The Savoy Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
The Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill
- Phone: 02075921600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Savoy Grill
The Savoy Grill dining room has been restored to its former glory, with original 1920's Art Deco lighting, lustrous wood panelling, mohair velvet coverings and gold leaf lined faux turtle shell-clad walls all reflecting the room's glamorous heritage. Head Chef Andy Cook, has created a menu that is inspired by classic British and French dishes of old and includes the theatre and excitement of table side service for a number of dishes. Situated in an elevated room set behind a glass wall, The Savoy Grill Chef's Table offers up to 8 guests a fascinating view of the kitchen pass and all the action of a theatrical service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1759 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (1175)pre/post theatre (722)romance (695)business meals (533)fit for foodies (488)sunday lunch (337)group bookings (204)outstanding value (169)afternoon tea (162)brunch (122)good vegetarian options (78)disabled access (77)child friendly (56)outdoor eating (31)Show More
- Never fails to disappointChandlerswhoDineDined on 18/9/2014I proposed to my wife T the Savoy Grill in 2006 and it has been our favourite restaurant and regular dining night out ever since. The food and service are unmatched by other London places and the ambiance of the Savoy in general make for a quality evening everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in the luxurious Savoy Grill. From start to finish it was simply wonderful, the staff were friendly and attentive with out being overbearing. The food was cooked and presented beautifully. We were presented with an anniversary dessert which was a lovely unexpected touch. This was our first visit to the Savoy Grill; certainly wont be our last, we are already recommending it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most memorable lunchEscoffierDined on 18/9/2014Impeccable service, great surroundings, relaxed atmosphere and good food! We chose the Escoffier menu for lunch and were not disappointed. The omelette was the best of my life, the beef pudding superb and the flambed strawberries divine!! Will definitely return to the Savoy Grill at a future date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitTheatregoerDined on 18/9/2014Amazing welcoming staff, delicious pork (and crackling) from the trolley, plenty of choice, friendly atmosphere. Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Eg-g16OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 16/9/2014This meal was my husbands treat to me for my birthday, I have been coming to the Savoy for 25years. Firstly, the bar had no tables, no apology. We were shown to our table, which was right next to the serving station, our waiter was clearly rowing with the wine waiter and actually shoved him I n front of us! We didn't get any bread for twenty minutes had to ask for it and for our order to be taken and the wine waiter made suggestions on our wine which were all more expensive than our selection. My caviar came without any egg etc my pie was dry and my husbands liver was dry and no sauce. We were left to taste our wines and pour them! The place has gone down there is no leadership won't be going back!
- Classic Classy VenueStevieGDined on 15/9/2014Went to the Savoy Grill for a special anniversary. Dining room is not the biggest, but is beautifully decorated in an Art Deco style with beautiful chandeliers. The staff were very attentive and looked after us very well. We both had the ESCOFFIER menu and every course was first class. We were not hurried at all the staff had that great ability to be there when they were needed but disappear when not. Check out the American Bar in the hotel as well. Another great space with equally timeless class. Both are a must.Special Features:
- Excellent. Highly recommendtravelingfoodie33Dined on 14/9/2014We were pleased from start to finish. Wonderful food and very attentive service fri our waiter Angelo. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible from start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 14/9/2014After having afternoon tea there last year my expectations were very high, but dinner exceeded them! All our food was cooked and presented to perfection. Staff brought out a little birthday dessert for me which was a nice touch, and the petite fours with the bill were also unexpected but welcomed. All the staff were very attentive without being overwhelming or intrusive. My only slight issue was that a few times we overheard staff talking amongst themselves about personal things (e.g. recent holidays, their family etc) which I thought was a little unprofessional, but that is the only negative I have! I would definitely dine here again and would certainly recommend it to others for special occasions!Special Features:
- Great food, great ambienceGem4theluvoffinediningDined on 14/9/2014The Escoffier Menu was a fantastic experience and the scallops were extremely delicious. The food is very rich and therefore, the only criticism I have is that the serviced was a little rushed and the wine glasses were topped up after only a few sips which left the diner with the impression eat up and leave. We had the table booked for 2 hours but were served within 1 hour and 25 minutes. With food that is very rich I would suggest that the staff allow a little bit more time between each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch at Savoy GrilldinerDined on 14/9/2014Wonderful dining room, great service . Menu a good mx of classics and some 'new additions'. A great lunch and long afternoon - were not rushed to leave.Special Features:
- Savoy Grill on a Saturday eveningbrasseriebobDined on 13/9/2014Dining in London on a Saturday evening/night can be a lottery. Hence the safe choice of the Savoy. Service at the Savoy, as you would expect, is exemplary. The food is good too. You do feel a little rushed as if the table is required, albeit done with charm and smoothness. You are advised when booking, that the table is available for a set time. But when you pay over a £100 pounds for two, at a pound a minute, it takes the edge off what should be a classic experience. If we were due for a theatre performance then this timing issue is appropriate. Perhaps this is the reason for the speed of service and not economics.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 13/9/2014Went to the Savoy Grill for a family lunch to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary on 13th September. The whole experience was fantastic, the food first class and the wine divine. We started with a glass of Bollinger champagne which although not cheap was worth every sip. The service was discrete but attentive and there was no rush just a very relaxed service. We all enjoyed the lunch very much and would recommend the restaurant. It was an experience we will never forget.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experience.foodiemaxDined on 13/9/2014A friend and i shared the chateaubriand and what a quality meal it was. The sommelier was patient and knowledgeable and the service was impeccable. I thoroughly recommend The Savoy Grill for a leasurely lunch or i am sure an evening meal would be no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy GrillNR79Dined on 12/9/2014We visited The Savoy Grill on 12th sept. There were 4 of us and we booked it as a special meal for an anniversary. The food was amazing - best meal I have ever had. The service was exceptional and the overall experience was one to remember for a long time. Yes it was a bit pricier than our normal meals out but it was worth every penny and I would recommend to anyone wanting a special meal for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a Girls' LunchElsa63Dined on 12/9/2014Very nice lunch, a little pricey but worth it for a special occasion. £4.50 for a bottle of still water was too high so tap water next time, would definitely return.
- Great service--just good food.BobandDianeDined on 11/9/2014Service was top notch. Staff were very attentive and seemed genuinely friendly--not a hint of just going through the motions. The food on the other hand was just good. Our steaks were reasonably flavorful and tender, but were dry. The mashed potatoes were soupy. Broccoli with chilli tasted great, but was white in some places it should have been green. The cauliflower au gratin was excellent. The plates were well presented. All in all it is worth going as long as you realize that you're paying for the service and ambience as much as for the food. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous lunch!kitsonDined on 11/9/2014Five of us thoroughly enjoyed The Open Table deal. Great value with 3 courses & a Bellini for £32! Superb food & service. Would recommend & definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel rushed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Our main waiter was rude and I attentive. General feeling was rushed. Food was average. Perhaps a typical hotel restaurant rather then a fine doning restaurant.Special Features:
- So SpecialBillericaykidDined on 10/9/2014It was a real treat to dine in a place where they just know how to spoil you. Have had the pleasure of many finy restaurants and this sits close to the top. Don't miss the experience! (Finest Beef Wellington imaginable and the Flambe was pure theatre)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere plusOztravellerDined on 9/9/2014Iconic Hotel, iconic menu and renowned chefs and service. Sommelier was excellent, winelist extensive. Menu is excellent but lacks the flair of Petrus or Maze. More traditional haute-cuisine, imo I enjoyed the wines more than the steaks and starters.Special Features:
- Kitchen nightmareBearzDined on 9/9/2014The food was expertly cooked but the main course (beef Wellington for 2) was served on Stone cold plates (not even room temp actually COLD) the side orders, fries, mash, greens, mushrooms were stone cold soon as they touched the plate. Amazingly The steak tartare was warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We had an early evening meal from the Escoffier menu on the 9th September. We really enjoyed ourselves. The food was lovely although my salmon a little under cooked for my liking. Apart from that it was excellent. The service was exceptional and one of the reasons we went. The restaurant acknowledged our anniversary which was very special and appreciated. Worth the money for sure.Special Features:
- Good for an occasional visitNadineDined on 9/9/2014The steaks are very tasty and portions surprisingly large but overall this is a pricey restaurant so I would only recommend this place for a special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special.skerssDined on 9/9/2014We met two old friends for lunch & had a wonderful time. The greeting was superb & at the table attention was excellent & unobtrusive so we were able to chat & catch up without obvious interruption. The food was delightful. Wine a bit pricey but still lovely. There was a tiny amount of cork in my friend's wine glass & this was quickly taken away & a fresh glass & bottle brought to the table. We all had a lovely experience.Special Features:
- baroloDined on 6/9/2014A lovely evening with sumptuous food. there was a dely in serving our dessert. Eventually, the waiter came out to apologise explaining (with great honesty) that the chef burned the pineapple souffle. We were therefore offered a free alternative from the menu plus free dessert wine and for good measure the chef then cooked and we were served a replacement souffle all free of charge. Very generous gesture.Special Features:
- GeorgieDined on 6/9/2014Thank you to all we thoroughly enjoyed the food and indeed the service . Regards GeorgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBb12Dined on 6/9/2014One of my favourite restaurants in London. The Savoy Grill never disappoints. Atmosphere is up beat yet classy. The food is delicious and the waiter services is professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over chargedDaveDined on 6/9/2014Got charged for drinks we didn't have. Don't expect this from a restaurant of this qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal - excellent serviceVisittoukDined on 6/9/2014We went for beef Wellington and were not disappointed! Arrived a few minutes early and found no place to sit for a pre-dinner cocktail in restaurant, and no room in nearby Savoy lounges. But once seated, service was friendly and flawless, and the meal was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSmith20Dined on 6/9/2014Savoy is my 1 of my favourite restaurants and I have been there many off times and it's never disappointed. Great service, good value for food, friendly staff and a beautiful restaurant making every occasion perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014A must for anyone attending the theatre and hoping for a special meal beforehand. An experience to remember!Special Features:
- Very relaxing pre-theatre mealMontrealDined on 6/9/2014We booked our meal at the Savoy Grill because we had tickets for the Savoy Theatre. Quite often we feel that a pre-theatre meal is rushed, but not on this occasion. The service was friendly, not at all intimidating! The sommelier was polite and even took the time to discuss screw-cap versus corks on wine bottles. The food was beautifully presented and the portions not overly large. We will certainly be making another reservation the next time we visit London. Janet AnkcornSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stunning roomDelightfulaDined on 6/9/2014stunning room, but very loud. Food was good and the service was attentive. The Hotel is well worth a walk round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine problemsElydinersDined on 6/9/2014Served warm white wine at lunch had to go to second choice white and only two bottles of red the second not kept but given to another customer.food good and although the wine problem not major did take edge of our 30th wedding anniv lunch with our three adult children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional meal.Lou1Dined on 6/9/2014An exceptional meal. Staff were very friendly yet professionalSpecial Features:
- A Sumptious Birthday ExperienceAndyDined on 6/9/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we felt glad to be there - friendly efficient staff who were aware of my wife's dietary requirements (gluten-free) and took her through the menu pointing out what dishes she might choose from. The food was beautifully presented and excellent with a little piece of theatre - the waiter preparing and flambaying the sauce for the pork at the table. We were going on to the theatre and the whole meal put us into the right mood of relaxed satisfaction. We really felt that the staff were keen to make our visit as enjoyable as possible. Loved it and looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- SheilaDined on 6/9/2014Delicious lunch, excellent service, enjoyed the ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014A very charming restaurant, fine food and drinks, very kind waiters: excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner outregg86Dined on 5/9/2014This was the first time I had been here it was superb great valve and superb foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and over priced!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Being HUGE Gordon Ramsay fans, my husband and I have been dying to go to one of his restaurants for years. Well, we were not pleased. The service was very slow--after deciding what we were going to order, we sat at the table, meus set aside, for quite a while before the waiter came to take our order. Appetizers were not good, but fortunately the watier did not make us pay. Main course: Salmon---tasty, and cooked exactly as I wanted it. My husband's desert was delicious, but mine (cinnamon donuts) were extremely dry and lacked sweetness. We paid $195 for our food, and I've had better $50 meals. I had to add salt to my food too, which really surprised me. I'm happy we had the experience, but we will not be returning or recommending.Special Features: