The Plough Harborne
21 High Street
Birmingham, West Midlands B17 9NTNeighbourhood:
Gastro PubPrice: £25 and under
The Plough Harborne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theploughharborne.co.uk/
- Phone: 0121 427 3678
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 12:30PM; Saturday - Sunday: 9:00AM - 12.30PM
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 09:30PM; Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pM - 09:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Mondays offer two for one on all homemade stonebaked pizzas*.
Tuesday is two for one on all burgers*.
On Tuesdays we also have an amazing Homemade Quiz, rustled up by a local lass. Served from 8:30pm.
Monday - Friday we also offer 2 for 1 on Brunch until 11am.*
Sundays offer a traditional roast with all the trimmings.
*All two for one deals give you the cheaper dish for free.
- Public Transit: Bus routes from Birmingham City Centre:
22,23,24 stop directly over the road The Plough. All these bus routes are available from Colmore Row in the city centre.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking out front, but restrictions do apply. Residential parking on Grays Road & North Road along side the building. Alternatively, park in The Green Man car park opposite, charges apply.
A word from The Plough Harborne
The Plough in Harborne has a villagey vibe right in the centre of Birmingham. Filled with quirky details, we are renowned for our homemade stone-baked pizzas, silky flat whites, and our garden is an ideal spot for lazy Sundays. Our menu includes crowd favourites such as our fantastic chargrilled burgers and daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
The Plough Harborne - Best restaurants in Birmingham ›
The Plough Harborne reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since 22 November 2013
brunch (77)outdoor eating (50)sunday lunch (50)fit for foodies (49)group bookings (49)special occasions (38)outstanding value (38)child friendly (37)afternoon tea (30)pre/post theatre (21)business meals (20)good vegetarian options (16)romance (11)disabled access (7)Show More
- Pre-theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Loved the atmosphere and set up. Looked like great outdoor area but too cold to sit out. Lengthy delay with main course but did apologise. Would have liked a bit more choice on main courses aside from pizza and burgers. However, would returnSpecial Features:
- 4friendsDined on 7/11/2014Excellent first visit on Friday evening. Very busy and lively, waiter found us a table in a quieter section. Efficient ,friendly staff and very good , well presented food. Will def return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza nightDisappointed5Dined on 20/10/2014Although expensive,we have always enjoyed the meals we have had at the Plough,and without hesitation we have recommended to friends. However since having a pizza last Monday evening I will not be recommending again.The pizza's were Inedible, sparse toppings and rock hard. I could not eat mine and asked to take home, not to eat but to show the family how bad it was,there was honestly no difference between the cardboard box and the pizza. My friends equally felt the pizza's were really poor, one of which complained, she was told that they would replace but the base would still be the same, rock hard, the one she had was burnt on one side.If we do venture a night out again to the Plough, it will definitely not be for their Inedible pizzas
- Fab pubBathsheba13Dined on 19/10/2014Love the friendly atmosphere, creative decor, good food, great service . Needs more choice, less pizza options. I love visiting pub but would visit more often if there were more choice of food from pizza and burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday dinnerDiningfanDined on 19/10/2014Really enjoyable Sunday dinner. Fantastic atmosphere. Great value for money. Very big portions. Only complaints was One meal slightly too rich and coffees not great. Other than that, it was a brilliant experience and I would highly recommend this pub. Very much a self service pub.Special Features:
- Relaxed mealRavenousDined on 18/10/2014Great ambience in quirky surroundings. Our guests thought the venue was great, good food, friendly service and reasonable costs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendseatout1309Dined on 25/9/2014Great selection of meals, attentive but not intrusive service and a lovely atmosphere - what more can we say? You must try The Plough, harborne!Special Features:
- Made a birthday specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014I booked The Plough for a friends birthday, I have eaten there before and been many times but the occasion we went recently was brilliant. Contact prior to the day was easy and I made a cheeky request for a balloon to be put on the table. I made the reservation online so even got a reminder about my booking, how could i forget?! We arrived and there was a helium balloon at the table which made it really special for my friend. Service was prompt and food was delicious!! The food came soon after we'd ordered so we weren't waiting too long. Then...to top it off they brought a cupcake with a candle in for my friend- the birthday girl, nothing I had asked for! Fantastic time and quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbcrocodilejbDined on 15/9/2014As always the food is superb, the atmosphere great and the service fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed enviroment with great foodMrMaxwellDudley1Dined on 6/9/2014This is officially becoming one of my favorite places to eat. The atmosphere is vibrant and lively (not recommended if you want an intimate setting) however, if you are out with friends or family and want a social catch up - The Plough is the place for you. I am a big foodie and love great food, locally sourced and freshly prepared, if you do too then make The Plough your next visit. (It does sound like I work for the pub, I don't, I just believe that great places need to be talked about!) PS: The garden is also a great space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No students around! Hooray!BigDDined on 6/9/2014This was a great pub for a nice chilled date. Food was exceptional and the whole bill was less than £50! My girlfriend loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Plough is an excellent spot.TreborDined on 31/8/2014We have been to The Plough for breakfast, lunch, dinner, Sunday lunch. Always excellent food and friendly service. Wish I could eat the pizza but I am GF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceChasEdFDined on 28/8/2014Nice place to eat and drink but the noise level with all the clientele shouting to be heard against each other meant that any conversation between our party was one hell of a strain - which was a pity because it spoiled the other wise good experience, food and nice real ales.Special Features:
- Great Food as alwaysColmacDined on 18/8/2014Having been several times on a Monday for the 2-4-1 deal on the pizza was not disappointed , the food is of outstanding quality , service is good and is speedy. Cannot fault the pub in any waySpecial Features:
- very noisyblueyDined on 8/8/2014very loud poor servce at bar chidren running around tables too close together service poorSpecial Features:
- Nice to find a new place to dineLuvgoingoutDined on 3/8/2014Took family of five to Sunday lunch for first time after been recommended by friends. Lovely decor and a great buzz with the music giving the place a great vibe. Food was simple but good and excellent value for money. Outside dining area lovely. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/7/2014Took a group of people, three of whom ordered the chilli beef burger - they were disappointed that it was a normal burger with a chilli sauce and not chilli's in the burger. I thought one of the female members of staff was a bit rude but everyone else was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food as alwaysAnonbrummieDined on 19/7/2014Another visit to the Plough and another lovely meal had by all. Would recommend to groups wanting some good food and good beer. Not really geared up for romance as the pub is always packed full of people (but then there are lots of other places to eat in Harborne if romance is what you want.) Only niggle with the place is that it was stifling hot and so on a warm night I would advise sitting near the back where the doors lead out to the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super BurgersLittleRedDined on 13/7/2014A pub worthy of a visit from Triple D if only Guy Fieri would do a visit to the UK! Super quick service and no fuss. Pulled chicken burger was amazing and served on a really good bun as was the sloppy joe burger. Good beer too. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good to be BackBeermothDined on 8/7/2014I was born in Harborne and left nearly 25 years ago so it was great to come back and find the Plough has transformed into a really great friendly pub. It was extremely busy as it was quiz night but bar service excellent. Got served straight away and even while waiting for the beer to be served was asked twice more if I needed serving. Good selection of real ales and lagers. Went with 2 friends. Me and one friend had the 2 for 1 burger offer (Tuesdays) which were delicious but maybe a bit overpriced had they not been on the offer and portions could have been slighly bigger. My other friend found the Calzone was a bit on the dry side with not much side salad. However a really good night and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Awsome pub and restaurantBirminghamdinerDined on 20/6/2014This place reminds me of the gastro pubs in London, it's got a real funky decor and the food is always good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 20/6/2014Very popular and busy. Our first visit to the Plough entertaining a couple of friends. Were not shown menus or told that we had to order ourselves at the bar. Good food if you wanted pizza or burgers, but not much choice after that. Quite rowdy, so not the type of pub to go to if you want a chat (which we did). Shame I was disappointed as I have been wanting to try the Plough for a long time. Just not the right place for our evening, however, I would go again just for a drink with friends.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysMaccaDined on 14/6/2014As a regular visitor (at least once a week and then whenever we can get a babysitter!) I can honestly say that the quality of every aspect of the Plough remains consistently high. The produce is always the very best availablke and the quality of the cooking is excellent, empty plates every time! the staff team are super friendly and efficient without being over the top. If you want to enjoy high end wines and beers with great tasting food then you need look no further than the Plough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet with friends.goodfoodloverDined on 1/6/2014This pub looks quiet and unassuming from outside, but inside is an upmarket, quirky décor with plenty of tables and chairs. The bar is great, with lots of drinks and fun snacks. The food was good, but a bit over priced. The staff are in the background, a bit too much, as we would have liked more drinks with our meal and to see some smiling faces. This is a great pub for getting your own drinks from the bar and sitting whiling away an hour or two chatting with friends. I wouldn't eat here again but would call in for a drink.
- My first visit!luv2drinkDined on 18/5/2014This was my first visit here and I really enjoyed myself super service by the staff, and great environment. My meal wasn't what I was expecting, but it was nice we will be visiting again on Sunday evening. XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MercedesDined on 17/5/2014As we are oldies! not sure what to expect.Great atmosphere,surprised re outside area,it was a lovely sunny day when we went which adds to it all.Vety good food,beers bit more expensive than we are used to.Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers!!BaileyWDined on 13/5/2014So we went on the 2 for 1 burger Tuesday and the burgers were delicious! The delivery of the food was fantastic, arriving on some quirky trays. The music and atmosphere was very good, I loved the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family friendly pubJoandmumsDined on 11/5/2014This is a vibrant pub in Harborne that has a great menu choice. Sunday lunch is a favourite but roasts do run out so book an early slot. Kids menu very good, with colouring available to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysS3653bDined on 9/5/2014The Plough never disappoints, the bar staff are excellent and very efficient, the food whilst not Michelin starred - it doesn't need to be as it is good well prepared interesting food that is served well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meal at plough9thannmealDined on 1/5/2014I was Impressed with the food it's self. Service not so good. My starter came out just as my husband finished his. Veggie choice not the best I've experienced . but overall liked at atmosphere so willing to give it a second chanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceAllybDined on 26/4/2014Lovely food with excellent service. Staff are all very attentive and nothing is too much trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExerienceeatoutDined on 21/3/2014I have been to The plough a few times and have never been disappointed. I went for my birthday with a group of friends and as usual the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Yummy pub foodHannahDined on 19/3/2014A great pub in Harborne for all occasions - we were here to celebrate my birthday and I had a great meal. Everyone enjoyed their food. Would have been even better if our food had arrived together though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely friendly local PubLuv4foodDined on 28/2/2014The Plough is great value for money, with friendly staff and always a really good experience. I always recommend the plough as it never lets you down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like?Gillian52Dined on 26/2/2014Excellent food, good size portions (not obscenely large) brilliant ambiance, friendly & efficient staff. And I was in good company too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for breakfast but not dinnerHanaDined on 22/2/2014Have always loved visiting the plough for breakfast and lunch so thought I'd enjoy the dinner just as much. However due to it being a very busy pub that seemed to take priority over people dining. We had to fight with the crowds just to order our food and buy any drinks. By the time we'd reached the bar for drinks out dinner had gone cold. People had been sitting on our reserved table and it was full of glass etc which I had to find staff to clean. Not at all attentive to the diners.Special Features:
- Family friendlygoodgrubDined on 22/2/2014I regularly eat and drink in The Plough as Harborne is local to where i live. Took friends who were visiting from out of town with a young child, and they loved it. A good mix and atmosphere, and very welcoming with childrenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy brunch!harpsDined on 19/2/2014Met up with a few friends for brunch, we chose this due to the good quality of the food and relaxed atmosphere. 2 4 1 on brunch if before 11am, so even better value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great suprise!love2paintDined on 16/2/2014We were very impressed with the food...excellent quality and delicious and good value for money.....service was slow but as it was very busy ..understandable.great buzz of people but very noisy....though there were a few tables round the back that were in a slightly quieter area. Will def come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunch with the familyNewtoHarborneDined on 16/2/2014Sunday lunch with the family - very good - the pizza was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.