The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn, Wrotham Road, Meopham
Gravesend, DA13 0QANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Cricketers Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecricketersinn.co.uk/
- Phone: 01474 812163
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, British
- Executive Chef: Laura Baker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Background Music.
A word from The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn is the latest addition to the Award winning Whiting and Hammond family of pubs. Situated in the village of Meopham in the beautiful Kentish countryside the pub boasts three open log fires and a heated patio area where you can choose from a selection of well kept real ales and a fantastic choice of carefully selected wines, most of which are available by the glass. The menu offers hearty British food using local suppliers and only the best quality seasonal ingredients. Our aim is to provide you with a warm, relaxing and friendly environment where you can come to meet, eat & drink and relax with friends whether it"s for a quick bite to eat or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Cricketers Inn - Best restaurants in Meopham ›
The Cricketers Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since 26 November 2013
sunday lunch (121)special occasions (99)fit for foodies (83)group bookings (75)outdoor eating (59)child friendly (49)brunch (43)business meals (41)romance (33)outstanding value (29)good vegetarian options (27)disabled access (17)afternoon tea (11)pre/post theatre (6)Show More
- Disappointing service but excellent foodAmandaIDined on 22/11/2014The atmosphere was very good, all buzzing when we arrived. However it was twenty minutes before anyone took an order from us. The service was so slow it was dreadful, they forgot drinks, brought the wrong ones and charged for a drink we hadn't had. We were a bit shocked to be charged £32.95 a bottle for prosecco. However the food was faultless, and they even managed to accommodate me with chicken breast which wasn't on the menu as I asked in advance. The service was such a let down on an otherwise very pleasant evening. If you have plenty of time (three hours to do three courses, with the last one very rushed before our taxi arrived) then it's worth a visit for the food but I suggest you check the price list before ordering wine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paulnpat1972Dined on 22/11/2014Met friends here for s Saturday lunch - good selection on the menu - all reasonably priced - we were all impressed by the service and presentation of the food. Loved the décor of The Cricketers Inn - warm and friendly staff - good food - would certainly go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 17/11/2014The place as you enter feels very homely especially in the winter when they have lovely open fires burning. The service is excellent staff are very friendly and you do not have to wait too long for your meal even when the restaurant is busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold and dryNotaginDined on 15/11/2014It was our 9th anniversary and I asked for a nice table so we could enjoy our evening, we was given the smallest table where we couldn't fit our food and drinks when dinner was served. I did ask to move to the table next to us but the waiter straight away said no that been booked out and did not offer anything else. It was freezing cold though out the evening our food was dry and I had the sirloin steak witch was not good for the money I paid.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Booked this pub/restaurant to celebrate my Birthday after hearing good reviews about it. All I can say is was the best meal and service I have had for years. balloons were already on the table courtesy of the staff. Staff were very friendly and helpful. But the food was to die for. Would highly recommend it and will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureSpirit70Dined on 4/11/2014The very fact that I thought it best to book a table for three on a Tuesday evening tells you how popular The Cricketer's is, it's always worth booking in advance to avoid disappointment. I have eaten here several times with friends and family and also use it to take clients for meetings as it is close to my business. The ambience is great, not too formal, full of charm and most importantly, the food is great.Special Features:
- Birthday treatLouCDined on 4/11/2014I took my mum here for her birthday and couldn't have been more pleased with the food and service. Online booking was easy and the staff were friendly and attentive, would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdeCellarboyDined on 2/11/2014Once again we had a lovely meal at The Cricketers. Exceptional food, great service & a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value, great varietyYummyDined on 29/10/2014Always a good sign if you don't want the meal to end.Special Features:
- Perfect Midweek TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/10/2014As always, the Cricketers did not disappoint! We especially enjoyed the new Winter take on the menu; would highly recommend the carrot and chilli soup, delicious! Staff warm and welcoming, atmosphere was cosy and inviting, the meal was beautifully presented, prepared and polished off rather quickly!! Will continue to recommend this spot, it will continue to be a personal favourite.Special Features:
- Excellent food & friendly serviceHaydenVDined on 26/10/2014The food was excellent, services was very good, we were always seen to when we needed something, a true little gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cricketers InnlastminutestuDined on 26/10/2014This was the 2nd time I've been and again the Cricketers Inn didn't disappoint, extremely friendly and attentive staff, nothing too much trouble. Portions are very good value for money, I can reccommend the Essex Oysters, even my mother was impressed with the roast beef and she's a very hard customer to please! Only 2 small criticisms; the food wasn't as hot as it could of been but the food was perfectly cooked and the gravy could have been a bit thicker, all in all though everyone enjoyed their meal and we would all reccommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 'big' birthday dinnerMike4442Dined on 25/10/2014We had a super family meal celebrating my 65th birthday. We had a later sitting due to our table size but service and food quality were both up to the mark. The manageress runs a super ship for sure! We will be back for my 66th next year...Special Features:
- TheTwo BeersThe2BeersDined on 22/10/2014Took some friends and dined on a Wednesday evening, the restaurant was busy but not crowded. The service was really good not too fast. just right, The food was excellent, an all round pleasant experience, will definitely recommend this Restaurant and will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday Lunch!Elly58ateDined on 12/10/2014Last Sunday, 4 of us (1 being a 3 year old) dined at The Cricketers Inn. It was superb! I had booked a high chair, and it was there! ( this isn't always the case!) and the 3 year old was welcomed and looked after. I couldn't make my mind up between 2 lamb dishes and the waitress made some very useful comments which helped me choose. All our meals were divine: tasty, cooked perfectly and a good size! And my cider was cold! Yes! We will go again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardStratsDined on 11/10/2014Food is usually very good - 3 out of 4 were good this time with the pie being a little on the dry side. They were also busy which slowed up the service somewhat. However not enough to make you decide not to go back.Special Features:
- Busy SaturdayCharliesAuntDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant was very busy. It took a long time to order and many of the specials had run out even at 7.30. Left with limited menu if you don't like red meat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatHappydiner4Dined on 8/10/2014We were looking for somewhere a little bit different to celebrate my husbands 68th birthday. We didn't want just pub food, but nothing too posh. The Cricketers was recommended to us, and it was perfect. Although this is a pub, the restaurant is separate. The menu was varied and all dishes had a little extra twist. All beautifully cooked, perfectly presented. Staff great, so would Definately recommend.Special Features:
- Expensive beware don't go therehappyeatersDined on 5/10/2014The meals we had was a cheese and ham ploughmans and a ham chips with salad both meals only had one slice of ham on each the chips there were only eight on the plate both meals were so small that we came home to get some think to eat. The two meals with a bottle of vine cost £49.50 is this some sort of joke we have only ever paid about £30.00 for a first class meal this pub is out of order we will not be going there again.they really should bowl them self out for a DUCK
- DissapointingMidlandsdinerDined on 5/10/2014The Sunday lunch food was disappointing as the vegetables were undercooked and were hardly dainty as the broccoli and cauliflower were very large florets and the roast potatoes very large and slighty undercooked. The presentation of the mixed roast was poor as it was all slacked on top of each other and covered in thick gravy. Some real presentation issues. I could have easily cooked a better lunch at home. A good note, the young lad serving was excellent and very attentive.Special Features:
- casperDined on 3/10/2014An excellent evening was had by all of my group. Good food and good surroundings with staff paying attention to detail.Special Features:
- saturday nightbannyDined on 27/9/2014hi all the third visit here , this time saturday evening , ordered starter requested 10 minute break in between starter and main meal , first course arrived but no plates to eat off???? starter very good , finished, then main meal arrived one minute after ? originally requested 10 minute break ! eat this and went home no tip probably no return ..Special Features:
- Great Sunday RoastLetuseatDined on 21/9/2014Cosy setting with a good variety of food on the menu. Sunday roast was delicious - freshly cooked, large portions and vegetables perfectly al dente!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pub/RestaurantzebedeDined on 20/9/2014This is a warm and inviting village pub, in truth clearly more a restaurant than a Pub, although there remains some standing room at the bar. The place is clean, cozy, and wll lit, with a firendly 'buzz'. Food is a typical range of English favourites, the portions are generous and the cooking is fantastic (apart from the mash which was a little watery). Some very good wines available by both the glass and the bottle and an easy place to relax and eat. Would recommned, although at around £40/head it is not cheap.Special Features:
- DisappointingDiner1Dined on 20/9/2014We were recommended the restaurant by other friends and were pleased by the restaurant appearance. The first thing the server said was that the table was booked for 9pm so we had to finish by then. We thought that we had booked for the evening. One person had a starter which he said that it was delicious. He also liked the main course. 2 people had the fish pie and it was tasteless and one of us could not find any fish in the pie at all. There was a disappointment that no chicken dish was available. The deserts, however, were lovely. If I came again and may give it another chance I may only have starter and desert.
- janeDined on 20/9/2014frequent visitor and k now I can rely on a friendly welcome, good service and safe, enjoyable food. V helpful with my special dietary requirements.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchwotronsaysDined on 14/9/2014We have been to the Cricketers Inn a couple of times before, but this time we took the outlaws who were visiting. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was good despite the restaurant being very busy. There is a good choice of locally sourced food on the menu, which is beautifully prepared. Our menu highlights were the duo of pork, the skate and the delicious plum crumble. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointingStratsDined on 13/9/2014We were put next to a table of about 20. We were the only other people in that area and as a table of 4 we were swamped by the other booking. Kids were running about and there was no consideration for other customers. We had to ask a staff memeber to stop one girl from running up and down behind our table. If we had realised what it was going to be like then we should have not accepted our table. Have enjoyed it there previously but can be a bit noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely pub in MeophamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Having taken my dog to the groomers, my friend and I had a late lunch to use up some time rather than go home and come back again. I did an internet search for decent pubs, spotted the Cricketers and texted a friend who lives in Meopham for the thumbs up for my choice - which I got. He wasn't wrong. Fab food, great service, lovely friendly staff and a lovely sunny day to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningVeggieDined on 6/9/2014We took friends who were staying for the weekend for an evening meal. We were slightly apprehensive as we recently took a family member and his wife there for lunch for his 80th birthday and although we've been to this restaurant quite a few times in the past on this occasion we were very disappointed with the food which certainly wasn't up to the normal standard. However, our evening meal this time was exceptional. It was a first visit for our friends and they were very impressed - the food was absolutely delicious; the staff were delightful, friendly and efficient. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- An enjoyable late Sunday lunchReddersDined on 31/8/2014We've used the Cricketer's Inn before and were checking it was still OK before booking for a special occasion - we were not disappointed. Despite it being Sunday lunch and quite busy we were well served without undue delays and the food was delicious and well presented.Special Features:
- Another great mealZumaDined on 25/8/2014Service was excellent, food was great as we have come to expect from Cricketers Inn. This was our third time to eat here and we have always been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishmenuDined on 22/8/2014THEY HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN YET, EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SO HELPFUL KNOCKED A STAR OFF BECAUSE WE HAD TO ASK TWICE FOR OUR WINE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/8/2014The owner were seated at the table next to us, they were very loud and demanded attention for the staff. We could hardly hear ourselves speak at our table. Also the staff treated them as a priority. Their behaviour was not appropriate and inconsiderate. Spoilt our evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality not what it used to beNoseyPDined on 17/8/2014Went there for Sunday lunch, we ordered shoulder of lamb and fillet of black sea bream. The portions were small, the lamb was overcooked and dry, the bream was off, cannot believe the chef didn't realise as it smelt awful. Replaced the bream for a mixed roast. The Yorkshire puddings were undercooked and rubbery, the roast potatoes were hard and also undercooked and the mixed meats were tough and chewy. The Cricketers used to be well known for good quality food but I feel its been resting on it's laurels. I understand that they have a new chef, but he needs to sort things out quickly or I feel diners will look to eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- FootballDined on 16/8/2014The food and service was very good .Unfortunately there were six of us and it was very noisy,although we were on a round table just speaking was difficult. It was a shame but there were still some laughs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as good as normalKT123Dined on 13/8/2014Have been to the Cricketers numerous times and always been impressed with the service however on this occasion I wasn't so impressed - as a group of 5 who were celebrating a special birthday and due to the waiter/waitress coming over frequently we were onto dessert in no time at all, meaning the time to talk over dinner was limited but when it came to trying to request the bill to pay there was no one to ask for a long time. The service definitely could be improved which would have made the visit more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th brithday made extra specialWroxallDined on 11/8/2014We have been here before but this time was exceptional. It was for a special occasion and the staff made us feel special even though they didn't know we were celebrating a special birthday for one of our party. They didn't rush up, the food was served very professionally and in a very friendly manner without being over the top. The food itself was beautiful.Special Features:
- janeDined on 9/8/2014We are always made very welcome and find that even when busy it is possible to talk. We take my very elderly father and he is always made very welcome and his requirements are accommodated.Special Features:
- disappointingsarahDined on 3/8/2014not sure what has happened here, i have dined here on 20+ ocassions. the food was cold, we got 2 halves of a carrot and 1 piece of brocolli and 1 piece of cauliflower between 3 of us as our vegetable selection. the yorkshires were rock hard - asked them to change them and they replaced them with exact same batch with a cricket ball like texture. we were sat up against another table who kept knocking our table. very disappointed - this was my favourite local restaurant. i will not be back. ever.