The Fleet at Twyning
Tewkesbury, GL20 6DFNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Fleet at Twyning
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefleetattwyning.co.uk/
- Phone: 01684 274020
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:Monday to Sunday 10:00am to 11:45am
Lunch:Monday to friday12:00pm to 3pm
Dinner:Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 9:30pm
lunch / dinner Saturday 12pm- 9.30pm
sunday lunch 12pm-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Ben Hyde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Fleet at Twyning
The newest edition to the Wadworth Estate. The Fleet at Twyning offers the perfect surroundings for all occasions with cosy warm log fires during the Winter and glorious sun terrace beside the river during the warmer months but the warmest welcome is waiting for you from our team. When you walk through the door, you'll feel the warm, relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy brunch, lunch, a quick bite after work, a social gathering, a celebration, a business lunch, a private dinner or just for a few quiet drinks. Why not stay a while in one of our beautifully appointed rooms.. Serving a variety of quality fresh meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, premium draught lagers, fantastic Wadworth real ales and a superb selection of wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Fleet at Twyning - Best restaurants in Tewkesbury ›
The Fleet at Twyning reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since 24 November 2013
outdoor eating (36)sunday lunch (26)child friendly (19)special occasions (16)business meals (16)brunch (13)group bookings (11)fit for foodies (11)afternoon tea (8)good vegetarian options (7)romance (7)disabled access (5)outstanding value (5)Show More
- Sunday evening mealSTewkesDined on 9/11/2014Four of us enjoyed a very good meal at the Fleet on Sunday evening. The chips were fantastic! The waitress was able to inform me about gluten free choices on the menu and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're going again - soon!beerloversDined on 26/10/2014My wife and I went here last Sunday for the very first time. Friends had recommended it as lovely in the summer, because it is right beside the river, but last weekend was dark and damp. We need not have worried; the Inn was warm, welcoming and very easy to find. I had the duck rillettes and the Hereford beef. The rillettes were delicious, and a perfect size for a starter. The beef, however, was outstanding. It was beautifully tender, and cooked perfectly. The side-dish of vegetables was perefect, and whatever the chef had done to the red cabbage worked, it was delicious. We are so impressed that we were planning when we might go again as we were leaving.Special Features:
- I would visit againHappydinerDined on 12/10/2014I enjoyed my Seabass and sautéed new potatoes but my son was not quite so happy about his nut roast. Both desserts were delicious but we initially had to wait for three quarters of an hour between ordering and our meal actually arriving and then the vegetables arrived almost 5 minutes later. Apart from that the service was good and I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in partsBoncathDined on 4/10/2014It's a nice place, with very pleasant staff and a scenic location. In general the food is very good value. On this occasion, I had crab linguine, as did a friend. It was tasty, but really it should have been called 'Linguine with a faint suspicion of crab': I think a crab may have been waved in its general direction!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 26/9/2014Arrived t find out that fod was not served after 3pm on Fridays despite website saying it was open all day However the staff were fantasic trying to help. The chef stayed late ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Lovely surroundings and good food, but service was very slow. With a 3 year old hungry child, it was not ideal to have to wait nearly an hour after ordering to receive our food.Special Features:
- Beautiful LocationRachaelSDined on 31/8/2014We had never visited before but decided to book for my sisters birthday. Our first opinion was that it was stunning, with it's huge garden over looking the river and lovely views. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The service started off well and food did not take too long to arrive. The food was delicious and the whole group commented on how good it was. Even my 3 year old demolished her Sunday Roast. Our service then seemed to come to a stop. We had all finished and waited and waited for our plates to be cleared. We were hoping to have dessert and coffee but no one came to ask us that either, we gave up waiting and headed into the garden and had a few more drinks. Lost money for the Fleet due to the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchYummyDined on 31/8/2014Very good food and good portions, but there were 10 in our group and no courses all came out together, the sweet for two of us did not arrive until the others had finished eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed and friendly ,good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014A local internet search brought this lovely riverside pub to our attention whilst on a short break based at Tewkesbury. We were made very welcome in the airy but still cosy interior but noticed plenty of riverside tabes outside for warmer afternoons . Tne service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive . The menu was not huge but what we ate was fresh and well cooked. The beer battered cod and chips delicious. The real ale was tasty and we'll kept . There was an extensive and reasonably priced wine list too. Heartily recommended to anyone in the area and five minutes drive from the Puckrup Hall Hilton where we were staying .Special Features:
- Enjoyed our lunchJoshfanDined on 29/7/2014Four different meals and starters well presented and enjoyed. Friendly service in beautiful surroundings cappuccinos were lukewarm but otherwise everything was perfect, staff were very busy serving as the weather was beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not geared up for summersarahstealth666Dined on 25/7/2014Arrived to be told there was no booking in our name even though we had email confirmation and a reminder email! The service was ridiculously slow. The pub is beautiful and has a lovely outside area which was full as it was such a warm day however they just don't seem to have factored this in to the number of staff on duty. The food was lovely as always but we had to wait so long we gave up on having a pudding. We weren't the only table facing these issues.Special Features:
- Good food spoilt by poor servicesteve5Dined on 24/7/2014Ordered a bread starter and sea bass. Main course took 70 minutes to arrive. Frustrating, as others around us arrived later and were served more promptly. Queried the delay with three different people and never really sensed they cared too much. No explanation given why our meal took so long, seemed to suggest it was because we had a starter but time from finishing our starter to arrival of main course was 50 minutes. Did not stay for deserts!
- Overall excellence!BillionaticDined on 22/7/2014Straightforward booking for a difficult mix (92yr old to 3month old through all four generations), asked for a reasonably secluded space with a river view and were given it with a friendly welcome and personal greeting. Perfect. Mains as ordered, timely and 90% great quality - one Salad was over dressed and therefore not quite the healthy option expected, no worries we swapped internally. Desserts took far too long to arrive, but the restaurant was busy both in and outside, and one integral ingredient was reported not available after 20mins, properly apologised for. Overall good value for food, we cannot comment on drinks prices as we were all driving and only took soft drinks or water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and AtmosphereAneveningoutDined on 19/7/2014The Fleet is a pub and restaurant with friendly staff who are efficient and provide good service without being overly attentive. I have eaten here a few times now and each meal has been delicious. I can recommend the battered cod and the specials are normally good without being overpriced.The views are splendid across the river and on occasions they have events and live music.The beer is kept well and there are numerous options.All in all good value food at a lovely location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/7/2014Fantastic location, but it was a shame the food quality was not up to the standard expected in relationship to price charged. I sensed there was a shortage of staff in all departments possibly because it was rather busy.
- Awful experience for Father's Daychappers8Dined on 15/6/2014We arranged to go for Father's Day, took an hour for the food to arrive half of it was missing on the plates, a staff member was very rude to my 5 year old daughter when trying to speak to the manager about this she was very abrupt and didn't really have the time to deal with us althouh was given a discount of the meal doesn't replace Father's Day for my partner and father!!
- Decent lunch but expensiveSmm1309Dined on 25/5/2014Booked Sunday lunch here as we were at a wedding up the road later in the day, so booked for proximity really. Four had Sunday roast which was nice enough but a bit skimpy on the veg and only a dribble of gravy over the meat. For a main course at £11.50 I'd expect something special and it wasn't. Mother in law had sole and it was the tiniest fillet I've ever seen although she said it was tasty. Service was good and the pub is great for outside dining so I would give it another go on a sunny day. Lunch at the other pub in the village is £6.95 so on a Sunday i would try that out instead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food in beautiful location.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/5/2014A large group of us had a meal here and the layout of the restaurant meant we had a little area all to ourselves which was nice. There was a good range of options on the menu and the food was lovely. Everyone's food was hot and served in good time after ordering. My only very slight criticism is of the service - as much as we don't want to be harassed by the staff it would have been nice if they were a little more attentive. We had to go and find them to ask for more drinks and again at the end to ask for the bill. Any contact we did have with the staff was very pleasant though. All in all, a lovely restaurant and good food, will definitely come back soon.Special Features:
- Terrible in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 18/5/2014Rude owner. Food was in edible, extremely slow service. Total chaos around the bar and food ordering area.
- Great EveningFoodiesDined on 16/5/2014We took some friends there from USA and they were impressed with the location, food and general ambiance of the whole place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkirstie3792Dined on 9/5/2014Went to the Fleet on a Friday evening for dinner. Food was fantastic, freshly cooked, good portion sizes and ver tasty. There was a varied menu with a selection of fish dishes as specials. The service was excellent and the waitress very attentive. We will definitely go again and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed EveningBlissful2Dined on 3/5/2014Having booked a table at The Fleet we were pleased to find a window table reserved for us with a lovely view of the river on a slightly chilly evening. Too cold to have sat outside so our table was the next best thing. Staff were pleasant and the food was delicious if a little slow in arriving. Not a real problem as we had all evening to relax. We will definitely be booking again and will take friends with us too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/4/2014We had Sunday lunch here, the staff were very attentive and the food was excellent. no issues!Special Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/4/2014Very good food loved the area that the restaurant is based right by the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy MummyHarley2Dined on 18/4/2014At last minute just before Easter remembered the Fleet - hadn't visited since its restoration after the fire. Had excellent meal with husband and adult son and will certainly eat here every time that we have visitors to stay. I would feel okay bringing my young grandchildren here as well as people with more sophisticated tastes. The menu was varied - my Cornish Crab was comparable with a Rick Stein's offering. The only thing that was annoying was obtrusive music played through loudspeaker directly overhead. Mentioned this to staff and was immediately given another table and the music was turned down. Couldn't do betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family meetingJonhampoDined on 12/4/2014Excellent service, good food and wine, children's portions available. A wonderful setting, tasteful decor inside, superb riverside views outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchDH32Dined on 6/4/2014An extra table had been added in an inaccessible position in a main gangway. Protest brought an offer of seating added partially blocking afire exit. An unfortunate start that was quickly dispelled by friendly service and good food. Our guests were satisfied, but slightly disappointed being unable to enjoy the riverside view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We we're lead to believe thatGeorgieDined on 5/4/2014We we're lead to believe that we could use voucher £12 for two meals but it was dated Saturday 5th but was not accepted we were able to get £5 off the bill but thought the voucher was misleading. The meal was good and hot and the service was good, I would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadcandpDined on 5/4/2014Refurbished to a high standard - very comfortable, excellent ambience. The menu was a bit limited for us. We ordered Belly Pork - only 1 vegetable - green beans - and they had just been shown the hot water. We don't like overcooked veg but these were completely raw and inedible. Other than that though, the pork was well cooked, everything full of flavour and we did enjoy. We complained about the beans, the waitress apologised profusely and said she'd report to the chef. However, nothing was said when we went to pay and no allowance had been made on the bill. We were not even offered a complimentary coffee. Probably will go there again but won't rush back. Shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleet was sadly not a 'Treat'.BazzaDined on 27/3/2014We had been to the 'Fleet' previously and relished the idea of a further visit. We chose the 2 x 'mains' for £12.00 and were sadly very disappointed with the 'size' of our meals. Whilst I did realise that we were having the daily 'special offer' I did not expect our meals to be roughly the size of a starter. Taste was fine, but fish and chips (with 8 chips) albeit beautifully presented, does not amount to a 'main' meal. We had visited the 'Air Balloon' at Birdlip the previous lunchtime and took the daily '2 for £10.00' - might I suggest the 'Fleet' manager visits that particular establishment to see what 'main' meals should be like. Come on 'Fleet' you can do better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service slow!OliverDined on 24/3/2014Considering there were only a few people dining, the service was extremely slow. We then had to chase up as two meals did not contain what was stated on the menu. We did not get an apology for this. The food is very good though and I would recommend visiting because of this. Just be aware the sweet potato chips seem to be missing from the menu which is a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evningFoodiesDined on 22/3/2014We were greeted with a smile and treated well throughout our visit by the staff who were all very friendly. The choice from the menu is always difficult as we know everything is going to taste great, and the wine is excellent as well. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:
- Date nightvikka7Dined on 15/3/2014It's perfect here for a date night. My partner and I love it. Lovely atmosphere and great food. The perfect location too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food shame about the serviceElderly49Dined on 14/2/2014Knowing how the owner prides himself on service in his pubs this left us very disappointed on what was a special night out. Sorry but this was not up to the standard we have come to expect. Hope this is not a trend that would send us elsewhere and anyone should take this into consideration when bookingSpecial Features:
- Standard - Not What I ExpectedQuantemTwoDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere/ambience was relaxed and comfortable. Staff and service was pretty much faultless, everyone was friendly and welcoming. However food was just okay; the quality and quantity of the food, I felt was not worth the money paid.Special Features:
- We visited (not for the firstAndyGDined on 26/1/2014We visited (not for the first time) for Sunday lunch and really enjoyed it - including the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service , OK foodMooee221Dined on 17/1/2014Had dinner here on the 17th Jan 2014 . Very quiet with about 12 diners all night and 4 of them were us ! So the atmosphere was non existent , Both my wife and myself had the ham, egg and chips which was just OK not the best ham, egg and chips I have had and not the worst but definetly the most expensive . Our friends had the fish and chips and the other had the liver . The liver was very good but again expensive for what it was . The fish and chips again expensive and not worth the money . Waitress was brilliant her banter with us made the evening for us but sadly the food was a big let down .
- good food, shame about the steakcrossbreezeDined on 27/12/2013Had a lovely meal here. Just two of us. Was quiet in the pub, so we got good service, food was lovely, although after specifically describing how I wanted my steak (somewhere between blue and rare), it STILL came out as medium. However, the meat was good, as was the veg and chips. Asked if we wanted coffees, we asked for Irish, and our waitress had to check "if they had some". As it happened, the barman made a tasty and beautifully presented coffee. To sum up, this is a pub/restaurant with ideas above its station. The food is good, but not what you are led to expect. And the staff are lovely if a little under trained. Go here to get a good feed In a relaxing atmosphere, don't go if you expect a restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationdeanclaretDined on 24/12/2013I had planned a birthday celebration meal for xmas eve which is my wife's birthday.Unfortunately I had no reply from the restaurant to my email sent 3-4 weeks earlier about whether any special arrangements were available to celebrate this during the meal etc.We had a very enjoyable meal in a relaxed atmosphere with excellent food.The restaurant manager / owner ? realised that no one had replied to my email towards the end of our meal and offered to produce a dessert / firework at our table .This was appreciated but was not quite what I had in mind.Otherwise a very positive experience and we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent venueVonnieDined on 13/12/2013We had a pre-Christmas lunch that was excellent. The Menu was varied and the standard of service matched the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.