The Cuban Bristol
Unit 2, Building 11
Bristol, BS1 5SZNeighbourhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: £25 and under
The Cuban Bristol
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecubanbristol.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7424 0692
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
A word from The Cuban Bristol
Welcome to The Cuban Bristol! Never been to Cuba? Then don’t despair! Visit us for a true Cuban experience! We’ve visited the beautiful city of Havana and brought home the true spirit of Cuba. We stock over 100 rums and produce the tastiest Mojitos using only the finest & freshest ingredients. After sampling some of the most delicious foods available on the island, we hope we've done Cuba justice, by borrowing some of their delicious recipes to produce our extensive list of tapas and traditional Cuban dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Cuban Bristol - Best restaurants in Bristol ›
The Cuban Bristol reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since 25 November 2013
group bookings (94)special occasions (59)fit for foodies (33)romance (26)outstanding value (21)pre/post theatre (21)business meals (13)good vegetarian options (12)disabled access (8)brunch (7)sunday lunch (6)child friendly (6)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- Great bar, useless restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014The atmosphere of the bar is great - good, live music, good decor etc. However, the food and service was inexcusably awful. Two of our party ordered bar-b-q spare ribs which arrived cold (not just not hot, but cold as in from the fridge). We had to wait for ages for another set which was only slightly warmer. The service was painfully slow and disinterested. It regularly took over 5 minutes to find a member of staff to ask where food / drinks were. Having waited 20 minutes for a drinks order, we finally caught the attention of our waitress to ask where our drinks were. She was astonished that we hadn't received them and shared our disapproval (not sure who she thought was going to bring them to us?!) This is a great place for a few drinks and a good atmosphere, but don't waste your time with the food - the staff certainly don't.
- GREAT ATMOSPHEREBordeaux2404Dined on 25/10/2014Slightly biased as I love cuban music and that is why I chose the restauarant. Not the place to go to for a quiet romantic meal but if you want a great lively atmosphere, good food and great cocktails for a night out with your friends I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDWM83Dined on 18/10/2014Very unauthentic atmosphere, very much like eating in a warehouse unit that had a few ceiling fans thrown up next to the huge aircon units. Maybe this is what eating in Havana International Airport is like, but certainly not somewhere I would go again. Food was pretty average, though service was pretty upbeatSpecial Features:
- Great vibeLoulouDined on 10/10/2014The Cuban has a great vibe & atmosphere, the service was very welcoming & friendly. We had tapas which was great & had some good recommendations from our server. We didn't try the cocktails but they looked good. I'll defo be back - a great meet up for friends, groups.Special Features:
- Didn't get to try much food! :-(Love2dineDined on 4/10/2014I booked a meal through opentable at the Cuban for some drinks and a meal on Saturday night... The place is lovely, the staff friendly and helpful and the cocktails were amazing .... The BIG downside of our evening was that even though we ordered our main courses with plenty of time to spare, after well over an hour of waiting for them we had to admit defeat ask for the drinks bill and run to catch the last train home (which incidentally we Missed!) So cannot comment on the food ... Sadly a Disappointing end to what began as a fab evening :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherepiggyDined on 4/10/2014staff were very attentive Food was good Pibut felt a little rushed because there was a table reserved after usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014I shared 6 tapas dishes with my friend and we enjoyed all of them. The restaurant was packed and there were only 3 waiters running the whole floor. We did have to wait a few minutes to be seated but once seated our waiter was superb. Our food came out quickly and he was very apologetic for keeping us waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Dined here last Saturday evening 27th and had the most fantastic meal. Food is superb, service was fantastic and the ambience in the restaurant just superb.Will definitely be going again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and amazing cocktails!yummymummy2012Dined on 26/9/2014Fantastic food at the cuban. Can especially recommend the chorizo and beef burger! Great tapas dishes to have as a starter to share with a group of friends. Cocktail menu is awesome and massive choice of rum! Live cuban music adds a great ambience to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServerslondonalDined on 13/9/2014Arrived with 8 people on a Saturday night and i had only booked for 6. The hostess was brilliant and managed to move our table to a larger one and was very nice about it. cocktails were great Food was good but mains were on the small side. You definitely had to order sides if you want to leave full up. overall the experience was good and i would certainly go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the rum not the food!RachumDined on 13/9/2014The choice on drinks particularly the rum was outstanding and the cocktails were a hit in my book! However the choice on food was average and then when it came out, my dish was the chocolate and chorizo chilli beef....barely any rice, all of around a few teaspoons size, a small dollop of sour cream and the guacamole was as runny and tasteless. A friends meal came out half done the sweet corn cob was missing as was the slaw. This was bought out through request but the cob was stone cold to which my friend found out once he took a bite through it. This was requested to have a warm/hot one, they literally put in the microwave and blasted it with heat! Wasn't impressed & kept being served by different waiters. So no consistency.Special Features:
- Birthday treatalabamafizz12Dined on 23/8/2014My husband and I both really enjoyed our evening at the Cuban, I'd love to see more of these bars/clubs around the country.Special Features:
- Fab foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014The food at The Cuban is amazing, we were pleased we went to the restaurant early on in the evening as service became slightly disorganised. Please don't let that put you off though as it's worth it for the outstanding quality of the food. Not one complaint and high praise indeed amongst our diners.Special Features:
- Just okKelsterDined on 5/8/2014The decor and ambience were good, but the service was very slow and unfortunately the waiter did not know much about the food so could not really advise us on the ingredients etc. The sweet potato chips were covered in a mayonnaise type sauce which was quite sweet and would've been better as a side. The food was ok, but a bit bland if I'm honest and I'm glad I ordered 2 sides because the chicken quesadillas were tiny! A nice place, but sadly a chain so food not great. However, if you like Nando's, then you'll like this place too!Special Features:
- Gluten free optionBristolCDDined on 3/8/2014I visited the Cuban as it has gluten free options on the menu and it is a dietary requirement for me due to coeliac disease. GF food is easy to spot on the menu and a good variety to choose from and well priced. I had to order from the bar and a bit surprised that the ‘barmaid’ was not aware that people had to eat a gluten free diet for medical reasons, so a bit more in house training would help customers who request GF food. Saying that the table waitress was aware which food was GF and I did not have any problems with the meal. I will visit again but hopefully more advice will be given to the staff by the management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Food was good though I thought the nachos could have been better. Main meals were lovely. Coctails were great. The only thing that let The Cuban down was the service - or lack of service. We had to wait a long time even for our order to be taken. We got our starters before our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/7/2014A confused start with new card safe system and table allocation, service could have been a bit better but overal an experience well worth the niggles and good value for money. Don't expect to have a conversation with you guests once the DJ is working, can be loud but again atmospheric.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/7/2014Very good service and food, only downside is that we were sat next to the stage when the singer was on and it was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkieBDined on 18/7/2014This restaurant has a good menu choice and has an open feel. The welcome is warm but instead of being seated immediately the preference seems to be to direct you straight to the bar. OK if that's what you want to do, however on this occasion we had a theatre booking and would rather have gone straight to our table. Once seated, we were attended to politely and efficiently. The food was served quickly and was delicious. Not having eaten Cuban fare previously, my Wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The cocktails were tasty. My only gripe on the drinks front was the lack of an alcohol free beer as I was driving. Overall, can get noisy as the place begins to fill but good for couples, groups of friends, business dinners / nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingChantelleDined on 17/7/2014We went to the Cuban for a relaxing, chilled out evening, but seemed to have experienced the opposite. The food and music were superurb, but the service was dreadful. We were ignored, the food took an extremely long time and most of the staff spent their time stood around talking to eachother. If it wasn't for the service I would go back again, but in the future I will go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnercl37Dined on 12/7/2014Great food and service was fine once staff took our order after 20 mins of waiting. Too loud for romantic meal & cocktails very expensive for the amount of alcohol in them.Special Features:
- Brilliant placeBrilliantDined on 5/7/2014Brilliant atmosphere all night long in this restaurant, good place for good food or even just having a night of cocktails at the bar, and entertainment comes for free. You can get involved or just watch overall it's a brilliant night to have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place. Must go!EastyDined on 5/7/2014Had a really good experience on Saturday night. I can see why booking was required they were flat out. Our waitor teddy was keeping all the tables happy and didn't see any complaining. He has a really great attitude to waiting tables. The food was great portion sizes were big(how I like them). It tasted amazing, nice to have a steak that they are not afraid to cook rare when you ask for it!It wasn't the fastest cooking time but they all looked flat out in the kitchen . Overall a really fun evening. Good atmosphere thanks the entertainment . See you all again very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban RestaurantNubi76Dined on 30/6/2014Great food and explosive flavours. Rather lovely cocktails. Great atmosphere and food arrives together if in a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue and food was great!ms168bristolDined on 24/6/2014Seafood paella was amazing, plenty of drinks choice and great if you're in an big group of you. Definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun nightHungryDined on 21/6/2014Overall we had a good night. We ordered some tapas for main and wanted kebabs for our main. We were very disappointed to be told they didn't have any kebabs left. We picked something else. Then we waited and waited and waited. Then our lovely waitress came to apologise because we had been waiting so long. 20 mins later she came back with some complimentary bread and olives which helped our hungry bellies. Then 20 mins later our food finally arrived and it was lovely. The food was good value for money. The cocktails are expensive but delicious. Later we bumped into some friends and by this time they didn't have pork, steak or lamb shanks on the menu either. The dancing is so much fun to watch and join in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow'd by the music and atmosphereTerryDined on 20/6/2014Recommended by a friend and not disappointed.....The Cuban is a great place to go, the ambience was perfect and the choice of rum was mind boggling! Try a Cubanista if you have a sweet tooth for beer and the main course of Chocolate and Chorizo Chilli Beef is one I'd go back for. Overall a great place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was quite poorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 19/6/2014Nachos had awful American liquid cheese. Paella was tasteless and although full of seafood, the seafood was frozen. The King prawns were very good. Overall stick to the cuban bits of the menu but I am unlikely to go back.
- Disappointedchoc1969Dined on 14/6/2014After reading some great reviews I was very disappointed with The Cuban Bristol. Having traveled around Cuba and tasted some fine food the Cuban did not give me any pleasant memory reminders. The food was rather bland and could have done with some seasoning. It reminded me of a cheap Mexican restaurant rather than Cuban, but neither my friend and I tried the black beans. The fish cassolet wasn't anything to write home about and was bulked out with baby langoustines which my friend discovered had little meat on them and no way enhanced the dish. The cocktails were lacking in kick and far too pricey what little you had especially the mojitos which were a lot of ice and no substance. Probably won;t return.Special Features:
- Excellent hostessLovetolunchDined on 31/5/2014We had a lovely meal, service was great, steaks were very good. Only disappointment was the dreary guitarist. We expected lively music and dancing on a Saturday but will try another night next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!deoninbrisDined on 28/5/2014We went to The Cuban for our wedding anniversary. In short, the service, the ambience and the food were top notch. Food was flavourful and spicy - no blandness here - along with really generous portions. Well done, The Cuban. We will be backSpecial Features:
- FantasticSammalpasDined on 24/5/2014We went with friends the other evening and it was a fantastic atmosphere and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful holiday atmosphere!Luv2dineDined on 24/5/2014We have been here twice now and have had wonderful evenings both times. The food is amazing and the atmosphere fab. Makes you feel like your on holiday in the middle of the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/5/2014Second time I have been to The Cuban, first time for the live band and dancers, but heard they are not really interested to spend money on these, shame it was different from the other place.Special Features:
- Havana on AvonTullsViewDined on 22/5/2014Excellent evening with an atmospheric ambiance . The food and service were extremely good as were the choices both of food and drink. I will definitely visit again,Special Features:
- party4sixDined on 16/5/2014Had a great time. Went on a Saturday night and was a bit worried after reading bad reviews. Have to say it was fab. Service brilliant and dancing was such fun. Chocolate and chorizo chilli beef was amazing. Will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban DiningfoodloverDined on 26/4/2014The Cuban Bristol is an amazing experience and entertaining night out. It mixes good food, good value, and a night club/night out in one venue. Great tasting food and huge portions ensure you struggle to eat it all, but so tasty you don't want to leave it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the music!KarryDined on 25/4/2014Loved the music and decor. Had a lovely meal. Couldn't eat it all. Afterwards we danced the night away! We went as a group on a Friday and found it not so good for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Friday nightYummDined on 25/4/2014We turned up early for our booking and little fuss was made as they found us a table. The cocktail list is varied (and delicious) and the food menu we were simply spoilt for choice. We both had the same main meal but the only downside to this meal was the fact that we couldn't finish it! delicious food, lovely waiting staff and a buzzing, vibrant atmosphere for a Friday evening. The singers were brilliant and made the Cuban theme far more authentic. Would recommend and definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appalling serviceLg1404Dined on 25/4/2014After visiting the Cuban several times for cocktails, myself & 3 friends were really looking forward to trying the food. 2 of us ordered tapas to share & 2 ordered paella. The food came out in good time & looked lovely. However in the paella there were prawns uncooked (whole prawns that were still grey), muscles that weren't open & the rice was still hard. We informed the waiter & it was taken away straight away. However the 2 with tapas had to eat so that wouldn't go cold. No bread/olives was offered to the other 2, we had to ask for that. Service then went drastically downhill. We were constantly ignored, we asked if we could have some free cocktails to help the evening & we very rudely acknowledged which could have changed it aroundSpecial Features: