The Case Restaurant with Rooms
Suffolk, CO10 5LDNeighbourhood:
EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
The Case Restaurant with Rooms
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecaserestaurantwithrooms.co.uk/
- Phone: 01787210483
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Tuesday: 6:30pm - 9pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 12pm - 2pm, 6:30pm - 9pm
Sunday: 12pm - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from The Case Restaurant with Rooms
The Kappes family took over The Case in 1986, when it was just a quiet Suffolk country establishment. It’s come a long way since then – the completely refurbished Sudbury gem is now a lovely and modern restaurant with rooms, and a perfect base from which to explore the listed buildings, gardens and museums in the area. The beamed dining room, with its exposed brick walls, has an open and airy feel, and the high-backed leather chairs are wonderfully comfortable. Friendly staff will ensure you feel at home, while enjoying the beautiful view and indulging in classic European cuisine. Wherever possible, food here is made with top notch local produce; expect to see dishes like beef Wellington or chicken cassoulet with root vegetables on the menu. The daily specials and fresh homemade bread are well worth ordering, and there’s also a keenly priced set menu for Sunday lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Case Restaurant with Rooms - Best restaurants in Sudbury ›
The Case Restaurant with Rooms reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since 23 May 2014
special occasions (3)romance (2)outstanding value (2)business meals (2)sunday lunch (2)afternoon tea (1)group bookings (1)outdoor eating (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- FaultlessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/7/2014I have eaten in many restaurants, all over the world, for work and for pleasure - and even did the PR for a TV chef in a former life :-) I have driven past the Case Restaurant with Rooms many times on my travels and never quite gotten around to booking a table there. I finally got around to booking a table last week, and I am not sure I ever experienced such a lovely all round dining experience. Partly due to the company I was in, partly due to the most delicious food (and such a fantastic choice), and partly due to the fantastic reception and warm welcome we received from Linda and Barry. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Case Restaurant with Rooms to anyone - whether staying, dining or both. And such fantastic value too.Special Features:
- Great family businessUnionjackDined on 25/4/2014A very friendly family run place. They take pride in their work and aim to please. The portions are very hearty, the menu varied and well delivered. The wine list is reasonable and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Great foodRCEMDined on 14/3/2014We had a fantastic meal. My wife said the steak was the best she had ever tasted. Thanks so much.Special Features:
- The following 253 reviews are from the The Case Restaurant with Rooms reviews archive.
- Great Value, Great FoodluvtoeatDined on 31/8/2012We were visiting Lavenham and were looking for a good restaurant nearby. Fortunately we found The Case and got a great deal with accommodation. The food was first class and all the staff were great. Breakfast wasn't included but the place was so nice we couldn't resist. Beautifully cooked full english, freshly squeezed orange juice and lots of lovely thick toast all served in the relaxing conservatory. All in all a great experience. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A chance booking with friendsidlehamletDined on 18/8/2012A chance booking with friends which turned out to be the best booking for a long time, we would certainly be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD SPOT ON - AGAINTheatredinerDined on 8/8/2012My wife and my third visit, and I really don't know of anywhere for miles around where you can get a topnotch meal, and a nice room for the night at such a modest price as the Toptable deal. Barry's cooking is always reliably refined, utilising top quality, locally sourced ingredients and is imaginative but stays well the right side of fussy. Can't recommend highly enough, for lunch or dinner, with or without an overnight stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The CaseBarrymoresPoolPartiesDined on 28/7/2012Very good food matched with vey good service. The homemade bread is definitely something you must sample!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureBennetbabeDined on 18/5/2012Another wonderful evening at The Case with the lovely hosts, Linda & Barry. Unbeatable value, can't wait for our next booking in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great stay at ThePJR27Dined on 5/5/2012Another great stay at The case! Can't wait for our next visit
- Food absolutely fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2012Food absolutely fantastic as usual. the meal and accomodation deal is unbeatable.
- We visisted The Case RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 28/4/2012We visisted The Case Restaurant with Rooms for our anniversary. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. The menu contained a good selection of food with a comprehensive fish specials board. Our meal was excellent served up in an intimate environment. Accomodation was well appointed, comfortable with a selection of tea, coffee and nibbles. The room provided a very relaxing atmosphere. Breakfast was superb, the best fried bread I have tasted! I thoroughly recommend a visit.
- Outstandingmonalove2000Dined on 21/4/2012I would highly recommend the Case Restaurant with Rooms. The service is fantastic, the food tip top, and the rooms are very comfortable. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Case Restaurant with RoomsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/4/2012The Case Restaurant with Rooms was a delightful surprise. Wonderfully attentive hosts, great food, and very well equipped, clean rooms. We got a deal with £50 each, and a room for the night for free. So, £100 for a really decent 3-course meal and a room for the night: We couldn't ask for more.
- we had a lovely time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 14/4/2012we had a lovely time at the The Case in asisington, staff are very friendly, could not do more for us, food was lovely, designed beautifully and very filling! Had a lovely experience and will be going again.
- Always a pleasure coming toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 31/3/2012Always a pleasure coming to Sudbury and staying at The Case Rooms, Barry and Linda are such lovely hosts. Rooms immaculate and even got upgraded. Dinner was delious, I had the lamb, really tender and my husband had the fish, the batter was so light and crispy. Will be returning with friends in the Summer. Mrs V.Cornwell
- The Case Restaurant, in Assington,PJEfoodieDined on 23/3/2012The Case Restaurant, in Assington, is a fabulous family run restaurant. Staff are polite, friendly and really make you feel at ease. The food is good. My mini beef Wellington starter was superb and the wifes Salmon croquets were lovely. The pork and steak mains were tasty and I like the fact they have daily fish specials. The homemade ice creams were delightful, especially the marzipan flavour! Rooms are clean, with everything you need, so no need to drive!. I'd also recommend the breakfast.
- Thank you Toptable for alertingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2012Thank you Toptable for alerting me to this little gem. Friday night looming after a Long tiring week and what better than a short drive into Suffolk for a relaxing Meal and a comfortable nights sleep? The mini beef Wellington was delicious and the The chicken and harm terrine deep of flavour. Has to be fish and chips on a Friday. Crispy batter, crispier chips and a tasty salad. Puddings sumptuous. Reasonably Priced wine list and knowledgable staff. The room/meal deal was a great bonus But the food is worth the trip. The room was very well equipped with lots of lovely Little touches. The owners were some of the nicest and welcoming people it has Been my pleasure to meet. We shall return.
- Dinner was part of a dealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Dinner was part of a deal so, in all, was reasonable value. Our meals had the potential to be very good, however there were a few small things that let it down on this occasion. Good selection of reasonably priced wines. The rooms were very good indeed - spotlessly clean with a great deal of attention to detail. Free wi-fi and very well appointed. We were well looked after and made to feel welcome throughout.
- We booked the evening mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2012We booked the evening meal with overnight stay deal for £49.95. The resturant's ratings meant we were anticipating a great meal and were not at all disappointed. The food was tasty and well-cooked, portions were good and the choice was decent. Service was excellent. However, the bed was uncomfortable and breakfast did not reach the standard of dinner, e.g. burnt sausage and over-cooked black pudding (it only needs warming!). PS: note that the "deal" does not include breakfast.
- The Case was smart but iniheartfoodDined on 25/2/2012The Case was smart but in my opinion did not quite achieve the fine dining feel they were going for. Having said that the food was lovely & I particularly enjoyed the innovative ice cream flavours! Overall it was probably a little overpriced.
- We had a lovely break at forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 25/2/2012We had a lovely break at for my partner's birthday at The Case Restaurant with Rooms, Sudbury. The food and service was excellent. We had breakfast too which was very tasty. We upgraded to one of the premium rooms called Terracotta which was very nice except that the mattress was not the best and had seen better days. Because of this my partner had a very poor nights sleep. I did mention this and I was told by the manager that she would pass my comments to Linda the owner. We will be back.
- The Case Rooms at AssingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/2/2012The Case Rooms at Assington is a fabulous place to go and eat and stay. Firstly it is the hospitality of Linda and Barry that makes it worth visiting, nothing is too much trouble. My boyfriend and I were upgraded so that was a lovely suprise, the rooms are clean and fresh with all the neccesities + more. The food and presentation is excellent and the staff are warm and friendly. I cannot fault it or praise Linda and Barry enough. I hope to retun again soon.xx
- The Case lives up to it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 18/2/2012The Case lives up to it's hidden gems status. Unbelievably good value with the offer but would be just as good value at full price. The whole experience from the rooms to the restaurant has a very personal touch that makes you feel extremely welcome and comfortable straightaway. I could not recommend the Case enough for couples looking to get away for a lovely meal in a secluded spot. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay an absolute delight. Can't wait to get back to see you all soon
- Another fabulous time at thePJR27Dined on 16/2/2012Another fabulous time at the case. Service, room and food excellent. The service and food were superb we felt as though we had the place to ourselves. Defiantly would recommend another 10 out of 10 from us. Can't wait for our next Stay
- Fantastic value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2012Fantastic value for money and highly recommended. Either a quiet meal for two or a larger party of six or seven couples would thoroughly enjoy The Case Rooms. The menu had plenty of choice and the food was superb. As was the service and friendly welcome revived.
- The Case was quite a find.FCAhoundVIPDined on 27/1/2012The Case was quite a find. An imaginative, top quality menu, superlative friendly service (it shows that it's family run) and excelent facilities met a tremendous special offer (two a la carte dinners and a room for the niht for £100. The perfect base for exploring beautiful local areas like Sudbury, Bury and Lavenham. We will be back.
- Our first visit, definatelyTazmanDined on 25/1/2012Our first visit, definately not the last, to the Case Restaurant with Rooms at Assington, was a success. The offer was excellent value for money. Linda and her young staff made us extremely welcome. Our room was very comfortable, an attractive bathroom and comfortable bed. Tea, coffee etc facilities in the room with real milk! Our meal was delightful, extremely fresh and tasty, good portions. It was a pleasure to meet Barry the chef in the bar afterwards. Breakfast varied and again tasty.
- This was our 2nd visit toNB29Dined on 21/1/2012This was our 2nd visit to The Case Restaurant in Assington. As before we were warmly greeted by Linda. Our room was clean and cosy whilst the dinner was superb. Starters were beef wellington and fish cakes and we both had the lamb as mains. This was truly the most tender and juicy lamb we've ever had. We decided to indulge in the assiete of desserts which again did not disappoint! We also had breakfast there. Warm friendly service and great food- that sums up The Case...we'll be back...again !
- The Case Restaurant with Rooms,JenniferFDined on 21/1/2012The Case Restaurant with Rooms, Assington We received a v warm welcome and were told we'd been allocated a premier room - this was a lovely room and came with a Jacuzzi bath and a private patio, the bed was v comfy! We were sat in the bar area with a drink before dinner and were given a menu to browse. The seats we were given in the restaurant felt private and relaxing. The food was delicious & the service excellent. Breakfast was lovely too. Such a lovely place, well run - wld recommend!!
- There were just 3 of us atchloesnanna53Dined on 20/1/2012There were just 3 of us at The Case on Friday night so it was like having our own private dinner party. Linda looked after us attentively and Barry's food was divine, even more so for our friend who had her own vegetarian menu - an unheard of luxury for her to have a choice. And the breakfast on Saturday morning? - both different and delicious, we didn't need to eat again until late in the evening. This was our 3rd stay and won't be our last.
- This was indeed a superb surpriseyummy1mummyDined on 14/1/2012This was indeed a superb surprise - everything exceeded our expectations and more. Linda, the owner, makes you feel very welcome and the food was as good as any London restaurant of note. All the products are made on the premises, including the bread. Can't recommend it enough.
- We visited The Case in Assington.nottessDined on 26/11/2011We visited The Case in Assington. Room well appointed but tiny and the bed very uncomfortable. We booked a table for 18.30 but were made to wait until 19.15 in the bar for our food. Though well cooked, the food was dull and unimaginative. Starters were OK, but my scallops were so salty I couldn't eat them.I complained but was not offered an alternative, nor was a deduction made to my bill. My partners duck was dry. Desserts poor. In no way does The Case live up to the glowing reviews on TT.
- 3rd visit and will be goingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 25/11/20113rd visit and will be going back again. Food was outstanding again, with everything home made including about a dozen flavoured ice-creams. Steak cooked to perfection. Modren accomodation which is comfortable and clean with all the things you would expect from a quality establishment. Can't wait for our next visit.
- As always the service at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 19/11/2011As always the service at The Case Resturant with Rooms, Assington was exceptional & exemplary & the food mouth-watering & out of this world. Linda, Brian & their team always make you feel so welcome & with such a warm, cosy, homely feel to the venue/surraounding. The Premier room we stayed in was spacious, clean, modern and very comfortable and the facilities were superb - every little detail accounted for, and breakfast was reasonable and delicious! Highly recommended FANTASTIC value for money
- The Case Restaurant with roomsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2011The Case Restaurant with rooms was an excellent choice. We were so glad we changed our minds from Sunday lunch to dinner and an overnight stay in one of the charming but well-appointed rooms. Dinner was excellent with attentive service as was breakfast. We had the feeling that nothing would be too much trouble and intend to return for a longer stay in the not too distant future.certainly a "hidden gem".
- We had dinner and stayed atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 29/10/2011We had dinner and stayed at The Case on a Saturday night at the end of October. The experience was excellent from the moment we arrived until we left on Sunday morning. What a lovely and relaxed combination. It is obvious that the owners and staff really care about their business and guests. We will definately be back, hopefully with friends.
- This is a jewel, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 15/10/2011This is a jewel, the food is tempting, original and delicious, the welcome like going home! And, best of all when you have enjoyed your wonderful meal you can slip off to your cosy immaculate room for a comfortable night with a great Suffolk breakfast to look forward to next morning. We make this a regular treat, fantastic value for money, we will be back soon!
- This was an excellent eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2011This was an excellent evening at The Case Restaurant in Assington with exceptionally good food in a charmingly eccentric family-run restaurant. The hostess was generous with her welcome and very friendly, making everyone feel completely at home. The menu was imaginative and very well cooked, the star of which was the mini Beef Wellington starter. The other starter (whitebait) was almost as good. The venison steak and salmon with lasagne mains were excellent too. We highly recommend it.
- The Case Restaurant with Roomsluckydog88Dined on 21/9/2011The Case Restaurant with Rooms is a little hidden gem. Lovely rooms. All newly refurbished. The dinner was really nice, locally sourced produce, cooked with care. Service was unbeatable. Would really recommend a visit! Will be back again, hopefully soon!!
- My husband and I never usuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/9/2011My husband and I never usually bother to rate anything on Toptable, but in this instance it would be unfair not to comment. We enjoyed every minute of this experience at Case Restuarant with Rooms, Sudbury, from the friendliness of the staff, the wonderful food and selection of wines, to immaculate and pretty chalet style rooms. We would definitely visit again. Amazing value with the TT £49.50 3 courses and 1 night's accommodation deal.