The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London
Corinthia Hotel London
10a Northumberland Avenue
London, WC2N 5AENeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thenorthall.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7321 3100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6.30am – 10:30; Saturday and Sunday: 7am – 11am
Lunch: 12pm – 3pm; Sunday: 12:30pm - 4pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Garry Hollihead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London
Our modern British restaurant showcases the country's culinary strengths and delivers outstanding seasonal food throughout the day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London reviews from OpenTable diners
365 reviews since 26 November 2013
special occasions (224)pre/post theatre (195)business meals (171)romance (142)fit for foodies (139)afternoon tea (85)sunday lunch (71)brunch (69)outstanding value (46)group bookings (44)good vegetarian options (42)disabled access (14)child friendly (12)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- hidden gem off Trafalar SquareHappyeaters4Dined on 22/11/2014Thoroughly pleasant experience, waiting staff are exceptional. We ate from pre theatre menu which was great value, scotch egg was delicious but consensus from our table was that it didn't need the sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCayliffe1Dined on 19/11/2014My wife and I went here after a matinee show and was pleasantly surprised that they allowed us to choose from both the pre theatre menu and the Al a carte menu, the staff were excellent and so accommodating, another bonus was the wine is half price on Wednesdays so a recommended wine from the sommelier was only £24 and was lovely. Highly recommend this place the ambience is great and the whole experience was first class. Well done Northall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed delicious lunch with lovely jazz musicNickelsVIPDined on 16/11/2014My friends from Hong Kong really enjoyed the Sunday lunch. Excellent ambient and food. We spend 3 hours chatting while enjoying good life jazz music. The oysters was delicious. The cheese platter for dessert was not as good. Cheese is not matured enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit.EBLANDined on 16/11/2014We enjoyed the experience of pre theatre meal. So I booked for Sunday Brunch with Jazz. Had a lovely afternoon. The staff are fantastic and we will be back again when we are in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeeDined on 15/11/2014Always lovely food & service and accommodating for gluten freeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion diningCaptainMainwaringDined on 9/11/2014Sunday brunch - on a Remembrance visit to London and a 'meal to remember too'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner to celebrate BirthdayPeteDined on 8/11/2014Lovely grand dinning room. Food was fantastic, well presented and delicious. Excellent staff who were attentive and friendly. Pleasant and relaxing evening with no sense of rush. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday outingDottyDined on 8/11/2014We had a great night out. What a beautiful room! The only minor criticism I would make is that there needs to be more wine at the lower price levels. It was a tad expensive.Special Features:
- Lovely experience.VickyEDined on 6/11/2014The staff were very welcoming and attentive, my husbands allergy was dealt with superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DbearVIPDined on 31/10/2014A superb evening from start to finish faultless!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingGourmetVIPDined on 31/10/2014I tried the OT deal at the Northall at Corinthia Hotel for a friend's birthday. The food was very tasty particularly, the lamb. We were impressed by the presentation of the rum baba and both liked it despite the fact, that we usually aren't fans of this dessert. The staff was very attentive. Also, the good thing about this restaurant is not too loud on a Friday night. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Dinner at the northallLondondinnerDined on 29/10/2014Lovely open dining room with great food and nice service. Didn't feel rushed and had a lovely meal and catch up with a friend. We went for the open table set menu which was great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The full packageKilburnfoodieDined on 27/10/2014The theatre menu is exceptionally good value, given the quality of the food. Beautifully presented, perfectly executed. The staff are attentive and charming without being overbearing and the ambience is enchanting. Five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWilfredDined on 23/10/2014Breakfast at the Corinthia is arguably the best in London, an amazing buffet which caters for all tastes from healthy to heavily indulgent. The staff are without doubt the best, and have perfected that difficult balance between friendly interest and spot-on service. It's always a treat to come here, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday BrunchFindingMyWayInShoreditchDined on 19/10/2014I booked the restaurant to celebrate a birthday with friends. We all had a wonderful time. The service was excellent, food delicious (with a terrific choice) and a great ambience. We spent hours here - a perfect Sunday afternoon. The Sunday Brunch with champagne offer is very good value for money.Special Features:
- Very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 19/10/2014Lovely food at breakfast buffet, very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionHungryPilotDined on 18/10/2014Lovely restaurant, gorgeous food and great staff. Recommend.Special Features:
- A hidden gemStormsterVIPDined on 18/10/2014We keep going back to the Northall as we have never been disappointed by the ambience, the food or the service. Beautiful restaurant with a great menu and the most accommodating and less intrusive waiting staff. Great wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Northall,Corinthia HotelAllanahDined on 18/10/2014Stunning building and beautiful dining room, with charming Italian waitress - service attentive but not in your face. The 3 course opentable deal with glass of champagne at £30 was great value - although glass of champagne half a glass, not full. We had one glass of wine each and that nearly doubled our bill to £112.50 for two including 12.5% service, not quite sure how that worked out (as each glass around £14) - I'd worked out total should be £102 - but my companion had bill. Good choices on theatre menu and food beautifully cooked and served. If only drinks not quite so extortionate would be perfect.Special Features:
- It was nice......HobbsyDined on 17/10/2014The food we had was good but I wanted to be wowed, unfortunately I wasn't. However we did have breakfast at the Northall in the morning and wowed I was!
- rnrnDined on 14/10/2014Excellent food, service and ambience, but laughingly ridiculous prices for any extras. Puts a whole shadow on all the positives when a glass of wine or a coffee costs as much as a main meal in most other restaurants. The sommelier was needlessly rude.Special Features:
- Love this place !!!!!johnDined on 12/10/2014If you are looking for some where to go for Sunday lunch this is the place , the staff here make you feel so welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GregDined on 11/10/2014Having just proposed to my now fiance on our 5 year anniversary, dining at the Northall was the perfect experience to complete a perfect day. The food was sublime, the staff were very helpful and prompt, perhaps the best service I have experienced and we really enjoyed the music played too. I have already recommended the Northall to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- considerate serviceJoWiseDined on 6/10/2014We dined at The Northall before a show and the staff were most accommodating, checking what time we needed to be away and taking us through even though we were early and they were not officially open yet. They offered gluten-free bread for the guest who needed it and were generally friendly and concerned. The food was all good, well prepared and interesting and the regular bread delicious. Good portion sizes, not mean or too much. The hotel decor is splendid adding to the experience. The £30 for three courses and a glass of champagne represented good value for this standard of restaurant.Special Features:
- The best in Londonanna1029Dined on 3/10/2014Food is awesome ,service is excellent and decoration Is fabulous.Have recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MegsDined on 3/10/2014The Northall is in a very impressive room with good ambience considering its high ceilings. Staff were very attentive and friendly and the food excellent. Very handy for the Playhouse Theatre and recommend it for pre-theatre dining.Special Features:
- Stunning Building and Warm WelcomeAricovairDined on 29/9/2014We went to try the pre theatre supper deal. Northall Bar is beautiful room. Plenty of space and very attentive staff. The pre theatre menu was good but the service was slow. We weren't going to the theatre but if we had been we would have missed the first act. Three course and glass of champagne for £30 was excellent value and the food was of a high standard. If you order anything else your bill will quickly double but we did think it was still good value.Special Features:
- Excellent fooddankDined on 29/9/2014Great service initially and the food was excellent presented and tasted wonderful. Not sure about how they lost the bill and the payment service at the end so had to hang around for 15 mins before being able to pay. However great food and service for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Delicious ExperiencekwsunshineVIPDined on 29/9/2014My friend and I went to Northall to celebrate by birthday before going to the theatre. It was 5.30 and empty on a Monday, but very soon 5 other couples arrived and the beautiful room benefitted from a few more people. It's a large space with high ceilings and nice background music, which compliments the excellent food and service. The staff were attentive and knowledgeable without being intrusive (just the way I like it), the food was well paced and all arrived hot and delicious. Reasonable size portions of intense flavours, so the 3 course meal left us more than satisfied. The pre-theatre menu includes a glass of champagne for £30, which for the quality I think is a good price. Recommended.Special Features:
- highly recommendedCitychic5Dined on 26/9/2014Got in pretty early and was at the bar working till i met my friend for dinner. The bar staff were pretty attentive and ensured that I didn't feel alone. The food was amazing apart from the apple and cinnamon cake which I was looking forward to but was disappointed. Apart from that, can't fault and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service & ambienceBrucelondonDined on 21/9/2014The two of us had the pre-theatre menu, consisting of three courses. Very nicely plated food in all cases. Definitely no need for any sides. Good very tasty, wine a bit on the expensive side. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Impeccable service at NorthallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014Dined at the Northall last Saturday, we opted for the 3-course pretheatre meal, which was £30 and included champagne. Food was lovely with the lamb perfectly cooked, and service was top class. Menu included a glass of champagne.If I could grumble, I would say that portions were a little on the small side and wine was very expensive. But we had a lovely evening overall.
- Good but not brilliant!moogieDined on 18/9/2014Nice three course offer at The Northall. Haven't been for a while, but the set menu was really good value. Gazpacho to start, which was delicious. A stuffed courgette with smoked tomato essence was lovely, although the lemon gnocchi was just weird. Dessert of strawberry mousse was light and pleasant. Wine good. All very pleasant, and excellent service, but the meal didn't set me alight.Special Features:
- Top ClassFraserVIPDined on 18/9/2014The Northall at Corinthia Hotel is a impressive dining space. I have been here many times now because the service is slick but the food is just so mouth watering. A real bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre menuAnneLondonDined on 13/9/2014I went to The Northall with a friend for the pre theatre menu. The place is really amazing and the staff very professional. We had 3 courses and a glass of champagne. The food was excellent and the champagne as well. If you plan to eat before the theatre, give you plenty of time to enjoy the food and the place (1 hour is not enough!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals i've hadorswellesVIPDined on 5/9/2014This my wife and I's first time at the Northall but it won't be the last. The food was outstanding. My wife though the dover sole was the best fish she'd ever had. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Sommelier was very informative. The setting is beautiful but not overly stuffy. Felt comfortable in dress jeans and shirt but others had three piece suits on. Also very easy to get to, just a couple steps from Embankment tube station. One of the best dining experiences we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Brunch - FabulousCruiserDined on 31/8/2014Four of us went to the champagne jazz brunch and it was amazing. The jazz was great, the food wonderful and the champagne free flowing. The service was flawless across the board. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary pre-theatre treatjaguarxjsv12Dined on 27/8/2014Loved the restaurants air of relaxed opulence. Service was faultless, friendly, attentive, always there when they should be but never obtrusive. The menu consisted mainly of contemporary classics with a great selection of seasonal dishes. The food didn't disappoint, it was flavoursome, well cooked, the quality of ingredients evident, simple and elegantly presented. My grouse was perfectly done, just the right side of rare and well accompanied by a pearl barley risotto and fresh kale. We loved the English wine we selected with help of the sommelier, who was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchMrandMrsBDined on 24/8/2014Our first time for the Jazz lunch and we were suitably impressed both food and service 1st class in beautiful surroundings , we look forward to revisiting and have booked for SeptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy pre-theatre dinnerDRRRVIPDined on 23/8/2014Great for pre-theatre (menu for £30 including glass of champagne is good value and quality). Food was very good, except for the fish with curried muscles which was a bit dry and oily, though. Very classy and elegant surroundings. Initially a bit empty but by 7pm it had a good vibe without being loud.Special Features: