The Globe Restaurant
100 Shoreditch High Street
London, E1 6JQNeighbourhood:
InternationalPrice: £41 and over
The Globe Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/crowneplaza/hotels/gb/en/london/lonsd/hoteldetail/dining
- Phone: 02076139800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Globe Restaurant
Sitting on the 7th floor of one of The City’s best hotels, The Globe Restaurant boasts breathtaking views of The City stretching from east to west. Situated in the heart of the country’s bustling financial capital, The Globe Restaurant is a perfectly tranquil place to unwind and enjoy modern British cuisine from a seasonally changed menu served by professional, friendly staff. Perhaps meet for pre dinner drinks in The Saints Bar just off the main hotel lobby, which boasts a wide range of cocktails. Al Fresco dining is also available on our 7th floor balcony, weather permitting and subject to availability.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Globe Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great views, great foodSoDitchDined on 20/6/2013Amazing views of the city and fantastic food to go with it. The outside is covered in scaffolding at the moment and it does cover the restaurant windows but you can see through it. The view from the bar is completely clear and you can drink out on the balcony before dinner. The scaffolding don't spoil anything. It does have a slightly 'hotel' feel to the place and was very quiet mid week, but still a fantastic meal out. I would take advantage of the 3 courses for £25 option, great value for money. You probably will need to spend extra on side dishes but its well worth it. I was so full I couldn't finish desert. All in all, a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Globe Restaurant in Shoreditchpampered4lifeDined on 14/6/2013It was a bit difficult to find behind the scaffolding but it was lovely when you got to the restaurant. The starter and main course were all tasty but my cheese cake was not great. My friend had the summer fruit crumble which was a lot nicer. We had our drink afterwards at the bar which the view was more stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by ToptableNikkiDined on 6/5/2013Booked the table in advance via toptable, even had an email to confirm booking the day before. On arrival found the restaurant to be closed that evening.....to say I was disappointed was an understatement. The hotel did go out of their way to accommodate us in the bar. Will not be booking with toptable again!Special Features:
- The food was excellent apartLucyDined on 4/5/2013The food was excellent apart from my main dish was too salty, I like salt but even I thought it was inedible. The starter, sides and dessert were all delicious though and I would definitely go back. The service was also good. We booked a table a bit too early perhaps because at 7pm we were the only ones there, which felt a bit uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view of the City fromClerkenwellDined on 16/4/2013The view of the City from the restaurant is wonderful. The staff were friendly and efficient The headline price differed from the final bill due to the extras and add ons (but in fairness the waiter did draw our attention to this). Overall, worth a visit. KMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkishSenayDined on 30/3/2013Food was actually better than expected for the price of £25 for 3 courses and a glass of proseco. The restaurant is actually very small but the view was nice. I wouldn't go back here to specifically dine was it wasn't outstanding or good enough for a return. There was an odd hotel smell in the restaurant like the smell of damp or old furniture which completely put me off. There was hardly anyone else there which explained the offer.Special Features:
- very good valuejasnDined on 26/3/2013Excellent service - friendly without being intrusive. We had the scallops, duck sald, belly of pork and veal medallion. All very good indeed. The only issue (slight) is how the service was a little too quick - not enough time to enjoy conversation and take in the view. The view is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerYaz81Dined on 11/3/2013It is a lovely restaurant, 7th floor with huge windows that look out to the London lights. The ambience is very pleasant and I did feel I was in a very posh restarant! The 3 Courses & glass of Presecco for £24.50 is such good value! I started with the goats cheese on pastry and my boyf had the scallops with chritzo, both dishes were sublime. We then both had the same main, the veal medallions, the food all read as if off a masterchef menu and the veal sounded extra complicated..it was..it was still very well made and tasty dish but the chicken addition was a bit much. The desserts were gorgeous, my soft cake had pieces of pestachio in it. Overall I would throughly recommend, excellent food, service and ambience!Special Features:
- Exceptional value for theMunchyDined on 19/12/2012Exceptional value for the set menu with half a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Christmas dinnerHeleneDined on 15/12/2012Went to the Globe with my best friend to have a little Christmas dinner. Food was good, generous portion. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Considering its so close toRedHeadVIPDined on 13/12/2012Considering its so close to Christmas, my friend and I didn't expect to have the restaurant virtually to ourselves for a large part of the evening! Waiter's poor English and lack of knowledge/understanding of the drinks options was concerning but the food was perfectly cooked, fair portions and very tasty. The TopTable deal makes this great value and its lovely if you prefer peace and solitude over busy and bustling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable placeNJGLonVIPDined on 11/12/2012Took a friend for dinner here on the Toptable special offer. We were given choices from their Christmas menu. All the food was excellent and well-presented. Staff were nice and we enjoyed a bottle of wine between ourselves which was more than plenty. This is my second time in 2 weeks, so I definitely recommend this place. The view became a bit misty outside, but we still enjoyed a wonderful corner table, surrounded by the view of the City - thanks guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a graduation dinnerHappyCustomerDined on 10/12/2012A good variety of food and attentive service (without being intrusive)- ideal for dinner with family and retired Mother in Law who might have been intimidated by the formality. Views of St Paul's and the city without setting off my vertigo! Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view. Staff friendlyReviewerDined on 8/12/2012Good view. Staff friendly but not very experienced.
- Amazing London viewsdorisdoodleDined on 6/12/2012The selling point for this restaurant is definitely the panoramic London views. We were fortunate enough to be seated by the window and this was great. However, the actual interior of the restaurants definitely felt like that of a generic hotel rather than a unique location. Could do with modernising to make the most of a potentially special venue. The food was nice enough but not amazing and definitely not a foodie destination. However, worth a visit for its views.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view, lovely staffNJGLonVIPDined on 5/12/2012Used the toptable offer of 3 courses and wine for £25 for a group booking of 5 people. Even though the max. booking size is 4, the maitre d' (Ravi) allowed all 5 of us to order from the set menu and provided 2.5 bottles of wine (we only drank one bottle, in the end). Everyone will enjoy the lovely view from the 7th floor, especially on a clear night. The rest of the staff are also good and unobtrusive. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality food:PALMCATDined on 29/11/2012Top quality food at near michelin star standard with spectacular views accross London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weirdJEMHDined on 14/11/2012odd restaurant - corporate banality in midst of shoreditch. Very odd atmosphere when we there. Sweet waiting staff and food ok, if nothing particularly special. View lovely.
- Nice viewsGourmetVIPDined on 5/11/2012Nice views, food was nicely presented, service was average.eg poured wine without asking to taste. My Dover sole was good and fresh. It's a hotel restaurant so ambience is muted.otherwisevnotva bad experience.
- Great place to eatmarthamillDined on 25/10/2012I took my friends here for a birthday meal using the top table deal and we were both VERY pleased with the service/ food/ drinks. Over all we had a brilliant night. We both left slightly tipsy after the bottle of wine that comes with the meal and also kind complements on the house of a glass of Champagne for the birthday girl! would deffo recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTSOULGLASSDined on 18/10/2012Had a first date here at the Global restaurant and it made for an excellent choice given the circumstances. A 3 course meal including a bottle of wine for £25 per person meant that I afford to show a generous side. But then as we ordered and the food arrived we were both vert suprised and happy by the quality of it. The Monk fish and Lamb dishes were excelllent, really tasty and delicately displayed on the plate. Then there were the views over the City of London which made for a lovely atmosphere. We'll definitely make a return visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value food great viewXavmeupDined on 6/10/2012Great value food great view of the city only thing We found was that the tomato salad had no taste To then it was like if the were a super market brand to them !!!!!! But over all good service !!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view, great foodsceastlondonDined on 2/10/2012The view was the greatest thing about our experience, from the 9th floor of the Crown Plaza hotel, we had a lovely view of east London (The shard, the Gurken etc). The food was great and the menu was fairly unusual. The staff were so friendly I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, shame that theMD45Dined on 29/9/2012Good food, shame that the credit card service wasn't working
- Nice food, great views, super valueDrKochDined on 29/9/20123 courses and wine for £25. You get bottle of wine between 2, so really is gd value. STARTERS: Both tasted amazing & well presented. Goat's cheese salad a bit hefty for starter. MAINS: Pan fried sea bass was perfect. Gnocci was weaker of the two, but it was a personal taste thing as opposed to bad food. DESERTS: Not great desert menu & not well executed (e.g. burnt sugar brittle). Main reason for 4* not 5* rating Service was very....odd. Left you alone, but would be very much on hand for anything you wanted, so "perfect" in a sense. We both just felt it was very...odd. It's hard to describe. I think they were more "hotel staff" than "restaurant waiter/ress"? Overall, lovely place & great food. For the price, a pretty unbeatable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightTommyDined on 29/9/2012Booked this restaurant due to a special offer, for date night. Amazing views, food was OK but the service was excellent. Would go again but as a larger group next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ The GlobeStefyDined on 27/9/2012had dinner for two in the Globe restaurant with the special top table offer for £25 each, including a bottle of wine. The food was outstanding, really good value for such a cheap price, wine offered was very good quality too. Had grilled dover sole which was fantastic, scallops were excellent too. Martin the Manager was very helpful and friendly and service was very good. Would definately recommed ! Great view of London in nightime !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantsimonDined on 26/9/2012Like someone else said, it's definitely a hotel restaurant but that's more than made up by the food and the two large glass walls with great views. Relaxing experience and would certainly go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all round, wouldJenksVIPDined on 25/9/2012Excellent all round, would recomend to any one. Fantastic views across the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing settingTrekDined on 22/9/2012Set on the top floor of the Crown Plaza hotel, the view of the London skyline was amazing. The staff were friendly and attentive and the floor was delicious. Couldn't be happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerChrsDined on 19/9/2012Took my girlfriend here for a birthday dinner. Service was amazing, waiters were very kind and gave us the table in the front corner by the massive windows. Fantastic view! We both loved the food and the special offer made the deal even sweeter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsLizzilou1Dined on 15/9/2012The Globe has fab views of the London sky line, it is lovely sitting, sipping your wine, it is also quite romantic. The food is good, my partner and friends enjoyed their's very much, unfortunately i had the pork and found it quite dry, but every thing else was good. The staff were very friendly and the service was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great toptable dealdiner1988Dined on 13/9/2012Was an enjoyable evening and the toptable deal was great value. However, they did not have our booking when we arrived- thankfully there was a free table. The view of the city was lovely but the abience was lacking. The lights were too bright and there was a lack of music which would have made a big difference. Overall a decent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodNILondonDined on 12/9/2012Decent selection/choice on menu. Good value and good quality food. Ambience was lacking. It was difficult to even speak to my friends as it was so quiet you could here others breathing. Good place to go for people who don't enjoy talking over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, little elseEntrigoDined on 10/9/2012Went on a Monday night with the 3 course offer. Although the restaurant was only half full, the waiter and the manager on duty seemed to struggle a little. The food was indeed quite good: I had the scallops, which were delicate and well cooked, matched by a good black pudding. My fellow diners also seemed quite happy with their starters (salmon and duck salad). The mains were again quite good (monkfish, seabass and lamb with red wine jus) although the lamb was a bit over cooked. Overall, we all found the food pretty good, the view is nice, the restaurant feels impersonal. The main issue was the service; although there were no more than 10 tables eating at the same time, the staff really struggled and waiting times were unacceptable.
- Really nice but could be amazingTom82Dined on 22/8/2012really nice food and service and obviously cool view. But it stays an hotel restaurant, with a very standard decoration that makes the venue quite charmless. A shame but I suppose there is not much to be changed!Special Features:
- The Globe on a sunny eveningMrsGDined on 28/7/2012The Globe is a small unassuming restaurant on the 7th floor of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Shoreditch. 1st impressions were far less exciting than the description had led us to believe. However, the staff were fantastic, the food delicious & the price was right. Although small, there were only 2 other tables occupied & no music (as far as I remember) so it was quiet & lacking in atmosphere. I recommend the scallop & black pudding starter (the duck salad was not so good - we didn't understand why cauliflower & diced carrot were included!) & the lamb main. The monkfish main was also good. We didn't have dessert as the portions were good enough & the bread basket was generous. This place deserves to be busier - give it a go!Special Features:
- Great restaurant with amazingGPNADined on 20/7/2012Great restaurant with amazing views across London. Excellent service and fantastic value for money (£25 for 3 courses, a side dish & bottle of wine!) Excellent.Special Features:
- Lovely views, attentive waiters,LifesearcherDined on 14/7/2012Lovely views, attentive waiters, away from the madding crowds and food was great, especially with the TT offer of three courses with half a bottle of wine at £25 per person. I also like that they dont slap on a service charge on the food bill. Love the scallops, lamb and good choice of desserts. My partners steak was very good. Unfortunately, they didnt have the Banana Tartin on the menu this time...it is delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disapointed with thismprykeDined on 14/7/2012I was disapointed with this restaurant. The service was good but everything else was average. The restaurant desperately needs a refurbishment. There is an extensive view across the rooftops of London, which sounds good, however it is in truth a view of the rooftop graffiti of London. I have visited considerably better restaurants for the price we paid. Deffinately not a good setting for a romantic meal, buisness meals only I think!Special Features: