The Cinnamon Club
The Old Westminster Library, 30-32 Great Smith Street
London, SW1P 3BUNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £41 and over
The Cinnamon Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cinnamonclub.com/
- Phone: 02072222555x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 9:30am;
Brunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vivek Singh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: We look forward to catering for your party and we can offer a fantastic selection of canapés or dining experience if you have a full-fledged kitchen.
A word from The Cinnamon Club
The multiple award-winning Cinnamon Club in St James’ is like no other Indian restaurant you’ve visited. Set in the former Old Westminster Library – a Grade II listed building still with books lining the walls - it has a grandeur and character that perfectly compliments its outstanding food. The team of 18 chefs, headed up by Vivek Singh, have a creative approach and a distinctive knack of layering flavours with stunning presentation. The imaginative lunch and dinner menus change seasonally. Pre and post-theatre menus are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Cinnamon Club - Best restaurants in St. James's ›
The Cinnamon Club reviews from OpenTable diners
996 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (563)business meals (533)fit for foodies (461)romance (247)good vegetarian options (245)group bookings (146)pre/post theatre (142)outstanding value (69)brunch (50)sunday lunch (46)child friendly (17)afternoon tea (15)disabled access (4)outdoor eating (4)Show More
- Tasteless mediocre foodSteveVIPDined on 30/8/2014Highly disappointing, although a relaxing and convivial venue. Starters - scallops were good but crab overwhelmed by the accompaniments. Mains - Nepalese stir fired vegetables were dry and tasteless, the promised salad accompaniment more of a garnish and also tasteless and the noodles were simply a pile of dry cardboard. Pork vindaloo also dry and uninspiring. Bread basket contained a mix of breads but they tasted like shop bought and were lukewarm. The waiter did ask our opinion and we said it was mediocre. He said he would speak to the chief but then avoided us, so we paid and left.
- Perfectkin001Dined on 29/8/2014Still my favourite restaurant in London, not just Indian, but all restaurants. It's expensive but worth for a special occasion or on a deal.Special Features:
- A cornucopia of flavoursBigCaperDined on 29/8/2014Our lunch at the Cinnamon Club in Westminster was an impromptu choice that turned out to be spot on. We settled on the set lunch which represents great value. The starter was well presented, in a satisfying portion to accompany the lovely French wine we had with the meal. The service was balanced so we never felt rushed or harassed. The dining room is large so it doesn't have the most intimate feel, but would easily suit a business lunch. The main course was equally nice and we followed on with desert and coffee. The aspect we enjoyed most was wonderfully balanced flavours in the food. The spiciness never felt overbearing. It added to the experience. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with FriendsMorlyDined on 28/8/2014Having dined at the Cinnamon Club on several occasions, I had no hesitation in recommending it as an excellent venue for a meal and general catch-up with friends. Therefore it was very disappointing and embarrassing to receive such poor service on this recent visit, even though the food was still reasonably good. From serving the wrong wine to delivering side dishes at the end of the meal, the overall service and presentation was very shabby. I will not be using this restaurant again.
- Annie hAnniehDined on 28/8/2014We loved it in no way disappointing . As a cook who loves Indian food it took it to another dimension. Michelin star I hope for you soon.Special Features:
- always a good experincesatinlondonVIPDined on 28/8/2014breakfast, lunch or dinner. This time it was breakfast and the omelette was excellent.Special Features:
- always goodnicefoodDined on 27/8/2014Went back to The Cinnamon Club after a few years and the experience was better than ever. Excellent opentable special offer, amazing value, great service and outstading food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Taster Menu at the Cinnamon ClubRonnieDined on 23/8/2014Taster menu was amazing! Intense depth of flavour to each dish. Accompanied by Premier wines to make the meal perfect.Special Features:
- CLHJCLHJDined on 22/8/2014An excellent choice for a special occasion because of ambience, service and good food. It is expensive with drinks but the short menu is very good value when available.Special Features:
- Experience worth RepeatingDinerJoyDined on 22/8/2014This was my fourth time of dining here and it does not disappoint. Service is outstanding, the staff always polite and welcoming, especially the waiters. The food is delicious. The ambience is conducive to a relaxing and enjoyable evening. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but good breakfast menuNicholaVDined on 21/8/2014I visited with a group of eight people. We were well accommodated for, with plentiful tea, coffee and orange juice. The breakfast menu has shrunk in size though, which is disappointing as there was lots of good stuff on there. Unfortunately the online version of the menu hadn't been updated so a few people were left disappointed. The food that was ordered was lovely though.Special Features:
- DisappointingHelenDined on 20/8/2014Great setting but unfortunately the food did not match. We had the set menu which may be considerably cheaper but would still expect better. Lamb starter was good, coley main course was quite bland and dessert of pistachio and coriander cake was the driest thing I've eaten in a long time. I had a few bites and gave up - waiter took away plate without even asking if it was ok which doesn't scream of great service.
- Cinnamontastik!ChuckmeisterDined on 20/8/2014Excellent service, atmosphere and the cuisine is extremely well developed, presented and unique. A must if you are in Westminster!Special Features:
- Very good value lunchAndyFDined on 19/8/2014We had the set price lunch which was excellent. The food was interesting and had great flavour and the service was unobtrusive but vey efficient. I would recommend the Cinammon Club for lunch and also (from previous experience) breakfast.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeLindyDined on 18/8/2014Myself and my husband had a wonderful time. We booked a set menu meal with a cocktail. We had three courses all of which were very nice. My main was the Beef which was lovely and tender and melted in the mouth. My husband had the coley which was flaky and cooked to perfection. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a romantic evening in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with colleaguesCricket8Dined on 18/8/2014One of my many visits to the Cinnamon club. This time with 2 colleagues. We were given a discrete table as requested. Had the £24 2- course lunch with cocktail. Ordered a lovely bottle of Chilean white as well. Between us we had lamb, beef and fish- all from the set menu and all very good. We ordered sides of parathas and chutney- you pay extra for chutney and this on its own cost over a tenner! Great food though. Bill with tip was in the region of £120Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinnamon Club WestminsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Great service; lovely food; lovely blend of good ingredients and indian spices; very pleased to have found this restruantSpecial Features:
- Last minute bookingMonkeyDined on 16/8/2014We had been up in town for the day and made this booking an hour before, very good choice food and staff greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealMeganJohn25Dined on 16/8/2014Wonderful Indian cuisine, set menu is amazing value for money, will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodalphaptarmiganDined on 15/8/2014The food was really interesting and full of flavourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningSusieQDined on 14/8/2014My friend and I took advantage of the early evening set price menu with a cocktail. Service attentive and food delicious. Do try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A convenient meeting placehcj87Dined on 14/8/2014A good meeting pace convenient for Parliament Square...Special Features:
- Indian with a twistGTdinerDined on 13/8/2014Great surroundings and excellent discreet service. Really interesting menu choices: the pigeon breast and lamb galauti starters were particularly good and the sea bass main also delicious. Nice in August as is much less busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous ambience and great food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Loved the place...food was good and the ambience perfect! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZimmyDined on 9/8/2014Every time I visit the cinnamon club it seems to get better and better, love the delicate spicing and the variation of dishes. The wine list us both good and interesting and fairly priced. We only live in England oart of the year, but always make a point of visiting when we arriveSpecial Features:
- Amazing food!RosieDined on 8/8/2014You don't go here for a cheap quick meal but if you want to go out for something just a little bit special, this should definitely be on your list. The restaurant is big, bustling and airy, you don't feel too close to other diners but still feel like you're in the thick of the action. The staff are lovely and didn't take long to realise we're not the type of people who want constant attention; they were there when we wanted them but left us alone to have our conversations without the constant "how's the food?" you get elswhere. The food really is something else; we were all pretty blown away! Particularly recommended are the pigeon breast starter, red deer main and carrot cake dessert. And don't forget to have a cocktail, totally yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect!Cinclub1Dined on 4/8/2014We've been the first time at the Cinnamon Club. We live in Germany and have heard in German TV about this very special place. Due to our affinity to Indian food we had to try it. Our expectations have been more than fulfilled, it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodbeachcomberDined on 4/8/2014The wonderful thing about Cinnamon Club is that it combines the best traditions of Indian cuisine with the best of British Ingredients. The chefs here have an uncanny understanding of how to combine spices to bring the best out of whatever ingredients they use. Even people who think they don't like Indian food will have their minds changed by Cinnamon Club, and those who know they like it will be enraptured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeParkerlandDined on 1/8/2014I was asked by some visiting friends to take them somewhere special, cue The Cinnamon Club. The starters were excellent, although I did have a little envy of the chicken dish that my wife ordered - succulent, evenly spiced and with a subtle sauce. The main courses took it up a notch and prompted statements of "you have to try this", ordinarily I am not one for sharing however went with the spirit and am very happy I did. The prawns were fantastic, firm yet juicy and the sauce thick and creamy. The sea bream cooked to perfection and at a fantastic price, although given the taste the price really didn't come into it. Finally my red deer was sublime. The staff were attentive, engaging, confident and fun making for an excellent night.Special Features:
- Wokka18Dined on 1/8/2014An excellent meal. The tasting menu had a wide variety of dishes including British game, all tasted and looked fantastic and were complemented with superb wines. The ambiance was light and airy where I would have preferred a darker romantic setting, that said the location is pretty special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticsherine94Dined on 1/8/2014I arrived to a beautiful restaurant. Whilst I was waiting for my guest I was presented a newspaper to pass the time, no considerate! When asking the waiters what they would recommend they really went the extra mile in explaining the reason for their choice which made me feel comfortable in trusting their choice. I wasn't disappointed! The squab pigeon appetiser was divine and so was my iberico pork curry. Overall it was a lovely dining experience and I would recommend to anybody who both wants to treat themselves or a special person and wants to try something much different to the average Indian around the corner. Innovative and fresh dishes and flavours. But I must reiterate on the fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, mediocre serviceJohnDined on 31/7/2014The food at Cinnamon Club is excellent - great variety, spicing, presentation. Service was mediocre. Waiter taking order was full of "how are you today" and "excellent choice"; bread and chutneys failed to appear (but, on request, were removed from the bill); and coffee and tea arrived while we were eating our deserts.Special Features:
- Our 25th Anniversary Meal2sweetpeasDined on 30/7/2014We loved the relaxed atmosphere of the club. Our overall experience was very enjoyable. We were made to feel special and great care was taken to rectify a mistake made in our order when we pointed out. We really enjoyed the starters and the deserts. The mains were a little disappointing. We would definitely recommend the Cinnamon Club to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate in indian diningNorthLondonChapDined on 30/7/2014The food is phenomenal - the flavours, textures and presentation is simply sublime. We had the summer menu, with a delightful Rioja. The staff were warm and accommodating. The restaurant itself is a thing of beauty (and old library) providing a refined dining context. Whilst the Cinnamon Club is not cheap, we found that the experience of being there and food more than justified the cost. I'd definitely recommend this to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday mealPritDined on 29/7/2014I was very impressed with this restaurant. The food, ambience, service were all great. I usually don't eat in Indian restaurants being of Indian origin but this one was absolutely fantastic. It was very expensive but at least I walked out feeling it was worth spending the money on as the food, service and portion sizes were excellent.Special Features:
- Food was deliciousharryDined on 29/7/2014Went for a business lunch and it was a perfect choice. My guest was vegetarian and we did feel that their was limited choice of vegetarian dishes on the menu which is surprising for Indian cuisine. Therefore we chose extra side dishes which were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,service needs to improveAnishaDined on 23/7/2014Overall a good experience, the menu creative and varied, the ambience a pleasant buzz on a Wed evening. The downfall was the service. Firstly we were attended to by at least 4 different staff members making it very confusing. Requested a bottle of sparkling water during our starters, had to remind the staff twice before it arrived - after we had all finished main course! the bill then had the water charged twice. When asked to be corrected it was done begrudgingly by a senior member of staff with no word of an apology. Also requested the discretionary service charge be removed as we wished to calculate a fitting tip for the service received, were told that no, we had to pay the stated amount. Left with a sour taste to end the nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCraigjb8Dined on 23/7/2014Superb and nothing like a stereotypical Indian restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch dealStokeyFoodieDined on 23/7/2014Two/three courses and a cocktail at a very reasonable price. The dinning room is in an ex-library and very atmospheric. The food is excellentSpecial Features:
- KirstenDined on 22/7/2014It has been some years since I've been here and my previous experience was very good. Unfortunately the years have not been kind and the service was very disappointing, slow and needed reminders. While I would say the food was very good but given how expensive the meals are (£28 for a main course of king prawns) then I would expect nothing less. It was busy and accoustics meant it was difficult to speak over the sound coming from other diners. I'm afraid I would not go back there again without changes being made.