44 Narrow Street
London, E14 8DPNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thenarrow
- Phone: 020 7592 7950
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10.30pm
Lunch: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Narrow
With panoramic views of the river Thames, The Narrow restaurant and bar serves simple but elegant food sourced from the best British and European artisan produce. Classic cocktails, wine and beers can be enjoyed in the bar or conservatory lounge, perfect for a relaxing drink and sunset views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
The Narrow - Best restaurants in Limehouse ›
The Narrow reviews from OpenTable diners
426 reviews since 26 November 2013
sunday lunch (197)special occasions (175)outdoor eating (164)romance (138)business meals (108)fit for foodies (98)group bookings (78)brunch (75)child friendly (32)afternoon tea (27)outstanding value (23)pre/post theatre (22)good vegetarian options (17)disabled access (7)Show More
- SidersDined on 22/11/2014The only reason I haven't scored full marks is because nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement. The Narrow is a brilliant place to eat, very tranquil when sitting next to the Thames river. I can imagine it would provide for some great visuals also if it wasn't so calm! Food was fantastic and the waiter (who always had a smile) couldn't do enough for you. The only negative is we were sat next to the radiator, which on a cold November evening was on full blast. Whilst I am sure it kept the majority of guests from being cold, we were a little warm to say the least. Fortunately, the controls were also close by so we promptly turned it down - hopefully not making it uncomfortable for other guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LLLLDined on 15/11/2014I eat at the Narow on the regular basis, and can only recomment it as great ambienace and great food place.Special Features:
- Maintains the StandardMongooseDined on 15/11/2014This was our fifth visit to the Narrow and once again the standard was maintained at a consistently high level, whilst it is a little pricey the outlook, service and food all contribute to a very enjoyable experience. I'm sure we will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillSonar7Dined on 15/11/2014After a first fantastic visit, this occasion was unfortunately marred by mediocre service and the quality of the food was more Harvester than Gordon Ramsey - but at more than double the price. Quite disappointing.Special Features:
- MimiDined on 9/11/2014The meal and the service were good and we were given a table in the conservatory by the window as we requested which was appreciated. Unfortunately, the website did not make it clear that the Sunday lunch menu is a set menu serving mainly roast meat options with only 3 fish dishes as an alternative. There was no vegetarian option and no bar menu available. I had hoped to have their excellent fish and chips as I am not enthusiastic about Sunday roasts in restaurants and Yorkshire pudding with pork and chicken is not a native from Yorkshire! Otherwise we had a very enjoyable meal as always there.
- Best river pubemmalondonVIPDined on 9/11/2014Lovely pub with simple but really good food. Impeccable service and very child friendly! A must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014inadequate portions, high prices. Poor ambience - unshielded bulb shining in my face, lack of atmosphere
- Very good but could do betterTinker1980VIPDined on 8/11/2014Service was a bit slow, but there was no reason to be as the restaurant was not full. The food was good, but we were misadvised not to order sides, so were dissapointed with the portion sizes and would have had sides if we had known. Not a great fan of service being added onto the bill without being asked, especially when you have to ask for a drink three times before getting it.Special Features:
- pieces of glass in a starter?alexandraelenskayaDined on 2/11/2014Generally speaking, i love narrow for great food, good atmosphere and amazing service. Possibly it was a mistake to expect this every time. Last sunday it was dinner in hell. My friend was celebrating birtbday and i invited 6 of his friends for a dinner at narrows. 1 of the starters-terrine - came with pieces of glass in it. The lady who served us and the guy she invited were not very apologetic and reaction was mostly 'we can't belive this happened'. Possibly was 1 word of apology - to be fare not very noticeable and then they excluded this dish from the final bill. I am really sorry - but that's it? Service was also quite slow. Waitress was appearing and then disappearing taking just half of the order.we alao had to ask for breadSpecial Features:
- Great Sunday lunch by the ThamesSarahJaneOnlineDined on 2/11/2014Great menu, delicious food. We had the roast but next time will try something from the normal lunch menu. The Game terrine was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location but average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014I've been to the Narrow many times as it is local to me in Limehouse. The restaurant is in a lovely location on the river with a view of Canary Wharf and outdoor enclosed eating space. I have'nt been thrilled with the service - for a restaurant charging £15 - £25 for a main meal, you expect staff to put in some extra effort from waiting staff - we were basically left to ourselves for most of the meal. I would also say, drinks are a little overpriced. Charging £8 a glass for a bottle that I buy for £12 in a supermarket leaves a bad taste in your mouth.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceT8acyDined on 31/10/2014The Narrow was recommended to us by a friend when we booked a few days sightseeing in London and we certainly weren't disappointed. We were staying outside central London (Royal Victoria Dock), so this was easy to get to on the DLR. The food was very good and the service excellent. The staff even picked up on a casual comment I made that it was my husband's birthday and he was presented with a 'Happy Birthday' sorbet with candle! Very pleasant surroundings, we wished we'd been able to see it during the daylight as it must be very pleasant sitting beside the river. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- MinnieDined on 30/10/2014As a pub, you can go and eat as you are, which is easy for tourist. The food is really good and the service is quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the driveshelly1606Dined on 26/10/2014My family and I booked this reservation because it was a Gordon Ramsey restaurant on the Thames. Little did we know that it was SO far outside of what we consider downtown London. And our taxi driver had NO idea where it was located so getting there was a bit of a challenge. HOWEVER, the food was amazing and the location was beautiful! Our server seemed a bit new and a little scattered. But overall it was a great experience! The manager made sure we were able to get a taxi back to our hotel (we were really concerned we wouldn't be able to get back after our first taxi driver was a little dramatic about getting us there). I would definitely recommend going to The Narrow.Special Features:
- Pub faredonnaVIPDined on 26/10/2014The food portions are very generous - but taste is lost a little - my first serving of roast chicken was returned as overcooked and very dry. The staff were lovely and replaced my meal without any fuss. The setting is the star with lovely tables overlooking the river.Special Features:
- Delicious Sunday LunchGoboDined on 26/10/2014We really enjoyed our Sunday lunch here. I had the pork belly, it was tender and the crackling was superb. My wife had the sirloin, which was delicious if a little chewy. We treated ourselves to a desert, which was good but not at the same level as the roast.Special Features:
- AmazingGored650Dined on 25/10/2014Thank you for a great splurge night for my wife and I. Worth every penny that we spent for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnernipstaDined on 25/10/2014Lovely riverside location, food is good gastropub standard. Nice cocktails. Waitresses are friendly but overstretched at dinner. Service/order took too long and they forgot orders.Special Features:
- Fantastic staff and serviceTheatredinerDined on 24/10/2014Couldn't recommend The Narrow highly enough. Great looking restaurant, brilliant position and the food and service was brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh deer!Cazza71Dined on 23/10/2014This was the first time in two years I gave visited this pub/restaurant. Previously the service was ok but the food made up for it. Unfortunately I can't say the same this time. We waited 20 mins to be offered a drink after we had sat down and then the waiter was surprised we had not been told the specials. We were offered another tables food before our own arrived. Tiny,tiny amount of delicate smoked salmon with overpowering vinegar salad. I had wild boar for main and it was announced as venison. Other half had stone bass announced as sea bass. Both ok but not amazing. Meal redeemed only by pudding and quickly getting the bill!!! I might leave it another 2 years before visiting again.
- Inside but outsideNJGLonVIPDined on 21/10/2014My friend had never eaten at The Narrow before so I suggested dinner there. We enjoyed a 3 course meal and the food was great as always. We were given a lovely table for 2 in the extension so you feel like you're outside but you're actually inside. It was a chilly evening but thankfully the area was warm but well-ventilated. Will be back again. The only thing was that the restaurant didn't respond to my note at the point of booking where I asked if they accepted Opentable dining cheques. So I didn't get to use it.Special Features:
- bentosDined on 21/10/2014Very nice menu and beautiful views as we were sat right by the mirror. Food was lovely and fresh. Not the cheapest but definitely worth it. Service was attentive and polite and we were made to feel very welcome but also given enough privacy. Will definitely be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy staff make it more welcomingRichPDined on 19/10/2014This was my second visit to the Narrow, both for special occasions. Great setting great food and service. Arrive early for a quieter Sunday lunch as it certainly fills up quickly. Try the beef, the pork, chicken, wine. Actually the whole menu is very good indeed. Desserts could be a little larger but otherwise faultless. A riverside restaurant in London without any of the shoddiness. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Per provare il gordon styleEllyDined on 18/10/2014Ambiente curato senza essere eccessivamente elegante, piatti ben presentati dalla tipologia britannica rivisitata, sicuramente buon rapporto qualità-fama-prezzoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at The NarrowMarkDined on 18/10/2014Overnight in London so tried one of Mr Ramsay's places for the first time. Arrived in the dark scene across the river looked good with all the lights on. The restaurant was buzzing, atmosphere was friendly. Nice looking bar / lounge, friendly staff. Had drinks and went through to the table. Sat in the conservatory overlooking the river, great view. Service was good. Food was very good though not quite all to my liking. For me personally I had Lock Duart Salmon, I felt it was lacking a little bit of flavour for my taste, another slice of salmon would have helped as well! Then had pork belly on lentils, excellent. followed up with, apple crumble and custard. Thin custard! Had an interesting Martini Expresso. Would go back again....Special Features:
- Always a Good Time at The NarrowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 15/10/2014Your seating options are many but my favorite is the conservatory for dinner and outdoors for drinks and a view. The staff is friendly and will do their best to assist you whatever your need. We had lamb shank with seasonal root vegetables which was tasty and just the right portion. Our friend had traditional fish and chips served light and golden. Great location on the Thames and easy walk from either the Westferry or Limehouse DLR stations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To Fancy PubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/10/2014We always hit The Narrow when in London. This time was not the best, but it may have been an off night. We will be back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublim serviceStrikkelundDined on 14/10/2014We went there as a family, and we were really cared for - also the boys. Thanks to the waitresses who made us feel "at home". The food was great, and the prices are very fair. We are from Denmark, and would recommend it for everyone visiting London.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our Sunday eveningmealFMV45Dined on 12/10/2014We are having our 45th Anniversary dinner on the 26/10/2014 at the Narrow and were sampling the current Sunday menu which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/10/2014Excellent service, cater for vegans, and the food is cooked on the premises and it is delicious, portions great too.Special Features:
- Never again!GurmankaDined on 11/10/2014We were so disappointed... the food was terrible - I thought British cuisine improved, but the Narrow proved that it is not the case... The chowder was boring, c'mon, try Boston chowders!!! It is not that hard to cook. The duck was tiny, and the scallops starter was just disgusting! The service was also really poor, they messed up our order and brought a wrong starter, then they brought the wrong bill which was £23 more and they dared to include the service charge. Oh c'mon, never again I'm coming to this place.
- The food has improvedDinerVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food here has improved since our last visits a few months ago - more interesting, better and fuller flavours, and better executed. The service can still get flaky when the restaurant gets busier and resources are stretched.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The NarrowCurlygirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food is good, but overpriced. The service was rushed as they wanted the table back, we finished our drinks at the bar and after an hour or so no one else was sat at our table, shame as the rushed service did slightly ruin our experience. Have eaten here before, I wouldn't let this experience stop me from returning I don't think.
- Lunch in the sunshineJMHenleysDined on 10/10/2014Another excellent lunch: delicious food; perfect portions and great setting. Good service too. Highly recommend for both business and penal lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Narrow - fabulous!Fine2DineDined on 10/10/2014Great service, wonderful food and the perfect setting by the river with all London to view! A perfect way to spend an afternoon or evening, a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with riverside viewAbiCDined on 8/10/2014The food is good, but could be a litle less expensive. The conservatory area is lovely to sit in for the view of the river. Overall, a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Lunch with mumMummy1Dined on 5/10/2014Took my elderly lmum too lunch food was excellent only downfall not enough roast potatoes staff were friendly and at tentative food cooked to perfection we had the beef and they cooked mums well done just as she liked it have been before and will go again only other downfall is the steep steps outside difficult for the elderly or someone with mobility problems aSpecial Features:
- Sunday LunchAnneDined on 5/10/2014A relaxed atmosphere with excellent friendly service. I had roast pork and all the trimmings, including Yorkshire pudding which I don't usually like but for the first time understood why it is included on a plate. The waiters were very attentive without being annoying. Large relaxing outside area to have a drink or you could also eat outside. I have difficulty walking and found everything highly accessible. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableJorisBDined on 27/9/2014Beautiful scene near The Thames - perfect food, especially the meat dishes. Very high level of standard service. Suppurb evening with Family. Only minor small point is the distance from the inner city for tourist going by tube.Special Features:
- AmazingMassimoDined on 25/9/2014I had a dinner for my wife's birthday. All went perfect: service was so kind, food was amazing, they also gave my wife a nice present (a dish with a vanilla ice cream ball and "Happy birthday" written on it). Very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.