The Savoy Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
The Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill
- Phone: 020 7592 1600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Savoy Grill
The Savoy Grill dining room has been restored to its former glory, with original 1920's Art Deco lighting, lustrous wood panelling, mohair velvet coverings and gold leaf lined faux turtle shell-clad walls all reflecting the room's glamorous heritage. Head Chef Andy Cook, has created a menu that is inspired by classic British and French dishes of old and includes the theatre and excitement of table side service for a number of dishes. Situated in an elevated room set behind a glass wall, The Savoy Grill Chef's Table offers up to 8 guests a fascinating view of the kitchen pass and all the action of a theatrical service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1718 reviews since 20 November 2013
special occasions (1152)pre/post theatre (700)romance (671)business meals (512)fit for foodies (481)sunday lunch (314)group bookings (194)outstanding value (153)afternoon tea (141)brunch (108)good vegetarian options (72)disabled access (71)child friendly (48)outdoor eating (20)Show More
- Great nightcitygirlVIPDined on 17/11/2014Great meal - especially good for coeliacs, as the attention to detail for gluten free options was excellent. Special mention to our waiters Aidan and Husefa who were both professional and very helpful. A lovely start to our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend a wet Sunday afternoondendenDined on 16/11/2014My husband and I had lunch in the Savoy Grill last Sunday and were most impressed by the friendly, attentive service of all staff. We couldn't fault the service at all, so please extend our thanks to all concerned. The food was very, very good but not outstanding-beautifully presented and delicious. Just not quite the 'wow factor ' that I thought was synonymous with The Savoy. I would most definitely return and think that the lunch set menu offers excellent value for money in a top London restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for moneymainstayDined on 16/11/2014My well off son didn't bat an eyelid at the price. My postman son said the cost would keep him for a month or two. For me this was special for my wife's birthday, so we pushed the boat out. But not very often, I would say that the price of the wine was the biggest thing I noticed. But your only seventy once!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doryedgeVIPDined on 16/11/2014Went for Sunday lunch. Mixed clientele and no noticeable dress code. Opted for the three course set meal because of affordability, but it was obvious that the roast beef was the thing to go for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoshDined on 15/11/2014We really enjoyed our meal, everyone was very friendly. My only criticism would be that the tables to the left-handside are too close together. You had to turn side-ways to get through to your seat which is embarrassing as you couldn't help but knock into the other guests' table. Also, we felt like we were on a conveyor belt with regards to pre-dinner drinks being served, as the waiter just worked his way along the line of tables. Not what you would expect in a restaurant of this calibre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLondontouristDined on 15/11/2014We visited on Saturday night when the restaurant was very busy. The decor is lovely and feels special. The service is very attentive - we couldn't believe how many staff were there. Our food came very quickly - maybe a bit too quickly, but all courses were fabulous - especially the lime cheesecake which was Devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoy eating at The Savoy GrillDinerVIPDined on 15/11/2014Will definitely recommend The Savoy Grill, the food and service are excellent. There is a good choice on the menu. A great place to eat for any occasion lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJkprDined on 15/11/2014Had a very enjoyable meal on Saturday evening, following a matinee trip to the theatre. Excellent table, food, and service. Meal for two, starters, main, one bottle of wine, shared pudding, 1 coffee and brandy was just over £200. Expensive but worth it, and a nice treat for my wife's birthday. Lovely atmosphere and service was perfect, not rushed, but not too slow. Would happily return soon. My only tiny minor observation were the menu cards, becoming quite worn around the edges. I was kind of expecting a daily printed menu for the price and level of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good classical restaurantPollyDined on 15/11/2014Good restaurant with a classical setting. The food was simple, but delicious. The only problem for us was the service. We went for a pre-theatre meal and have almost missed our performance due to staff members being unable to find our coats after the meal, despite the fact we had a correct ticket for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for late night dinnerthethreeofusDined on 14/11/2014i needed a late dinner booking as our theatre show finished late. the late opening of the restaurant fitted our schedule perfectly. service and ambience was excellent. overall experience fantastic. slight gripe lack of vegetarian dishes however, the mushroom pie we had was beautiful. we also ordered a birthday cake for one of our party and again delicious. will be attending again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the best restraints in the worldTimelessDined on 14/11/2014This is 5 star and more , why go to Paris or the Milan as we have to taste fine food , the sevice is what makes it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tip-top dining experienceEdwardDined on 13/11/2014I had lunch at the Savoy Grill with some friends and we were all agreed that it was a tip top and outstanding dining experience. We were particularly impressed by the friendly and helpful attitude of all the waiting and reception staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the visitmunishDined on 12/11/2014Chose it for the Wellington and veg options for the family, veg selection could have been a little better, but otherwise the good was really nice. Table layout could have been better. Service was good, friendly patient staff, very thoughtful. Good wine selection but expensive for my taste. Heard and seen the Wellington so many times on the screen. And now I know whySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service and food but......dinromDined on 12/11/2014Good food and service. Unfortunately when we where there they had two large groups which made the restaurant noisy. Despite this the restaurant was very nice with a great atmosphere and fantastic service. Would recommend it for special occasions and pre theatre dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarrieBarryDined on 9/11/2014Fantastic set lunch, wonderful food, great service and value for money.Special Features:
- Pre-theatreReporterDined on 8/11/2014Very welcoming, and refreshingly informal. The service was first rate, and the pace relaxed. The food was well presented and beautifully prepared, and the ambience and surroundings gave the meal a sense of occasion.Special Features:
- Opulent yet muffledMysterionDined on 8/11/2014The Savoy Grill is set in outstanding surroundings, one can get a real sense of being amongst the rich and famous there, but alas although the flavours of the food were acceptable it felt like the food was muffled, that is to say that it could have been louder and more pronounced. Ultimately it turns out that what you get is a cross between a fine dining experience and a good gastropub rather than the expected subliminal transcendence that the decor and opulence indicate. The main course (beef wellington) and starter (bisque) were good quality, but the cinnamon doughnuts were not so well presented or delectable, neither were the petit fours. The other guests enjoyed theirs but one could tell that expectations were similarly muffled.Special Features:
- Birthday Treat - Would RecommendfoodytigerDined on 8/11/2014Booked a table for lunch but managed to be 30 mins late, however, we were accommodated with no fuss. Restaurant was busy but this did not affect the service which was totally professional, Found all of the staff attentive and knowledgeable about the food and wines.We decided on the Set Lunch which was very good value. The the presentation of all the dishes was exceptional and they tasted as good as they looked. We would recommend the Cornish Hake and Beef Bourguignon, The flavours were amazing. No room for puds but were presented with some petite fours (scrummy) and then a very special birthday surprise, which was much appreciated (I had told them when booking but was not expecting anything). Loved the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice but not amazingMilaSDined on 8/11/2014Food was good but not as good as anticipated, I left feeling a little disappointed. The setting was cosy and romantic and the staff were very atentative. I would be hesitant on recommending to a friend, I've had better all round dining experiences for less money...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent food, service and cocktails! We had a fabulous evening at Savoy grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationJacquiDined on 7/11/2014Booked for pre theatre menu for 90 minutes which I was concerned about but has ever The Savoy came up trumps and time was not a factor, did not feel rushed at all and the service was very good, food lovely, ambience great. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Outstanding menu backed by impeccable service. Worth the sizeable bill any day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy GrillfraserDined on 7/11/2014Excellent lunch. Looking for a quick but discreet business lunch with good light food options. Great service ThanksSpecial Features:
- SusanSusanDined on 6/11/2014Excellent pre-theatre dinner. Always excellent personalised service. Food served in a timely manner especially as there was a Theatre deadline. Would recommend. Also Made in Dagenham is a great show.Special Features:
- Savoy Grill 06/11/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I went with a group of Friends , Seven in total. All pensioners . We chose the Grill instead of afternoon tea because it was more in line with our budget we arrived early but had to wait quite a while after our booking time , for our table. We t had a drink in the American bar. but that too added to the cost of our outing The Set meal was very good value and most of us had that . Al a carte too was varied with choices within our budget, Service was good . But as we were all pensioners the wine list was expensive.and although Staff were very good, the wine waiter could have been a bit more jolly. Everyone of us enjoyed our food and the overall experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies that lunchBiscuit46Dined on 6/11/2014On 6th November, a good friend and I were treated to an excellent experience at The Savoy Grill. The service was explemary with our waiter (sorry I didn't see his name) explaining the menu in relation to my fruit and nut allergies. The menu was extensive and our choices were spot on from the grilled salmon to the sweet langoustines, the champagne cocktails and the desserts of blackberry millefiune and pineapple soufflé with coconut ice cream could not be faulted. Definitely an Oliver Twist moment! I can whole heartedly recommend this lunch venue. The only minor amendment would be some petit fours with our excellent Earl Grey tea.Special Features:
- pure elegance and classCoddersVIPDined on 5/11/2014Its a classic, its favourite, its everything you want in classic cooking.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceKlonireDined on 3/11/2014This was our second time dining at the Savoy and it will not be our last. Service was exceptional and food was Devine !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 12FirstdaterDined on 1/11/2014Great evening with great food. Highly recommended, only minor negative I guess would be that a couple of times we were waiting to get attention of waiters to order more drinks etc but I would put this down to the logistics of our large table rather than the attitude of the staff - overall a fantastic experience - many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningschlumpf34Dined on 1/11/2014when we came into th Restaurant,everybody was really friendly and helpfull. our table was on a good Location and we wanted to pass a "romantic evening" the Service and the Food were very good! the Thing that only, was "good" was that they served us too fast! it wasn t romantic anymore,...but only eating maybe that s the way they do in England?!? all over i would go again to the grill and for those who like good meat it s a place to goSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!Zurich11Dined on 31/10/2014Steak was cooked perfectly, wine was perfect and staff very friendly and attentive. 10/10 perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceMaryPoppinsDined on 31/10/2014On arrival we were informed our table was not ready. We therefore headed into the American cocktail bar, my biggest regret was leaving this bar! Our table was eventually ready 45 minutes later than booked. No apology. We waited 30 minutes for our wine and another 30 min for a desert menu, however by this point we were so fed up with the service we left feeling very disappointed. I would not recommend The Savoy Grill. There are much much better places to dine in a London. Although the food was good the service left a bitter taste in our mouths.
- Wonderful food, brilliant serviceBennettsDined on 31/10/2014We came back after about eight years and where as pleased this time as beforeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaydinnerDined on 31/10/2014The table was ours for two hours. We got tressed. We didn't like that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/10/2014No deception. The service was great the food impeccable. We had the famous wellington for two and is was perfect. The restaurant itself was chic but not over the top so that you can relax and enjoy. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre dinnerScooperDined on 31/10/2014Amazing service, very friendly staff. The food is delicious and the building is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 30/10/2014Great business lunch location tables not too close, not too noisy and calm service.Special Features:
- savoy grill experience50thtipsycelebrationDined on 29/10/2014Our waitress was nice, but inexperienced. She knocked my food on to the table, and forgot our deserts, so waited over an hour for that. Apart from that I loved the restaurant, and the fact it was not pretentious. We were celebrating my wifes 50th birthday, and had been in london all day, so felt a little dishevelled. We were made to feel very welcome, and loved the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceVL18Dined on 29/10/2014I brought my son here as a treat for his 18th. We are both vegetarian and there was lots of choice. We both enjoyed the bread and butter so much we were pretty full up before our starter! Each course was delicious. Excellent flavours and presentation. Service was very attentive. My only negative comment was our table meant I had my back to the main room and it felt a bit strange. This is the layout for loads of restaurants though, not just theSavoy Grill.Special Features:
- Celebrating a 65th BirthdayFood2202Dined on 28/10/2014I booked the savoy grill as a special occasion. Our table was booked for midday and when we arrived the restaurant was empty and slowly filled for the next two hours. The staff were excellent and very friendly/helpful. We enjoyed the whole experience however the food was not as good as I was expecting. There is only one starter and main vegetarian choice. The starter and mains were average but the dessert was very good. We enjoyed the whole experience but the restaurant is very small and the food average, not for foodies but ok for a tasty lunch in a lovely setting. The restaurant made my mums visit special by bringing her a birthday treat including a candle, birthday decorated plate and cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.