The Savoy Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
The Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill
- Phone: 020 7592 1600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Savoy Grill
The Savoy Grill dining room has been restored to its former glory, with original 1920's Art Deco lighting, lustrous wood panelling, mohair velvet coverings and gold leaf lined faux turtle shell-clad walls all reflecting the room's glamorous heritage. Head Chef Andy Cook, has created a menu that is inspired by classic British and French dishes of old and includes the theatre and excitement of table side service for a number of dishes. Situated in an elevated room set behind a glass wall, The Savoy Grill Chef's Table offers up to 8 guests a fascinating view of the kitchen pass and all the action of a theatrical service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1714 reviews since 29 November 2013
special occasions (1146)pre/post theatre (697)romance (669)business meals (513)fit for foodies (473)sunday lunch (306)group bookings (190)outstanding value (148)afternoon tea (138)brunch (107)good vegetarian options (74)disabled access (72)child friendly (50)outdoor eating (18)Show More
- AvoidGezzaDined on 26/11/2014It was the most disappointing meal I've ever had the displeasure of paying so much money for. It was totally over seasoned and none of the service staff never once checked on our meal at any time. Also my well done mixed grill was totally cremated, the actual bone on the lamb chop broke off like a charcoal stick. I certainly won't be spending my hard earned money here again as there has to be a wide range of Michelin star restaurants to choose from in the west end that can look after it's customers better than the savoy grill.
- Fan of Gordon Ramsay, delicious Beef Wellington!CuteFoodLoverDined on 26/11/2014I am a fan of Chef Gordon Ramsay! I had the famous Beef Wellington from the trolley (on Wednesday). Absolutely delicious! It comes with red wine juice, horseradish sauce, and a side of seasonal garnish and roasted potatoes. Love it, love it, love it! :) So happy! :) The Savoy Grill restaurant is pretty (glad I had a cute little dress). The staff is sweet and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RegsRegsDined on 24/11/2014After dining at Maze Gordon Ramsay I expected the food to be on par at Savoy Grill but I was disappointed as it failed to meet my expectation. I would steer clear from the fish cutlet, the poach egg which came with the fish cutlet was runny which was not to my taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely relaxed dinnerTonyLDined on 23/11/2014Took an 8.30pm slot on a Sunday and no issue with being rushed or overcrowding. Food was nice but nothing that special, desert was the best part. Wine is very overpriced but plenty of good choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy GrillMacantoscaDined on 23/11/2014Solid, competent and reliable, albeit extremely expensive, and good though the food was it is not really good enough to justify the absolute top of the range prices. Wine prices are clearly excessive in terms of the quality of the wines offered at the prices charged. The Chef tried too be too clever with the Welsh Rarebit. It is a simple dish best prepared simply.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent 4 course "Escoffier" menuLeeBDined on 23/11/2014We dined here for a late lunch on Sunday and had the "Escoffier" menu. Very nice, well priced for the quality and really good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy Grill disappointsFrankDined on 23/11/2014Best part of the experience was the staff, all of whom were helpful and efficient - and full praise to them (tho, thru no fault of theirs, a shift change/ staff break towards the end of visit resulted in disjointed service for dessert and coffee). The rest was mediocre, falling decidedly short of expectations and on reputational fulfillment; and overall disappointing. Decor was smart and sophisticated in its own peculiar "salon" style but engendered no real pizzazz or characterful ambience, whilst poor acoustics made it very noisy. A la carte menu looked good (tho fully priced) but, tho well presented, several dishes disappointed - especially the frog's legs which, in their 3mm coating, were barely identifiable and ranked a poor second to offerings to be found at KFC. Superior experiences to be found elsewhere.
- Wonderful EveningPartyof6ChelmsfordDined on 22/11/2014I received a 'Gordon Ramsey' voucher from some lovely friends for my 50th Birthday. 6 of us went to the Savoy Grill on a Saturday Evening to Celebrate. We had a wonderful evening. The food was fab and the service was impeccable. All of the staff took time to interact with us and made our evening very special. It was an expensive evening but you get what you pay for and the whole experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Let downKit238Dined on 22/11/2014We only venture to London once or twice a year, but try to choose quality hotel, restaurant and shows. The grill was very busy but the staff were attentive & polite. The starters were enjoyable, but we ate very slowly as we like to enjoy a bottle of wine each. After the plates were cleared we would expect our main course to arrive 10-15minutes later while it was freshly cooked. No no!! 30 seconds later the main course arrived!! My medium rare fillet steak was burnt to the base but I did not notice immediately. When I called for the maître de he suggested that I should of called for him before eating half my dinner. I suggested that the chef should not have sent it from the kitchen in the first instance. I was not charged for the steak, but my evening was ruined!! We will not be eating there againSpecial Features:
- Certain grandeurSubriDined on 22/11/2014We booked The Savoy Grill for a pre theatre meal and had never been before. The hotel and restaurant have a certain grandeur which ensures that the culinary experience is even more enhanced. The eating area is discreet and romantic- a perfect place for a dining for two or for a celebratory family party. Excellent service ensures that the diner is provided with a range of food and wine choices and dishes are brought to the table in good time. We were asked if we were visiting for a special occasion- which we were not- but feel we must make an excuse to come back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceclements7VIPDined on 22/11/2014This is the fourth time I have dined at this restaurant and have never been disappointed. The staff make you feel so welcome and warm. The ambiance is so relaxing, It is wonderful dining experience and look forward to coming again. The food is excellent and well presented. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girly TreathumphreycushDined on 22/11/2014We went to The Savoy Grill for a treat after a day of shopping. We went to Caspers Restaurant last year which was fab !! Food and service was fab and the waiters were brilliant. I would recommend both restaurants to anyone for a lovely treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly service in a gorgeous settingRachAndDanDined on 22/11/2014What more can I say, the service is very friendly, the food is great and the Savoy is the most romantic hotel in London soaking in tradition and oozing charm. I had the crab on toast starter, not too filling, but loaded with flavour in a delicious Marie Rose sauce (perfect compliment to the crab) on small pieces of light toast. The Rabbit loin was full of flavour, the portion wasn't too big, but was big on taste. Washed this down with a nice Chianti recommended by the Italian sommelier. Finished off with a beautiful pineapple soufflé - perfect. Thank you to the chef and the wonderfully attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/11/2014A fantastic experience for my daughter celebrating her 15th Birthday . Dining at Gordon Ramsay's Savoy Grill.... The Best Birthday Present you can give someone young who is a food lover !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The time that was set for a dinner was too short.SofiaDined on 21/11/2014The time that was set for a dinner was too short. If we also had choosen to eat dessert, we would have been faar to stressed to eat it upp before the time was out and wouldn't had the chance to enjoy it. The service was not the best, the had goos intentions but we could see that even they was stressed between the guests at eath table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingLoveLondonDiningDined on 20/11/2014Charming and attentive service and we enjoyed the £30 a head set lunch. Cheapest wine was £29 though! Savoy is a beautiful Art Deco hotel. Loved it. Smart casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedElenaDined on 20/11/2014My first course was Cauliflower soup which was good. This was followed by a main course of lobster which was very chewy and the accompanying greenery (salad?) was bitter. This was rounded off by a dessert of lime cheesecake which was only fair. My dinning companion’s main course was plaice which was extremely small (more like a dab). So overall we were disappointed with the quality of the food and considered it to be very expensive.
- Very bad experience from start to finish!DamienDined on 19/11/2014On arriving at the Savoy grill after booking nearly two months ago the table was only laid up for two. We stood and watched as they set up up for four in front of us. After ordering our food and drinks, starters arrived and I had to ask where our drinks were? I then had to ask again for our drinks that eventually came during the main course. It was not that busy and with about 20 staff plus on the floor this is no excuse. The main course was beef bourginon with creamy mash potato, all four of us ordered it. It was barely warm the whole meal. I'm sorry but this was an embarrassment, and at this point I just wanted to pay up and go enjoy the rest of the evening. Finally the bill arrives with an extra bottle of water added to it. On questioning it I was told it was done at the beginning of our meal. But to save embarrassment in front of my friends I smiled and paid. After being recemended by a friend at work I was very disappointed. For the money we paid and the experience we had I would rather go to a chain restaurant were at least you don't have to worry about expectations.
- maroDined on 19/11/2014Cameras and tourists, average food, good service. Living on long gone glory days.
- Super SavoyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 19/11/2014Amazing everything at the Savoy Grill! Had the Escoffier Signature menu with a recommended Riesling (Kung Fu Girl) quite exquisite. The service was good natured, expert and attentive. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightcitygirlVIPDined on 17/11/2014Great meal - especially good for coeliacs, as the attention to detail for gluten free options was excellent. Special mention to our waiters Aidan and Husefa who were both professional and very helpful. A lovely start to our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend a wet Sunday afternoondendenDined on 16/11/2014My husband and I had lunch in the Savoy Grill last Sunday and were most impressed by the friendly, attentive service of all staff. We couldn't fault the service at all, so please extend our thanks to all concerned. The food was very, very good but not outstanding-beautifully presented and delicious. Just not quite the 'wow factor ' that I thought was synonymous with The Savoy. I would most definitely return and think that the lunch set menu offers excellent value for money in a top London restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for moneymainstayDined on 16/11/2014My well off son didn't bat an eyelid at the price. My postman son said the cost would keep him for a month or two. For me this was special for my wife's birthday, so we pushed the boat out. But not very often, I would say that the price of the wine was the biggest thing I noticed. But your only seventy once!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doryedgeVIPDined on 16/11/2014Went for Sunday lunch. Mixed clientele and no noticeable dress code. Opted for the three course set meal because of affordability, but it was obvious that the roast beef was the thing to go for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoshDined on 15/11/2014We really enjoyed our meal, everyone was very friendly. My only criticism would be that the tables to the left-handside are too close together. You had to turn side-ways to get through to your seat which is embarrassing as you couldn't help but knock into the other guests' table. Also, we felt like we were on a conveyor belt with regards to pre-dinner drinks being served, as the waiter just worked his way along the line of tables. Not what you would expect in a restaurant of this calibre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLondontouristDined on 15/11/2014We visited on Saturday night when the restaurant was very busy. The decor is lovely and feels special. The service is very attentive - we couldn't believe how many staff were there. Our food came very quickly - maybe a bit too quickly, but all courses were fabulous - especially the lime cheesecake which was Devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoy eating at The Savoy GrillDinerVIPDined on 15/11/2014Will definitely recommend The Savoy Grill, the food and service are excellent. There is a good choice on the menu. A great place to eat for any occasion lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJkprDined on 15/11/2014Had a very enjoyable meal on Saturday evening, following a matinee trip to the theatre. Excellent table, food, and service. Meal for two, starters, main, one bottle of wine, shared pudding, 1 coffee and brandy was just over £200. Expensive but worth it, and a nice treat for my wife's birthday. Lovely atmosphere and service was perfect, not rushed, but not too slow. Would happily return soon. My only tiny minor observation were the menu cards, becoming quite worn around the edges. I was kind of expecting a daily printed menu for the price and level of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good classical restaurantPollyDined on 15/11/2014Good restaurant with a classical setting. The food was simple, but delicious. The only problem for us was the service. We went for a pre-theatre meal and have almost missed our performance due to staff members being unable to find our coats after the meal, despite the fact we had a correct ticket for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for late night dinnerthethreeofusDined on 14/11/2014i needed a late dinner booking as our theatre show finished late. the late opening of the restaurant fitted our schedule perfectly. service and ambience was excellent. overall experience fantastic. slight gripe lack of vegetarian dishes however, the mushroom pie we had was beautiful. we also ordered a birthday cake for one of our party and again delicious. will be attending again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the best restraints in the worldTimelessDined on 14/11/2014This is 5 star and more , why go to Paris or the Milan as we have to taste fine food , the sevice is what makes it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tip-top dining experienceEdwardDined on 13/11/2014I had lunch at the Savoy Grill with some friends and we were all agreed that it was a tip top and outstanding dining experience. We were particularly impressed by the friendly and helpful attitude of all the waiting and reception staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the visitmunishDined on 12/11/2014Chose it for the Wellington and veg options for the family, veg selection could have been a little better, but otherwise the good was really nice. Table layout could have been better. Service was good, friendly patient staff, very thoughtful. Good wine selection but expensive for my taste. Heard and seen the Wellington so many times on the screen. And now I know whySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service and food but......dinromDined on 12/11/2014Good food and service. Unfortunately when we where there they had two large groups which made the restaurant noisy. Despite this the restaurant was very nice with a great atmosphere and fantastic service. Would recommend it for special occasions and pre theatre dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarrieBarryDined on 9/11/2014Fantastic set lunch, wonderful food, great service and value for money.Special Features:
- Pre-theatreReporterDined on 8/11/2014Very welcoming, and refreshingly informal. The service was first rate, and the pace relaxed. The food was well presented and beautifully prepared, and the ambience and surroundings gave the meal a sense of occasion.Special Features:
- Opulent yet muffledMysterionDined on 8/11/2014The Savoy Grill is set in outstanding surroundings, one can get a real sense of being amongst the rich and famous there, but alas although the flavours of the food were acceptable it felt like the food was muffled, that is to say that it could have been louder and more pronounced. Ultimately it turns out that what you get is a cross between a fine dining experience and a good gastropub rather than the expected subliminal transcendence that the decor and opulence indicate. The main course (beef wellington) and starter (bisque) were good quality, but the cinnamon doughnuts were not so well presented or delectable, neither were the petit fours. The other guests enjoyed theirs but one could tell that expectations were similarly muffled.Special Features:
- Birthday Treat - Would RecommendfoodytigerDined on 8/11/2014Booked a table for lunch but managed to be 30 mins late, however, we were accommodated with no fuss. Restaurant was busy but this did not affect the service which was totally professional, Found all of the staff attentive and knowledgeable about the food and wines.We decided on the Set Lunch which was very good value. The the presentation of all the dishes was exceptional and they tasted as good as they looked. We would recommend the Cornish Hake and Beef Bourguignon, The flavours were amazing. No room for puds but were presented with some petite fours (scrummy) and then a very special birthday surprise, which was much appreciated (I had told them when booking but was not expecting anything). Loved the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice but not amazingMilaSDined on 8/11/2014Food was good but not as good as anticipated, I left feeling a little disappointed. The setting was cosy and romantic and the staff were very atentative. I would be hesitant on recommending to a friend, I've had better all round dining experiences for less money...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent food, service and cocktails! We had a fabulous evening at Savoy grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.