44 Narrow Street
London, E14 8DPNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thenarrow
- Phone: 02075927950x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10.30pm
Lunch: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Narrow
With panoramic views of the river Thames, The Narrow restaurant and bar serves simple but elegant food sourced from the best British and European artisan produce. Classic cocktails, wine and beers can be enjoyed in the bar or conservatory lounge, perfect for a relaxing drink and sunset views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Narrow - Best restaurants in Limehouse ›
The Narrow reviews from OpenTable diners
421 reviews since 1 November 2013
sunday lunch (196)special occasions (171)outdoor eating (166)romance (132)business meals (112)fit for foodies (101)group bookings (80)brunch (76)child friendly (33)afternoon tea (26)pre/post theatre (25)outstanding value (22)good vegetarian options (17)disabled access (8)Show More
- Pub faredonnaVIPDined on 26/10/2014The food portions are very generous - but taste is lost a little - my first serving of roast chicken was returned as overcooked and very dry. The staff were lovely and replaced my meal without any fuss. The setting is the star with lovely tables overlooking the river.Special Features:
- Delicious Sunday LunchGoboDined on 26/10/2014We really enjoyed our Sunday lunch here. I had the pork belly, it was tender and the crackling was superb. My wife had the sirloin, which was delicious if a little chewy. We treated ourselves to a desert, which was good but not at the same level as the roast.Special Features:
- AmazingGored650Dined on 25/10/2014Thank you for a great splurge night for my wife and I. Worth every penny that we spent for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnernipstaDined on 25/10/2014Lovely riverside location, food is good gastropub standard. Nice cocktails. Waitresses are friendly but overstretched at dinner. Service/order took too long and they forgot orders.Special Features:
- Fantastic staff and serviceTheatredinerDined on 24/10/2014Couldn't recommend The Narrow highly enough. Great looking restaurant, brilliant position and the food and service was brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh deer!Cazza71Dined on 23/10/2014This was the first time in two years I gave visited this pub/restaurant. Previously the service was ok but the food made up for it. Unfortunately I can't say the same this time. We waited 20 mins to be offered a drink after we had sat down and then the waiter was surprised we had not been told the specials. We were offered another tables food before our own arrived. Tiny,tiny amount of delicate smoked salmon with overpowering vinegar salad. I had wild boar for main and it was announced as venison. Other half had stone bass announced as sea bass. Both ok but not amazing. Meal redeemed only by pudding and quickly getting the bill!!! I might leave it another 2 years before visiting again.
- Inside but outsideNJGLonVIPDined on 21/10/2014My friend had never eaten at The Narrow before so I suggested dinner there. We enjoyed a 3 course meal and the food was great as always. We were given a lovely table for 2 in the extension so you feel like you're outside but you're actually inside. It was a chilly evening but thankfully the area was warm but well-ventilated. Will be back again. The only thing was that the restaurant didn't respond to my note at the point of booking where I asked if they accepted Opentable dining cheques. So I didn't get to use it.Special Features:
- bentosDined on 21/10/2014Very nice menu and beautiful views as we were sat right by the mirror. Food was lovely and fresh. Not the cheapest but definitely worth it. Service was attentive and polite and we were made to feel very welcome but also given enough privacy. Will definitely be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy staff make it more welcomingRichPDined on 19/10/2014This was my second visit to the Narrow, both for special occasions. Great setting great food and service. Arrive early for a quieter Sunday lunch as it certainly fills up quickly. Try the beef, the pork, chicken, wine. Actually the whole menu is very good indeed. Desserts could be a little larger but otherwise faultless. A riverside restaurant in London without any of the shoddiness. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Per provare il gordon styleEllyDined on 18/10/2014Ambiente curato senza essere eccessivamente elegante, piatti ben presentati dalla tipologia britannica rivisitata, sicuramente buon rapporto qualità-fama-prezzoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at The NarrowMarkDined on 18/10/2014Overnight in London so tried one of Mr Ramsay's places for the first time. Arrived in the dark scene across the river looked good with all the lights on. The restaurant was buzzing, atmosphere was friendly. Nice looking bar / lounge, friendly staff. Had drinks and went through to the table. Sat in the conservatory overlooking the river, great view. Service was good. Food was very good though not quite all to my liking. For me personally I had Lock Duart Salmon, I felt it was lacking a little bit of flavour for my taste, another slice of salmon would have helped as well! Then had pork belly on lentils, excellent. followed up with, apple crumble and custard. Thin custard! Had an interesting Martini Expresso. Would go back again....Special Features:
- Always a Good Time at The NarrowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 15/10/2014Your seating options are many but my favorite is the conservatory for dinner and outdoors for drinks and a view. The staff is friendly and will do their best to assist you whatever your need. We had lamb shank with seasonal root vegetables which was tasty and just the right portion. Our friend had traditional fish and chips served light and golden. Great location on the Thames and easy walk from either the Westferry or Limehouse DLR stations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To Fancy PubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/10/2014We always hit The Narrow when in London. This time was not the best, but it may have been an off night. We will be back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublim serviceStrikkelundDined on 14/10/2014We went there as a family, and we were really cared for - also the boys. Thanks to the waitresses who made us feel "at home". The food was great, and the prices are very fair. We are from Denmark, and would recommend it for everyone visiting London.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our Sunday eveningmealFMV45Dined on 12/10/2014We are having our 45th Anniversary dinner on the 26/10/2014 at the Narrow and were sampling the current Sunday menu which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/10/2014Excellent service, cater for vegans, and the food is cooked on the premises and it is delicious, portions great too.Special Features:
- Never again!GurmankaDined on 11/10/2014We were so disappointed... the food was terrible - I thought British cuisine improved, but the Narrow proved that it is not the case... The chowder was boring, c'mon, try Boston chowders!!! It is not that hard to cook. The duck was tiny, and the scallops starter was just disgusting! The service was also really poor, they messed up our order and brought a wrong starter, then they brought the wrong bill which was £23 more and they dared to include the service charge. Oh c'mon, never again I'm coming to this place.
- The food has improvedDinerVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food here has improved since our last visits a few months ago - more interesting, better and fuller flavours, and better executed. The service can still get flaky when the restaurant gets busier and resources are stretched.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The NarrowCurlygirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food is good, but overpriced. The service was rushed as they wanted the table back, we finished our drinks at the bar and after an hour or so no one else was sat at our table, shame as the rushed service did slightly ruin our experience. Have eaten here before, I wouldn't let this experience stop me from returning I don't think.
- Lunch in the sunshineJMHenleysDined on 10/10/2014Another excellent lunch: delicious food; perfect portions and great setting. Good service too. Highly recommend for both business and penal lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Narrow - fabulous!Fine2DineDined on 10/10/2014Great service, wonderful food and the perfect setting by the river with all London to view! A perfect way to spend an afternoon or evening, a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with riverside viewAbiCDined on 8/10/2014The food is good, but could be a litle less expensive. The conservatory area is lovely to sit in for the view of the river. Overall, a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Lunch with mumMummy1Dined on 5/10/2014Took my elderly lmum too lunch food was excellent only downfall not enough roast potatoes staff were friendly and at tentative food cooked to perfection we had the beef and they cooked mums well done just as she liked it have been before and will go again only other downfall is the steep steps outside difficult for the elderly or someone with mobility problems aSpecial Features:
- Sunday LunchAnneDined on 5/10/2014A relaxed atmosphere with excellent friendly service. I had roast pork and all the trimmings, including Yorkshire pudding which I don't usually like but for the first time understood why it is included on a plate. The waiters were very attentive without being annoying. Large relaxing outside area to have a drink or you could also eat outside. I have difficulty walking and found everything highly accessible. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableJorisBDined on 27/9/2014Beautiful scene near The Thames - perfect food, especially the meat dishes. Very high level of standard service. Suppurb evening with Family. Only minor small point is the distance from the inner city for tourist going by tube.Special Features:
- AmazingMassimoDined on 25/9/2014I had a dinner for my wife's birthday. All went perfect: service was so kind, food was amazing, they also gave my wife a nice present (a dish with a vanilla ice cream ball and "Happy birthday" written on it). Very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSabry1984italyDined on 25/9/2014The food was really good...amazing.. I will come back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside delightJoeyDined on 21/9/2014Beautiful setting, great place. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerargentaDined on 17/9/2014A bit dissapointed with our table when we arrived despite having booked well in advance but soon a table with a better view became available and we were moved, so setting was very nice. Food was of a good quality. Service was a little bit slow, we didn't order a starter but our main course arrived before got our drinks. We also had to wait a long time for dessert but the waiter did apologize for this. Overall the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, reasonable foodBuddhaDined on 15/9/2014The location on the Thames is excellent and we enjoyed sitting on the half open terrace in mild weather. From the well compiled wine list I chose the Rioja reserve which was outstanding. The food, while quite acceptable, was really just fancy pub food at quite high prices: simple, reasonably tasty but certainly not refined. On the continent you could expect a higher quality of fine dining for the price but this is London after all. I would come back for a special occasion and the ambience but not the food. The "12.5% discretionary service charge" which is now common among British restaurants is a bit annoying. Doesn't the 20% VAT cover service as well?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchLippyDined on 15/9/2014We booked for the set lunch on a Monday. As there were only a few people we had a choice of tables by the window. The set lunch provided three options for each course. The fish & chips were a popular main course - the fish was beautiful, however the batter and chips could have been better. Overall the lunch was good value and a great setting.Special Features:
- Great restaurantQprchelleDined on 13/9/2014I had a £150 GR voucher to use and chose the Narrow. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Food was excellent. I tried the special Toffee Champange cocktail, would recommend. We sat on one of the outside tables overlooking the river. Great views. My only moan would be that they say the service charge is optional and we were made to feel like we had to pay this. The voucher had covered our food and drink and half the service charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad was best part of the mealsouthieDined on 13/9/2014The mains were all right - my partner had the pork tenderloin which was good but nothing so amazing. I ordered the duck with great excitement and was very disappointed; it was tough and the sauce was just OK. The rocket, butternut squash and parmesan cheese, however, was spectacular! I could have made a meal on that alone.Special Features:
- Great place...HannahloubDined on 13/9/2014Lovely food,, good ambience, friendly staff, great views of the Thames...this was our 2nd visit and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would love to come back again!!clarkkentDined on 13/9/2014The restaurant is very cozy, food was magnificent, view is so nice yet romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againSW6ersDined on 11/9/2014I decided to give the Narrow another try after a less than impressive experience. It just fails on so many levels. Expensive, sloppy service and the food was average gastro pub grub. Maybe I had higher expectations but Id much prefer my local who serve good honest food at half the price.
- Pleasantly SurprisedSteRichardsonDined on 11/9/2014Took some international guests here. Food was of a good quality and the setting is excellent. Service was slightly fragmented at time and a little slow between course. But overall a good dinning experience.Special Features:
- LunchIzzyDined on 9/9/2014Beautiful location and ambience of the restaurant. The food was a bit of a disappointment considering the fact that this restaurant belongs to Gordon Ramsey. Also service was nowhere near good. The waitress was pleasant but we felt she was not there at all. We have not been asked whether we liked the food and whether we needed anything else. That was not really what we had expected chosing that place. I would recommend to go there and have a drink and enjoy the lovely view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014My friend and I visited The Narrow on Monday evening and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The weather was lovely and we sat outside with the fabulous views of the Thames & the city skyline. Unfortunately our beer of choice was not available which was a surprise for a GR establishment. On re-ordering a different beer it took a short while to arrive even though the pub was relatively empty (we were dining at 7pm as were going to see some live music later). The food was fantastic but the service was quite average, no real personality with the servers. I see this all the time in England where the food & location are first class but the service is just average. We could learn from the USA where service is as important as the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back !DustyDined on 7/9/2014We just love it here at The Narrow. There's something special about dining here with the Thames as your back drop and food that is so well prepared and cooked. Mario & his team always go that little bit extra to make your dining experience that much more special. Prices are on a par with other top end Gastro Pubs / Restaurants in Central London and a lot better value than some I could mention nearby ! My only gripe is.... I wish they would bring back Pint glasses and get rid of those 2/3 pint ones they have now !! I like a PINT with my meal ! lolSpecial Features: