27A Hay's Mews
London, W1J 5NYNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greenhouserestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074993331x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, French
- Executive Chef: Arnaud Bignon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a space for up to ten guests to dine in luxury. The private dining room is situated within the main restaurant , surrounded by glass walls decorated with a leaf motif. The Greenhouse also offers wine tasting dinners for groups of 10 or more for corporate or private events.
To book the private dining room please contact our reservations team.
The Greenhouse is available for exclusive events and can accommodate up to sixty guests for lunch or dinner.
For exclusive hire bookings contact our reservations team.
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 02074993331x
A word from The Greenhouse
Enter an oasis of calm in the heart of Mayfair, where contemporary French cuisine emerges from a classic background.Continued
The Greenhouse is one of only four restaurants in the world to win the Wine Spectator Grand Award, the highest award given for exceptional quality in a wine list.
The Greenhouse is one of only four restaurants in the world to win the Wine Spectator Grand Award, the highest award given for exceptional quality in a wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
The Greenhouse - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
The Greenhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
440 reviews since 19 May 2014
special occasions (323)romance (245)fit for foodies (243)business meals (203)outstanding value (39)sunday lunch (25)good vegetarian options (24)group bookings (18)brunch (14)pre/post theatre (14)outdoor eating (8)afternoon tea (7)disabled access (7)child friendly (1)Show More
- foodenroute14Dined on 10/9/2014Food is exquisite, very attentive and friendly service. I just love the ambience of this restaurant sitting quietly in the heart of Mayfair. It is exactly like how it's described, an 'Oasis' and may I add gastronomic indulgence in such prestigious outset. I had a wonderful meal and would definitely like to come back again.Special Features:
- A very warm welcome in MayfairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Tucked away off Hayes Mews, the entrance is shielded from every day sounds and traffic by an intriguing pathway surrounded by verdant greenery. Entering a discreet reception I was immediately in a different world. Fantastic staff, discrete but immediate service, great attention to detail, superb food from the Prix Fixee menu with the meat course specially changed for me, a wine list that is a Tour de Force and an ambience that can best be described as "I feel very welcome, important, and my custom is the reason d'être of The Greenhouse. I have never before experienced this, even in the Savoy Grill Room where I had eaten some few weeks previously. No business client could fail to be impressed and as a romantic place to pop the question?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBabyscotlandDined on 6/9/2014It was the second time we went to Green house and it is always excellent. Everything is perfect. We love this place. It is our favorite restaurant in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Little out of the way place recommended by concierge. This is our second time and was as wonderful as the first. Pretty pricey but worth it. Next time in London, will go again.Special Features:
- Excellent and RomanticfoodiefunDined on 3/9/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday & we loved it. One of us had the six course meal which featured perfectly cooked lamb, john dory & foie gras. The meal began with Champagne & amuse bouche & we ended completely satisfied with beautiful desserts. The outdoor garden was beautiful & the quiet mews street it is located on is picturesque, classic London. Overall, we loved the meal. In fact, my boyfriend who is well fed and has eaten at a few Michelin Stars, confirmed that it was the best restaurant he has been into in the UK - best food, best ambiance & best service. Only warning is that you do get what you pay for, it is not cheap and vegetarians should probably dine elsewhere as the meat and seafood are the real winners here.Special Features:
- ReviewerDined on 2/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the 3 course set lunch. Great detail was put into every dish. Although the menu wasn't that varied, (choice of 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 desserts) my friend and I tried all dishes which were superb, not to mention the extra surprise dessert that they gave us as it was a birthday occasion. Will definitely go back soonSpecial Features:
- amazing experiencemadziabDined on 29/8/2014My husband and me had a fantastic time in The Greenhouse on Friday night. We had the discovery menu with matching wines. Food was amazing! Fusion of flavours was mind blowing... our somelier accomodated all our preferences and produced fabulous and very authentic wine list. Service was excellent. And even the taxi they ordered for as at the end of the night was great. All evening well worth the money spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealduchessDined on 27/8/2014One of the best dining experiences I have had. Great food, fabulous service, lovely locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHongkongerDined on 26/8/2014I had a lunch with my friend on a weekday at The Greenhouse. The food was generally very good. The starter and the dessert were particularly impressed. The starter and the main were good but not very outstanding. The service was excellent. The only thing I found a little bit disappointing was the air-conditioning. It was too hot and my friend and I were sweating during the whole meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great environmentckc1234Dined on 21/8/2014Very good food and ambiance. Service also excellentSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerMonkeyDined on 21/8/2014We had a wonderful moment at the greenhouse. All the dishes were amazingly tasteful and we've enjoyed them all. The services was great as well who can speak Japanese and French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good,levinDined on 20/8/2014We enjoyed the meal; we had the chef’s discovery menu with the wine flight pairing. The sommelier was excellent and the ambience is great. The food was excellent in parts and very good in others. Suggest the a la carte rather than the tasting.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceGuyRDined on 20/8/2014Outstanding food and service at an elegant restaurant in the backwaters of Mayfair. We went for the £35 set lunch menu which was executed superbly - mackerel and salad starters with calamari and rabbit as mains. Service - very international - was a delight and even offered a sidetable for carrierbags etc. Ambience is grown-up so not one for the kids but definitely suitable for special occasions as well as business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!MPowellDined on 16/8/2014Went for my 5th wedding anniversary on the weekend, and it was wonderful. I had lobster for starter and sea bass for main. Both were delicious, and the dessert...all i can say is WOW. I had the chocolate caramel one and my hubby had the raspberry one. Amazing. His starter was the scallops and for main he had grouse, which has just come into season, that sauce...mmm. Service was amazing. They overheard us say 'happy anniversary' and brought us an extra pudding with meringue, ice cream and raspberries. I am also 8 months pregnant, so got a special canapé selection to suit. The sommelier was knowledgeable and matched perfectly to my husbands dishes. What an evening!Special Features:
- Great food in stylish ambience.TrevigianoVIPDined on 15/8/2014Every plate have been perfect and prices very cheap respect the quality, a must everytime I'll find a place, if I should try to eat at this level at home, it should cost me more!Special Features:
- tasting menuadrianrichardDined on 14/8/2014had 6 course tasting men reasonable priced at 100 pound(it is a 2 star restaurant),technically very high standard of cooking, thought the crab starter was served too cold and flavour was lost that aside all very good and well cooked . one or two flavours were not to my liking but that detract from how well stuff was cooked. service very good and wine list offered good value. so thoroughly enjoyed and will returnSpecial Features:
- Great lunch, great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We sampled the set lunch (£35) and were impressed by the flavours, the inventiveness and the attentive service. The venue is an oasis in busy Mayfair, and the restaurant design and layout are stylish. The staff pull off the difficult trick of combining informality and high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestJML930Dined on 8/8/2014The Greenhouse sets the standard for service and amazing cuisine. A superb Mayfair mews location, a walk through a small garden and your transported to an oasis. It's a very LA vibe - very cool and relaxed. The food is superb. Probably the best meal I've ever had. Every mouthful was to be savored and the wine list .. extensive doesn't begin to start to describe it. We had the chefs tasting menu (Chef/ Explore/ Flavour/ Ingredient/ Inspiration) 8 courses at £120 each. It's not cheap but it's worth it. Incidentally they have a £40 fixed lunch menu. We will go again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleading offers on OpentableCharlotte1Dined on 7/8/2014On the top table website, it says 35 pound 3 course set menu and it didn't specify lunch or dinner until you see the small prints. It was very misleading and we didn't know until we arrived at the restaurant. The restaurant is slightly on the noisy side. Having said that, the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- elaineVIPDined on 7/8/2014We loved the Greenhouse. It has a very pretty entrance - you would not think you were in central London. The food was excellent and so was the service. We had a very nice lunch and for the quality of the food at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROCKYDined on 4/8/2014Amazing dinner at the greenhouse, fantastic food, top service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GreenhousefranluigDined on 4/8/2014The place is nice, with an unexpected garden. Restaurant is elegant, service is polite, food is very good with some excellent high notes (like the Beef, Black sesame/ Yuzu/ Pak choi)Special Features:
- Brilliant dining experiencePaddyLDined on 30/7/2014The Greenhouse is located in a very quiet place and the environment is excellent for a business dinning, especially when our clients prefer more private conversations. Compared to other 2 star restaurant I've been to, the service is better at Greenhouse. The food is also very good and full of surprise. The chef has applied many oriental elements in some courses and there are also some very British courses. In general, it is an ideal place for business dinning. I would definitely recommend it to others especially when they want to impress their clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wee treasurehaggisVIPDined on 30/7/2014you might have some difficulty finding The Greenhouse, but it is well worth the stroll. Every aspect is excellent, wine prices start a little high but that is a minor deterrent to a visit.Special Features:
- Really excellent all roundMrGrumpyVIPDined on 29/7/2014Superb cooking and excellent service as always, not a bargain but very specialSpecial Features:
- What a place!!garethjonesukDined on 26/7/2014Just amazing! The ambience, service and food was the best we have ever experienced and in a way I have mixed feelings in giving The Greenhouse such high praise as I'd rather keep this place a secret.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!SkiartyVIPDined on 23/7/2014I don't think I will ever tire of revisiting this restaurant. Brilliant food and faultless service.Special Features:
- Back againStockmanDined on 22/7/2014Another great eating experience. This time the Adventure menu which accurately describes the food we was presented. Each dish a delight of delicate and complimentary flavours with a distinctly Asian influence, nothing disappointed and many surprises. Our sommelier chose two excellent wines that we enjoyed by the glass and at the end we were presented with a signed menu a list of our wines to seal the memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ForgotDined on 22/7/2014I'm a vegetarian who going to leave Britain next week. I just want to try different Michelin star restaurants in UK. I had a lunch in Greenhouse but soon I was so regretful! I should come dinner!! Here is a restaurant which can let you order a glass of Krug, The red wine which they recommended for me were also nice. I didn't order white wine, but they gave me a small glass of white wine( 2006 Etienne Sauzet Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Champs Canet) to test. You can really enjoy good food and good wine here! Of course, GREAT service!! So I asked the kind waitress do they still have free table for one person on this Friday night? Thank God they did! Can't wait for Friday! ! I will come bake when the next time I come to London definitely!Special Features:
- Beautiful venue, exceptional foodEMS1Dined on 19/7/2014Had a lovely dinner on Saturday evening at Greenhouse. The venue is wonderful - tucked away in a quiet mews with the wonderful entrance, interior was beautiful and modern. Service was attentive but not intrusive, in fact they were always helpful, providing ideas and explaining the dishes/ingredients. Food was excellent, inventive, flavoursome and fresh. We were worried that it would be too formal (as per some reviews) but the staff made us feel very welcome, and we felt very relaxed throughout our meal. On the pricey side, but a 10/10 experience comes with a price! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, great foodFrenchFoodieDined on 18/7/2014Right in the middle of Mayfair, an unbelievably quiet place with a delicious menu; original and in season. Special mention for the wine list - apparently they have four wine cellars nearby, you'll be spoilt for choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good experienceGoodVIPDined on 18/7/2014The service is good, the food is fine ans tasty. The portion are small, we expected more. But at the end, we are full. They have the same dessert as the Ledburry. The passion fruit soufflé... That s weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyJGLADined on 18/7/2014I have eaten at a fair few star restaurants in London (both 1,2 and 3) and this one is well overpriced. The food is good but for what you pay, you should be blown away. Was not the case. I'd rather go elsewhere.Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodielovVIPDined on 18/7/2014Delicious food! The set menu was great value! Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, great winefinedinerVIPDined on 17/7/2014Great meal. Service was good but it was hard to understand what the waiters were saying. Phenomenally expensive but we did have the surprise tasting menu and wine pairing - bill for 2 was £530! Would go back only if there was a special deal (which they do do).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and perfect serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/7/2014We really enjoyed having dinner here. We had the eight course Discovery menu and every course was very light and tasty and was perfectly matched with the sommeliers wine of choice. A great food experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night at The GreenhouseRBEatVIPDined on 17/7/2014An excellent setting for a superb meal. Well worth the money. Here's hoping I can find an opportunity to return.Special Features:
- Superb!MeatHeadDined on 12/7/2014My recent visit was the first occasion I had eaten in a 2 Star Michelin restaurant. It certainly didn't disappoint! The food was truly outstanding and the service was impeccable, as you would expect. Took my girlfriend here for a birthday meal and can honestly say it was the best food we had ever eaten. Will definitely be returning and can highly recommend. The wine menu is very comprehensive and provides good options for any budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionFlorenceDined on 10/7/2014Great service, amazing food, little pricy (our a la carte meal came to £250 and we ordered the cheapest wine).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Staff and food were excellent. The whole experience was thorally excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.