The Cinnamon Club
The Old Westminster Library, 30-32 Great Smith Street
London, SW1P 3BUNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £41 and over
The Cinnamon Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cinnamonclub.com/
- Phone: 02072222555x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 9:30am;
Brunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vivek Singh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: We look forward to catering for your party and we can offer a fantastic selection of canapés or dining experience if you have a full-fledged kitchen.
A word from The Cinnamon Club
The multiple award-winning Cinnamon Club in St James’ is like no other Indian restaurant you’ve visited. Set in the former Old Westminster Library – a Grade II listed building still with books lining the walls - it has a grandeur and character that perfectly compliments its outstanding food. The team of 18 chefs, headed up by Vivek Singh, have a creative approach and a distinctive knack of layering flavours with stunning presentation. The imaginative lunch and dinner menus change seasonally. Pre and post-theatre menus are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Cinnamon Club - Best restaurants in St. James's ›
The Cinnamon Club reviews from OpenTable diners
979 reviews since 20 May 2014
special occasions (554)business meals (523)fit for foodies (450)romance (246)good vegetarian options (238)pre/post theatre (146)group bookings (144)outstanding value (70)brunch (47)sunday lunch (46)child friendly (17)afternoon tea (14)disabled access (4)outdoor eating (4)Show More
- Great Food with Minimal Fuss.Petemach24Dined on 15/9/2014Great taste, Quality and flavours to savour, remember and bring you back for more. Portions were perfect. The restaurant was and service staff were struggling to cope. The bar in the basement whilst waiting for the tables as a poor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal !!!!TmaxDined on 13/9/2014Just got back from an evening out with my wife and daughter at Cinnamon Club. Very busy !!! Relaxed atmosphere which we enjoy for a Saturday evening. Food really was excellent - service nice and relaxed - Wine list extensive :) We all had the set Summer menu - which was great. But I'm sure all the dishes would have been equally good. The food is quite hot though - but not silly hot Had a lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Pre-Theater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014My parents were visiting from the States, and I wanted to take them to a nice Indian place. The food was incredible and very accessible / delicious to any palate. The ambience of the restaurant was amazing in the Old Westminster Library. Great location near Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. We had a great easy meal before going over to the theater. Service was nice, but we did have to wait a bit after 6PM for the restaurant to open. A little pricey, but definitely worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantMattmanDined on 8/9/2014We have an excellent evening. The food and the service were quite good. The setting is very classic and comfortable.Special Features:
- Excellent food, superb service1yrdinnerDined on 6/9/2014We booked to celebrate my husband's birthday. The service was very good and the food was excellent. We had not been there for two years and returning reminded us of how good it really is. We also had a welcome drink on the restaurant to mark the occasion which I thought was a lovely touch. The only thing I would suggest is a fuller description of the dish eg one of our dishes came with rice, we did not know and ended up ordering additional rice which we did not in fact eat. Looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavoursomeWhoolieDined on 6/9/2014although the food descriptions and presentations were not typically indian, the depth of flavours and tastes was most definitely authentically indian. A real treat to anyone who has been to india and seeks real indian spice back in the UK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for brief London stayVisitingAmericanDined on 6/9/2014My wife and I had less than 24 hours to spend in London. We had dinner at The Cinnamon Club following theatre. The restaurant's menu selections offer good variety, helpful explanations and, I think, good value. The food did not disappoint in any respect. All courses -- appetizers, main dish, sides and deserts -- were interesting with bold flavors and stylish presentation. My wife forgot her reading glasses and the wait staff graciously helped her out with a selection of a dozen of more "spare" glasses that I can only assume previous diners must have left behind. Prompt and attentive service, but an unhurried pace and a calming atmosphere. Recommend to others and would myself return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2014We visited on a deal with Red Rose cocktail. The choice was good on the set menu and we were full with 2 courses. Our special requests were catered to and the staff very attentive. Beware the drinks prices. £10.50 for a pre-dinner G&T. (But a delicious one and beautifully delivered).Special Features:
- Good valuebocaDined on 5/9/2014Good value set meal. Cocktails, as expected, were expensive.Special Features:
- Not your average curry!nicola0409Dined on 5/9/2014I was looking forward to my visit to the Cinnamon Club, having visited the Kitchen a while back. The starters were less interesting than the mains, and my scallops were heading towards overdone. My lamb main was very tender, and the spicing was lovely, although not very 'lamby'. We shared two desserts, lemon tart was disappointing with a soggy bottom of pastry, the carrot cake was better. We had to chase up the lentil side dish. Overall I think I was expecting a bit more...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service; mediocre foodJT2110Dined on 5/9/2014I have visited this restaurant twice before for dinner and enjoyed myself on both visits. On this occasion we chose the special offer that was advertised when booking the table. Although this appeared on paper to be good value, the food, especially the chargrilled chicken, was distressingly mediocre and the worst I have experienced in a top-end restaurant in a while. The cocktails were better, and we ordered several. We were asked patronisingly by two different waiters if it was a special occasion (it wasn't), I had to ask for the desert course and additional drinks twice, and glacial pace with which the food was served made us think we'd been forgotten. Perhaps we made the mistake of being black and booking the offer.
- Very disappointing on this occasionARNLondonVIPDined on 5/9/2014From a food perspective (rather than ambience) CC has been my favorite central London Indian restaurant for some time. This meal however was disappointing. The meat (Venison) was overcooked and the side dishes (which are charged separately) were surprisingly bland. Service was fine. I really hope it was just an off day.
- DeliciousSarahDined on 3/9/2014I took my parents for dnner and we had a lovely evening. The food was delicious and the wine was complementing. The service was friendly and our waiter fancied himself as a comedian which was also entertaining.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2014Everything was fine. Just not very middle of the road. Expensive for standard food in nice surroundings.
- On my "Top 10" ListHungryTigerDined on 1/9/2014This was our first visit to the Cinnamon Club and we chose the tasting menu with the premier wine pairings. Based on the recommendation of this restaurant from a very discerning business colleague, we expected a fine dining experience. Our high expectations were met. At the conclusion of our evening, my wife and I agreed that our dinner at the Cinnamon Club would go on our "Top 10" list of most memorable dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cinnamon clubbirdyVIPDined on 30/8/2014Really surprised at how good this was. Beautiful food, understated elegant dining room and knowledgable staff. A lovely night that would only be improved by better air con.Special Features:
- Tasteless mediocre foodSteveVIPDined on 30/8/2014Highly disappointing, although a relaxing and convivial venue. Starters - scallops were good but crab overwhelmed by the accompaniments. Mains - Nepalese stir fired vegetables were dry and tasteless, the promised salad accompaniment more of a garnish and also tasteless and the noodles were simply a pile of dry cardboard. Pork vindaloo also dry and uninspiring. Bread basket contained a mix of breads but they tasted like shop bought and were lukewarm. The waiter did ask our opinion and we said it was mediocre. He said he would speak to the chief but then avoided us, so we paid and left.
- Perfectkin001Dined on 29/8/2014Still my favourite restaurant in London, not just Indian, but all restaurants. It's expensive but worth for a special occasion or on a deal.Special Features:
- A cornucopia of flavoursBigCaperDined on 29/8/2014Our lunch at the Cinnamon Club in Westminster was an impromptu choice that turned out to be spot on. We settled on the set lunch which represents great value. The starter was well presented, in a satisfying portion to accompany the lovely French wine we had with the meal. The service was balanced so we never felt rushed or harassed. The dining room is large so it doesn't have the most intimate feel, but would easily suit a business lunch. The main course was equally nice and we followed on with desert and coffee. The aspect we enjoyed most was wonderfully balanced flavours in the food. The spiciness never felt overbearing. It added to the experience. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchAgricfowlDined on 29/8/2014Went with my wife for the afternoon set menu. Enjoyed the food, especially the spiced cocktail we were served by our very attentive waiter. Have visited twice before and will continue because the food and the service are both excellent.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere - attentive staffEarwigDined on 28/8/2014A small group of us celebrated a birthday here a few evenings ago and had a great time. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The food was great and the atmosphere perfect. It's a little gem of a place within walking distance of Westminster station but off the tourist route so has a genuine feel about it. Extensive wine list includes English sparkling. Expect to pay around £80-£100 for 3 courses including wine.Special Features:
- Dining with FriendsMorlyDined on 28/8/2014Having dined at the Cinnamon Club on several occasions, I had no hesitation in recommending it as an excellent venue for a meal and general catch-up with friends. Therefore it was very disappointing and embarrassing to receive such poor service on this recent visit, even though the food was still reasonably good. From serving the wrong wine to delivering side dishes at the end of the meal, the overall service and presentation was very shabby. I will not be using this restaurant again.
- Annie hAnniehDined on 28/8/2014We loved it in no way disappointing . As a cook who loves Indian food it took it to another dimension. Michelin star I hope for you soon.Special Features:
- always a good experincesatinlondonVIPDined on 28/8/2014breakfast, lunch or dinner. This time it was breakfast and the omelette was excellent.Special Features:
- always goodnicefoodDined on 27/8/2014Went back to The Cinnamon Club after a few years and the experience was better than ever. Excellent opentable special offer, amazing value, great service and outstading food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Taster Menu at the Cinnamon ClubRonnieDined on 23/8/2014Taster menu was amazing! Intense depth of flavour to each dish. Accompanied by Premier wines to make the meal perfect.Special Features:
- CLHJCLHJDined on 22/8/2014An excellent choice for a special occasion because of ambience, service and good food. It is expensive with drinks but the short menu is very good value when available.Special Features:
- Experience worth RepeatingDinerJoyDined on 22/8/2014This was my fourth time of dining here and it does not disappoint. Service is outstanding, the staff always polite and welcoming, especially the waiters. The food is delicious. The ambience is conducive to a relaxing and enjoyable evening. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but good breakfast menuNicholaVDined on 21/8/2014I visited with a group of eight people. We were well accommodated for, with plentiful tea, coffee and orange juice. The breakfast menu has shrunk in size though, which is disappointing as there was lots of good stuff on there. Unfortunately the online version of the menu hadn't been updated so a few people were left disappointed. The food that was ordered was lovely though.Special Features:
- Nothing special!goodfoodVIPDined on 20/8/2014Overpriced and there are so many wonderful great Indian restaurants in London this is not one them!
- DisappointingHelenDined on 20/8/2014Great setting but unfortunately the food did not match. We had the set menu which may be considerably cheaper but would still expect better. Lamb starter was good, coley main course was quite bland and dessert of pistachio and coriander cake was the driest thing I've eaten in a long time. I had a few bites and gave up - waiter took away plate without even asking if it was ok which doesn't scream of great service.
- Cinnamontastik!ChuckmeisterDined on 20/8/2014Excellent service, atmosphere and the cuisine is extremely well developed, presented and unique. A must if you are in Westminster!Special Features:
- Very good value lunchAndyFDined on 19/8/2014We had the set price lunch which was excellent. The food was interesting and had great flavour and the service was unobtrusive but vey efficient. I would recommend the Cinammon Club for lunch and also (from previous experience) breakfast.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeLindyDined on 18/8/2014Myself and my husband had a wonderful time. We booked a set menu meal with a cocktail. We had three courses all of which were very nice. My main was the Beef which was lovely and tender and melted in the mouth. My husband had the coley which was flaky and cooked to perfection. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a romantic evening in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with colleaguesCricket8Dined on 18/8/2014One of my many visits to the Cinnamon club. This time with 2 colleagues. We were given a discrete table as requested. Had the £24 2- course lunch with cocktail. Ordered a lovely bottle of Chilean white as well. Between us we had lamb, beef and fish- all from the set menu and all very good. We ordered sides of parathas and chutney- you pay extra for chutney and this on its own cost over a tenner! Great food though. Bill with tip was in the region of £120Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinnamon Club WestminsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Great service; lovely food; lovely blend of good ingredients and indian spices; very pleased to have found this restruantSpecial Features:
- Last minute bookingMonkeyDined on 16/8/2014We had been up in town for the day and made this booking an hour before, very good choice food and staff greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealMeganJohn25Dined on 16/8/2014Wonderful Indian cuisine, set menu is amazing value for money, will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodalphaptarmiganDined on 15/8/2014The food was really interesting and full of flavourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningSusieQDined on 14/8/2014My friend and I took advantage of the early evening set price menu with a cocktail. Service attentive and food delicious. Do try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.