The Ewe and Lamb
68 Hanbury Road
Worcestershire, B60 4DNNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Ewe and Lamb
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eweandlambbromsgrove.com/
- Phone: 01527871929
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday, 10:00AM - 11:45AM. Lunch: Monday - Sunday, 12:00PM - 6:00PM. Dinner: Monday - Sunday, 6:00PM - 9:30PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, British
- Executive Chef: Stephen Ballard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from The Ewe and Lamb
The all new Ewe & Lamb delivers an exciting unique eating and drinking concept to Bromsgrove which we’re sure you’ll be delighted with! The bar and restaurant offers a wide variety of the finest in modern British cuisine with Mediterranean influences ranging from light bites to restaurant style food including classic char grills and appetising fish dishes. These are prepared using fresh and preferably local produce accompanied with a tempting selection of real ales and fine wines. Whether it is a drink in the bar, a brunch or light lunch, a quick bite after work or a full a la carte dinner, the Ewe & Lamb aims to deliver a bar and restaurant experience everyone will enjoy through an excellence of food, the quality of service and surroundings which are stylish and contemporaryContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ewe and Lamb - Best restaurants in Bromsgrove ›
The Ewe and Lamb reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (64)fit for foodies (43)sunday lunch (43)outdoor eating (41)group bookings (39)business meals (31)child friendly (28)outstanding value (27)brunch (23)good vegetarian options (20)romance (19)disabled access (19)afternoon tea (9)pre/post theatre (3)Show More
- Service and Volume of NoiseSkimbleDined on 12/9/2014The starter of sardines was overcooked returned to the kitchen and replaced with another start of sardines which was hot & cooked properly. The waitress who brought our main courses plonked them down on the table and walked off without asking if we wanted anything else. One of the party did not have any cutler with which to eat the main course and was unable to catch the waitress before she vanished. One of the party had to go up to the bar to ask for cutlery. the noise volume was so high it was almost impossible to hear my table companion speak. We have eaten at The Ewe and Lamb on many occasions over the years but I am not inclined to eat at The Ewe and Lamb again.
- Vastly Needs Improving!SEA23Dined on 9/9/2014If it wasn't for the politeness and service provided by the staff, I would have rated this 1 star. The food was of a very low standard and I feel overpriced for what is provided. Whoever was cooking on the night I visited, needs some re-training. The steak was way overcooked. I had asked for medium rare and it came closer to being well done. The potato fondant was rock hard and dry, the cannelloni (for the life of me I cannot imagine who would put this with a steak!), was quite obviously frozen and after being cooked; all the water from the mushrooms soaked the plate. It was flavourless and looked extremely unappetising. Thankfully the staff redeemed the evening by kindly offering to scratch it off the bill; which was greatly appreciated.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Did not find the creamed swede mash edible, amazed to find sea bass stuffed by cutting open the the top of the fish as opposed to underside- thought food was prepared by a chef who knew what they were doing!!, heavily over cooked chips greasy, pork rib eye was dry and over cooked and resembled chicken not pork
- Didn't meet expectationAlwaDined on 6/9/2014My family have eaten here a lot and ave about the food. What we ordered was disappointing. I expected freshly cooked food but I think it was all pre prepared stuff ready for reheating. Not a fan of that type of "cooking"Special Features:
- Food blandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 30/8/2014The noise level was high, very busy and the Chicken Coavan was overpriced with only small piece of chicken and the sauce was bland, whole menu seemed expensive.
- Well presented foodJuereviewDined on 22/8/2014We visited the Ewe&Lamb on Thursday evening and have been there many times at lunch time. The food was well presented and tasted good. The waiting staff were attentive and pleasant. We were hoping for a quiet meal out but unfortunately we were placed next to a large table of about 12 people and their 5 children kept going out to the play area and back in to the table running past our table. This you do not expect at 9pm at this restaurant. I know the parents should be making sure their children behave well in a restaurant but I would have preferred to have been seated somewhere else or warned that there would be a large -possibly noisy party - next to us (as other restaurants have in the past ..giving us chance to book another evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningdorsetdameDined on 9/8/2014Our party of five had drinks in the bar before moving to our table. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was well presented and everyone enjoyed their meals (mains and desserts) very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLuv2dine2Dined on 27/7/2014Recommended by a friend. Very impressed with the on-line booking facility. Although we went on a busy Sunday, it was easy to get a table. Food was excellent, although we did have a long wait, but as we were not in a hurry, this did not matter. It was a lovely day, and people were eating outside as well as in, so the staff were extremely busy. Waitresses were very pleasant and helpful. All in all, an enjoyable experience. We will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaturdaydinersDined on 26/7/2014We ate off the Specials early dining menu. Quality of food was very good and service was efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Super EveningLorriDined on 19/7/2014It was our first visit to this restaurant and it won't be our last. The food we had was lovely. The two men chose the fish and chips and both said how good it was. The fish was fresh and very tasty with lovely light batter. My friend chose the Coq au Vin which she said was delicious and I had the Pork Tenderloin wrapped in Pancetta which again was superb. The restaurant has a nice ambience and the service was good.Special Features:
- WebsterDined on 14/7/2014Once again The Ewe and Lamb provided a good meal at an affordable price. The staff are six star!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ewe and LambChallyDined on 8/7/2014Good food, pretty good value but the service left a little to be desired. We were quickly ushered to our table and there was almost a panic to ensure that we ordered a drink. We then waited and waited. We had to eventually get someone to take our order. The service did not get much better as the meal progressed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SignerDined on 5/7/2014We had a wonderful night thank you to the staff food very high quality choice goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Staff and food always 5* A must if your in the area.Special Features:
- Disappointing saladkatybDined on 3/7/2014I know a lot of salads are disappointing, but the Chicken Caesar salad was particularly "limp". In fact it wasn't really a Caesar salad as there was no croutons or parmesan and since when does it contain tomatoes? I actually chose this dish as I thought it wouldn't have tomatoes as I don't eat them and they are always wasted. When my friends received their meals they looked nice and fresh and tasty, but I got a bowl of limp lettuce and a small chicken breast with lots of dressing and tomatoes, I wasn't impressed. The price however, was what I would have expected to pay for a proper Caesar salad. I thought I would make up for my disappointing main course with a dessert, but unfortunately, my choice, the chocolate brownie, wasn't available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garryDined on 29/6/2014Food lovely, but over an hour to wait for a basic starter on a pre booked table was to long.Special Features:
- Birthday treat!goodfoodieDined on 21/6/2014Had a wonderful family meal to celebrate my husband's birthday. It felt a special occasion and the staff were very attentive despite being extremely busy. Food was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, poor foodLove2eatDined on 21/6/2014The service was poor - slow, unfriendly, gave us the wrong bill. The food was overcooked and slow arriving.
- Great food...great gardenHappyeaterDined on 5/6/2014Booked a table for 7 people - very good menu especially the set price menus (2 courses for £11) goods selection on the kids menu too and goods portion sizes. Food was served quickly but unfortunately NOT with a smile. The staff were very efficient just not overly friendly. The garden is great and our 2 kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend it - superb food!!Special Features:
- All ages catered for.RaceyDined on 2/6/2014I have regularly brought friends of all ages to the Ewe and Lamb and have never been disappointed. The food in particular is excellentSpecial Features:
- Great food - eventuallyPassionforServiceDined on 1/6/2014We dined at the Ewe and Lamb with our 4 daughters and their partners. Initially, service was great with a drinks order being taken as soon as we were shown to our reserved table. Food order was taken as soon as the drinks were brought over. It was a fairly simple order - 6 Sunday roasts and 2 other meals. After quite a while - and having not seen the waitress since ordering - we were informed that as we hadn't ordered starters we should expect to wait longer for our food because they were "busy outside". Food was great when it eventually arrived, but after 10 minutes we had to seek out a member of staff to ask for our side dishes of vegetables. This is.a great place to dine if you're prepared to tolerate inattentive service.Special Features:
- munch2eatDined on 29/5/2014A lovely friendly atmosphere and good staff happy to help the food was great too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diniDined on 29/5/2014Very friendly staff and great food! Good selection on the menu!Special Features:
- A bit mixedZiggyDined on 24/5/2014Food was delightful, well cooked and presented, and the early evening set menu was really good value. However, the table was dirty, with old crumbs and a blob of tomato sauce, and the cutlery was sticky. Our fellow diners had very noisy little children, but then it was early evening. The toilets were dirty and neglected.Special Features:
- Really Good Value!SimonHDined on 24/5/2014I booked a table for 6 early on a Saturday evening. We were given a warm welcome when we arrived and seated at our table. I was surprised that on a Saturday evening there was a very reasonably priced offer menu with a good choice of food and we all chose from that. Food and service was excellent an beer excellently kept too. Fantastic value and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good valueWoolymilesDined on 21/5/2014We have been a few times to Ewe and Lamb it just gets better the food is excellent and with the set menu very good value . The staff are very goodSpecial Features:
- sunday lunchmcinikDined on 11/5/2014Excellent Sunday Beef Roast. flavoursome, good portion sizing. in comparison the dessert's were ok but not fabulous. Service was good and staff pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant afternoonSweetpeaDined on 11/5/2014My family and I went for Sunday lunch at the Ewe and Lamb last week. The food choice was varied, we all ordered the roast beef - which tasted lovely. The service was prompted and friendly, but not in your face. Overall a very pleasant experience, would definitely visit again and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal with friendsRumbletumDined on 10/5/2014I liked the variety on the menu. If you want something a bit different it's there but if you prefer something a bit more traditional that's there too. All served by friendly helpful staff. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday LunchWillowDined on 5/5/2014We had an excellent meal bank holiday monday. The specials menu included a delicious pasta dish. I would recommend this is added to the main menu. The prawn starter was fabulous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/4/2014Ambience a stong point. Staff friendly. Food really disappointing, especially since this was an eightieth birthday / late \mother's/\day celebration - and as we had been recommended to eat here.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 29/4/2014a good place to meet friends-good choice and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good-should have ordered extra vegOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/4/2014Have enjoyed eating here before with adults but not taken teenagers. Some meal choices need side orders of extra veg and we regretted not ordering them. Perhaps staff could suggest when taking orders that some meals do not have potatoes, for example. Lovely food for foodies like me. Well cooked and presented. Would definitely go again but probably not with hungry teens!Special Features:
- DissapointedReviewerDined on 21/4/2014We attended the ewe and lamb on bank holiday Monday as a party of 3. We ordered from the set menu. This is the second occasion on which we have ordered from the set menu at the ewe and lamb, the first being disasterous, but we decided to have a second attempt. We ordered the chicken and bacon terrine, it was rubbery and tasteless. The slice of bread accompanying the terrine was approximately a third of the size of the terrine itself. One terrine was taken off the bill. Next we had the chicken breast with peas carrots in a jus. Unfortunately what arrived was chicken drowned in a gravy type sauce with peas and carrots floating around. Awful. The service was good and the waiting staff fantastic.
- Sticky tables1972dinerDined on 18/4/2014Nice pub but very noisy. Lots of children ( some parties going on) . Which is fine in the day time but when you go out for an evening meal it's nice to be able to hear what other people on your table are saying. We asked to be moved and did to more children! The tables all need re coating with varnish because even when we asked for ours to be cleaned it was still horrible. Food was ok, nothing special. We had the two course menu and were disappointed in the portion size. Would we go again? Don't think so as there are lots more pubs with better value for money.
- Good Value-early evening eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/4/2014Service very good. Good food on early evening special menu. Puddings very good. Kids can have smaller versions of desserts from main menu. Nice pint of Enville Ale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the Ewe and LambGrinder1Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent night out to celebrate a birthday. Excellent food and good service in a pleasant atmosphere. To be recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, not specialHollilyric1982Dined on 4/4/2014The food at the Ewe and Lamb comes with a hefty price tag and although it was nice, it was far from value for money. The place was heaving and we had to ask if our table was ready and could we we be seated. Within 1 minute we were asked if ready to order and it then took 20 minutes to catch the attention of someone. Drinks were ordered 3 times during the meal before they arrived. I enjoyed the food. I had ribeye steak with bearnaise sauce (not sure why they call this a tarragon hollandaise on the menu) and once I'd disassembled the Jenga style tower of chips covered in a pointless balsamic reduction, it tasted nice. The steak wasn't seasoned though and let it down. For dessert I had tirumisu which again was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Son's 18th BirthdayWilkeseyWomanDined on 1/4/2014Had a lovely night with my Son for his 18th Birthday. This was just a get together with Family prior to the big day!! Enjoyed by all. We had a nice secluded spot with just our table in so it was away from everybody else which is good for a special occasion. Very enjoyable evening. Thank you Elaine WilkesSpecial Features:
- Great Mothers Day!CBCBDined on 30/3/2014This was a group booking for 12 of us celebrating Mothers Day - the staff were friendly and helpful at every turn - really looked after us - the food was delicious - and plenty of it - service was a little slow - but the place was extremely busy - and the drinks were flowing so we didn't really notice. Great time - will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.