The Savoy Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
The Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill
- Phone: 02075921600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Savoy Grill
The Savoy Grill dining room has been restored to its former glory, with original 1920's Art Deco lighting, lustrous wood panelling, mohair velvet coverings and gold leaf lined faux turtle shell-clad walls all reflecting the room's glamorous heritage. Head Chef Andy Cook, has created a menu that is inspired by classic British and French dishes of old and includes the theatre and excitement of table side service for a number of dishes. Situated in an elevated room set behind a glass wall, The Savoy Grill Chef's Table offers up to 8 guests a fascinating view of the kitchen pass and all the action of a theatrical service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1737 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (1159)pre/post theatre (706)romance (684)business meals (527)fit for foodies (488)sunday lunch (321)group bookings (195)outstanding value (160)afternoon tea (147)brunch (113)good vegetarian options (76)disabled access (75)child friendly (49)outdoor eating (24)Show More
- savoy grill experience50thtipsycelebrationDined on 29/10/2014Our waitress was nice, but inexperienced. She knocked my food on to the table, and forgot our deserts, so waited over an hour for that. Apart from that I loved the restaurant, and the fact it was not pretentious. We were celebrating my wifes 50th birthday, and had been in london all day, so felt a little dishevelled. We were made to feel very welcome, and loved the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceVL18Dined on 29/10/2014I brought my son here as a treat for his 18th. We are both vegetarian and there was lots of choice. We both enjoyed the bread and butter so much we were pretty full up before our starter! Each course was delicious. Excellent flavours and presentation. Service was very attentive. My only negative comment was our table meant I had my back to the main room and it felt a bit strange. This is the layout for loads of restaurants though, not just theSavoy Grill.Special Features:
- Celebrating a 65th BirthdayFood2202Dined on 28/10/2014I booked the savoy grill as a special occasion. Our table was booked for midday and when we arrived the restaurant was empty and slowly filled for the next two hours. The staff were excellent and very friendly/helpful. We enjoyed the whole experience however the food was not as good as I was expecting. There is only one starter and main vegetarian choice. The starter and mains were average but the dessert was very good. We enjoyed the whole experience but the restaurant is very small and the food average, not for foodies but ok for a tasty lunch in a lovely setting. The restaurant made my mums visit special by bringing her a birthday treat including a candle, birthday decorated plate and cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy GrillHGHFVIPDined on 27/10/2014The whole Savoy Hotel experience is really fabulous. We went for my birthday, starting with the most incredible cocktails in the American Bar, and then followed by a delicious dinner at the Savoy Grill. The menu is very meaty, with exceptional cuts of meat available, but they also have excellent fish dishes too. The pineapple souffle was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, food not so muchoutandaboutDined on 27/10/2014My friend and I had a mid-morning coffee, then lunch, then tea. The service in all 3 places was impeccable. The food wasn't great and was lukewarm and possibly the poached salmon was underdone. We weren't offered the lunchtime fixed price menu. The tea in the afternoon was again lukewarm and weak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/10/2014Exceptional service all staff professional friendly and attentive would highly recommend visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Lunch last Sunday Savoy 26/10iancDined on 26/10/2014We had Lobster Bisque and Spatchock Chicken. Crab on toast and Beef and Ale suet pudding. All very good and with good and unusual wine selections thanks to the sommelier. All very convivial and relaxed.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOutoftownersDined on 25/10/2014We arrived on time for Dinner and was told there had been a demonstration at the savoy Hotel and they were running very late but they were very in control and looked after us very well while we were waiting with a nice glass of champagne each first class service from all staff Clive & Hazel SillisSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 25/10/2014Great food, ambiance, service and atmosphere! Brilliant Lobster Bisque and Spatchcock chicken. The passion fruit sauce that comes with the donuts is incredibleSpecial Features:
- mix grilledhenrikchef00Dined on 25/10/2014We had lobster bisque foie gras and frog legs very good, mains wellington and seefood pie/ puff pastry special also very good but the mix grilled was overcooked and very dry ordered medium rare and not presented what meats it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great atmosphereMaryandPaulDined on 25/10/2014A really delicious dinner with my husband in a friendly, buzzy atmosphere where the service was second-to-none. Un-stuffy, but beautiful setting, Chatty, but not in-your-face service by really well trained waiting staff. Food was gorgeous with sensible sized portions - this meant there was room for pudding! I honestly cannot recommend the Savoy Grill hightly enough. I had been looking forward to it and was not one bit disappointed. Absolutely lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant, service lackingrustyb6037Dined on 25/10/2014I have been to the Savoy Grill for a business lunch and was so impressed with the service and ambiance the restaurant offers, I decided to take my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary. The welcoming staff were efficient, polite and seated us straight away. There were a couple of instances where the waiting staff were a bit slow, although this did not impact the overall experience. The disappointment was when we had to wait 45 minutes for our mains and then a further 40 minutes for our desserts. Whilst it is appreciated not to be rushed during a meal, this went the other extreme and left my parents disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration MealBerylDined on 24/10/2014I found. the evening excellent food great service perfect friendly yet efficient the staff listened to what you said & responded well would love to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticgambitDined on 24/10/2014We took the recommendation of the sommelier and the choice was fantastic. We had the world famous beef wellington which did not disappoint. The passion fruit creme for the doughtnuts was a delight and the chocolate marquis was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbMrsStoneDined on 24/10/2014All staff were attentive and helpful without being pushy, We were welcomed warmly and felt treated as if special guests. The ambience provided a romantic backdrop, perfect for our low-key birthday celebration. All dishes were cooked to perfection and the Escoffier menu was a real treat. The petit fours were diverse and divine and coffee was notably finely executed. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Tardy ServiceCHJ91Dined on 24/10/2014We booked the Savoy Grill for my mother's 82nd birthday celebration.We informed our server when we sat down we wanted the theatre menu and were going across the foyer to the musical, service was slow, it was 15 minutes after the couple next to us had ordered before our server arrived to take our order although we were seated at the same time. This continued through the meal and so I was not able to relax and enjoy the meal as much as I would have done with a more timely service. The ambience is outstanding as was the food. The individual birthday cake was a very nice touch appreciated by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening,PhilipCDined on 23/10/2014A thoroughly enjoyable evening again at the Savoy..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/10/2014As always our welcome was excellent. Good ambience and excellent service. Pre theatre menu changes regularly and is very good value. Do mention you are going to theatre as tale end of service can be a bit slow when restaurant starts to fill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2015 - VeggiesQualityLoverDined on 23/10/2014Enjoyed our meal but when asking about vegetables, were told there would be plenty: could have been a bit more generous for the cost! Otherwise very nice. We have dined a few times previously prior to the very successful refit and will next come back for afternoon tea.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/10/2014Excellent meal celebrating daughter's commemoration day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMackDined on 21/10/2014It was a very good experience. The service was outstanding and the ambiance was very conducive for good conversation. The food and wine is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickeyDined on 21/10/2014The restaurant is fully booked and quite noisy. I noticed that some tables had some chocolates or cookies as compliment when paying the bill. We do not serve this and the waiter just pull down the bill and left. We paid in cash and left without attention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointed meBatlikeDined on 20/10/2014The savoy itself was wonderful - especially the American bar. The Savoy Grill was such a let down. There were so many little things that were lacking. The food was very average. The soup served so hot it was a mission for health & safety to get involved in. I would recommend that The Savoy dis-owns the Savoy Grill as soon as possible. I did not realise it was not part of the hotel group - this should be made clear on the website. A special birthday treat spoilt unfortunately.Special Features:
- fantastic food in a fantastic placeGooiYCDined on 20/10/2014Loved this great place within the historic Savoy Hotel. Serving wonderful food that's suprisingly pretty affordable, I'd recommend this place to everyone!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialBettyDined on 19/10/2014Beautiful food, excellent service with a perfect balance between professional, informal and a touch of theatre. My only teensy weensy complaint is they should hv offered to wrap the petite foires as we just cudnt manage them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing2dineDined on 18/10/2014Whatever you do, don´t spend money in this restaurant if you appreciate good service and don´t like to see guests being drunk!
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014Fantastic food with excellent, attentive but not overbearing, staff. A lovely experience for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 18/10/2014Great restaurant interesting menu pricey some items seemed overpricedSpecial Features:
- AttentiveGeofEDined on 18/10/2014Highly attentive service, sadly a little bit too reverential but no more than one would expect . We ate from the 3 course lunch menu £30, which was good value and the food was good, nothing overboard but for £30pp I wouldn't expect fireworks, the hake in Pernod was pleasant. I have read a review in a national newspaper that complained they restaurant would rush you if you went over an hour, I have to say that even though they were busy, we sat there for two hours and no one concerned themselves about it at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceMarieDined on 17/10/2014first class experience at the best hotel in londonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor wine serviceraitakongenDined on 17/10/2014There were no personal connection with the staff, which we've experienced on previous occasions. Especially with the somerlier Cedrick which I do not believe work there anymore, at least he was not working that day. Instead, the waitress(?) who ran us through the wine-map did not follow up on our suggestion for reasonable priced wine but kept recommending bottles way out of our price range (abt. £150+). Luckily I know my wines and managed to pick a decent one myself at half the suggested price. Luckily, the food was (as always) oustanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrmrsgDined on 17/10/2014We had a really lovely time and the place was impressive. The service was good and the staff seemed genuinely pleasant and well trained. Although there seemed to be so many waitors that we rarely went 3 minutes without someone checking how we were. This would not however put us off returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, amazing cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/10/2014I went here with work colleagues for a work social. Despite the mix of people in the group, everyone enjoyed their meal and found the food delicious. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.Andrew03Dined on 17/10/2014Perfect from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, One of the reasons we went to savoy was the beef wellington and it was amasing. Nice atmosphere and perfecte service. Would recomend everybody a trip to savoy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting bettergabionDined on 17/10/2014As a semi regular at the Grille over the years it never disappoints. Great prices with friendly service. The food is always superb and good portions. I would take anyone there knowing there is always something on the menu for all tastes. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingsmartinsDined on 17/10/2014The most amazing meal in really great setting. Party of three all had the Escoffier Signature Dishes menu, which was fantastic value at £38 for four courses!! every course was pure brilliance, omelette to start (best omelette I have ever had!!), then scallops, pork cheeks and strawberries flambeed table side. The sommelier persuaded us to change our wine choice, and really please we did, beautiful bottle of Pinot to wash it all down with. All in all, the party came away totally satisfied and particularly impressed with the menu, one of the best meals I have ever had the pleasure to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my best set lunch ever... foodieSingaporeFoodieDined on 17/10/2014This is my first time at Savoy Grill and also my first time eating in one of Gordon Ramsay's establishment. The set lunch that me n my wife ordered were both excellent in presentation and flavour. The Burfort brown egg starter was out of this world, with the orange creamy yolk oozing out and i had almost wanted 2 lick every last remains of it but stopped myself from embarrassment. The service was excellent although the ambience could be improved if the tables are placed further apart. We can barely hear ourselves talking when the restaurant is almost full. Overall, this is an excellent restaurant and one of the best value for money set lunch I've taken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pie heaven :-)TopcheftastingDined on 16/10/2014The omelette soft as a cloud & the chicken & mushroom pie simply divine. Too full to try dessert...there is always next time! Service polite & efficient. Low-ceiling setting too dark for my taste, but I can understand the old England appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurantAjayDined on 16/10/2014Took my gf there for her b'day and we had a great time dinning here. The staff were excellent and we loved the food.Special Features:
- SorryMicaelafromSwedenDined on 15/10/2014I eaten better dinners cheaper . I had higher expectations on the food of a Gordon Ramsey restaurang ! How ever the staff did a excellent jobb and the atmosphere was real nice !