The Living Room - Glasgow
150 Vincent Street
Glasgow, G2 5NENeighbourhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: £25 and under
The Living Room - Glasgow
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelivingroom.co.uk/
- Phone: 01412290607
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Tuesday 11:00AM-11:00PM; Wednesday-Thursday 11:00AM-12:00AM; Friday-Saturday 11:00AM-3:00AM; Sunday 12:30PM-11:00AM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Global, International, Comfort Food, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater to your occasion whether it be large or small with plenty of options available to you from sit down dinners to buffet and bar reservations.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 private areas, one that holds 20 guests and another called the Captain's Table that holds 12 guests. We can also accommodate parties from 2 -140 dining and have capacity for events up to 350 people utilizing the bar area.
- Private Party Contact: Jenn Muir 01412290607
- Entertainment: live musicians Wed, Thurs, Friday and Saturday Night From 8.30pm. Resident DJ’s from 10.30pm every Friday and Saturday night
A word from The Living Room - Glasgow
At The Living Room Glasgow our focus remains on sourcing the best quality ingredients, preparing them simply and delivering bags of flavour and texture on the plate. This is good, honest, robust and stylish food with its origins firmly in the European tradition with international touches. There is nothing frilly or fancy. All-day opening is designed to facilitate easy access and reinforces a core ethos behind The Living Room; you, the customer, is the one empowered to make decisions and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do that, enjoy it and be comfortable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
The Living Room - Glasgow - Best restaurants in Glasgow ›
The Living Room - Glasgow reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since 21 October 2013
special occasions (103)romance (89)group bookings (63)business meals (62)pre/post theatre (62)fit for foodies (52)outstanding value (32)sunday lunch (31)brunch (21)good vegetarian options (17)afternoon tea (13)disabled access (13)child friendly (5)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Fantastic RestaurantskycoDined on 18/10/2014This is my second visit to the Living Room and i was impressed yet again by the exemplary service, atmosphere and food. Due to traffic we were running a little late, so i phoned ahead to let them know and the person i spoke to on the phone was amazingly friendly; letting me know that it wasn't an issue. When we arrived and made our way in there was a gent singing and playing the piano which was a really nice touch. Lovely staff, great food however not sure if i was out of luck that night but the beer selection was pretty poor. Overall, great place, wouldn't think twice about going again.Special Features:
- FantasticUrquhakDined on 18/10/2014Excellent food with extremely excellent staff who appears so friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at The Living Room, largely due to the attentive, honest and welcoming staff. The food was very good indeed and great value for money with a menu that was simple and varied and food that was well cooked and presented. The extensive wine list is impressive as is the talents for the many cocktail specialists who kept us entertained throughout the evening.
- ExcellentDCMcDined on 20/9/2014A fantastic lunch with prompt, friendly service pre-theater followed by post theater drinks again with excellent service and a fantastic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take great peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Food was great, drinks amazing! Great way to start a Saturday night out. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodyFiDined on 30/8/2014Excellent service and brilliant food for great value! Highly recommend the buttermilk fried chicken burger. Cocktails were yummy too! Staff were friendly; couldn't ask for a better dining experience :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Meal60yearsyoungDined on 30/8/2014Booked for a party of 15 including children and an adult in a wheelchair. Staff were fantastic and service very good.Special Features:
- Excellent placeErinkieDined on 30/8/2014I would highly recommend The Living Room to anyone, have been there twice now and couldn't fault it in the slightest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Anniversary DinnerAmyMacDined on 23/8/2014We went to the Living Room Glasgow on our first date, and make a point of going back every year on our anniversary. On arrival we were greeted and shown to our table. Being veggie, I normally don't have much of a choice to make when I eat out, but there were 3 or 4 options that all sounded amazing, so it took me a while to decide! I ended up asking our waiter for his recommendation, which he was very honest with - I really appreciated that, it made me trust him, so I went for the gnocci - which was amazing! We asked for garlic bread with our main which didn't come, and no waiters had passed so we couldn't ask for it. They apologised for the error and gave us our desert on the house which made up for it. Already looking forward to next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely mealCR1980Dined on 23/8/2014Really enjoy visiting here. Food is lovely, great quality, well presented and tasty. Service is friendly and warm. Cocktails well worth splashing out on too.Special Features:
- ExcellentRachanneDined on 23/8/2014Loved the setting, the options for cocktails and food and the service was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Lovely eveningJaneyrx1Dined on 13/8/2014My partner and I are regulars of The Living Room when it comes to special occasions. We dined here on 13/8 for my partners birthday and it did not dissapoint! Service was excellent despite the young man being rushed off his feet he did not show this, very attentive, great banter and always ensuring we had plenty to drink! Food was delicious as usual, can not fault it! We look forward to coming back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely lunchTDuckDined on 2/8/2014Close to the central train station. Short walk from the centre of town. Went for lunch during the last weekend of the commonwealth games. It was surprisingly quiet. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Large menu, lots of variety, which sometime made it difficult to choose. More than happy to go back.Special Features:
- Very good - just check the billOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014We ate here and the drinks and food were great. Surprisingly it was very empty for a Friday evening but that's neither here nor there. When the bill arrived there were 5 extra drinks that we didn't have on there and as they were cocktails, the error totalled over £30 that shouldn't have been on the bill. Thankfully the server removed these without question which was good and she was helpful and patient when one of our guests' overseas visa cards wouldn't process in the card machine.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 29/7/2014I have been several time to the Living Room Glasgow and its always been a busy restraunt and bar but due to the Commonwealth Games the restraunt was much quieter. this only added to our experience. it meant we wern't rushed and our waiter was able to spend even more time with us discussing the meanu recomendations and specials. On choosing our wine we were advised that they were all out of Pino Grigio so there was a little rivalry between the Waiter and the bar staff as a suitable alternative again this added to the evening, getting some tasters to help us make our choice. The service was as slick as ever and all in all an excellent evening excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:
- DisappointingPurpleMistDined on 27/7/2014Went here after Commonwealth games and only had limited menu because they had been very busy. No steaks which we were looking forward to as we have always had great meals before. Two people had pork which was dry and missing the crackling and stuffing. Two people had chicken which was missing the sauce. You could bounce the Yorkshire puddings off the flip they were over cooked! That said we did complain and were given a discount. Had this been our first time we would not ge back. However we have always had geat meals before and will take this as a one off bad meal. Service was great and staff were friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Went here with my husband for dinner, food was lovely, I had duck, hubby had steak and both were great and cooked how we'd asked. Good cocktail menu and the drinks were lovely. Nice decor and atmosphere. Our waiter was pleasant and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual.gellabelleDined on 3/7/2014Had a minor problem with potatoes being a bit unseasoned. When we pointed this out to waitress, she immediately notified the kitchen. We were apologised to and meal taken off bill and given complimentary desserts. With that service, you would not hesitate to go back, and I will.Special Features:
- A pre-theatre outingCharente16Dined on 26/6/2014We recently dined in the Living Room ,Glasgow as part of an outing to the theatre. I was not overly impressed withe welcome. You wait at what passes for the entrance until a server bothers to come and show you to your table. They are not quick to clear away or bring the bill either. It was annoying the number of times walked past empty plates rather than clear away. The food is good but not scintillating and the menu was the same as in February at our last visit. Food was slow to arrive and there was a large gap between courses, leaving us no time to have a dessert. The coffee came lukewarm. Do not think I will hurry backSpecial Features:
- Fab overallLovesGoodFoodDined on 25/6/2014Apt night out for celebrating my graduation, good food and fantastic serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sopoorfoodDined on 24/6/2014Me and my fiancé came here for a birthday meal. Ordered pasta for mains and I had duck. The pasta was so bland and tasteless we left it and the manager admitted it was a poor dish. Straight away this removed from bill. Also £17 for a slice of tasteless duck wasnt acceptable. We were giving a couple of free cocktails. The living room is a great place to drink but would never eat here again. Waitress who was on and manager couldnt do enough for us also. Just a pity the food was awful
- DissappintedWeecaff77Dined on 14/6/2014This restaurant we have been to many times, and on sat night we were very disappointed, when we arrived no one was there to greet us we waited about 5mins to be seated when my main course came out it was wrong and I had to wait for another meal to be made and my partner had to eat without me, when mines arrived it was dry and the lamb was dripping with blood and not cooked through so I left it, I also ordered a drink and waited 20mins for it. This was our favourite place for date night and now we not be returning :(
- StaffLS30thDined on 13/6/2014The staff were so attentive to our needs. They even sand happy birthday to my husband and gave us a automatic discount on our meal as it was his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shockingly bad serviceSteaksrusDined on 7/6/2014I took my mum here and the service was rubbish. Had to wait almost an hour before our food arrived, even then it was only one plate and had to wait ages again for the 2nd. Had to ask for more drinks by catching random waiters as we were only asked once as we initially sat down. my prawn curry had bits of chicken in it. The rice was under cooked. I asked for fries with my main, they never arrived. Suffice it to say we never tipped and we won't be back, nor will we be recommending it to any of our friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Upon arrival I was told we would have to wait for a booked table, we then waited 15 minutes for our first drink. One meal arrived some time after the other four and we had to ask for a desert menu three times. We also had a considerable wait for our second drink and had to ask twice for this. The services was pretty awful. I was disappointed as often come for business lunches and had told my family that this was a good restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Food good but not great, service good with a little prompting at times. disappointed that, in spite of the programme on the website, there was no live piano player and since the piano was covered with DJ equipment it doesn't look like there has been any for a while.
- Hubby time2till10Dined on 17/5/2014Went for dinner on Saturday was lush mark our waiter was spot on and very attentive :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmospherefi8684Dined on 10/5/2014Very nice restaurant and great pianist. Drinks - had a great selection and cocktails were fab. The big let down was the food. It was very average and we waited a long time to be served and a few items on the menu were sold out (we were booked in at 7.30pm, not exactly late). I would definitely return for drinks and to hear the pianist, but don't think I will be booking a table for dinner any time soon. Quite disappointed.
- Fantastic foodMrsRDined on 10/5/2014Visited TLR on Saturday with 8 friends after visiting the theatre. The food was fantastic with a great atmosphere! Would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ami 18 thallyDined on 10/5/2014We had a lovely evening for oy daughters 18th birthday. Lovely private table..excellent food and staff are amazing. Ami got a lovely surprise dessert with her name iced on the plate..lovely wee touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous place.RachanneDined on 9/5/2014Grat looking place. Lovely dining area, excellent food, fabulous cocktails. What more can I say :)Special Features:
- A bit disappointingLizziejamieDined on 3/5/2014Was looking forward to eating here as I've been to the Living Room in Edinburgh and would really recommend it. Staff were lovely,really couldn't have been nicer but was so disappointed in the food. It was all a bit ordinary,nothing wrong with any of the courses, just not very exciting. Atmosphere was good...a nice buzz and a live pianist. Prices were a little high for what you got .Special Features:
- Great food, cocktails & atmosphere!Yummyfood101Dined on 2/5/2014We went on a Friday night to celebrate a friends birthday. We had gone for some drinks before hand and ended up running a bit late but they were happy to push our booking back by half an hour which worked perfectly. From the moment we walked in there was a great atmosphere. We were starving so ordered some nibbles, then starters and mains. The food was delicious, we had a range of items from the menu. And the cocktails were flowing, with fishbowls of our choice made of request for us. Would definitely go back and definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good luncheat123Dined on 28/4/2014Very enjoyable lunch, only had one course but it was a very nice burger with a lovely basket of skinny chips. My friend had a vegetarian dish (can't remember what it was) but he enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantmummyl1980Dined on 26/4/2014This was the 4th time we've been to the living room and haven't been disappointed at all. Lovely restaurant, great service. My favourite place to eat in Glasgow. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocktails good, food disappointingmasonsDined on 25/4/2014cocktails were lovely & on offer so good value. Nothing wrong with the food just a little disappointing, expected something a bit more special - steak & chips could've -done better at home. Wouldn't hurry backSpecial Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 24/4/2014Whilst on business in glasgow I visited the living room with my wife . I was firstly impressed with the batman/ waiter David .who was very attentive without being pushy. We had a lovely meal and the sea bream anf fillet steak where to die for. Throughout the evening I was impressed by the level of service and quality of food . Will recommend to all my colleaguesSpecial Features:
- Anniversary MealMvT7Dined on 19/4/2014We used this restaraunt to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we weren't disappointed. Service was quick, menu was good with various options and my wife enjoyed their cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEi000Dined on 18/4/2014Food wasn't good. Buttermilk chicken for starter was tasteless and dry. Steak and ale pie again was tasteless, meat was very fatty and seemed like the cheapest possible meat was used. Burger was very average and chips were undercooked. Only good part about the meal was the cocktails. Service was rushed and unfriendly, server didn't even ask how our meal was at the end. Would not return.
- Sunday roastAndreaDined on 13/4/2014Went for Sunday roast for my husband's birthday before going to a show. Food was lovely and reasonably priced. Service was excellent. Really enjoyed it and will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.