The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn, Wrotham Road, Meopham
Gravesend, DA13 0QANeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Cricketers Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecricketersinn.co.uk/
- Phone: 01474 812163
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, British
- Executive Chef: Laura Baker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Background Music.
A word from The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn is the latest addition to the Award winning Whiting and Hammond family of pubs. Situated in the village of Meopham in the beautiful Kentish countryside the pub boasts three open log fires and a heated patio area where you can choose from a selection of well kept real ales and a fantastic choice of carefully selected wines, most of which are available by the glass. The menu offers hearty British food using local suppliers and only the best quality seasonal ingredients. Our aim is to provide you with a warm, relaxing and friendly environment where you can come to meet, eat & drink and relax with friends whether it"s for a quick bite to eat or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Cricketers Inn - Best restaurants in Meopham ›
The Cricketers Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since 6 May 2014
sunday lunch (123)special occasions (96)fit for foodies (88)group bookings (85)outdoor eating (63)child friendly (54)business meals (42)brunch (39)romance (37)outstanding value (31)good vegetarian options (20)disabled access (15)afternoon tea (14)pre/post theatre (4)Show More
- An enjoyable late Sunday lunchReddersDined on 31/8/2014We've used the Cricketer's Inn before and were checking it was still OK before booking for a special occasion - we were not disappointed. Despite it being Sunday lunch and quite busy we were well served without undue delays and the food was delicious and well presented.Special Features:
- Another great mealZumaDined on 25/8/2014Service was excellent, food was great as we have come to expect from Cricketers Inn. This was our third time to eat here and we have always been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishmenuDined on 22/8/2014THEY HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN YET, EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SO HELPFUL KNOCKED A STAR OFF BECAUSE WE HAD TO ASK TWICE FOR OUR WINE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/8/2014The owner were seated at the table next to us, they were very loud and demanded attention for the staff. We could hardly hear ourselves speak at our table. Also the staff treated them as a priority. Their behaviour was not appropriate and inconsiderate. Spoilt our evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality not what it used to beNoseyPDined on 17/8/2014Went there for Sunday lunch, we ordered shoulder of lamb and fillet of black sea bream. The portions were small, the lamb was overcooked and dry, the bream was off, cannot believe the chef didn't realise as it smelt awful. Replaced the bream for a mixed roast. The Yorkshire puddings were undercooked and rubbery, the roast potatoes were hard and also undercooked and the mixed meats were tough and chewy. The Cricketers used to be well known for good quality food but I feel its been resting on it's laurels. I understand that they have a new chef, but he needs to sort things out quickly or I feel diners will look to eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- FootballDined on 16/8/2014The food and service was very good .Unfortunately there were six of us and it was very noisy,although we were on a round table just speaking was difficult. It was a shame but there were still some laughs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as good as normalKT123Dined on 13/8/2014Have been to the Cricketers numerous times and always been impressed with the service however on this occasion I wasn't so impressed - as a group of 5 who were celebrating a special birthday and due to the waiter/waitress coming over frequently we were onto dessert in no time at all, meaning the time to talk over dinner was limited but when it came to trying to request the bill to pay there was no one to ask for a long time. The service definitely could be improved which would have made the visit more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th brithday made extra specialWroxallDined on 11/8/2014We have been here before but this time was exceptional. It was for a special occasion and the staff made us feel special even though they didn't know we were celebrating a special birthday for one of our party. They didn't rush up, the food was served very professionally and in a very friendly manner without being over the top. The food itself was beautiful.Special Features:
- janeDined on 9/8/2014We are always made very welcome and find that even when busy it is possible to talk. We take my very elderly father and he is always made very welcome and his requirements are accommodated.Special Features:
- disappointingsarahDined on 3/8/2014not sure what has happened here, i have dined here on 20+ ocassions. the food was cold, we got 2 halves of a carrot and 1 piece of brocolli and 1 piece of cauliflower between 3 of us as our vegetable selection. the yorkshires were rock hard - asked them to change them and they replaced them with exact same batch with a cricket ball like texture. we were sat up against another table who kept knocking our table. very disappointed - this was my favourite local restaurant. i will not be back. ever.
- The Cricketers Inn, Meophamhandbags1Dined on 2/8/2014First time we've been here and it won't be the last. Food was good and menu varied. We liked the way the food was cooked to order so a natural break between courses and it was piping hot when it arrived. Pub was busy too so there was a great atmosphere. We will be returning and will not hesitate to recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its wayFoodiechick44Dined on 29/7/2014I used to be a fan took my friend for her bday last tue and it was very disappointing my plaice was so small for £16 and the chocolate brownie was dry was not happy wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/7/2014There was an unfortunate whiff of smelly rubbish whilst sitting out in the garden which we found really unpleasant. We could have sat indoors but it was a beautiful sunny day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A grandmothers birthday treatFabfood4agreatdayoutDined on 27/7/2014We took our grandmother of 93 to the cricketers restaurant in meopham for her birthday & found the food to be delicious, but caveman sized portions, very good value for money, especially if you are ravenously hungry! The only slight disappointment was that the staff are so rushed as it was so busy that you were worried about asking for extra gravy etc incase you finished your meal before it had a chance to arrive. The staff were lovely , they just need a couple of extra members to cater for such a busy restaurant. Amazing food & great value for the sized portions though. Would defiantly recommend as long as you don't have to rush.Special Features:
- New comerSalpatDined on 26/7/2014Me and my husband took a friend along who had never been and she loved it she had the plaice and capers and said it was to die for she couldn't choose between choc brownie or the honey cheese cake so we asked for each desert to be halved and we had both which was devine looking forward to next timeSpecial Features:
- LyndylooDined on 25/7/2014Visited many times. Its a really nice place to eat and drink. Its location is really nice as are the staff. Whether its a family night or just friends I would thoroughly recommend The Cricketers. Can't fault it at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good despite busylovegoodfoodDined on 20/7/2014Very good service despite being fully booked on a Sunday evening. Food excellent, good selection of dishes, ambience fine.Special Features:
- ExcellentLisacDined on 19/7/2014Had an excellent meal at cricketers,would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/7/2014think there should be at least one vegetable with main meals generally disappointed with the standard of food
- OverallPandRDined on 18/7/2014We have dined here several times but aspects of our latest experience were disappointing. Service was adequate but not with a smile. Portions on this occasion were relatively small and the asparagus starter consisted of three spears. The risotto was very well cooked. Not good value for money.
- Table bookinghe5idiDined on 13/7/2014I was very disappointed as I had specifically asked for the seat in the window, but when we got there found that it had not been done. It was a shame as my daughter in law and family live in Dubai and every year they have asked me to book that table for when they come over. I had given them 3 weeks notice, and the Inn was half empty, so really they had no excuse, as far as i could tell, not to give me the table for 6 as i requested ! And they refused to give me the table, saying that it was booked for later - so, as you can imagine I was quite upset about the whole thingSpecial Features:
- Cricketers innMidlandsdinerDined on 12/7/2014My only criticism on the cricketers inn is the toilet facilities with a steep stairway to the first floor or the disabled toilet next to the staff working area which felt like it lacked any privacy and on opening the door(out wards) struck a member of staff.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4foodpeasantDined on 9/7/2014love the shabby chic decor and country pub feel. Menu varied but lack of a chicken main course was surprising. The duck was lovely but slightly overwhelmed by the savoy cabbage with bacon that came with it(meant to be red cabbage) and the steak burger ordered without cheese came smothered in it. Both situations hastily and kindly rectified by very pleasant waiting staff.Cod in beer batter was just right and the pork belly rapidly disappeared. Chef obviously had other things on his mind but staff in restaurant were very helpful, efficient and polite. A pleasant atmosphere and lovely if overlooking the Green. Would go again but not with younger children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Kent Sunday LunchHomerSDined on 6/7/2014We booked for a Sunday lunch after my sons 4th birthday party. The service was great and the Cricketers even put a big Sparkler in his dessert, without prompt as they noticed his cards and presents on the table. The food was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014we found the food was good the staff was very attentive but the overall cost we thought was expensiveSpecial Features:
- JadrankaDined on 5/7/2014You will find here outstanding cooking and a very nice environment. Only Few vegetarian dishes are served but they are absolutely fantastic! The same stands for the cakes. Although well staffed, you may need to wait to be served since the staff seem to be a bit disorganised. Finally, staff still need to master the art of making an espresso! I have been dining here for few years now and always find it amusing that despite a glorious espresso machine, some filter coffee is served in an espresso cup. Never the less, this place always exceeded my expectations : the food is so good that I do not mind the lack of nice italian coffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night out.DiningDivasDined on 3/7/2014Have not been here in a while and the lay out inside has changed considerably, for the better. The whole pub is airy and light, we sat at a table in the window with a veiw overlooking the Green. The service was speedy and efficient. We were served by a lovely young man who, when asked a question to which he did not know the answer, went away to ask! We ordered muscles as a main course and the lamb tagine both of which were high delicious. Dessert portions were enormous but fab.Special Features:
- disappointing lunchluvdiningDined on 26/6/2014Certainly not as good as it used to be and second disappointing meal this year. We recommended to friends for lunch, stating portion sizes especially for fish and chips were always on the large side so suggest choosing smaller portion. Boy was that a mistake, we had to chase the fish round the plate to find it. Our previous meal (for a birthday) was dry plus they had not logged the reservation. Will not be hurrying back soon.Special Features:
- poor lunchpoorvalue1Dined on 18/6/2014one main meal had to be sent back manager agreed poor quality did not charge for it. other meals were poor value for moneySpecial Features:
- Lovely!DrgasDined on 16/6/2014Amazing mixed grill - came on a board. Enough for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovelywookie30Dined on 16/6/2014Great food - the fish and chips were yummy! Would definitely visit again- soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frosty2014Dined on 15/6/2014Food was amazing, been there about 6-7 times and loved it every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pub VenueDaveDined on 14/6/2014Friendly pub, good food and service. Extensive menu and value for money.Special Features:
- Good MealtommyboyDined on 7/6/2014There was a beer festival on over the weekend we ate there and the place was buzzing but despite being so busy the staff were attentive the meals arrived in good time and the food was very good. After the meal we enjoyed drinks in the garden and listened to the live music with a a few of the beers from the beer tent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful restaurant / pubtommyd27Dined on 30/5/2014Cheerful friendly people, they were very helpful with everything, dinner was delicious and very affordable. Definitely would recommend this place to literally everyone. Quality food, value for money, good tasting pints, friendly staff and atmosphere is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night, great foodMichDined on 27/5/2014I've been there many times before and when the girls and I were talking about having a catch up over dinner this is the first place I thought of. Friendly staff, great atmosphere and a fantastic menu. Every one really enjoyed it and they will defenatley be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With live cricket too!looneytunesDined on 25/5/2014We were late for our party booking on the bank holiday Sunday, but the staff were all very accommodating. Fantastic service from the manager, bar and servers. Our drinks arrived promptly, the children were well catered for, the vegetarian menu was interesting and produced great dishes. Lots of mmmms from around the table. Our requests were all met with out any objection. I had the roast pork which was really average. Soft roast potatoes, plain cooked vegetables, indescribable meat, no crackling. Not how a home cooked roast should be, in my opinion. The big surprise was the price of lager. Watch out for that! To finish we sat on the green across the road and watched the cricket. Overall a really lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing experienceDiasapointedDined on 24/5/2014Very disappointing. the three of us were put on a table that was barely big enough. The wine which was plonked on the table complete with screw top. Only 2 starters appeared because the waitress failed to write down the 3rd so long wait for that to be cooked. Main course arrived an hour and a half after our order was taken and was nothing special, Sirloin steak was dry and average, chunky chips were anaemic and like oven chips. Meat pie was ok but vegetarian wellington came with no veg or sauce. Everything is expensive for what you get, all veg is extra. Decided against dessert or coffee and when asked how the meal was we expressed our views and asked to see manager. After waiting half an hour we paid the bill and left. Won't be returning.
- Nice place but slow serviceRohanVIPDined on 18/5/2014We were not warned that food would take so long (around an hour after ordering) however in their defence people that came after us were warned that food would take longer than usual. Outdoor area is great on a sunny day and food is very good. The salads are huge so in case your looking for a small meal be warned!Special Features:
- ok if you don't drink lagermaseDined on 18/5/2014At £5.30 a pint I thought it was a bit of a rip off as this is more expensive than most London restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.