44 Narrow Street
London, E14 8DPNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thenarrow
- Phone: 02075927950x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10.30pm
Lunch: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Narrow
With panoramic views of the river Thames, The Narrow restaurant and bar serves simple but elegant food sourced from the best British and European artisan produce. Classic cocktails, wine and beers can be enjoyed in the bar or conservatory lounge, perfect for a relaxing drink and sunset views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Narrow - Best restaurants in Limehouse ›
The Narrow reviews from OpenTable diners
430 reviews since 3 June 2014
sunday lunch (197)special occasions (178)outdoor eating (169)romance (138)business meals (108)fit for foodies (103)group bookings (82)brunch (79)child friendly (37)outstanding value (28)afternoon tea (26)pre/post theatre (23)good vegetarian options (19)disabled access (7)Show More
- EnjoyableJorisBDined on 27/9/2014Beautiful scene near The Thames - perfect food, especially the meat dishes. Very high level of standard service. Suppurb evening with Family. Only minor small point is the distance from the inner city for tourist going by tube.Special Features:
- AmazingMassimoDined on 25/9/2014I had a dinner for my wife's birthday. All went perfect: service was so kind, food was amazing, they also gave my wife a nice present (a dish with a vanilla ice cream ball and "Happy birthday" written on it). Very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSabry1984italyDined on 25/9/2014The food was really good...amazing.. I will come back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside delightJoeyDined on 21/9/2014Beautiful setting, great place. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerargentaDined on 17/9/2014A bit dissapointed with our table when we arrived despite having booked well in advance but soon a table with a better view became available and we were moved, so setting was very nice. Food was of a good quality. Service was a little bit slow, we didn't order a starter but our main course arrived before got our drinks. We also had to wait a long time for dessert but the waiter did apologize for this. Overall the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, reasonable foodBuddhaDined on 15/9/2014The location on the Thames is excellent and we enjoyed sitting on the half open terrace in mild weather. From the well compiled wine list I chose the Rioja reserve which was outstanding. The food, while quite acceptable, was really just fancy pub food at quite high prices: simple, reasonably tasty but certainly not refined. On the continent you could expect a higher quality of fine dining for the price but this is London after all. I would come back for a special occasion and the ambience but not the food. The "12.5% discretionary service charge" which is now common among British restaurants is a bit annoying. Doesn't the 20% VAT cover service as well?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchLippyDined on 15/9/2014We booked for the set lunch on a Monday. As there were only a few people we had a choice of tables by the window. The set lunch provided three options for each course. The fish & chips were a popular main course - the fish was beautiful, however the batter and chips could have been better. Overall the lunch was good value and a great setting.Special Features:
- Great restaurantQprchelleDined on 13/9/2014I had a £150 GR voucher to use and chose the Narrow. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Food was excellent. I tried the special Toffee Champange cocktail, would recommend. We sat on one of the outside tables overlooking the river. Great views. My only moan would be that they say the service charge is optional and we were made to feel like we had to pay this. The voucher had covered our food and drink and half the service charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad was best part of the mealsouthieDined on 13/9/2014The mains were all right - my partner had the pork tenderloin which was good but nothing so amazing. I ordered the duck with great excitement and was very disappointed; it was tough and the sauce was just OK. The rocket, butternut squash and parmesan cheese, however, was spectacular! I could have made a meal on that alone.Special Features:
- Great place...HannahloubDined on 13/9/2014Lovely food,, good ambience, friendly staff, great views of the Thames...this was our 2nd visit and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would love to come back again!!clarkkentDined on 13/9/2014The restaurant is very cozy, food was magnificent, view is so nice yet romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againSW6ersDined on 11/9/2014I decided to give the Narrow another try after a less than impressive experience. It just fails on so many levels. Expensive, sloppy service and the food was average gastro pub grub. Maybe I had higher expectations but Id much prefer my local who serve good honest food at half the price.
- Pleasantly SurprisedSteRichardsonDined on 11/9/2014Took some international guests here. Food was of a good quality and the setting is excellent. Service was slightly fragmented at time and a little slow between course. But overall a good dinning experience.Special Features:
- LunchIzzyDined on 9/9/2014Beautiful location and ambience of the restaurant. The food was a bit of a disappointment considering the fact that this restaurant belongs to Gordon Ramsey. Also service was nowhere near good. The waitress was pleasant but we felt she was not there at all. We have not been asked whether we liked the food and whether we needed anything else. That was not really what we had expected chosing that place. I would recommend to go there and have a drink and enjoy the lovely view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014My friend and I visited The Narrow on Monday evening and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The weather was lovely and we sat outside with the fabulous views of the Thames & the city skyline. Unfortunately our beer of choice was not available which was a surprise for a GR establishment. On re-ordering a different beer it took a short while to arrive even though the pub was relatively empty (we were dining at 7pm as were going to see some live music later). The food was fantastic but the service was quite average, no real personality with the servers. I see this all the time in England where the food & location are first class but the service is just average. We could learn from the USA where service is as important as the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back !DustyDined on 7/9/2014We just love it here at The Narrow. There's something special about dining here with the Thames as your back drop and food that is so well prepared and cooked. Mario & his team always go that little bit extra to make your dining experience that much more special. Prices are on a par with other top end Gastro Pubs / Restaurants in Central London and a lot better value than some I could mention nearby ! My only gripe is.... I wish they would bring back Pint glasses and get rid of those 2/3 pint ones they have now !! I like a PINT with my meal ! lolSpecial Features:
- Birthday luncheadg07Dined on 7/9/2014We were running late so called to change our booking which they were very accommodating with. When we arrived, we'd been seated at a table inside which isn't what we wanted; part of the reason for booking the restaurant was the opportunity to sit on the river. Again, the staff were incredibly helpful & moved us to a table outside which was fantastic. We were very lucky with the weather & loved watching the old barge boats go past. The waiters & waitresses were very friendly making sure we were happy (glasses always topped up!). The only criticism I would have is that the soup starter was a little salty; the food in general was good but not the best I've ever had, however, the overall experience was great; I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoroDined on 6/9/2014GBP 28 for Rib Eye stake with vegetable was a bit expensive.Special Features:
- Good pub grubdenisepauDined on 31/8/2014I really like the narrow. Sunday lunch here is pretty good (even though there is no stuffing! Come on Gordon!) The chicken was cooked to perfection and the gravy was better than I've had anywhere else. The major let down is the kids menu. I really think there needs to be more food for young kids. My son is 1 and I ordered the pasta. The flavour was good but the pasta was far too under cooked (not even al dente) so he didn't eat it. If not for that it would have been a 5 star review. The staff here are lovely and the views outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek DinnereatoutalotDined on 28/8/2014We sat in the conservatory area - great views and location. However, we sat right next to the till and cutlery drawers which was very noisy and constantly in use. The service was a bit ad hoc, good when we were attended to but we were left waiting a long time before our desert order was taken. The food was not of a quality I have had previously in the restaurant (6 months or more ago since our last visit) or of a standard that matches similar priced venues in the area.
- Une très bonne expérience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/8/2014De passage à Londres nous avons voulu essayer de diner dans un des restaurant de G Ramsay, bien connu en France. Nous avons été enchanté par l'endroit typique, par l'accueil très pro et décontractée et enfin par le repas de très bonne qualité. Une dernière bonne note pour le vin blanc anglais que nous avons gouté... Il était excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/8/2014sadly i booked this probably about 2 months and rung up twice to ensure we have the perfect table for my mums birthday, when we turned up the table was booked by another family which i couldnt understand how this had happend when we booked so far in advance. Such a shame as my mum who had traveled far and i wanted to make sure it was perfect for her. Although the lady on reception tried her hardest to re-arrange the table pans the family who was seated in the area we required obviously pulled rank. Instead the 6 of us with a small child was cramped in the corner....the only blessing was the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Thanks for the lovely nightdavidoneDined on 23/8/2014I chose The Narrow for the last evening in London with my girlfriend (she had to return back in Italy the next day) and it was the right choice: food was amazing (really fresh tuna and delicious salmon above all) and the view on Canary Wharf was really a plus. I'll come back surely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night by the riverFishandchipsjunkeyDined on 23/8/2014If food be the music of love then eat on. A wonderfully romantic setting, great food and drink and smiling service. A credit to British food and especially unbeatable fish and chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHeyjudeDined on 21/8/2014Beautiful location on the river, very good service, amazing King prowns...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday supperep48Dined on 17/8/2014Very nice food and view, rather too noisy due to happy diners. We all had the fish and chips, excellent 'mushy' peas, mushed but fresh.Special Features:
- A nice view restauranYeshahaDined on 17/8/2014Very nice restaurant the food its great and the service its goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Such a disappointment! Food was cold and not cooked properly. Service was very slow and not up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Not the place for a quick biteRufsdinnerDined on 15/8/2014We had dinner here on a Friday evening. The location is great, with sweeping views of the Thames and, on a summer evening, it's a lovely place to eat. We had a very nice cocktail to start. The food was generally good, although the kitchen had been a little too liberal with the salt on a couple of our dishes. Service was very friendly and attentive, but it was incredibly slow. We arrived at 6pm and there was only one other party in the dining room. Our first course didn't arrive until 6.45 and, when our dessert order still hadn't turned up at 8pm, despite having been ordered 20 minutes previously, one of our party had to leave. This was irritating as we had deliberately chosen an early dining time precisely for this reason.Special Features:
- ristoDined on 10/8/2014The service was very friendly and food was good! Really worth visiting, with a nice view to the Thames.Special Features:
- Great Portions!WagtaylDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic Sunday Roast.....Pork Loin with exceptional crackling and big portions!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Roasts!E3GourmandeDined on 10/8/2014We had a great Sunday lunch here. Service was great and we managed to get a good table overlooking the river. One of the best sirloin roasts I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Din-DinsLikeToDineDined on 9/8/2014Was able to enjoy a lovely meal in the conservatory. Lovely view of the Thames, which added to the experience, and the waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great evening by the riverLive2eatDined on 8/8/2014There were 5 of us and we greatly enjoyed our evening at The Narrow, overlooking the river while enjoying an extremely well prepared meal from an interesting menu served by friendly staff. The restaurant is attached to a pub, which was quite busy being 8.30 on a Friday evening and close to the business district of docklands. Nevertheless, our waitress was very tolerant to the fact that we wanted a relaxed pace to the meal because one of our party had called to say that they were going to be very late. We felt welcome and unhurried, which always makes the food taste even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MarcoDined on 8/8/2014I have had my first year marriage anniversary at the Narrow. The food was fresh and extremely good and the customer service was unbelievably nice. Finally at the end of the dinner they also offered a plate with "happy anniversary" written with the ice cream! We will definitely came back and I will speak about my great experience with all of my friends and colleagues. Thank you very much, Marco and PamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrassiTrassiDined on 7/8/2014It was delicious! Food,ambiance, service, everything was ok!Special Features:
- opinionpvcomments3Dined on 2/8/2014I like the place, the food. The view to the river, for me its perfect, because it's so beautiful but not too elegant that you can't enjoyed. For me is perfectly fancy!!!!! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hell kitchenKellyDined on 1/8/2014The food was not specially good and way too overpriced. Service wasn't great, when we arrived no one was there to great us, we had to get someone to place us. Moreover, there were many mistakes with the waitress that kept on bringing the wrong orders to our table. Ambiance extremely bad, bad lighting, our table was stuck between 2 tables and there was barely any place to move and no intimacy. Overall experience was extremely dissatisfying and we felt as this restaurant was a scam. We don't understand how this restaurant has Gordon Ramsey's name on it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/7/2014Great place, with a fabulous outdoor terrace. Lovely foodSpecial Features:
- USAvisitorDined on 26/7/2014I join in the sentiment of others. Service was not up to the standard of this restaurant's benefactor. Nor was the food. The view is not worth the sacrifice for what one would should receive.Special Features: