The Living Room - Bristol
Building 11, Harbourside, Canons Way
Bristol, BS1 5TYNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
The Living Room - Bristol
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thelivingroom.co.uk/
- Phone: 01179253993x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 12.00pm - 10.00pm
Monday - Thursday 11.00am -11.00pm
Friday - Saturday 11.00am - 1.00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Available for part or total hire, and able to cater for a range of events from corporate dining to wedding receptions - The Living Room can create menus tailored to your budget, and their Events Organiser will be on hand with ideas and support to make your event as smooth running and special as possible.
- Entertainment: Live piano and vocals friday - Sat evenings from 8.00pm and on Sunday lunch from 2pm - a stylish mix of blues, soul and boogie. For more information please follow this link to our events and music calander...
- Special Events: The Living Room has hosted Wedding Receptions, Fashion Shows, TV launches, Corporate Events and more - just our Events Coordinator to find out how our venue can provide the perfect setting for your event.
A word from The Living Room - Bristol
At The Living Room our focus remains on sourcing the best quality ingredients, preparing them simply and delivering bags of flavour and texture on the plate. This is good, honest, robust and stylish food with its origins firmly in the European tradition with international touches. A selection of Home Comforts - Our TLR burger, beer battered cod and chips – are designed for easy eating yet there are also more elaborate dishes like our aromatic seafood bisque, Goan chicken curry with okra and our sharing dishes like the fantastic table bbq which will be brought to your table smoking.. We now have our Grazer selection and our slider burgers which are designedfor casual snacking. All-day opening is designed to facilitate easy access and reinforces a core ethos behind The Living Room; you, the guest, is the one empowered to make decisions and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do that, enjoy it and be comfortable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Living Room - Bristol reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (30)group bookings (22)romance (17)fit for foodies (16)business meals (15)pre/post theatre (15)brunch (9)sunday lunch (8)good vegetarian options (6)outstanding value (6)disabled access (3)child friendly (2)afternoon tea (2)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- a big mistakeproperfoodieDined on 22/5/2014As soon as I walked into the restaurant I knew I had made a mistake booking a table. The retaurant is brash and noisy. The food when it arrived was less than average and appeared to have been pre-frozen not to mention over priced. Although the staff were friendly the service was chaotic and on at least two occasions my guests has to go in search of missing items from their order. We won't be going there again.
- Exceptional valueTheatregoerDined on 22/5/2014The set price menu is outstanding value and the food is very good indeed. Last visit was spoilt by having to wait 10 minutes at the food reception desk to be seated and finally giving up and wandering into the seated area to grab a waitress. Apart from that it was as good as ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/5/2014seen a waitress drop food on the floor put it back on plate and still serve to customers !!!! I am coeliac and was not impressed with the gluten free knowledge
- Tried and testedRossVIPDined on 16/5/2014We visited twice in one weekend. The first time was to dine with two of our grown up sons. As ever the food was good as was the service. It is always a treat to get money off with our Living Room card. We went back again late afternoon the next day to sit outside and enjoy a peaceful glass of wine when all of the waterfront bars were rammed.
- Bit of a joke!SophiePDined on 4/5/2014Didn't have any Pork, Polenta, Cod or Salmon for food on offer & didn't have blackberries for the cocktail on offer! Resturant was empty, but had poor service?? Took 20 minutes to make 3 cocktails, which consisted of ice, more ice & a bit of mint! 3 hours into there lunch service & they'd run out of the above?!! Mmmmm....Special Features:
- Major let downDisappointeddinerDined on 4/5/2014After several good meals over the passed few years we will now never return. There was a huge event on in Bristol over the weekend which attracted thousands of people. With this in mind there was only 2 waiting staff, 2 bar staff and kitchen staff. The bar was packed and restaurant busy. The chef repeatedly screamed 'service' from the kitchen which was very annoying and off putting when trying to have a conversation. The food itself was terrible. Dried up roast potatoes, cold meat and bland. The waiter didn't even ask how everything was when we paid the bill. Such a shame as in the past we had enjoyed our meals here.
- DisappointingmjasDined on 3/5/2014Living Room was recommended by a friend as good for a date, but my first drink order was wrong, the toast with my duck parfait was clearly old bread, the sliders were very dry, my date had to change her wine order twice, her duck was extremely tough and the service was a bit slow even though it wasn't busy. I would have made more of an issue of it if I wasn't on a date...
- Disapointingkat97Dined on 20/4/2014On arrival bar was dirty with spilt drinks. we were seated to the worst table in the restaurant what was in the corner with a ceiling to floor cupboard next to us what made as feel trapped. I could understand if it was the last table left but the restaurant was dead. Asked to move. Lot of items not available on the menu and not all the drinks we ordered arrived. We later move into the bar area, went to order a second drink and was told the bar was closed. I understand the bar closing as there was only a few people in there but surely we should of been told and had the option to order a final drink. Very poor service and the standard of food was a let down. Would not recommend to anyone, had to made a selection above to complete my review.
- Nice food good atmosphereBigeaterDined on 19/4/2014Dinner for two, good food reasonably priced except for the buttered chicken starter, which amounted to 3 very small chicken wings in a large box, with 2 dips, price, just over £6. Shame as other than this food was of good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor serviceDinerDined on 29/3/2014We booked a pre theatre table for 5.30 We waited 20 mins for our drinks order. Our food arrived and looked lovely - however my £25 fillet steak was over cooked. Did I complain no - why it to so long to get we wouldn't have had time to wait again. We were given dessert menus but by the time he came to take the orders we had to go, table next to us had been waiting 20 mins for their desserts which still hadn't arrived. We asked for the bill which after waiting 15 mins to pay we took to the bar to pay. So out one course meal took 1.5hrs. On the plus side the sides were delicious, the desserts looked heavenly and the ambience was nice. Would I return? yes for an evening with no time constraints if you have somewhere to be I'd give it a miss.Special Features:
- A pleasant evening good foodLuv2eatoutDined on 14/3/2014A pleasant evening good food & friendly attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice atmosphere, mealdan2306Dined on 8/3/2014Very nice atmosphere, meal was very good with a nice choice of options on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!TinkerDined on 3/3/2014I visited The Livingroom for my 25th birthday and keeping it short the whole experience was outstanding. The only slight hinder to the experience was the lack of staff which meant longer waiting times, and there were mistakes with our order. I would definatley visit the branch again was the best food I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Lunch?Banners1969Dined on 1/3/2014Very nice venue, bright and airy with a decent sized bar and two floors of seating. Service was excellent, we were there at lunch time and the bar manager greeted us on arrival. Both the barman and waiter were very professional, friendly and efficient, further adding to the experience. Food was very nice and reasonably priced and the background music was very soothing and non intrusive. One of our party had dietary requirements, and this hasd been picked up in my booking and a separate menu catering for this provided ... one of the few restaurants in Bristol to do so. We had a great lunch and will definately return, although I will stick to lunchtimes as I would imagine it can be very busy in the evenings ... and that's not for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad acousticsBMTLDined on 22/2/2014The service was running late so we had to wait for our table. It was difficult to hear each other over the live music, which was quite loud. The reason for this became obvious when the set finished - the acoustics meant that everything echoed, so the set had to be loud to be heard above the background noise. Most of my party only ordered a main course. From a 9pm booking, this meant most didn't get anything to eat until 10:20, much to the annoyance of my guests. When the mains did arrive, some were better pleased than others. The meat dishes proved to have been the best choice, with the chips deserving a special mention. It's almost worth going back just for them. If I were to go here again, I would definitely try to get in early.Special Features:
- Just one let downBazzyBDined on 22/2/2014We used the restaurant for an evening birthday celebration for 10 people. I booked online which was easy and the table we were given was fine, very comfortable and tucked away upstairs which was nice. The food and service was good. The only let down was the background music. The early entertainment of a pianist/singer was ok if a little loud but the background music later in the evening was awful. far too modern for the restaurant and so loud we couldn't hear ourselves speak and we were upstairs in a corner! I would recommend to others and would possibly go again myself but certainly not on a Saturday night and it may not be my first choice. What a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodSJayDined on 21/2/2014Excellent choice of food on the menu, service was a bit slow but at least we didn't feel rushed. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantast atmosphereDom4Dined on 14/2/2014Atmosphere and ambience were great. Friendly and professional service. Unfortunately very mediocre food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Evening spoiled by menujdgriffsDined on 14/2/2014We arrived at 9.15pm for our 9.45pm booking which was promptly confirmed and was quickly asked to wait and get drinks in the bar area....this was not easy as the bar was very busy with only three staff on.... Once seated the atmosphere was very pleasant, with a pianist playing etc. and nice décor and lighting, it did feel quite romantic to be honest. We were then given the set menu and left to decide what we wanted....we both decided but on the waitresses return we were told various items were not available, leaving only fish dishes to start, (my partner doesn't eat fish!) and then to top it the main my partner required was also unavailable.?
- ValentineBindyDined on 14/2/2014The food and service are just great, would prefer to be seated upstairs as away from the noise and hub of the bar area better for couples who wish to communicate during meal and wish to dine in a relaxed environmentSpecial Features:
- Quality vs QuantityFinedinerDined on 14/2/2014I cannot fault the quality of either of my three courses, but the portions were exceptionally small. Maybe more for money would be good. But overall an amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living Room BristolPtrdDined on 7/2/2014Service good have been better particularly as the restaurant was not overly busy. Food was well cooked and presented well although I did not like the fact that your veg was charged as extras. A way to boost the cost of the meal. Otherwise we enjoyed our dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first rate experienceLansdownwindDined on 31/1/2014We booked for a pre-theatre meal for four at 17:30 on a Friday night. The welcome was warm and the service was excellent without being over the top and annoying. The staff were very friendly and professional. The food was absolutely wonderful and there were no complaints. This was with 50% off the final bill (excluding drinks) so the value was fantastic. It really set the evening off to a great start. If there was a problem it was with the poor lighting. It was very hard to read the menu. We will definately come here again and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- We had a good timeReddyDined on 30/1/2014Thirteen of us went out go for an evening meal. The food was great. I had gnocchi with samphire, broccoli and ricotta which was lovely. The only drawback was we were kept waiting ages for menus. Great atmosphere though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiting timenicky1Dined on 29/1/2014The food was really good but the service left a lot to be desired[not the staffs fault]Bad management in far too few staff for the amount of tables that had been booked for the evening, never mind any that walked in without a reseveration .Special Features:
- Enjoyable January treatmuseummollDined on 28/1/2014Stylish, comfortable, good service, wide choice if nicely presented, contemporary cooking. Our group of 8 colleagues from major museums across the UK enjoyed an informal supper together on Tuesday 28 January. We felt comfortable and ate well at a remarkably affordable meal, thanks to The Living Room's January offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereFoodie82Dined on 24/1/2014Cocktails excellent. Scallops starter amazing, eat from left to right! Steak cooked to perfection. Pianist at the weekend lovely. Gets loud upstairs. Love the living room. Going back next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- January food dealTeresaDined on 24/1/2014I was impressed with the staff at The Living Room. They were very attentive and professional and offered to bring us another bottle of white wine when ours wasn't completely chilled. We declined, as they had already poured most of it out in our glasses. The food was very good, even better because we had 50% off the bill in the January food deal. The piano player was a little too loud and we were unable to talk while he was playing. Not sure if i would be as happy if we had paid 100% of the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service deteriorationJREREESDined on 15/1/2014The service has unfortunately deteriorated in the last few months and disappointing that multiple items on the menu were un-available. I wonder if a new manager is neededSpecial Features:
- pre theatre dinner delightfoodjunkieDined on 11/1/2014We have eaten at the living room a few times and the food is consistently delicious. How do they make the scrumptious chicken crackling? We had a private booth with excellent attention from our waiter it felt really exclusive. Perfect start to our theatre evening. We will be back and thoroughly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year Celebrationlittlebee1Dined on 31/12/2013We had a lovely time celebrating the new year with friends.Congratulations to the chef the food was lovely.Service however was a little slow and it wasn't busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful meal to kick off 2014!NatlovesdinnersDined on 31/12/2013My boyfriend and I visited the Living Room on New Years Eve, and were not disappointed. The service was incredibly good- our waiter was very attentive and polite and despite the fact that our table was tucked away in a fairly private corner, we never felt overlooked as the restaurant became quite busy. We dined from the set menu which had a lot of choice, and we didn't struggle to choose something we liked.For a special occasion like New Years Eve, the Living Room is a great choice as the set menu is surprisingly good value and the food is excellent. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- A real disappointmentLikesgoodserviceDined on 28/12/2013I went to this restaurant for my office Christmas lunch where the service was slow. I put this down to the volume of people on the day and decided to give The Living Room a second chance when I was asked to book to meet old friends. Whilst the food was good, the service again was slower than slow culminating in us leaving before dessert ( we had waited long enough with no one taking our order). The place was not busy, there was one person who seemed to be serving us but was not visible whenever we needed attention. The ladies loos really need maintenance - most doors have broken locks, one had no loo roll dispenser and another cubicle was missing a loo seat. We shall not be returning.
- Anniversary DinnerMikeDined on 7/12/2013The food was excellent but the service left a bit to be desired - just little things: wrong cutlery (twice), coffee served before dessert had arrived. Waiter forgetting to come back and collect payment. The sort of things that should be simple to do but take the edge off when they go wrong. Would still go back again for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, nice place,McDaveDined on 7/12/2013Very good food, nice place, excellent evening in all. Only slight issue was lack of air conditioning which meant my guests were a little uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surroundings and food weregonchypooDined on 7/12/2013Surroundings and food were lovely but it took far too long to get the staffs attention if you wanted anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing, could be better.Girls30thdinnerDined on 30/11/2013After looking forward to my celebrating my 30th birthday here with 7 other friends we were left feeling dissapointed.The restaurant itself was lovely; in a lovely location, with nice lighting, a live singer and was full of 30 and 40 somethings enjoying their saturday night.But a few things on the menu were not available - duck liver parafIt and the fishcakes (sold out!), as well as White Zinafandel Rose (sold out!) and one of the chocolate desserts (sold out!).The waiting staff didn't have much of a clue as to what they were bringing and to which table they were brinign it too.And we were charged a service charge of £22, of which no one previously informed me of. This is the most annoying because we didn't feel the service was worth £22.
- Sunday evening in BristoltimarisuDined on 24/11/2013We were pleased this restaurant was open on a Sunday evening (many are closed) for a pre graduation family dinner. As such it worked well. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful (Lithuanian). Food OK but nothing exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantglutenfreeDined on 17/11/2013Great restaurant my wife is gluten free and they don't have a seperate menu yet so the cheft made her meal special so we had a great enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ain't what it used to be2sidesoftriangleDined on 16/11/2013Shame - used to be a vibrant place with a good menu; great friendly service and good food. But now the service has dropped off the scale ... menu uninspiring and the food is cold by the time it arrives ....wine poor and heavily over priced ... a real shame indeed! Time to find somewhere else to go in Brizz methinks!