of the restaurant as you're by the kitchen doors & not so buzzy. It would have been ok had it not been for the fact the couple next to us had 2 Labrador dogs. Don't get me wrong I have a dog & am a dog lover however, apart from one of the dogs whipping me with his tail constantly, when the bread was placed on the side of our table decided to lick it before we had a chance to move it from what was a silly place by the waitress to place it, just under the dogs beady eye. As the dog owners had no interest in pulling the dogs away we were moved upstairs which is a far nicer part of the restaurant to be in. Rest of the evening was fine & service fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely meal on themoltonbrown1Dined on 10/1/2014We had a lovely meal on the 10th January - my Mum's 82nd birthday. The staff are so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Mum felt thoroughly spoilt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but not greattheloudpedalDined on 7/1/2014In my search for London's best burger this one fell short. The meat was great although for a medium rare mine was a little over cooked,it was the bun that was the let down being dry and uninspiring, I've had better for less in more central locations. That said the service was very professional and almost faultless and those in our party who had steak were very happy with the meat quality. Top tip would be to go on a Monday when steak is half price!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value and delicious foodGratefulGrazerDined on 14/12/2013If you ask me, the steaks at Butcher and Grill definitely rival those at Hawkesmoor and are much better value. Lovely ambiance - can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakabelliottDined on 12/12/2013Great steak as expected, but also surprisingly good non-beef options. The burrata/polenta starter was excellent, and the sides were very good. Wine selection was above average, and the atmosphere was laid-back and informal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away little gemHaylesDined on 16/11/2013Had a lovely Friday night meal here. Great food, wonderful menu, great friendly service and nice decor. I'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!VornaDined on 15/11/2013Excellent meal - steak was fantastic! Really good value for money and generous portions. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.