The Garden Room Restaurant at Stoke Place Hotel
Buckinghamshire, SL2 4HTNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £41 and over
The Garden Room Restaurant at Stoke Place Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stokeplace.co.uk/
- Phone: 01753534790
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:15pm
Afternoon Tea: Monday - Sunday: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 7:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Craig Van Der Meer <b>Restaurant Manager</b>: Jacob Bartlomiejczyk
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Garden Room Restaurant at Stoke Place Hotel
The Garden Room, with beautiful views across Capability Brown's designed gardens, serves seasonal, contemporary, British food created with the best quality, locally sourced ingredients. Awarded 3 Rosettes from the AA Restaurant Guide, AA Notable Wine List, Recommended in the Michelin Guide and an excellent rating of 4 in the last two editions of the Good Food Guide, the offering reflects a "dedicated, focused approach to cooking, good classical skills and high quality ingredients". Award Cocktail Winning Garden Bar, next door to the restaurant, is ideal for business lunches on a tight schedule, lazy afternoons on the terrace or cocktails in the evening. Open from 10am to 11pm Sunday through to Thursday and 10am to 12am Friday and Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Garden Room Restaurant at Stoke Place Hotel - Best restaurants in Stoke Poges ›
The Garden Room Restaurant at Stoke Place Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (5)fit for foodies (5)romance (3)sunday lunch (2)child friendly (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- great food, shocking serviceClebsDined on 21/4/2014The people that served us seemed to live on planet zorg, polite however gormless, slow and barely spoke english.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NigeDined on 20/4/2014Had to look for someone to give us directions to the bar as the hotel was quiet. Nice view from the bar over the grounds and towards a lake. The bar and Garden Room restaurant are looking tired and in need of some TLC, the Garden Room has bare wood floors and echoes. The fixed price Easter menu offered a good variety of food over three courses, portions were not generous but were very tasty and well presented, the service was timely and professional. A good selection of wine, though a little pricey, and we were given the opportunity to sample a selection before making our choice. The young staff are friendly, professional, and well trained. An enjoyable meal in a lovely location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed serviceCollinson302Dined on 15/11/2013Seated in the bar area and appeared to have been forgotten. First two wines selected they did not have, tried to offer us a non chilled bottle. Once we moved into the restaurant we had a great lady looking after us, so the experience improved. As for the decor in the garden room cannot not say it appeals to me, so that would make us think twice before returning. However the food was good, not on the Artichoke standard but getting thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the The Garden Room Restaurant at Stoke Place Hotel reviews archive.
- Wonderful!TeeJayDined on 28/9/2013Took my friend to The Garden Room for Champagne Afternoon Tea as a birthday present and it was absolutely lovely. Delicious champagne and food, outstanding service and beautiful setting. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Champagne TeaJoshDined on 27/9/2013Food and service were barely passable; venue was run down and poorly furnished. Mistakes were made on the bill......entirely disappointing.
- Very average at bestZeppoDined on 8/9/2013Service poor - 2 menus with limited choice and all diners have to choose from only one of the two menus. Food - average at best with too much focus on "clever" support acts (still haven't worked out what the tasteless, yellow spongy thing that came with the Hake was?). It feels like they should focus on buying good core ingredients and preparing them well - instead the scallops were over-cooked and appeared to be frozen. Wine choice huge - but they don't have a lot of it available. Ours was, but after initial pouring the bottle was left in an ice bucket away from the table.............they didn't top-up so we had to walk to collect! Decidedly average.....gardens were nice!
- Garden Room Stoke PlaceDannyDined on 2/8/2013The Garden Room has become something of a regular destination for us. We are not in the habit of writing restaurant reviews but,at the prompting of Toptable, felt compelled to put fingers to keyboard. Our recent visit is the latest in a line of outstanding meals at great value for money. The chef and kitchen team are truly talented in our opinion; they are capable of producing meals that compare with the very best in the wider locality. We have eaten at places such as The Fat Duck,Le Manoir and the Cliveden restaurants in the past - so this is no small claim. No kitchen can operate without front of house talent and Jakob and his team provide the best in attentive but unobtrusive service. We would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quietly elegantHoody2shoesDined on 20/5/2013We had a thoroughly lovely evening on our anniversary. We had expected to be the only people in the place as it was a Monday evening, but there were six tables booked that night. The atmosphere was quiet and we liked the decor. Felt that the evening was made by super-efficient service (even though we waited a while between courses, it was never too long), beautifully presented, tasty food and our chat with the lovely couple who sat next to us!Special Features:
- Excellent food. Small portionsDisappoinredDined on 1/5/2013Excellent food. Small portions but sufficient. Superb waitress. Reception staff were unwelcoming and unfriendly. Bar staff seemed inexperienced or untrained. Generally miserable. I won't recommend to others or make another booking.Special Features:
- Excellent service & foodRJP123Dined on 21/4/2013Friendly, helpful and attentive-without-being-overbearing staff coupled with excellent value, high-quality food in delightful surroundings meant that I enjoyed an extremely pleasant lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealStevedDined on 9/3/2013We had a really lovely meal in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is without doubt someBazODined on 14/2/2013This is without doubt some of the best cooking around at the moment with Michelin star written all over it and I am sure if this restaurant was in the west end there would be a long waiting list for a table. I have been twice now for lunch and each time the food was outstanding. I think Craig the chef could show a lot of these more well known culinary stars a thing or two about flavour combinations and presentation-can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better each time.DLP1Dined on 12/2/2013This was our fourth time at the garden room, and the food was without doubt the best we have had. The chef puts together incredibly interesting food combinations and serves up winning dish after dish. I use my taste card, which gives a 50% discount on the food which makes it incredibly good value. It will not be long before they get their first Michelin star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasting menu inspiredsanitymanDined on 9/2/2013Went for seven-course tasting menu and"flight of wines" designed to partner it. The wine choice was great, but there's a lot of it, and the good was creative and surprising: the venison in particular was fantastic, and paired with a superb limit boot. The only thing was that the portions were very small - still felt peckish afterwards, and I normally favour smaller portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for money376dineDined on 27/12/2012The staff and welcome was fab, however the room lacked a little atmosphere and it felt as if we were sitting in a church and couldn't chat, maybe a little background music would help ? For the price of 151 ,00 it wasn't really that great . Not a place I would return too, but maybe they will entice me, but it would need to be special.Special Features:
- Excellent quality and valuedavyboyDined on 20/10/2012A brilliant lunch at Stoke Place last Saturday. The house and grounds set a great context for the Garden Room restaurant and adjoining bar. We chose the 6 course tasting menu and were very impressed with the quality and skill involved in each dish and the overall construction of the menu. It all comes down to taste,of course, and the meal passed this test with flying colours. Service was immaculate. We would return and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice setting and lovelySunnyDined on 9/9/2012Very nice setting and lovely food. We will definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good value weekday lunchChrisDined on 14/8/2012I took my wife here for her birthday. There was a choice between a full menu (they called it a tasting menu) and a set lunch, which we chose. This had two choices per course. After a rather unnecessary amuse-bouch we had seared scallop, gazpacho press and caviare. It was delicious, served almost raw, and artistically arranged on the plate. Unfortunately the whole course could have been eaten in one mouthful. We would have preferred to pay a little more for a decent helping. Afterwards came John Dory, which I would have preferred cooked a little less, with radish and potatoes. Overall a very tasty plateful. The special white wine in carafe had run out, so they gave us a delicious alternative. The place seemed well run, and we may return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of restaurantPinksDined on 12/8/2012A fabulous restaurant, the food was of the highest quality and the service was faultless. What's more it was terrific value! I would rate this place higher than many of the top end restaurants I have been to in London but without the hefty price tag.Special Features:
- Lovely location - excellent foodmalcDined on 11/8/2012Dined with friends on a Saturday evening. Lovely location - nice decor. Dining room a little stark but OK. Service excellent although eastern european staff - although efficient and courteous - don't seem to have the style of western european waiters. We went for the tasting menu - looked good and decent value. Small portions (fine) but all very nicely cooked and presented. All enjoyed expect the Pont L'Eveque Ice cream - which none of us four "foodies" liked. Nice amuse bouche and petit fours too. Good home made breads. Reasonably priced wine.Special Features:
- Excellent food, miniscule portionsHungryDined on 4/8/2012Food was excellent but portions were so ridiculously small we had to eat more food in the bar after. Given that it was £35 for two courses you do expect to feel like you have actually eaten a meal at the end of it. Risotto was served in one of those tiny copper saucepans you usually use for e.g. a side order of mash. That was the main course. Having served one spoonful the waitress asked if I would like any more of it! We would've liked pudding but there was no way we were paying an extra £10 per head for what was probably the tiniest dessert ever. We would stay at Stoke Place Hotel again as everything else was great. We would not dine in the restaurant again as the quantity you are served (not the quality) is simpy not value for money.Special Features:
- Friday wind-downAdrianDined on 20/7/2012I was looking for somewhere relaxing but with atmosphere to take my wife and our friends on a Friday night. The setting was beautiful and the food and service exemplorary. We did not have the tasting menu, although we were all given many extras. I would highly recommend the Garden Room restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing yet againCE17Dined on 17/6/2012Our third return visit to The Garden Rooms and already finding a date for our next visit. Service was fantastic. Delicious food again with particular comment to the desserts, beautifully creative. A very special experience! Sunday lunch menu is extremely good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden Room at Stoke PllacejoeatsoutDined on 8/6/2012The restaurant has a great interior, combining elegant old building with modern styling. The food was very stylishly done but portion sizes were tiny and after a 3 course a la carte meal costing about £60 a head, we still felt hungry! It felt like the place was trying hard to be a fine dining place, experimenting with innovative recipes but sometimes the taste of some courses was a bit average and portions too small. Surroundings are lovely though.Special Features:
- OverviewRICHARDDined on 3/6/2012The service and food quality was extremely well presented. Combined with a stay at Stoke Place completed the whole evening.Special Features:
- Fantastic value for moneyDottieDined on 15/5/2012Fantastic value for money with 40% off deal. Good food and ambience but would make quite a hole in your pocket without the discount. Great surroundings too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Garden Room at Stoke PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012The Garden Room at Stoke Place was a fantastic setting. A really relaxing atmosphere. The food was amazing - I'd say possibly best meal I've had in terms of the food and overall experience. Service was impeccable and staff very helpful and friendly. Top Table deal of 40% off also made it incredibly good value as you do need to be prepared for an expensive meal otherwise. Wine choice is good with something for everyone at all price ranges. Definitely FIne Dining - don't expect big portions!
- Super offer for an outstandingHungryDined on 6/5/2012Super offer for an outstanding venue!! Will definitely be going back soon!
- The garden room was in a delightfultuckmystirVIPDined on 6/5/2012The garden room was in a delightful location. The view as you are dining across lushious grass and trees is relaxing. The south african wine was so drinkable especially with 40% both food and drink. The food is var 29.50variable very chewy eef but great monkfish.
- Lovely ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2012Excellent food, lovely relaxed and non pretentious environment in a stunning setting. Highly recommend. We went on a discount offer and it was very professional and fantastic value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner in The Garden Room,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2012Had dinner in The Garden Room, Stoke Place, Slough for our anniversary were made to feel very welcome. Food looked amazing however portions are small, our main courses were enjoyed most, wine was lovely. Service was top class. Would definitely come back.
- This was our second visitCE17Dined on 23/4/2012This was our second visit to the Garden Rooms and despite them setting the bar very high the first time, we were once again delighted by the stylish decor, discreet service and outstanding food. This review would not be complete without mentioning the yellow pepper ice cream and strawberry gazpacho amuse bouche...amazing. Can't wait to return.
- surprisingly great food. PresentaticadavDined on 22/4/2012surprisingly great food. Presentation was like a work of art, and it tasted as good too. Staff were so attentive and made us feel incredibly welcomeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food, great service.foodieDined on 20/4/2012Fantastic food, great service. Casually exclusive. Small venue but lovely
- A great stylish place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 14/4/2012A great stylish place to have afternoon tea, considered presentation, wonderful tasty treats in a beautiful setting! It's a must.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2012Food was amazing, very good service - had a happy birthday message written in chocolate on my dessert plate. The venue is beautiful. Lovely views from the restaurant across the lawns and towards the lake. Quite pricey but as the food was so well done and tasty and presented beautifully, it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location and food was fantastic....sunnydayDined on 8/4/2012Location and food was fantastic....great value for money....
- This was our first time atAngieDined on 8/4/2012This was our first time at the Garden Room which is located within a boutique hotel in Stoke Poges. The food was excellent, beautifully presented but I would agree with other Top Table guests, the portions are very small. We took advantage of the special offer of 40% off food and drink and it made a bit more reasonable. The service was impeccable and the staff very highly trained and attentive. I would recommend it for a special occasion.
- Garden Room stoke poges hardDkismynameDined on 25/3/2012Garden Room stoke poges hard to find but well worth the effort very imaginative small menu but was much above expectations a bit slow between coursesprobably because each dish seemed individually prepared good value for money normally but exceptionally so after the special top table deal the hotel was in beautifel grounds and all four of us thought the food very good and looked as good as it tasted
- Our diner experience at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2012Our diner experience at The Garden Room in the outskirt of Slough was great and we recommended this restaurant to all our friends. Although the service still need some improvements, the food was great, very tasty and very well presented. Stoke Place in itself is an impressive building redecorated with taste whilst conserving the original period features. The venue is great for intimate dining experience and staff try their best to accommodate your needs. Highly recommend this restaurant!