The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn, Wrotham Road, Meopham
Gravesend, DA13 0QANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Cricketers Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecricketersinn.co.uk/
- Phone: 01474 812163
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, British
- Executive Chef: Laura Baker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Background Music.
A word from The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn is the latest addition to the Award winning Whiting and Hammond family of pubs. Situated in the village of Meopham in the beautiful Kentish countryside the pub boasts three open log fires and a heated patio area where you can choose from a selection of well kept real ales and a fantastic choice of carefully selected wines, most of which are available by the glass. The menu offers hearty British food using local suppliers and only the best quality seasonal ingredients. Our aim is to provide you with a warm, relaxing and friendly environment where you can come to meet, eat & drink and relax with friends whether it"s for a quick bite to eat or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Cricketers Inn - Best restaurants in Meopham ›
The Cricketers Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since 22 October 2013
sunday lunch (117)special occasions (94)fit for foodies (82)group bookings (76)outdoor eating (60)child friendly (48)brunch (41)business meals (40)romance (34)outstanding value (25)good vegetarian options (22)disabled access (14)afternoon tea (11)pre/post theatre (5)Show More
- Excellent Sunday Lunch!Elly58ateDined on 12/10/2014Last Sunday, 4 of us (1 being a 3 year old) dined at The Cricketers Inn. It was superb! I had booked a high chair, and it was there! ( this isn't always the case!) and the 3 year old was welcomed and looked after. I couldn't make my mind up between 2 lamb dishes and the waitress made some very useful comments which helped me choose. All our meals were divine: tasty, cooked perfectly and a good size! And my cider was cold! Yes! We will go again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardStratsDined on 11/10/2014Food is usually very good - 3 out of 4 were good this time with the pie being a little on the dry side. They were also busy which slowed up the service somewhat. However not enough to make you decide not to go back.Special Features:
- Busy SaturdayCharliesAuntDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant was very busy. It took a long time to order and many of the specials had run out even at 7.30. Left with limited menu if you don't like red meat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatHappydiner4Dined on 8/10/2014We were looking for somewhere a little bit different to celebrate my husbands 68th birthday. We didn't want just pub food, but nothing too posh. The Cricketers was recommended to us, and it was perfect. Although this is a pub, the restaurant is separate. The menu was varied and all dishes had a little extra twist. All beautifully cooked, perfectly presented. Staff great, so would Definately recommend.Special Features:
- Expensive beware don't go therehappyeatersDined on 5/10/2014The meals we had was a cheese and ham ploughmans and a ham chips with salad both meals only had one slice of ham on each the chips there were only eight on the plate both meals were so small that we came home to get some think to eat. The two meals with a bottle of vine cost £49.50 is this some sort of joke we have only ever paid about £30.00 for a first class meal this pub is out of order we will not be going there again.they really should bowl them self out for a DUCK
- DissapointingMidlandsdinerDined on 5/10/2014The Sunday lunch food was disappointing as the vegetables were undercooked and were hardly dainty as the broccoli and cauliflower were very large florets and the roast potatoes very large and slighty undercooked. The presentation of the mixed roast was poor as it was all slacked on top of each other and covered in thick gravy. Some real presentation issues. I could have easily cooked a better lunch at home. A good note, the young lad serving was excellent and very attentive.Special Features:
- casperDined on 3/10/2014An excellent evening was had by all of my group. Good food and good surroundings with staff paying attention to detail.Special Features:
- saturday nightbannyDined on 27/9/2014hi all the third visit here , this time saturday evening , ordered starter requested 10 minute break in between starter and main meal , first course arrived but no plates to eat off???? starter very good , finished, then main meal arrived one minute after ? originally requested 10 minute break ! eat this and went home no tip probably no return ..Special Features:
- Great Sunday RoastLetuseatDined on 21/9/2014Cosy setting with a good variety of food on the menu. Sunday roast was delicious - freshly cooked, large portions and vegetables perfectly al dente!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pub/RestaurantzebedeDined on 20/9/2014This is a warm and inviting village pub, in truth clearly more a restaurant than a Pub, although there remains some standing room at the bar. The place is clean, cozy, and wll lit, with a firendly 'buzz'. Food is a typical range of English favourites, the portions are generous and the cooking is fantastic (apart from the mash which was a little watery). Some very good wines available by both the glass and the bottle and an easy place to relax and eat. Would recommned, although at around £40/head it is not cheap.Special Features:
- DisappointingDiner1Dined on 20/9/2014We were recommended the restaurant by other friends and were pleased by the restaurant appearance. The first thing the server said was that the table was booked for 9pm so we had to finish by then. We thought that we had booked for the evening. One person had a starter which he said that it was delicious. He also liked the main course. 2 people had the fish pie and it was tasteless and one of us could not find any fish in the pie at all. There was a disappointment that no chicken dish was available. The deserts, however, were lovely. If I came again and may give it another chance I may only have starter and desert.
- janeDined on 20/9/2014frequent visitor and k now I can rely on a friendly welcome, good service and safe, enjoyable food. V helpful with my special dietary requirements.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchwotronsaysDined on 14/9/2014We have been to the Cricketers Inn a couple of times before, but this time we took the outlaws who were visiting. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was good despite the restaurant being very busy. There is a good choice of locally sourced food on the menu, which is beautifully prepared. Our menu highlights were the duo of pork, the skate and the delicious plum crumble. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointingStratsDined on 13/9/2014We were put next to a table of about 20. We were the only other people in that area and as a table of 4 we were swamped by the other booking. Kids were running about and there was no consideration for other customers. We had to ask a staff memeber to stop one girl from running up and down behind our table. If we had realised what it was going to be like then we should have not accepted our table. Have enjoyed it there previously but can be a bit noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely pub in MeophamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Having taken my dog to the groomers, my friend and I had a late lunch to use up some time rather than go home and come back again. I did an internet search for decent pubs, spotted the Cricketers and texted a friend who lives in Meopham for the thumbs up for my choice - which I got. He wasn't wrong. Fab food, great service, lovely friendly staff and a lovely sunny day to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningVeggieDined on 6/9/2014We took friends who were staying for the weekend for an evening meal. We were slightly apprehensive as we recently took a family member and his wife there for lunch for his 80th birthday and although we've been to this restaurant quite a few times in the past on this occasion we were very disappointed with the food which certainly wasn't up to the normal standard. However, our evening meal this time was exceptional. It was a first visit for our friends and they were very impressed - the food was absolutely delicious; the staff were delightful, friendly and efficient. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- An enjoyable late Sunday lunchReddersDined on 31/8/2014We've used the Cricketer's Inn before and were checking it was still OK before booking for a special occasion - we were not disappointed. Despite it being Sunday lunch and quite busy we were well served without undue delays and the food was delicious and well presented.Special Features:
- Another great mealZumaDined on 25/8/2014Service was excellent, food was great as we have come to expect from Cricketers Inn. This was our third time to eat here and we have always been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishmenuDined on 22/8/2014THEY HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN YET, EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SO HELPFUL KNOCKED A STAR OFF BECAUSE WE HAD TO ASK TWICE FOR OUR WINE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/8/2014The owner were seated at the table next to us, they were very loud and demanded attention for the staff. We could hardly hear ourselves speak at our table. Also the staff treated them as a priority. Their behaviour was not appropriate and inconsiderate. Spoilt our evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality not what it used to beNoseyPDined on 17/8/2014Went there for Sunday lunch, we ordered shoulder of lamb and fillet of black sea bream. The portions were small, the lamb was overcooked and dry, the bream was off, cannot believe the chef didn't realise as it smelt awful. Replaced the bream for a mixed roast. The Yorkshire puddings were undercooked and rubbery, the roast potatoes were hard and also undercooked and the mixed meats were tough and chewy. The Cricketers used to be well known for good quality food but I feel its been resting on it's laurels. I understand that they have a new chef, but he needs to sort things out quickly or I feel diners will look to eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- FootballDined on 16/8/2014The food and service was very good .Unfortunately there were six of us and it was very noisy,although we were on a round table just speaking was difficult. It was a shame but there were still some laughs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as good as normalKT123Dined on 13/8/2014Have been to the Cricketers numerous times and always been impressed with the service however on this occasion I wasn't so impressed - as a group of 5 who were celebrating a special birthday and due to the waiter/waitress coming over frequently we were onto dessert in no time at all, meaning the time to talk over dinner was limited but when it came to trying to request the bill to pay there was no one to ask for a long time. The service definitely could be improved which would have made the visit more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th brithday made extra specialWroxallDined on 11/8/2014We have been here before but this time was exceptional. It was for a special occasion and the staff made us feel special even though they didn't know we were celebrating a special birthday for one of our party. They didn't rush up, the food was served very professionally and in a very friendly manner without being over the top. The food itself was beautiful.Special Features:
- janeDined on 9/8/2014We are always made very welcome and find that even when busy it is possible to talk. We take my very elderly father and he is always made very welcome and his requirements are accommodated.Special Features:
- disappointingsarahDined on 3/8/2014not sure what has happened here, i have dined here on 20+ ocassions. the food was cold, we got 2 halves of a carrot and 1 piece of brocolli and 1 piece of cauliflower between 3 of us as our vegetable selection. the yorkshires were rock hard - asked them to change them and they replaced them with exact same batch with a cricket ball like texture. we were sat up against another table who kept knocking our table. very disappointed - this was my favourite local restaurant. i will not be back. ever.
- The Cricketers Inn, Meophamhandbags1Dined on 2/8/2014First time we've been here and it won't be the last. Food was good and menu varied. We liked the way the food was cooked to order so a natural break between courses and it was piping hot when it arrived. Pub was busy too so there was a great atmosphere. We will be returning and will not hesitate to recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its wayFoodiechick44Dined on 29/7/2014I used to be a fan took my friend for her bday last tue and it was very disappointing my plaice was so small for £16 and the chocolate brownie was dry was not happy wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/7/2014There was an unfortunate whiff of smelly rubbish whilst sitting out in the garden which we found really unpleasant. We could have sat indoors but it was a beautiful sunny day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A grandmothers birthday treatFabfood4agreatdayoutDined on 27/7/2014We took our grandmother of 93 to the cricketers restaurant in meopham for her birthday & found the food to be delicious, but caveman sized portions, very good value for money, especially if you are ravenously hungry! The only slight disappointment was that the staff are so rushed as it was so busy that you were worried about asking for extra gravy etc incase you finished your meal before it had a chance to arrive. The staff were lovely , they just need a couple of extra members to cater for such a busy restaurant. Amazing food & great value for the sized portions though. Would defiantly recommend as long as you don't have to rush.Special Features:
- New comerSalpatDined on 26/7/2014Me and my husband took a friend along who had never been and she loved it she had the plaice and capers and said it was to die for she couldn't choose between choc brownie or the honey cheese cake so we asked for each desert to be halved and we had both which was devine looking forward to next timeSpecial Features:
- LyndylooDined on 25/7/2014Visited many times. Its a really nice place to eat and drink. Its location is really nice as are the staff. Whether its a family night or just friends I would thoroughly recommend The Cricketers. Can't fault it at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good despite busylovegoodfoodDined on 20/7/2014Very good service despite being fully booked on a Sunday evening. Food excellent, good selection of dishes, ambience fine.Special Features:
- ExcellentLisacDined on 19/7/2014Had an excellent meal at cricketers,would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/7/2014think there should be at least one vegetable with main meals generally disappointed with the standard of food
- OverallPandRDined on 18/7/2014We have dined here several times but aspects of our latest experience were disappointing. Service was adequate but not with a smile. Portions on this occasion were relatively small and the asparagus starter consisted of three spears. The risotto was very well cooked. Not good value for money.
- Table bookinghe5idiDined on 13/7/2014I was very disappointed as I had specifically asked for the seat in the window, but when we got there found that it had not been done. It was a shame as my daughter in law and family live in Dubai and every year they have asked me to book that table for when they come over. I had given them 3 weeks notice, and the Inn was half empty, so really they had no excuse, as far as i could tell, not to give me the table for 6 as i requested ! And they refused to give me the table, saying that it was booked for later - so, as you can imagine I was quite upset about the whole thingSpecial Features:
- Cricketers innMidlandsdinerDined on 12/7/2014My only criticism on the cricketers inn is the toilet facilities with a steep stairway to the first floor or the disabled toilet next to the staff working area which felt like it lacked any privacy and on opening the door(out wards) struck a member of staff.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4foodpeasantDined on 9/7/2014love the shabby chic decor and country pub feel. Menu varied but lack of a chicken main course was surprising. The duck was lovely but slightly overwhelmed by the savoy cabbage with bacon that came with it(meant to be red cabbage) and the steak burger ordered without cheese came smothered in it. Both situations hastily and kindly rectified by very pleasant waiting staff.Cod in beer batter was just right and the pork belly rapidly disappeared. Chef obviously had other things on his mind but staff in restaurant were very helpful, efficient and polite. A pleasant atmosphere and lovely if overlooking the Green. Would go again but not with younger children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Kent Sunday LunchHomerSDined on 6/7/2014We booked for a Sunday lunch after my sons 4th birthday party. The service was great and the Cricketers even put a big Sparkler in his dessert, without prompt as they noticed his cards and presents on the table. The food was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.