The Palm Restaurant
1 - 3 Pont Street
London, SW1X 9EJNeighbourhood:
SteakhousePrice: £41 and over
The Palm Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/London
- Phone: 02072010710
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Spencer Westcott
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 48 people for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Marc Whitley 02072010710
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/London
A word from The Palm Restaurant
The Palm Restaurant is a Classic American Steak House offering aged USDA Prime beef, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters and the freshest local seafood. Included on the menu are Palm favourites like calamari fritti, lobster bisque, creamed spinach, ‘half and half’ (cottage fries and fried onions), crab cakes, the famous Gigi salad (shrimp, bacon, green beans, tomato and onion), New York style cheesecake, carrot cake and Palm Martini. The international wine list offers some hard to find American cellar selections including magnums of reputed American cabernet sauvignons. Our Private Dining Room holds up to 48 guests for celebrations and business dinners alike. Come experience our legendary hospitality and enjoy Palm Restaurant Experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Palm Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since 2 June 2014
business meals (34)special occasions (27)fit for foodies (13)romance (11)group bookings (9)sunday lunch (7)brunch (5)child friendly (4)pre/post theatre (4)outstanding value (3)outdoor eating (2)disabled access (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- What a Great Last NightJeffGDined on 28/3/2014They say that the best restaurant in the world is the one that knows you. The London Palm knew me. And I loved the London Palm. What a great shame that it has now closed -- hopefully it will soon return to a London location. I can't say enough about the staff. And anyone who missed the last night missed a good party!Special Features:
- We went for dinner to Thebr1956VIPDined on 26/3/2014We went for dinner to The Palm for the last time with its planned closing on 28 March. The food was still of a good standard, but there was a distinct "end of term" feel to the place. It is a shame that the restaurant is closing in London - the chain is popular and has a good reputation in the US, and I felt in recent times they had started to get the menu and prices right for the local market. We will miss it and want to thank the staff and wish them the best of luck for the future.Special Features:
- Steak!edwardDined on 10/3/2014If you love steak you will love the Palm - just a great eating experience with knowledgeable helpful staff. Its a place I often visit and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sun & Steak in the CapitalJaysephineDined on 9/3/2014Took my beloved for a late lunch / early supper to avoid the usual hustle and bustle of the City, only saw a few clients seated so service was swift and polite. Menu was well laid out and clear with a lovely choice of appetisers and delicious choices, especially the USDA steaks of which I chose a ribeye steak whilst my partner chose the more traditional roast beef sunday lunch. Our waiter unfortunately was completing his shift and was extremely friendly, his replacement was outstanding and very attentive to our dining experience. I would say that the overall price was just about right at just shy under £150 for lunch and wine, would definitely recommend meat lovers for sure and look forward to a repeat visit in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So ssd to see it go !!!HOBBITSESDined on 8/3/2014We had a fantastic outing at Palm ...just like always. We are gutted that it closing down,however. Best of luck to the whole team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The PalmSaiddinehereDined on 7/3/2014When we arrived at The Palm we noticed that the decor was immediately underwhelming. That said, the food is spectacular, drinks are simply amazing, our service was 5 star, and the management staff noted our anniversary and reserved the window seat. If you come to The Palm you will leave feeling satisfied and special. We had an incredibly romantic night and will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and very expensiveluluDined on 25/2/2014Extremely good food - amazing steak and sides, unfaultable.... in addition to some great service. The prices go along to match this, which made the restaurant quiet for a Wednesday night business dinner - however a great evening was had - the steak really was excellent.Special Features:
- 6 of us dined there on a SaturdayHayoakDined on 22/2/20146 of us dined there on a Saturday night, the restaurant was very quiet yet after being seated for more than 20 mins we had to ask if we could have drinks. The same happened to order our food, in a restaurant where you are greeted by 2 hosts you don't expect to ask for service, especially as the restaurant was so quiet. I have been before where the waiter shows all the cuts of meats prior to ordering this did not happen. The steaks were excellent the sides were ok. There are now so many good steak restaurants in London that I am not sure I would be rushing back to Palms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but overpricedBolyarDined on 21/2/2014The meat was very good, I must admit. Delicious. But the prices are so inflated, it's borderline ridiculous. The restaurant uses the name it has built in the US to charge unreasonable prices.
- Birthday TreatpharmacychrisDined on 15/2/2014From the afternoon call to confirm our table requirements to the return of our coats we could not have had a better dining experience. Wonderful food served by warm and friendly hosts in a relaxed convivial atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in LondonFPLondonDined on 15/2/2014"The Palm" in London is every bit as good a steak house as it's NYC parent. The T-Bone and the Fillet were perfection. "Melt in your mouth" comes to mind. The seared tuna tasted as fresh and good as just caught in the Florida Keys. I also believe that the service that night was the best, most attentive I have experienced in 30 yrs of London Dining out. The prices are high end but the quality was obvious. Give it a try. FPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAAAllaDined on 14/2/2014The food at The Palm was absolutely amazing and worth every penny we left there. I would highly reccoment this venue for those who appreciate quality of the food and for those who's extremely demanding when it comes to service. 100 out of 100! Don't miss The Palm for romantic denner as well.Special Features:
- Letdown from The Palm familypengliVIPDined on 14/2/2014Friendly welcome, seated promptly, downhill from there. Martini still not arrived when the first course did, so canceled the martini, asked for wine instead. Major lapse! Still another 5 mins before the wine came so we were 1/2 through firsts without drinks. Carpaccio very good. Ordered the veal parmigiana, knowing it as excellent from other Palms. Yes, Palm is a steakhouse and could question the wisdom of ordering a non-steak main, but i've had this dish at other Palms. The cutlet was dry and crunchy, the sauce was good but too sparse, and the cheese had over-baked and was crispy around the edges. Needed additional marinara sauce just to eat it. Felt the dish had spent too much time under a heat lamp. Real let down. Never again in London.
- Great service & steakclarkioDined on 14/2/2014Went for Valentine's and had a great time......arrived early, was given a booth and proceeded to have a fantastic meal. Staff were friendly and attentive while the food hit the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pbworldtravelerPBworldtravelerDined on 26/1/2014Once again, great food, great service ...... and I have been to several The Palm Restaurants ! Always enjoy going to a new The Palm where ever it may be - expectations are always exceeded. Thanx for many special moments !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and serviceZeezeeDined on 18/1/2014I came here with my partner for a Saturday lunch and we tried the steak and burgers. A friend had been to the Palm in the US and highly recommended it. The food was delicious, the staff friendly and the service is good. There was a nice, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slice of NYC in BelgraviaLondonkuduDined on 17/1/2014Two of us had dinner there on Friday. Started with bartender Dale who was friendly and professional, set the right mood. Food was delicious, one of us thought it was the best steak they had ever had in London. Breads were delicious. Food is very good but overall its a pricey night out, so not for the budget conscious Its definitely worth a try though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great front of house, bartenderEDelVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great front of house, bartender Dale and waiter. Steak and sides were very good. All excellent on the whole, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLivvDined on 9/1/2014This restarant must be serving the best meat in London! Wonderful atmosphere and excellent service. This will definitely become a favourite for next visits to London, can recommend to anyone, any occasion - just loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- exelent restaurant pas donnémiamioDined on 31/12/2013exelent restaurant pas donné mais parfait, service parfait, tres bien conseillé!!! je recommande vivement et lambiance y est tres chaleureuse!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 4th visit to thisBA123Dined on 31/12/2013This was my 4th visit to this resturant and in the past I have at all times been very hapy to attebd this restautrant nut I will never make a booking at this restaurant again The food at times was cold then when returned hot it was served on Cold plate never agin at this restaurant
- Familiar and EnjoyableBZLondonDined on 31/12/2013For Americans looking for the comforts and familiarity of a steakhouse, you can't beat The Palm in London. Nestled in a quiet neighborhood in Belgravia, The Palm is everything that you'd expect in an American steakhouse. It was a highly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Best stakes nice serviceLinzerDined on 26/12/2013I had been there for several times and I can tell at Palm you get perfect steaks. The service is very child friendly. Last time I wasn´t fully satisfied with the french fries, which were for my taste better in the past. They apologized that mistake and took them off the bill - that was fair. It´s a restaurant where you can have a very nice evening when you have the whish for a nice conversation because it´s not so noisy. When I will visit London a stake at Palm is a must for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor relation to Palms USAhawkDined on 13/12/2013Received luke warm reception. Waiter difficult to understand, did not receive full attention esp when placing orders. Mind and eyes appeared to be elsewhere. 3 out of 4 of us chose Jumbo Shrimp starter. Waiter had to go and check if available. after some time came back to say they were. Should have been a warning. any competent waiter would know what is available. Assume they were being defrosted. They were limp and flavourless. At £16 each you expect top quality. My friend remarked 'put a blind fold on me and I wouldn't know what I was eating'. On reflection should have sent them back. Steaks and lobster were excellent. Having eaten at Palm New York & Washington were service was excellent (as always in US) this was disappointing visit
- first timerskensDined on 27/11/20134 of us two couples went for the first time not knowing what to expect we got friendly staff who knew their job very courtious great service & food at fair prices . on the other side we were shocked by the price of the wine although to be fair it was good quality but there is no lower price alternatives !Special Features:
- Top service, great steakJohnBVIPDined on 23/11/2013The restaurant manager, Sainmir, made sure we had a wonderful evening. Service we attentive when needed and gave us space when appropriate. The steak was top quality and cooked as ordered. Overall, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!JulietDined on 23/11/2013Evening meal... Fantastic steak and we were totally looked after at all times! Had a wonderful evening here, if you are looking for quality steak don't go anywhere else!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meat in TownFoodaholicVIPDined on 22/11/2013I've heard of Palm but never managed to go due to long schedules but last week, I went and it was worth the wait! I started off with some fried prawns with some light batter accompanied with this amazing sauce. Then I took THE fillet mignon, it MELTED in my mouth!!!! I took with this the three cheese potato gratin which nearly stole the show from the fillet. I tried the fries which were getting more and more addicting as you ate them. The staff was outstandingly polite and at our service. AMAZING A MUST TRYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of HoustonKingsDined on 1/11/2013I discovered the Palm restaurants in Houston and loved the simple style and superb steaks. Delighted to have found one in London and it did not disappointed. The steak was excellent, cooked as directed, and we felt like we were back in Texas. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best Steak in London..GazzaDined on 31/10/2013Having eaten at the Palm Staek House in Las Vegas I was keen to try the Palm London restaurant and I have to say my visit was absolutely fantastic, I knew the USDA steaks would be great but the 12oz Fillet mignon steak I had was probably the best steak I have ever in eaten in a London restaurant. We arraived at 8pm and had a great table in the main restaurant, the service was immediate and very attentive and advice on the menu was offered by our friendly waiter. My Main Cousre fillet steak was incredible.... chargrilled on the outside and succulent and pink on the inside - I just did not want it to finish, we had some side dishes to go along with the steak and I can definitely recomend the Asparagus Fritti which were crunch and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're in the mood forkatmckenneyVIPDined on 26/10/2013If you're in the mood for a steak this is the place. Relaxed dining on a saturday night. I opted for a British steak (even if they import USDA grade beef from the US). It was delicious. Service was hit or miss (this time a miss). Overall decent but not amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very child friendlyEatersYumDined on 13/10/2013Our boys favourite restaurant because of the kids meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakfoodloverDined on 13/10/2013one bite into my filet I instantly knew I was eating the best steak in London. The meal was matched with attentive but not intrusive service. it is pricey but the steak and the experience worth every penny of it.Special Features:
- DinnerKnightsbridgejohnDined on 11/10/2013We had a most enjoyable evening. The food and service was first class and we will definitely make a return visit when next in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what we've come to expectGavinDined on 5/10/2013Another great meal with friendly and entertaining service. Certainly not the cheapest but definitely one of the best steak restaurants, I know of, in the world. Just a word of advise to the gents, if you intend walking from Knightsbridge, avoid Sloane Street as it makes it an incredibly expensive afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 506 reviews are from the The Palm Restaurant reviews archive.
- First impression was thatJowwVIPDined on 28/9/2013First impression was that I was back in the USA, this restaurant is what you would experience in a good steakhouse stateside. the service was on par and the quality of the starter was excellent we had the chicken liver pate and it was fantastic, buttery and well blended so it was silky smooth. My wife had the Filet steak, USDA, and parmesan fires both where excellent and would recommend both. I had the chicken parmesan and again it was as good as any USA restaurant. I do not know why more places do this dish as it is superb. Definitely will be back to the Palm soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch tooLucyDined on 21/9/2013Having had the pleasure of eating here many times, but hitherto, evenings only, we decided to give it a go for lunch. The food, as always, was superb but given that it wasn't as busy, it was a perfect place to catch up with an old friend. We sat talking and laughing for over three hours with unobtrusive yet attentive service. It's certainly not the cheapest place to eat in London but if you're looking for a relaxed venue with great food and service, it's idealic. If you like The Cut, but think that "steak and chips" is best in jeans and a sweater, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in LondonUKLADined on 5/9/2013I have eaten at them all - Hawksmoor, Goodman, etc. The Palm just does it better. Not the most stylish of the bunch but the quality of the meat and the expertise of the chefs provides steak in the American style to match the best of NYC (not far off a recent trip to Peter Luger in Brooklyn). Go when you need the best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm service and food in London .ItswhatsfordinnerDined on 16/8/2013This was the fifth Palm my wife and I have been to and they all have been great. The Palm in London was especially enjoyable because beside having excellent food the manager, hostess, bartender and waiter made sure we were well taken care and made that extra effort that many good restaurants just don't do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service as always!MattDined on 5/8/2013I will always come back to the Palm London. Excellent staff and service, especially for 837 Club members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.