27A Hay's Mews
London, W1J 5NYNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greenhouserestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7499 3331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, French
- Executive Chef: Arnaud Bignon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a space for up to ten guests to dine in luxury. The private dining room is situated within the main restaurant , surrounded by glass walls decorated with a leaf motif. The Greenhouse also offers wine tasting dinners for groups of 10 or more for corporate or private events.
To book the private dining room please contact our reservations team.
The Greenhouse is available for exclusive events and can accommodate up to sixty guests for lunch or dinner.
For exclusive hire bookings contact our reservations team.
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 02074993331x
A word from The Greenhouse
Enter an oasis of calm in the heart of Mayfair, where contemporary French cuisine emerges from a classic background.Continued
The Greenhouse is one of only four restaurants in the world to win the Wine Spectator Grand Award, the highest award given for exceptional quality in a wine list.
The Greenhouse is one of only four restaurants in the world to win the Wine Spectator Grand Award, the highest award given for exceptional quality in a wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
The Greenhouse - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
The Greenhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
390 reviews since 29 November 2013
special occasions (281)romance (220)fit for foodies (206)business meals (177)outstanding value (27)sunday lunch (20)good vegetarian options (20)group bookings (12)brunch (12)pre/post theatre (12)afternoon tea (7)outdoor eating (6)disabled access (4)child friendly (1)Show More
- Seamless dinner despite a mix up in reservationsLBG1Dined on 25/11/2014We dined as a party of 4 ~~ the meal being business/friendship related. I had somehow mistakenly reserved for 21;30 meaning to book for 19:30. The restaurant was able to accomodate us when we arrived in a sensitive and professional manner. This is probably my 6th or 7th meal at The Greenhouse since it renovated a few years back. It was spectacular, even better than the previous. The food presentation and quality were outstanding and the service impeccable without being stuffy or overly formal. The wine is on the pricey side but the winelist also faultless. I They certainly deserve their newly acquired 2nd Michelin Star. My only concern is the beautiful entry pathway.. whicn can be treacherously slippery in inclement weather. It is also not well lit. BYOT (bring your own torch)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try too hardAndyDined on 22/11/2014Food was ok, but nothing special. Too much emphasis on where the food was sourced from - waiter were very excited to tell us that the cucumber came from Lebanon. Staff very pushy to sell very expensive drinks. Immediately after you sat at your table the waiteralmost insistent that you bought glasses of champagne. £300 for 2 people would be better spent elsewhere.
- Great ingredientsFawazQ8VIPDined on 17/11/2014The place just got its second star last year. It is doing good in creating the 2 michelin star ambiance including great warm lighting and table setting. The food was a bit conventional for a 2 star where creativity was overtaking taste in some occasions. The bread was exceptional and the veal steak was the highlight of my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchCarltonDined on 13/11/2014Yet another perfect lunch with the wonderful staff at The Greenhouse. Nothing is too much trouble even down to bringing you a small table to put your handbag on. As for the food, it starts with the visual experience of the presentation and leads you into taste bud heaven. Perfect! For the quality of food and service you receive, the set lunch is extremely good value. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HLLondon13Dined on 12/11/2014Great hidden gem! The service was immpecable and the food was delicious! Dessert by far my favorite. At times the cheese cart going around throughout the restaurant didn't wet my appetite for my course to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodCanaryDined on 11/11/2014Delicious, mouthwatering food. Thank you for a very special experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFlorenceDined on 6/11/2014As usual a wonderful meal. The friends that we brought with us this time were very impressed..Special Features:
- Fantastic lunchMikeDined on 6/11/2014I have had the privilidge to eat in many Michelin Star restaurants both here and abroad. This was an outstanding example of all that is good. The ambience was not pretentious and the service was pitched at the correct level. The sommelier was knowledgable but not pushy. The food was delivered in a timely manner and the quality was everything you would expect from this type of establishment. The tasing menu was certainly something to savour but their bread selection was worth the trip - especially the tomato bread roll !!!!! This little feature is lost in a number of restaurants so this really was a joySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply excellentJennyDined on 3/11/2014Treated my other half to this. Everything was simply perfect! I would recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab lunch at the Green housefranny2Dined on 3/11/2014We went for the 3 course special menu. I am lactose intolerant. I didn't need to remind them, I was given a personal menu! A glass of champagne with petit bouche-2 separate lots plus gorgeous meal with a glass of white wine and coffee plus petit fours to conclude. The alcohol and coffee were extra but you don't go to a ** Michelin every day!Special Features:
- Tasty experienceOliverjDined on 30/10/2014Expectations on a 2star place were fully fulfilled. 6 Course tasting menue is a well balanced journey through the kitchen. 2 wine pairings are offered (classic and modern). I went for the modern one and did not regret the choice. I really liked the athmosphere and the staff was really good. A clear t-come-back placeSpecial Features:
- The GreenhouseCharlieVIPDined on 30/10/2014Second visit to the greenhouse and have to admit it is really lovely. Had the tasting menu as booked on toptable/opentable - and felt that this certainly helped to gain more value from the meal. In general the prices are extremely toppy - which may explain the restaurants sparse population. The staff are great - particularly the hostesses who made us feel so overwhelmingly welcome. The wine was great and the list impressively vast… I do very much like the venue. In general however, I think the price would outweigh the pull of a third visit – with so many places to visit in london - you could maybe afford a couple of visits to another venue for the same price of a la carte.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in my top ten Michelin eatsgottalovegoodfoodDined on 25/10/2014Decor and ambiance was nice enough, however, The Greenhouse lacked any real vibe or buzz for me. The food although tasty and beautifully presented was not greats value for money and a a slider size 8 I did not leave satisfied! This Greenhouse is one of the more traditional/pretentious Michelin star restaurants we have eaten in for a long time. We are glad we went but wouldn't rush back. Positives:- Excellent wine list Deserts/cheeses were divine Staff were knowledgable and attentive On leaving we were presented with the most stunning box of little cakes!
- ExceptionalDeus1664ExDined on 25/10/2014Fantastic quality food, impeccable service and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Couldn't complain about any of it, awesome all round - if somewhat expensive, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- The Grand GreenhouseEmmaCDined on 20/10/2014Tucked away on a quiet mews, a short walk from Green Park station, is the lovely Greenhouse. The tasting menu was delicious and had a real array of treats. There are over 3,000 wines to choose from for the real connoisseurs out there but drinks were rather expensive, as you'd expect. Perfect for aspecial occasion, has a real cool factor and the staff were professional and knowledgeable about the menu. We went there for my husband's birthday and it was a real treat, the chef even made a soecial mini dessert for him which was a lovely touch and we got a little goody bag to take away with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmkayDined on 13/10/2014Excellent food and service in a calm and inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RubesVIPDined on 10/10/2014Lovely place and waiters crawling all over the place. Almost too attentive. Food was interesting but probably not worth the price tag. Still, a special place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceivanchenkoDined on 4/10/2014We loved the food and the drinks and the service was impeccable. TSpecial Features:
- Saturday Evening DinnerreviewerDined on 4/10/2014Excellent food, service and ambience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014We werea difficult lot with strange food requests- (I have diabetes and my friends don't eat gluten or sugar) but all were served with exquisite food. It was a fitting banquet for our friends' 25th wedding anniversary. It is our 4th time here and we love it. We especially like the quiet. We could hear ourselves talk. beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- Culinary delightsDeLuxeDined on 3/10/2014From the first sip of champagne & exquisite appetisers through the amazing taste sensations of our lobster, crab, fish & wonderful desserts we were truly at a loss for words. We will definitely be saving up to go back for our next special occasion. It was worth every penny. They even made a lovely birthday treat for the birthday boy. It was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food; excellent servicehelsinkiDined on 2/10/2014The Greenhouse at dinner is very different to The Greenhouse at lunch. It is fairly dark at night and would benefit a romantic couple. I had the discovery menu @ £120 - 2 crustacean entrees, 1 egg dish with summer truffles, a foie gras dish, turbot, duck and 3 desserts. Excellent cheese is not included, but can be had for £18. This additional charge is not mentioned on the carte. The raw scallops in jelly and the native lobster with watermelon were outstanding, the truffled egg legendary, the foie gras the best of its kind. The main courses are fairly small, particularly the duck. The middle dessert, involving red fruits, was easily the best. Sensational petits fours. The pricy wine list is still the best in London.Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/9/2014Spectacular food. This restaurant is an absolute must for anyone staying or visiting London.Special Features:
- Fantastic!RodrigoVIPDined on 29/9/2014This is definitely one of my 3 favorite restaurants in London. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- A little disappointed this timeDanielDined on 29/9/2014I took a friend for a birthday lunch but unfortunately I felt the food pushed the envelope a little on this occasion as being a little 'too out there' / experimental on the fixed lunch menu. My guest found the food too wacky. Having said that I have previously very much enjoyed my visits here. For my part, I took v ill (nothing to do with restaurant or food) but was unable to eat another other than some bread and a bit of the Jerusalem artichoke mousse starter. I couldn't touch my whiting main course and said I didn't want dessert. . Restaurant still made it clear I was paying for 3 courses and asked if I wanted a cup of tea or something to calm my stomach.. still charged me £5 for cup of tea..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenhouse review Sept 2014jksmooreDined on 27/9/2014I went to Greenhouse for dinner on Saturday evening and have to say l was impressed. The setting is both attractive and understated and the friendly staff make for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The wine list was very good, although l was drinking alone so will have to wait to my next visit to utilise it fully! The food was exceptional, especially the turbot main, although somewhat expensive. Overall l would go back and would recommend the Greenhouse to friends and business associates.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/9/2014Spectacular food in a gorgeous room. The service was outstanding. One of the best meals we have ever had!Special Features:
- Another lovely lunchFlorenceDined on 19/9/2014We enjoyed the set lunch menu once again. it was good value for money and extremely inventive. Thank you chef! The staff, as always were very courteous.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in LondoneplauVIPDined on 18/9/2014Incredible food, attentive staff and a beautiful settig! My favourite treat in London by a mile!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingselaeroplanoVIPDined on 16/9/2014The dining room is nicely understated, although a little corporate. The staff were very friendly and there was none of the snobbery you often encounter in top end restuarants. Sommelier made excellent choices for the most part. The food itself was a mixed bag. Unusually for a Michelin restaurant I found sime of the food underseasoned, if not a little bland. Presentation was excellent but some things really didn't work, such as the foie gras in the sweetcorn sauce (which tasted like corn chowder). Overall I'd say the food was a disappointment. Great cheese trolley though. Finally, it is VERY expensive - we paid £375 for two (a la carte), a bottle of excellent barbaresco and four glasses of wine. I would not rush back.Special Features:
- what a wonderlandWhiteBearDined on 15/9/2014The greenhouse is a brilliant French restaurant and my girlfriend and I had a unforgettable dining experience there. Tasting menu including seven well designed works of art and I like Crab the most, this dish is amazing in every aspect; the fioe gras tastes great and the smell will leave in your mouth in the next few hours, yummy!! In my points of view, the dinner I had in Greenhouse is better than Alain Duccaser in Dorchester, maybe next time I should taste the tasting menu of that three star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodenroute14Dined on 10/9/2014Food is exquisite, very attentive and friendly service. I just love the ambience of this restaurant sitting quietly in the heart of Mayfair. It is exactly like how it's described, an 'Oasis' and may I add gastronomic indulgence in such prestigious outset. I had a wonderful meal and would definitely like to come back again.Special Features:
- A very warm welcome in MayfairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Tucked away off Hayes Mews, the entrance is shielded from every day sounds and traffic by an intriguing pathway surrounded by verdant greenery. Entering a discreet reception I was immediately in a different world. Fantastic staff, discrete but immediate service, great attention to detail, superb food from the Prix Fixee menu with the meat course specially changed for me, a wine list that is a Tour de Force and an ambience that can best be described as "I feel very welcome, important, and my custom is the reason d'être of The Greenhouse. I have never before experienced this, even in the Savoy Grill Room where I had eaten some few weeks previously. No business client could fail to be impressed and as a romantic place to pop the question?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBabyscotlandDined on 6/9/2014It was the second time we went to Green house and it is always excellent. Everything is perfect. We love this place. It is our favorite restaurant in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Little out of the way place recommended by concierge. This is our second time and was as wonderful as the first. Pretty pricey but worth it. Next time in London, will go again.Special Features:
- Excellent and RomanticfoodiefunDined on 3/9/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday & we loved it. One of us had the six course meal which featured perfectly cooked lamb, john dory & foie gras. The meal began with Champagne & amuse bouche & we ended completely satisfied with beautiful desserts. The outdoor garden was beautiful & the quiet mews street it is located on is picturesque, classic London. Overall, we loved the meal. In fact, my boyfriend who is well fed and has eaten at a few Michelin Stars, confirmed that it was the best restaurant he has been into in the UK - best food, best ambiance & best service. Only warning is that you do get what you pay for, it is not cheap and vegetarians should probably dine elsewhere as the meat and seafood are the real winners here.Special Features:
- ReviewerDined on 2/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the 3 course set lunch. Great detail was put into every dish. Although the menu wasn't that varied, (choice of 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 desserts) my friend and I tried all dishes which were superb, not to mention the extra surprise dessert that they gave us as it was a birthday occasion. Will definitely go back soonSpecial Features:
- amazing experiencemadziabDined on 29/8/2014My husband and me had a fantastic time in The Greenhouse on Friday night. We had the discovery menu with matching wines. Food was amazing! Fusion of flavours was mind blowing... our somelier accomodated all our preferences and produced fabulous and very authentic wine list. Service was excellent. And even the taxi they ordered for as at the end of the night was great. All evening well worth the money spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealduchessDined on 27/8/2014One of the best dining experiences I have had. Great food, fabulous service, lovely locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHongkongerDined on 26/8/2014I had a lunch with my friend on a weekday at The Greenhouse. The food was generally very good. The starter and the dessert were particularly impressed. The starter and the main were good but not very outstanding. The service was excellent. The only thing I found a little bit disappointing was the air-conditioning. It was too hot and my friend and I were sweating during the whole meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.