The Grill at The Dorchester
London, W1K 1QANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
The Grill at The Dorchester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedorchester.com/the-grill
- Phone: 02073176501
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 7:00am - 10:30am, 12:00pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sat: 8:00am - 11:00am, 12:30pm - 3:00pm, 6:30pm - 11:00pm
Sun: 8:00am - 11:00am, 12:30pm - 3:30pm, 7:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Henry Brosi
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Grill at The Dorchester
The Grill at the Dorchester restaurant in London’s venerable Dorchester hotel on Park Lane has both an illustrious culinary history and a pretty brilliant current incarnation too.The dining room is a riot of baronial Scottish grandeur with murals of Scottish heroic figures, and the ambience has moved from reserved hush to glad chatter. Perfect for business schmoozing, chic cocktails and high-profile luncheons, The Grill at the Dorchester is the place to sip and be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grill at The Dorchester reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (133)romance (67)business meals (61)fit for foodies (60)afternoon tea (40)sunday lunch (31)outstanding value (24)brunch (19)pre/post theatre (13)group bookings (13)disabled access (9)good vegetarian options (7)child friendly (3)Show More
- Food good but too expensivescarletDined on 23/5/2014Food and drink good but too expensive and not up to the standard of the Savoy
- Excellent!kosaDined on 5/5/2014Top class service in a top class hotel. The experience was beyond my expectation. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Special weekday lunchPompeypamDined on 23/4/2014This is the third time I have met an old friend for lunch in the Dorchester Grill and I think it was the best meal so far. I love the ambiance of the room and the food is very good indeed - up to the standard of some of the 1 Michelin star establishments I have visited. The presentation was excellent and the food delicious. The glass of wine included in the menu was very nice indeed - a choice of Sauvignon Blanc or Merlot. The staff were most attentive and did not make us feel we were outstaying our welcome , even though we were still there at 3.40pm! I could not give an outstanding rating for value as my only criticism is the cost of the coffee - a small cup cost £6.50!!! a rise of £1 from my last visit.Special Features:
- AMAZEBALLSFO2012Dined on 12/4/2014The service here was super super great! Went for dinner with my friends (hen party) and the night was absolutely fabulous. We had 2 waiters looking after 4 and completely felt like royalty. Love the Dorchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fab Dining ExperienceFashionistaDined on 12/4/2014Third time we have done this offer. The food is great and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!KellyDined on 10/4/2014We had a great time at the Dorchester, waiters were attentive and friendly, we weren't treated differently because we were taking advantage of a deal and got all the extras a full paying customer would get. Amazing food, service and overall experience. I will definitely, definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ExperienceBonappetitDined on 10/4/2014The food was imaginative and a delight to eye and the palate. Delicious and will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding service makes up......HkbbcDined on 9/4/2014......for ok food..... Went for the 3 course dinner with a glass of champagne at £37 per head. Great value for money, choice of 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts. Starter of squid with red mullet was average tasting, although other diners choice of the soup and asparagus options looked much better. Mains were quite pedestrian too. Desserts much better. But the service was exceptional, hence I was more forgiving towards the standard of the food! Will come back again for sure. Worth trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden WeddingOzzieDined on 7/4/2014We were warmly welcomed at the Grill and also to afternoon tea a few days earlier. Both occasions were made very special by the friendly and attentive. For afternoon tea had a very well situated table near the brilliant pianist who played"Congratulations". Champagne was the perfect introduction to the best of afternoon teas served with panache and attention to every detail. This professional and very friendly service was repeated at the Grill later in the week. We would like to congratulate the staff and the Dorchester Hotel for making our 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration so very enjoyable and personal. A matchless occasion we will remember always. Thank you. Margaret and Stuart OsborneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for 3 course dinner forclementDined on 4/4/2014went for 3 course dinner for £37. service was excellent and overall very good value. highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday surpriseDavetalDined on 2/4/2014We took two friends for a surprise birthday lunch in The Grill at The Dorchester and none of us were disappointed. Delightful ambiance, friendly attentive staff, brilliant food and a good deal through Toptable. Precision with the service was a pleasure to observe throughout, and is an indication of the care taken with all the food and drink. The fixed price menu is limited in choice, but adequate for most people. We sampled most of it between us, and could find no significant faults. Well Done to the staff at The Dorchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding flavoursSf81Dined on 31/3/2014I went on the £37 3 course deal and wasn't disappointed. Excellent as I have come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsanandDined on 25/3/2014Great ambience and lovely food, especially the lunch offer for £30 with wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- £29 set lunch AmazingtgifridayDined on 24/3/2014We had the offer, £29 set lunch with a free glass of wine and it was a brilliant. The wine was delicious, the food divine and we even got petit fours. The staff were friendly but professional. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdaytigertigerDined on 24/3/2014I took my wife for her birthday. Food was top class. Guests enjoyed it. thanks.Special Features:
- Special OccasionsJacknGillDined on 19/3/2014Really enjoyed the afternoon. Service was attentive without being intrusive and the caramelised Rabbit was outstanding. Add to this the excellent ambience and I can definitely recommend this venue to anyone who wants somewhere to enjoy a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took all the family (8) forTotonpieDined on 16/3/2014Took all the family (8) for Sunday lunch, ate from both the set menu,exactly value and a la carte bit pricey! The beef was excellent, service attentive without being overpowering, all in all an excellent meal. It was a shame the restaurant was not busier as it did lack a bit of atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, very welcomingteebeeDined on 15/3/2014Lovely setting, very welcoming staff, great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite London restaurantHorsemanDined on 9/3/2014The Dorchester grill is an object lesson in how to run a restaurant. The food is supurbe and everything works perfectly.the service is the best anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal, fabulous serviceMilosbiggestfanDined on 9/3/2014What an outstanding evening. Been here many times and it never disappoints. Not just three courses, but pre-starter, amuse bouche, pre-dessert and a surprise anniversary cake! Service impeccable as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Lunch at the DorchSusiDined on 2/3/2014My husband, daughter and I went for Sunday lunch at the Dorchester to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The food was fabulous, the service excellent. We could not fault anything about it and will be going back again at the end of March :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant way to spend a rainy dayJuleslovesfoodDined on 28/2/2014I met a friend for lunch taking advantage of the three courses for £29.00. The service was excellent as was the food. The bread basket was a nice way to start as you always worry in these sort of venues that the portions are going to be tiny but in fact they were fine. My friend paid the extra £8.00 and had the roast beef which looked lovely. A service charge was included which I didn't mind as the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceLMPPutneyDined on 27/2/2014We had a lovely time at The Grill Dorchester - food was amazing and the service was excellent. Great value with the special £37 for 3 courses and glass of champagne. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Fabulous service, a touch of classtigertigerDined on 27/2/2014Took my wife out for lunch at The Grill; waiters very hospital and polite; food A* even for a set lunch. Highly recommended. Thank you AntonioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming EveningAllenDined on 23/2/2014Always enjoy an evening at The Dorchester - beautiful dining room, great food and lovely staff. Antonio, our totally charming wine waiter helped select a beautiful wine to match the food. Great night - many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service!!!OlesyaDined on 22/2/2014I chose this beautiful restaurant to celebrate the birthday with my two boys and our big family. We ordered two cake which were delicious. For my kids I have ordered the sign of the restaurant -the grilled fish and the chief was very kind to share big adult portion to kids. They have children's menu in case your kids prefer pizza or pasta. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at The Dorchestermmills84Dined on 21/2/2014From beginning to end we were treated as if we were incredibly special. There was no false smiles or dragging of heels, it was comleted by the generosity and accommodating nature of the staff. The food was beautiful and very filling. We recommend the pecan pie. The only negetive I have is that the wine list is more like an encyclopedia. It seems that every region in France is covered. For some this is heaven but I found it almost exhausting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent as always!julieDined on 17/2/2014This is not my first time at the Grill and the experience was as great as ever! I highly recommend it, as the food and service is excellent! JuliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionursthenurseDined on 16/2/2014the service and ambience is second to none . the decor , flowers and opulence is wonderful . the starters and pudding were amazing but main course was a let down . expensive but worth it for a 50 th celebration .Special Features:
- The Grill's classic fine diningShazzaDined on 15/2/2014Great sommelier and good service in a modern yet classic venue. Massive Scottish scenes and tratan with red velvet chairs. It's a good venue for a special occasion. I always have the set lunch as it's the best value and the wine is pricey. What I liked was the sommelier did not always recommend the most expensive wine and did pick according to food and taste. Good service, approachable yet classic and not invasive. The food was good but have been to a couple of paces that just had the edge on the food and they were still uppermost in my mind. I'd recommend it and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ugly dining roomladyalicestarDined on 14/2/2014This was an unbelievable dining experience. First of all, the room itself is depressing and very ugly. It is unbelievable to me why this room is so vulgar and in bad taste. There is o charm or beauty anywhere. We have eaten in other restaurants at The Dorchester and they are wonderful, why The Grill is a disaster is beyond explanation. The food was ordinary, the service just ok. We will never go there again.
- Valentine celebrationmedia1Dined on 14/2/2014My husband and I had a wonderful lunch at The Grill. We had a three course meal and a glass of wine for a very impressive £29 which was a set meal deal. It was extremely good value but if we had ordered any more wine other than the free glass received in the deal it would have become extremely expensive. There was a choice of three options for each course. Both my husband and I enjoyed all courses thoroughly and yet we had both chosen different food options for each course. The service was extremely good. The staff are very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab mealSarahlouDined on 13/2/2014My partner and I visited this restaurant for his birthday for lunch. The staff were very attentive and friendly, the meal was excellent and well worth the money, we would visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The decor a little crazy food goodBournefreeVIPDined on 9/2/2014Excellent welcome spot on service ,Sunday lunch a bargain if you just Stick to table d hote at £37 for 3 course incl the lovely roast beef. The food allows you ,almost , to forgive the crazy decor why did they do this ? The wonderful old bar transformed also into a sort of bordello -by day horrible.Special Features:
- Worth tryingGourmetDined on 8/2/2014I have always heard good reviews on The Grill at The Dorchester so I decided to dine there for a special occasion. The staff is very attentive. The food was nice but not as good as the one that you can get in other restaurants in London. It's worth trying but I would not go back.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceminieaterDined on 2/2/2014we spent our anniversary there and had the set sunday lunch, nothing could be faulted, the staff were attentive, we were given a good table, with a view of the whole restaurant. The food was delicious and very reasonable. They gave us a special anniversary cake which was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good ambience and FoodJane123Dined on 4/1/2014Lovely table, warm atmosphere. Not particularly busy that day but still nice atmosphere. Staff very friendly and pleasant. Food good, tasty, well presented. It was our friend's 60th birthday and they bought out a lovely little cake with Happy Birthday on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at dorchester grillfoodieDined on 31/12/2013i treated 2 guests to lunch Overall experience was fine if you like dated ambience Our roast beef was tasteless, and yorkshire pudding was disappointingly dried out
- Well worth a visitYumyumVIPDined on 28/12/2013The thing that stands out the most about dining at the grill at the Dorchester was the service. The staff that particular lunchtime, were so very good at what they do and they looked after us beautifully. They were just really nice too. The red mullet soup starter I had was divine. The bread was just too good and plentiful and we ended up eating lots of it. The main courses were fine, a bit cold, but it often is off the grill. The roast potatoes were rather poor too. This did not however spoil the occasion as everything else was so good. We had booked a special offer which we felt was really very good value. I look forward to dining there again. An overall very enjoyable experience. Thank you so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belinda63Belinda63VIPDined on 21/12/2013Very enjoyable afternoon for lunch and food was delicious although we needed to question the wine as my glass was taken away before our bottle was finished. Very surprised at the VAT of 20% still being added to the price quoted on top table.