The Grill at The Dorchester
London, W1K 1QANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
The Grill at The Dorchester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedorchester.com/the-grill
- Phone: 02073176501
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 7:00am - 10:30am, 12:00pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sat: 8:00am - 11:00am, 12:30pm - 3:00pm, 6:30pm - 11:00pm
Sun: 8:00am - 11:00am, 12:30pm - 3:30pm, 7:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Henry Brosi
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Grill at The Dorchester
The Grill at the Dorchester restaurant in London’s venerable Dorchester hotel on Park Lane has both an illustrious culinary history and a pretty brilliant current incarnation too.The dining room is a riot of baronial Scottish grandeur with murals of Scottish heroic figures, and the ambience has moved from reserved hush to glad chatter. Perfect for business schmoozing, chic cocktails and high-profile luncheons, The Grill at the Dorchester is the place to sip and be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grill at The Dorchester reviews from OpenTable diners
- great outingZogotDined on 24/12/2012Christmas Eve Lunch and the food and service were excellent. Beautifully presented. A lovely lunch restaurant, relaxing and elegant. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treat at the DorchesterFabgrub2012Dined on 23/12/2012I took my boyfriend to the Dorcester Grill for his birthday. The service was good and very welcoming. The food was outstanding. We chose the 3 course with champagne deal and we ordered the mash as a side which was delicious. There were also quiet a few palette cleansers added to the deal which were lovely. The waiters brought a lovely birthday chocolate cake with candle as a surprise and proceeded to sing "Happy Birthday" which made him feel very special. Overall, we left the grill feeling very full. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again and againOutatownOllieDined on 22/12/2012Took my long out of London Friend to the Grill at the Dorchester for a pre Christmas dinner and as always the service was perfect. There was perhaps too many dishes with chefs requisite "foam" but it did make the dinner amusing as my party know how much I detest foam or air on menus, a personal preference which did not spoil a wonderful evening. Again and again after many visits perfect service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in overallgr8dineDined on 19/12/2012The Grill at the Dorchester was fantastic in overall. They made my children's first wedding anniversary very special with an extra touch and service. Always feel great every time we go to the Grill for special occasion. Would strongly advise to my family and friends to enjoy The Grill at the Dorchester and the whole team's professional service. Thanks very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really excellent toodDavidDined on 19/12/2012Our first experience of a meal at the Dorchester- exemplory service throughout but it was the quality of the food that really won the day. Each course was fantastic in presentation and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to The Grill for lunchJacqui1412Dined on 19/12/2012We went to The Grill for lunch as a belated birthday treat and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding - we ate the sea bass and the pork and both were faultless. A fantastic treat in a warm and friendly environment and an experience I would certainly recommend. Superb value for money and we will return.Special Features:
- Lunch at the DorchestermemiDined on 18/12/2012Lunch was good but I felt the Dorchester was in need of a bit of a facelift. The decor in the grill room was heavy and dark. OK for business lunches but not condusive to ladies who lunch. There was a much nicer ambiance in the hall and I have booked to have afternoon tea there in 2013.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection in every wayMrsPunchDined on 18/12/2012Not long after we sat down, we were brought a variety of home made breads with 3 types of butter so we tucked in, trying not to be too greedy. For starters we had hake and a mushroom dish topped with a poached hen's egg. Both were very tasty and well executed. To follow, my husband went vegetarian with butternut squash risotto and I had lamb. Again, both dishes were beautifully presented and faultless. We declined pudding as we are not big eaters but our waiter still brought petit fours to our table. We then decided to have tea (we don't drink coffee) and were brought miniature mince pies and chocolate chip cookies. We sat there until almost 4pm and were not hurried to leave. We will return soon to try the roast beef on the trolley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening for a specialWXYZDined on 17/12/2012A lovely evening for a special occasion. The food was outstanding and ambience superb. Service was good but a little slow, although to be fair, they did apologise - twice - for keeping us waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, shame about the servicekitkatDined on 17/12/2012Dispite arriving on time we were directed to the bar as the table was not ready. It took 20 minutes to take a drinks order, 10 minutes to serve the drinks and then twice asking to be told we could go through to the restaurant, who then kept us waiting in the corridor for a further 10 minutes before showing us to the table almost an hour later than the booking. Despite good service at the table and outstanding food we were then not able to have a full three courses due to the time constraint but they still kept us waiting for the petit fours. These were complementary and very nice should we have been served on time in the first place but we were then extrememly rushed. Such a shame tht the fabulous food and waiting staff were let down by thi
- Ridiculously good!!!bayboyaboutnw1Dined on 17/12/2012Another fine meal at the grill. The top table deals is fab and the wine list excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchKarenVIPDined on 16/12/2012You can only pass compliments on the exemplary service and first class food that is served in the Grill at the Dorchester. The Sunday lunch is a treat and would recommend to anyone who likes that little something special and does not mind paying a bit over the odds. Superb location, great food and first class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFrankieDined on 15/12/2012I booked dinner at The Grill as a birthday treat for my partner and we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Past reviewers were right - the service is fantastic, the food very very good (even on the set menu) and the overall experience a positive one. We've already recommended it to friends and are planning to return. Soon. Thank you for helping us enjoy the birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic night outhud85Dined on 14/12/2012A lovely evening with fantastic food with lots of great choice and amazing service. Would love to come back again. Thank you for making it a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xmas Lunch at Dorchester GrillcsfoodieDined on 14/12/2012All food, wine, service, ambiance as you would expect from this top class hotel. The set price lunch was excellent value and all staff very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchPeeforDined on 14/12/2012Despite trying out other well known restaurants throughout the year we came back to The Grill at The Dorchester for the 2nd year running for our Christmas lunch as the food and service we received last year was so good we wanted to repeat it. They didn't let us down. The food was excellent and the service first class. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and serviceThomasDined on 13/12/2012I had seen that service was not included in the price of £31 but had taken this to mean that service was discretionary. I was surprised therefore to see that the hotel had added 12.5% "discretionary service charge" to the bill making the price for the food element nearly £35 each. I felt that 12.5% was a high service charge, but more importantly felt that this charge was deliberately hidden. It would have been more honest to state that a service charge of 12.5% would be added. I felt that this was something that was not worthy of the Dorchester. Would I have booked if I had known the service charge was 12.5%. Probably, but the hiding of the charge did change my opinion of the hotel.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous eveningkatherineDined on 13/12/2012We had a fabulous evening at the Dorchester Grill. The food and service were amazing. The 2 course plus champagne was outstanding value.Special Features:
- An excellent lunchoutoftowndinerDined on 13/12/2012It was almost perfect, and certainly very enjoyable. But for one or two minor, but important in this standard of restaurant, faults in the service, it would have merited 'excellent'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiting staff were lovelyclifftopsDined on 13/12/2012The waiting staff were lovely and very attentive. The menu of the day was limited to 3 dishes per course but the food we ordered was fantastic. Overall we had a very nice lunch, and very good value at £23.00 for two courses. Wine was expensive.Special Features:
- the deal offered by the DorchesterBellaDined on 12/12/2012the deal offered by the Dorchester on Top Table is a real chance to experience outstanding service, amazing food and all in a wonderful atmosphere without paying the earth. I have been twice already!!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for my wife's birthday.AAandSADined on 12/12/2012Went for my wife's birthday. Chose from the lunch set menu which was good value. Service and food were excellent. Very relaxing atmosphere. Would definitely recommend it, and will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valuesc11Dined on 12/12/2012I went to the Grill at the Dorchester for our office lunch. It is such a lovely venue particularly at Christmas. There was a great atmosphere with wonderful food and excellent service. The set menu is great with a good choice of food. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine dining experienceFranVIPDined on 11/12/2012Four of us had lunch on Tuesday at The Grill at the Dorchester. The food was exceptional and must rate amongst the best London has to offer. The menu looked innovative and exciting, and the food lived up to it. My husband raved about his pickled mussels starter, my cod was cooked to perfection and three of us positively drooled over the chocolate hazelnut dessert.....exquisite. This toptable deal has to be unbeatable, especially in the glamorous ambience of The Dorchester, where there was no pressure on us to leave the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shopping & LunchdelishDined on 11/12/2012A trip to London with my daughter was arranged and booking somewhere for lunch suggested then the top table email pinged into my inbox. Lunch and a glass of wine for £23.00 at the Dorchester seemed too good to be true. The staff were friendly and the food divine. As we also had 2 gin and tonics and a bottle of water instead of a jug it was more than £23 per head but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I had our ChristmasgrandnoVIPDined on 11/12/2012My friend and I had our Christmas here and as usual we were very pleased with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantPrizDined on 10/12/2012Went to the Dorchester with a friend. Had originally bought a deal on Toptable as a birthday gift. Was nice, waiting staff very attentive ... had an amuse bouche (eel ... not my thing), six types of bread. The deal was for 2 courses and a glass of champagne. Good experience but there are many restos I would go to again in lieu of returning. With wine at £11 a glass and beer £7 a bottle 'twas a bit OTT. Glad I went but wouldn't return.Special Features:
- The Dorchester GrillleslieVIPDined on 10/12/2012Perfect place to celebrate the holidays. The food is delicious and the set menu lunch deal on Top Table with a glass of wine is excellent value. Two of us had the roast beef carved at the table, the quality of the meat was excellent. This is a traditional room where you can dine graciously in elegant surroundings.Special Features:
- A special eveningKamilaDined on 9/12/2012We celebrated our 10th Anniversary. First we had a drink in the Bar. The dinner was a special experience. High quality customer service, delicious food. No rush, just enjoying the atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2012For anyone who likes their food and add a little twist to tried and tested combinations this place is very nice indeed. Lobby restaurant it may be but the quality oozes off the plateSpecial Features:
- Queen of Parl LaneFoodieDined on 8/12/2012The Dorchester for lunch was again memorable. Perfect in every particular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great valueMattDined on 7/12/2012Really good food, beautifully presented, complete with excellent service. The decor is perhaps a little tired, but this can be overlooked when compared with the outstanding food. Excellent flavors and a diverse choice from the set three course menu. Very highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas at the DorchesterIJgourmetVIPDined on 7/12/2012The evening started as always by graceful greeting at the entrance to the restaurant and then we were guided to our table. All in all, a beautiful experience with super food as an art form served to us by impeccable serving staff. We will return, as we have already booked a table in January 2013!Special Features:
- Great way to finish the dayMrJDPDDined on 6/12/2012Booked the night before, had the Daily Specials Menu, 3 courses £35 per head including a glass of champagne. A lovely touch. Each course was punctuated by an pallet cleanser, whic was a nice touch. Service and staff we fantastic, could not fault them at all. No rush to finish or leave and a wonderful day finish Christmas shopping. Will be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday present for mother..NickDined on 6/12/2012Bought a Top Table 3 course deal for 2 for my Mother's birthday. She had a great time. Said the food was fantastic and the staff very attentive. Obviously the surroundings at the Dorchester are also very nice, so all-in-all a very successful present!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal at the GrillLeeBDined on 5/12/2012My Partner and I ate here on Wednesday 5th for dinner on the TT offer of £35 for a 3 course including a glass of champagne. Wonderful evening, food superb and service excellent. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning hotel and restaurant,dawnieDined on 5/12/2012Stunning hotel and restaurant, set menu good value for money and best serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinkFionaHDined on 5/12/2012Lovely evening at the Dorchester - food was great and lots of lovely little touches that make such a difference (3 different butters, pre-dessert etc.) and very civilised atmosphere. The Toptable menu had 3 options for each course, all very appealing. As ever with these high end offers, it's really easy to really push the total bill up significantly with wine etc (N.B. vegetables and side dishes were also extra), but well worth it for a treat. My only reservation is how close we were to the neighbouring table - we had to make an effort not to hear the conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be betterFionajmacVIPDined on 5/12/2012Food came before wine, the usual faux pars that you wouldn't expect at The Grill. Waited quite a while for food too. When it came it was excellent though & the decor, ambience & the fun of dining at The Dorchester is well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the DorchesterluvLondonDined on 5/12/2012The Dorchester was all I expected it to be and more. Excellent food, impeccable service and charming surroundings. We took advantage of the Top Table offer and could not fault it. Our waiters were informative, attentive and courteous. The food was of excellent quality with good presentation and choice. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Dorchester for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.