27A Hay's Mews
London, W1J 5NYNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greenhouserestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074993331x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, French
- Executive Chef: Arnaud Bignon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a space for up to ten guests to dine in luxury. The private dining room is situated within the main restaurant , surrounded by glass walls decorated with a leaf motif. The Greenhouse also offers wine tasting dinners for groups of 10 or more for corporate or private events.
To book the private dining room please contact our reservations team.
The Greenhouse is available for exclusive events and can accommodate up to sixty guests for lunch or dinner.
For exclusive hire bookings contact our reservations team.
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 02074993331x
A word from The Greenhouse
Enter an oasis of calm in the heart of Mayfair, where contemporary French cuisine emerges from a classic background.Continued
The Greenhouse is one of only four restaurants in the world to win the Wine Spectator Grand Award, the highest award given for exceptional quality in a wine list.
The Greenhouse is one of only four restaurants in the world to win the Wine Spectator Grand Award, the highest award given for exceptional quality in a wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
The Greenhouse - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
The Greenhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
406 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (295)romance (227)fit for foodies (221)business meals (187)outstanding value (27)sunday lunch (22)good vegetarian options (21)group bookings (15)brunch (13)pre/post theatre (12)outdoor eating (8)afternoon tea (7)disabled access (6)child friendly (1)Show More
- Not in my top ten Michelin eatsgottalovegoodfoodDined on 25/10/2014Decor and ambiance was nice enough, however, The Greenhouse lacked any real vibe or buzz for me. The food although tasty and beautifully presented was not greats value for money and a a slider size 8 I did not leave satisfied! This Greenhouse is one of the more traditional/pretentious Michelin star restaurants we have eaten in for a long time. We are glad we went but wouldn't rush back. Positives:- Excellent wine list Deserts/cheeses were divine Staff were knowledgable and attentive On leaving we were presented with the most stunning box of little cakes!
- ExceptionalDeus1664ExDined on 25/10/2014Fantastic quality food, impeccable service and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Couldn't complain about any of it, awesome all round - if somewhat expensive, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- The Grand GreenhouseEmmaCDined on 20/10/2014Tucked away on a quiet mews, a short walk from Green Park station, is the lovely Greenhouse. The tasting menu was delicious and had a real array of treats. There are over 3,000 wines to choose from for the real connoisseurs out there but drinks were rather expensive, as you'd expect. Perfect for aspecial occasion, has a real cool factor and the staff were professional and knowledgeable about the menu. We went there for my husband's birthday and it was a real treat, the chef even made a soecial mini dessert for him which was a lovely touch and we got a little goody bag to take away with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmkayDined on 13/10/2014Excellent food and service in a calm and inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RubesVIPDined on 10/10/2014Lovely place and waiters crawling all over the place. Almost too attentive. Food was interesting but probably not worth the price tag. Still, a special place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceivanchenkoDined on 4/10/2014We loved the food and the drinks and the service was impeccable. TSpecial Features:
- Saturday Evening DinnerreviewerDined on 4/10/2014Excellent food, service and ambience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014We werea difficult lot with strange food requests- (I have diabetes and my friends don't eat gluten or sugar) but all were served with exquisite food. It was a fitting banquet for our friends' 25th wedding anniversary. It is our 4th time here and we love it. We especially like the quiet. We could hear ourselves talk. beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- Culinary delightsDeLuxeDined on 3/10/2014From the first sip of champagne & exquisite appetisers through the amazing taste sensations of our lobster, crab, fish & wonderful desserts we were truly at a loss for words. We will definitely be saving up to go back for our next special occasion. It was worth every penny. They even made a lovely birthday treat for the birthday boy. It was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food; excellent servicehelsinkiDined on 2/10/2014The Greenhouse at dinner is very different to The Greenhouse at lunch. It is fairly dark at night and would benefit a romantic couple. I had the discovery menu @ £120 - 2 crustacean entrees, 1 egg dish with summer truffles, a foie gras dish, turbot, duck and 3 desserts. Excellent cheese is not included, but can be had for £18. This additional charge is not mentioned on the carte. The raw scallops in jelly and the native lobster with watermelon were outstanding, the truffled egg legendary, the foie gras the best of its kind. The main courses are fairly small, particularly the duck. The middle dessert, involving red fruits, was easily the best. Sensational petits fours. The pricy wine list is still the best in London.Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/9/2014Spectacular food. This restaurant is an absolute must for anyone staying or visiting London.Special Features:
- Fantastic!RodrigoVIPDined on 29/9/2014This is definitely one of my 3 favorite restaurants in London. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- A little disappointed this timeDanielDined on 29/9/2014I took a friend for a birthday lunch but unfortunately I felt the food pushed the envelope a little on this occasion as being a little 'too out there' / experimental on the fixed lunch menu. My guest found the food too wacky. Having said that I have previously very much enjoyed my visits here. For my part, I took v ill (nothing to do with restaurant or food) but was unable to eat another other than some bread and a bit of the Jerusalem artichoke mousse starter. I couldn't touch my whiting main course and said I didn't want dessert. . Restaurant still made it clear I was paying for 3 courses and asked if I wanted a cup of tea or something to calm my stomach.. still charged me £5 for cup of tea..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenhouse review Sept 2014jksmooreDined on 27/9/2014I went to Greenhouse for dinner on Saturday evening and have to say l was impressed. The setting is both attractive and understated and the friendly staff make for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The wine list was very good, although l was drinking alone so will have to wait to my next visit to utilise it fully! The food was exceptional, especially the turbot main, although somewhat expensive. Overall l would go back and would recommend the Greenhouse to friends and business associates.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/9/2014Spectacular food in a gorgeous room. The service was outstanding. One of the best meals we have ever had!Special Features:
- Another lovely lunchFlorenceDined on 19/9/2014We enjoyed the set lunch menu once again. it was good value for money and extremely inventive. Thank you chef! The staff, as always were very courteous.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in LondoneplauVIPDined on 18/9/2014Incredible food, attentive staff and a beautiful settig! My favourite treat in London by a mile!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingselaeroplanoVIPDined on 16/9/2014The dining room is nicely understated, although a little corporate. The staff were very friendly and there was none of the snobbery you often encounter in top end restuarants. Sommelier made excellent choices for the most part. The food itself was a mixed bag. Unusually for a Michelin restaurant I found sime of the food underseasoned, if not a little bland. Presentation was excellent but some things really didn't work, such as the foie gras in the sweetcorn sauce (which tasted like corn chowder). Overall I'd say the food was a disappointment. Great cheese trolley though. Finally, it is VERY expensive - we paid £375 for two (a la carte), a bottle of excellent barbaresco and four glasses of wine. I would not rush back.Special Features:
- what a wonderlandWhiteBearDined on 15/9/2014The greenhouse is a brilliant French restaurant and my girlfriend and I had a unforgettable dining experience there. Tasting menu including seven well designed works of art and I like Crab the most, this dish is amazing in every aspect; the fioe gras tastes great and the smell will leave in your mouth in the next few hours, yummy!! In my points of view, the dinner I had in Greenhouse is better than Alain Duccaser in Dorchester, maybe next time I should taste the tasting menu of that three star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodenroute14Dined on 10/9/2014Food is exquisite, very attentive and friendly service. I just love the ambience of this restaurant sitting quietly in the heart of Mayfair. It is exactly like how it's described, an 'Oasis' and may I add gastronomic indulgence in such prestigious outset. I had a wonderful meal and would definitely like to come back again.Special Features:
- A very warm welcome in MayfairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Tucked away off Hayes Mews, the entrance is shielded from every day sounds and traffic by an intriguing pathway surrounded by verdant greenery. Entering a discreet reception I was immediately in a different world. Fantastic staff, discrete but immediate service, great attention to detail, superb food from the Prix Fixee menu with the meat course specially changed for me, a wine list that is a Tour de Force and an ambience that can best be described as "I feel very welcome, important, and my custom is the reason d'être of The Greenhouse. I have never before experienced this, even in the Savoy Grill Room where I had eaten some few weeks previously. No business client could fail to be impressed and as a romantic place to pop the question?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBabyscotlandDined on 6/9/2014It was the second time we went to Green house and it is always excellent. Everything is perfect. We love this place. It is our favorite restaurant in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Little out of the way place recommended by concierge. This is our second time and was as wonderful as the first. Pretty pricey but worth it. Next time in London, will go again.Special Features:
- Excellent and RomanticfoodiefunDined on 3/9/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday & we loved it. One of us had the six course meal which featured perfectly cooked lamb, john dory & foie gras. The meal began with Champagne & amuse bouche & we ended completely satisfied with beautiful desserts. The outdoor garden was beautiful & the quiet mews street it is located on is picturesque, classic London. Overall, we loved the meal. In fact, my boyfriend who is well fed and has eaten at a few Michelin Stars, confirmed that it was the best restaurant he has been into in the UK - best food, best ambiance & best service. Only warning is that you do get what you pay for, it is not cheap and vegetarians should probably dine elsewhere as the meat and seafood are the real winners here.Special Features:
- ReviewerDined on 2/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the 3 course set lunch. Great detail was put into every dish. Although the menu wasn't that varied, (choice of 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 desserts) my friend and I tried all dishes which were superb, not to mention the extra surprise dessert that they gave us as it was a birthday occasion. Will definitely go back soonSpecial Features:
- amazing experiencemadziabDined on 29/8/2014My husband and me had a fantastic time in The Greenhouse on Friday night. We had the discovery menu with matching wines. Food was amazing! Fusion of flavours was mind blowing... our somelier accomodated all our preferences and produced fabulous and very authentic wine list. Service was excellent. And even the taxi they ordered for as at the end of the night was great. All evening well worth the money spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealduchessDined on 27/8/2014One of the best dining experiences I have had. Great food, fabulous service, lovely locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHongkongerDined on 26/8/2014I had a lunch with my friend on a weekday at The Greenhouse. The food was generally very good. The starter and the dessert were particularly impressed. The starter and the main were good but not very outstanding. The service was excellent. The only thing I found a little bit disappointing was the air-conditioning. It was too hot and my friend and I were sweating during the whole meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great environmentckc1234Dined on 21/8/2014Very good food and ambiance. Service also excellentSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerMonkeyDined on 21/8/2014We had a wonderful moment at the greenhouse. All the dishes were amazingly tasteful and we've enjoyed them all. The services was great as well who can speak Japanese and French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good,levinDined on 20/8/2014We enjoyed the meal; we had the chef’s discovery menu with the wine flight pairing. The sommelier was excellent and the ambience is great. The food was excellent in parts and very good in others. Suggest the a la carte rather than the tasting.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceGuyRDined on 20/8/2014Outstanding food and service at an elegant restaurant in the backwaters of Mayfair. We went for the £35 set lunch menu which was executed superbly - mackerel and salad starters with calamari and rabbit as mains. Service - very international - was a delight and even offered a sidetable for carrierbags etc. Ambience is grown-up so not one for the kids but definitely suitable for special occasions as well as business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!MPowellDined on 16/8/2014Went for my 5th wedding anniversary on the weekend, and it was wonderful. I had lobster for starter and sea bass for main. Both were delicious, and the dessert...all i can say is WOW. I had the chocolate caramel one and my hubby had the raspberry one. Amazing. His starter was the scallops and for main he had grouse, which has just come into season, that sauce...mmm. Service was amazing. They overheard us say 'happy anniversary' and brought us an extra pudding with meringue, ice cream and raspberries. I am also 8 months pregnant, so got a special canapé selection to suit. The sommelier was knowledgeable and matched perfectly to my husbands dishes. What an evening!Special Features:
- Great food in stylish ambience.TrevigianoVIPDined on 15/8/2014Every plate have been perfect and prices very cheap respect the quality, a must everytime I'll find a place, if I should try to eat at this level at home, it should cost me more!Special Features:
- tasting menuadrianrichardVIPDined on 14/8/2014had 6 course tasting men reasonable priced at 100 pound(it is a 2 star restaurant),technically very high standard of cooking, thought the crab starter was served too cold and flavour was lost that aside all very good and well cooked . one or two flavours were not to my liking but that detract from how well stuff was cooked. service very good and wine list offered good value. so thoroughly enjoyed and will returnSpecial Features:
- Great lunch, great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We sampled the set lunch (£35) and were impressed by the flavours, the inventiveness and the attentive service. The venue is an oasis in busy Mayfair, and the restaurant design and layout are stylish. The staff pull off the difficult trick of combining informality and high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestJML930Dined on 8/8/2014The Greenhouse sets the standard for service and amazing cuisine. A superb Mayfair mews location, a walk through a small garden and your transported to an oasis. It's a very LA vibe - very cool and relaxed. The food is superb. Probably the best meal I've ever had. Every mouthful was to be savored and the wine list .. extensive doesn't begin to start to describe it. We had the chefs tasting menu (Chef/ Explore/ Flavour/ Ingredient/ Inspiration) 8 courses at £120 each. It's not cheap but it's worth it. Incidentally they have a £40 fixed lunch menu. We will go again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleading offers on OpentableCharlotte1Dined on 7/8/2014On the top table website, it says 35 pound 3 course set menu and it didn't specify lunch or dinner until you see the small prints. It was very misleading and we didn't know until we arrived at the restaurant. The restaurant is slightly on the noisy side. Having said that, the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- elaineVIPDined on 7/8/2014We loved the Greenhouse. It has a very pretty entrance - you would not think you were in central London. The food was excellent and so was the service. We had a very nice lunch and for the quality of the food at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROCKYDined on 4/8/2014Amazing dinner at the greenhouse, fantastic food, top service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.