The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London
Corinthia Hotel London
10a Northumberland Avenue
London, WC2N 5AENeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thenorthall.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073213100x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6.30am – 10:30; Saturday and Sunday: 7am – 11am
Lunch: 12pm – 3pm; Sunday: 12:30pm - 4pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Garry Hollihead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London
Our modern British restaurant showcases the country's culinary strengths and delivers outstanding seasonal food throughout the day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
The Northall, Corinthia Hotel London reviews from OpenTable diners
348 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (215)pre/post theatre (184)business meals (158)romance (133)fit for foodies (126)afternoon tea (87)sunday lunch (70)brunch (69)outstanding value (48)group bookings (45)good vegetarian options (41)disabled access (14)child friendly (12)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- highly recommendedCitychic5Dined on 26/9/2014Got in pretty early and was at the bar working till i met my friend for dinner. The bar staff were pretty attentive and ensured that I didn't feel alone. The food was amazing apart from the apple and cinnamon cake which I was looking forward to but was disappointed. Apart from that, can't fault and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service & ambienceBrucelondonDined on 21/9/2014The two of us had the pre-theatre menu, consisting of three courses. Very nicely plated food in all cases. Definitely no need for any sides. Good very tasty, wine a bit on the expensive side. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Impeccable service at NorthallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014Dined at the Northall last Saturday, we opted for the 3-course pretheatre meal, which was £30 and included champagne. Food was lovely with the lamb perfectly cooked, and service was top class. Menu included a glass of champagne.If I could grumble, I would say that portions were a little on the small side and wine was very expensive. But we had a lovely evening overall.
- Good but not brilliant!moogieDined on 18/9/2014Nice three course offer at The Northall. Haven't been for a while, but the set menu was really good value. Gazpacho to start, which was delicious. A stuffed courgette with smoked tomato essence was lovely, although the lemon gnocchi was just weird. Dessert of strawberry mousse was light and pleasant. Wine good. All very pleasant, and excellent service, but the meal didn't set me alight.Special Features:
- Top ClassFraserVIPDined on 18/9/2014The Northall at Corinthia Hotel is a impressive dining space. I have been here many times now because the service is slick but the food is just so mouth watering. A real bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre menuAnneLondonDined on 13/9/2014I went to The Northall with a friend for the pre theatre menu. The place is really amazing and the staff very professional. We had 3 courses and a glass of champagne. The food was excellent and the champagne as well. If you plan to eat before the theatre, give you plenty of time to enjoy the food and the place (1 hour is not enough!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals i've hadorswellesDined on 5/9/2014This my wife and I's first time at the Northall but it won't be the last. The food was outstanding. My wife though the dover sole was the best fish she'd ever had. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Sommelier was very informative. The setting is beautiful but not overly stuffy. Felt comfortable in dress jeans and shirt but others had three piece suits on. Also very easy to get to, just a couple steps from Embankment tube station. One of the best dining experiences we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Brunch - FabulousCruiserDined on 31/8/2014Four of us went to the champagne jazz brunch and it was amazing. The jazz was great, the food wonderful and the champagne free flowing. The service was flawless across the board. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary pre-theatre treatjaguarxjsv12Dined on 27/8/2014Loved the restaurants air of relaxed opulence. Service was faultless, friendly, attentive, always there when they should be but never obtrusive. The menu consisted mainly of contemporary classics with a great selection of seasonal dishes. The food didn't disappoint, it was flavoursome, well cooked, the quality of ingredients evident, simple and elegantly presented. My grouse was perfectly done, just the right side of rare and well accompanied by a pearl barley risotto and fresh kale. We loved the English wine we selected with help of the sommelier, who was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchMrandMrsBDined on 24/8/2014Our first time for the Jazz lunch and we were suitably impressed both food and service 1st class in beautiful surroundings , we look forward to revisiting and have booked for SeptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy pre-theatre dinnerDRRRVIPDined on 23/8/2014Great for pre-theatre (menu for £30 including glass of champagne is good value and quality). Food was very good, except for the fish with curried muscles which was a bit dry and oily, though. Very classy and elegant surroundings. Initially a bit empty but by 7pm it had a good vibe without being loud.Special Features:
- Great food and placeGufulDined on 19/8/2014Great view, appropriate lighting, service was at the right pace. The whole experience has been wonderful, would definitely come back and dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripGeorgeDined on 19/8/2014Highly professional yet very friendly and welcoming staff made our visit a pleasant and relaxing experience. Portions a little on the small side so we were glad we order three side dishes between four of us. Overall an easy place to talk and unwind with good food and outstanding service - well worth the trip up from the CotswoldsSpecial Features:
- Hard to faultsp40Dined on 16/8/2014Whilst the service I thought was 'OK', and the atmoshpere/ambience was low key (fairly quiet actually for a saturday night) the food, location and setting is first rate. Bit under-estimated I think, I'd never even heard of this restaurant however I think it's a good place for a special occassion or a nice meal out. Impressed with Food and the decor/setting.Special Features:
- Wonderful NorthalllbiginleighDined on 8/8/2014Have been to The Northalll on 3 occasions. Took 2 friends with us and it did not disappoint. Delicious food, wonderful ambience and superb service. We could not fault the meal in any way. Will definitely go back again and again.Special Features:
- excellent evening...sundayluncher1Dined on 6/8/2014Booked the pre-theatre menu that was actually very flexible with its timings. Three courses and a glass of champagne for £30 is excellent value, particularly with food this good. The room is 'understated opulence' (!). This is a place where you can hear yourself think - great for intimate conversation. The service was mostly attentive but waned slightly towards the end... Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Exceptional qualityFoodie31Dined on 4/8/2014The food and service was 1st class. The restaurant is grand and beautiful. Would definitely visit again and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceNo1foodieDined on 3/8/2014Beautiful setting with plenty of high quality food choices. The sommelier was attentive and knowledgable and suggested some fabulous wines paired with the food selected! If you would like a quiet romantic setting for a special occasion dinner this restuarant is definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!TatianaDined on 3/8/2014This is a great place if you want a relaxed and plesant dinner in an environment which does not have loud, ear-drum busting music. It is lovely with subtle background music. The menu is diverse and has good veg options. Lovely and helpful staff. Perfect for a relaxing dinner.
- Dining Room to Die ForhamperbasketDined on 2/8/2014The exquisite salon at The Northall - all soaring ceilings and neo-classical columns - makes for a wonderful setting. One to which the food is, happily, more than a match. A short but well formed pre-theatre menu finds room for the intriguing by way of a 'Pick Your Own Garden' opener, essentially a de-constructed goats cheese, red pepper and olive terrine served in a very generous portion. The theme of individualising and highlighting the elements of a dish continues through an excellent parsed steak and oyster pie and to a desert of cheesecake ice cream served with expected accompaniments. Not that this was an overly fussy affair: flavour, just-so cooking and unobtrusively attentive service are the order of the day here. Excellent.Special Features:
- Great experienceVallanaDined on 26/7/2014I came here with a friend and had the three course theatre menu. The food was tasty and original. The service was friendly and knowledgable. The only slight problem was they mixed my friend's up but we were pleased with the way it was dealt with. Wine was really good but expensive. I'd definitely come back here though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pre theatre menuAahdinerDined on 26/7/2014My fiancé and I came here and had the pre theatre menu. We were completely impressed with both the impeccable food and service. The menu options were creative and beautifully executed and the staff were very friendly. We were pleasantly surprised by the price, given the superb quality of our whole experience. We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!vickVIPDined on 19/7/2014We had brunch in the lobby lounge as the Northall seemed a little busy that morning and the food was delicious. Service as always excellent and prompt.Special Features:
- Appalling food, but good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/7/2014The title says it all. Having eaten in many of London's more expensive restaurants and hotels I can honestly say that the food at the Northall was the worst I have ever encountered in this price range. The bar staff are, however, very good and I can't fault the waiting staff.
- Ticks all the boxesStormsterVIPDined on 17/7/2014We keep coming back to this wonderful restaurant. The food is fantastic and we have often started lunch at 12 and still been there at 4 and 5pm with no pressure to move on. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantfunkamaticDined on 16/7/2014Have dined several times always treated very well.Our table was not ready.We were offered a complimentary drink at the bar.l;lovely food as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special dinnerAlencarBrasilDined on 16/7/2014Great menu, very good wine list, and friendly team.Special Features:
- The Northall titillates tastebudsyummyfoodDined on 12/7/2014The Northall titillates tastebuds Lovely food, ice cold tap water Fabulous serviceSpecial Features:
- Always great herevickVIPDined on 12/7/20142 courses in 45 minutes before our trip to the theatre. Food was delightful - bread and butter couvert never a disappointment as always.Special Features:
- Memorable dinnerIlovetheGrillDined on 10/7/2014Superb restaurant with excellent service! We spent a very happy evening and the food was succulent. We will go again.Special Features:
- excellent food, ambient and serviceNickelsVIPDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed our delicious pre theatre meal. Excellent service and ambient.Special Features:
- Couldn't faultBoltonianDined on 5/7/2014We needed a pre-theatre dinner near to the Trafalagar Studios in Whitehall and chose the Northall for its location and write ups. It was fantastic - a wide choice of options, beautifully presented by attentive staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. Will be going back there soon.Special Features:
- Hit the right places again!DAWHADined on 5/7/2014We went back to the Northall for a celebration meal because the first time we went we were bowled over. There is always a worry that the 2nd time round would not be as good. WELL NOT HERE - it was better!. The service and the choice of food was excellent and the wine waiter knowledge was first class and very approachable. The crab and beef starters were superb. The posh fish and chips with mushy pea's were the best my husband has had and the fish en papiot was superb. My husband went for the choc a holics delight for a 2nd time - he could not resist it and I has the cheesecake. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- NiceNiiiceVIPDined on 4/7/2014Food, ambiance & service were all good. Coped well with food allergies.Special Features:
- Ticks all the boxesStormsterVIPDined on 28/6/2014We keep coming back to this wonderful restaurant. The food is fantastic and we have often started lunch at 12 and still been there at 4 and 5pm with no pressure to move on. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chocolatepieVIPDined on 25/6/2014Staff are very attentive and service is excellent. The pre-theatre menu features creative cooking. The strawberry pavlova is particularly pleasing.Special Features:
- Good serviceACDCVIPDined on 24/6/2014We chose the Corinthia for pre-theatre dining because it was opposite the Playhouse where we were seeing a show. Unfortunately due to a police incident we were very late and it is to the restaurant's credit that we got through the three course set menu in 45 minutes. The food is very good and deserved more time really. It is modern european but with a twist in that its deconstructed in a Blumenthal sort of way. For example the steak and ale pie was presented in its component parts, steak, gravy and pastry, separately. It worked and the food is well done. Worth a visit, but be warned that parking in that area is difficult at any time.
- DisappointingSusieFoodieDined on 21/6/2014We had the pre theatre 3 course dinners with a glass of champagne. First- the garden bland with a very nasty, gritty dried olive topping. The main beef and oyster pie was deconstructed with very dry chunks of beef, a tiny bit of flaky dried out pastry. The oyster mushroom was nice. The cauliflower was not cooked enough, very hard, swimming in a thin cream and gruyere sauce all very disappointing. Strawberry pavlava was delicious. Whilst I don’t like to be rushed the service was very slow indeed, the staff were friendly and gave us a free coffee to make up for the fact that we didn’t eat most of our food. This restaurant needs quite a bit of tweaking to be really good. Food needs to do more than look pretty it must taste good as well.
- lunchgrumpymanDined on 21/6/2014Rather over intrusive service and shocked that having a jug of iced water on the table on a very hot day was against health and safety regulations -is this true? Starter Crab lovely and well presented , main monkfish boreing and over cooked, pudding choc bomb spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchDavidDined on 19/6/2014Lunch at the Corinthia Hotel's restaurant, Northall: excellent. Fine welcome, attentive but not fussy service throughout, very pleasant room, fabulous food and wine, great central London location. No complaints at all and well worth a return visit.Special Features: