The Dock Kitchen
344 Ladbroke Grove
London, W10 5BUNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
The Dock Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dockkitchen.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 8962 1610
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12pm - 3pm; 7pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
A word from The Dock Kitchen
Located in a converted Victorian wharf building on London’s famed Ladbroke Grove, The Dock Kitchen is the West London restaurant venture of Stevie Parle, one of the capital’s most exciting young chefs. Trained at The River Café, Moro and Petersham Nurseries, Stevie has a nose for the new and a keenness to experiment, resulting in a spontaneous, exciting modern rustic menu, constantly changing and built around the best and most interesting ingredients that happen to land on The Dock Kitchen’s chopping board. Regenerated by Derwent London, The Dock Kitchen’s home overlooks the Grand Union Canal in one of the capital’s most cosmopolitan neighbourhoods. Many of the original features have been preserved and combined with a full display of Tom Dixon furnishings and lighting, a visual complement to the glorious food of the kitchen. Al fresco riverside dining is available during the summer months.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dock Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since 28 November 2013
fit for foodies (12)outdoor eating (12)good vegetarian options (10)special occasions (10)brunch (6)romance (5)sunday lunch (4)business meals (3)child friendly (2)Show More
- Great world adventurekitkatVIPDined on 20/11/2014Nothing can beat the variety and creativity of this neighbourhood gem, Thai fixed menu was great, and the a la carte had some tempting new dishes as well as the beloved biryani!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant and appealingnottinghilldinerDined on 29/10/2014Dock Kitchen is fabulous to look at and the food is excellent. It is a little too expensive for regular visits but great for a special occasion. Customers might be tempted to eat a fuller meal if the meal deal was a little cheaper.Special Features:
- Great mealcamcVIPDined on 4/8/2014We had an excellent set lunch at Dock Kitchen. The weather was good so we enjoyed their sunny veranda. The food was both interesting and excellent, with service from attentive and thoughtful staff. Despite opting for the lunch set, with wine and a few extras, the final bill was not cheap but very much worth it for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to its usual high standardskitkatVIPDined on 23/7/2014This eclectic restau really is the most fun inventive place. Themed set menus are great, but the portion of dips for two was a little parsimonious shall we say! Great warm staff, some more clued up than others, and a great terrace to eat out on a glorious summer night.Special Features:
- Outdoor lunch/early evening treatGDunn60Dined on 2/7/2014An unusual menu and a good wine list make this a good al fresco venue.Special Features:
- Wow! That was good!SplitLizzyVIPDined on 25/6/2014W8 is usually outside of my usual place to dine out but on the suggestion of a friend we decided to try Dock Kitchen which is situated on the canal. We arrived before 7pm and the restaurant only opens at 7 so we had drinks on the outside deck. A very decent bottle of NZ sauvignon blanc it was as well (£35). We chose to have the Indonesian set menu for £45. Service was also very good and friendly. It was excellent! I would definitely go out of my way and go back!
- excellent North kensington dinerfoodiefun1VIPDined on 19/6/2014an unchanging menu mixtures of the orient with good english ingredientsSpecial Features:
- neighbourhood restofoodiefun1VIPDined on 7/6/2014is just great. Lots of friends eating there Good attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Great placeSolondonVIPDined on 3/5/2014I want to go again soon as the food was very creative. I recommended itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it is sometimes difficultJoJoDined on 13/3/2014it is sometimes difficult to decide whether your enjoyment of an evening out is because of the food, the environment or the company. We had the Sri Lankan taster menu which was interesting and because I had never had this type of food before hard to say whether it was truly representative or well prepared. Overall the eating experience was OK but not exceptional. However, the ambience is nice and the service and welcome excellent. The Dock Kitchen is a bit hard to find if you are unfamiliar with the area and the website (with google street view) does not help. Quite expensive for what it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmptyYumyumDined on 6/3/2014Dock kitchen delivered great and interesting food as ever. Staff were polite and helpful Only 2 points of issue - the place was completely empty , maybe 3 or 4 tables occupied which was astonishing for a Thursday evening and meant the atmosphere wasn't the best, tho the building/interior itself is great - prices were pretty steep given it isn't fine dining Definitely one to try if you haven't beenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findMichaeljVIPDined on 19/2/2014Walked some 2 km to find this restaurant and we were not disappointed. Interesting cafe/kitchen type layout but the food is most interesting and varied. Very cosmoplolitan and extremey tasty. We had the steak and fish with tamarind and both were delicious and well prepared. Excellent knowleable service and good wine list. Would be great in the spring and summerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the area!bluerockstarDined on 10/2/2014I have previously been to this restaurant during the summer when there is outside seating - great on a nice warm day. I fell in love with the place, food and drinks then, and I am still in love with it now. Recently went there on a Monday, service was great, very attentive staff, the restaurant itself was beautiful - perfect lighting. The food was great and delicious: artichoke for starters, rabbit leg for main, and pistachio & nutmeg cake with saffron yoghurt and yuzu ice cream for dessert. The only downside (nothing major) was that to get the set menu, the whole table had to get it, and sadly the other dinner did not want it. Would definitely visit again and visit the Tom Dixon shop downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable local restaurantfoodiefun1VIPDined on 7/2/2014Gastronomically reliable resto at the top of Ladbroke Grove overlooks some water and the Innocent HQSpecial Features:
- consistently excellentfoodiefun1VIPDined on 21/1/2014with the subtle menu changes this is a place to go back to for its food and the locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu in chilled placefoodiefun1VIPDined on 16/1/2014Quite stark surroundings where dinners share the kitchen or the kitchen shares the dining room Interesting flavour combinations in all dishesSpecial Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the The Dock Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great meal!mardyscotDined on 31/10/2013Having been a long time ago when it was initially a pop up restaurant I thought I'd pop back as it's local to me and shamefully I hadn't been since. SO glad I did as the food was superb, a truly fabulous dining experience. I'll definitely be back in the not too distant future. One small thing though....I wish it wasn't quite so bright, a little dimmer lighting in the evening would make it just perfect ;0)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply excellentchrisversusVIPDined on 10/9/2013We have been going here more and more often as it is just so good. The menu changes pretty much every week, so there is always something new to try and it is always very inventive and interesting. The lamb I had on my last visit was out of this world delicious. Good winelist with an excellent house white that comes in under £20. Fab terrace for hot days or nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we expected83observercookDined on 4/9/2013The chef had been the featured cook for the first dinner at the Oxford Food Symposium this summer: We had a very interesting meal featuring 'do it yourself spicing' - so I was expecting lots. The restaurant is in a lovely setting and were happy to allow us to be late and to add an extra place. We sat outside which was fine but being september it was soon dark and cool. One tea candle for six is not enough light, although they were happy to bring two more. The starters were thought the best course but not that exciting - the courgette flower salad disappointed. The mains were OK but a bit pricey for what was basically three curries and two thought their grouse 'bitter'. Our girls were tired so we did not stay for dessertsSpecial Features:
- OriginalBeninlondonVIPDined on 27/8/2013Different to most places with canal side location and interesting gutsy cookingSpecial Features:
- Bliss...dondaVIPDined on 16/5/2013...which cannot be counted on one's fingers. This was the best, most relaxed, simplest yet most delicious meal I've had in ages - incredible flatbreads with sumac & za'atar were made to order at the outside kiln, brought unbidden to the table & wolfed down, the palourde clams with agretti were zingy & enticing, the onglet & supermodel-skinny fries with chilli & herbs were heroic & the salted caramel ice cream was the perfect epilogue. Nothing flashy, but spectacularly on-point cooking techniques plus tip-top ingredients (nespole, anyone?), wonderfully inconspicuous but warm service & a rare sun/rosé-drenched terrace berth overlooking the beautifully regenerated Portobello Dock all combined to make this a day to remember. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!JEG55Dined on 15/4/2013A very special dining experience. Not to be missed. Great food, great service. Wonderful flavors and combinations of ingredients and really fresh, quality fine food. You get the sense that everyone who works there is really enjoying being a part of such a special restaurant. The chef is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable Dock Kitchenfoodiefun1VIPDined on 25/3/2013WIth outdoor bread ovens and familiar foods enlivened with tastes of the Orient this is a favourite, Sensationally smiley serviceSpecial Features:
- love this but too expensivekitkatVIPDined on 12/3/2013best atmosphere in london, but it is getting too expensive!Special Features:
- Lovely weekend lunchAChanVIPDined on 9/3/2013Great food and lovely ambience, recommend the onglet steak and biryaniSpecial Features:
- geat cooking but getting complacentkitkatVIPDined on 29/1/2013one of my favourites with great set menus, but the prices are creeping up a bit, so what used to be a regular treat is now getting on to a rare indulgence, a shame.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed Dock Kitchen,HRWrightDined on 24/1/2013Really enjoyed Dock Kitchen, great food with some really big flavours in beautiful surroundings. Because of its location it's a bit of a trek to get to (unless you're lucky enough to live locally of course) so check the menu in advance to make sure it appeals if you're planning on having the tasting menu for the whole table. Service was delightful and the room has a great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A brilliant spotAPW1VIPDined on 23/12/2012Near Notting Hill & Little Venice - on the cannal. Real interesting well prepared food with fusion feel. But in a really good way!Special Features:
- great food as always but theynottinghilldinerDined on 19/12/2012great food as always but they charged us for the water - normally we get chilled tap water without charge. the prices are high enough! Don't charge for chilled water - give it to us free, as you normally do.Special Features:
- Dock Kitchen was fantastic,JeffersDined on 2/12/2012Dock Kitchen was fantastic, a bit out of the way but worth while, food and ambience was charming and met the chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stylishnottinghilldinerDined on 2/10/2012always a good experience, but pls bring back the lunch deal. otherwise, way too expensive for anything but once a yearSpecial Features:
- A lovely lunch on the canalArielDined on 30/9/2012Dock kitchen was a nice surprise. We went for lunch on a Sunday and there's a pleasant atmosphere. The menu was a little difficult to decipher at first, but the food is good. Service could be a little more efficient especially when it gets very busy, but they are always friendly so you tend to forgive them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastern Englishfoodiefun1VIPDined on 27/9/2012terrific range of exotic ingredients to make simple and exciting dishes. Some credit that my Indian guests chose the chicken biryani and said that they had never had betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantjollsterDined on 20/9/2012Dock Kitchen has interesting, original food in a fun, funkly environment. Great, motivated staff are truly interested in the food and in your enjoyment of it. A cool crowd. We have eaten there 6 or 7 times without a single bad dish - all the food is very seasonal and fresh - not heavy. Please don't go - it is hard enough getting a table already...Special Features:
- A hidden gemvalcovDined on 9/9/2012I am very impressed with The Dock Kitchen, which is a lovely restaurant, especially if the weather is nice and you sit outside. The service was first rate - friendly and accommodating without being in-your-face. The food is excellent, the wine list is good and the ambience is relaxing. I'll definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and unique conceptsnowbirdVIPDined on 5/9/2012Food was good. Service was attentive. Perfect for our casual catch-up lunch with something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectations for outlook,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 31/8/2012Beyond expectations for outlook, service, food and wine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's go again soon!yumyumDined on 15/8/2012Great place with exciting challenging menu. We had set menu which feels a tad spenny- but is a massive culinary adventure of lots of different tastes. Staff are all really lovely and passionate about food- as well as very knowledgeable. Restaurant does feel noisy but our table closer to the wall was better this week- versus up against the windows. Love the lighting and the simple flower decorations. Need an excuse to go again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good overall. NothingTrickyDined on 15/8/2012It was good overall. Nothing particularly outstanding. Friendly service.Special Features:
- Best in LondonkitkatVIPDined on 14/8/2012Food great, ESP set menus, but atmosphere the best. Generous portions but prices creeping upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.