The Savoy Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
The Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill
- Phone: 02075921600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Savoy Grill
The Savoy Grill dining room has been restored to its former glory, with original 1920's Art Deco lighting, lustrous wood panelling, mohair velvet coverings and gold leaf lined faux turtle shell-clad walls all reflecting the room's glamorous heritage. Head Chef Andy Cook, has created a menu that is inspired by classic British and French dishes of old and includes the theatre and excitement of table side service for a number of dishes. Situated in an elevated room set behind a glass wall, The Savoy Grill Chef's Table offers up to 8 guests a fascinating view of the kitchen pass and all the action of a theatrical service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1785 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (1186)pre/post theatre (738)romance (706)business meals (548)fit for foodies (498)sunday lunch (348)group bookings (209)outstanding value (177)afternoon tea (162)brunch (129)good vegetarian options (84)disabled access (79)child friendly (58)outdoor eating (32)Show More
- WonderfulMrsSimpsonDined on 31/8/2014The Escoffier menu was superb. Air conditioning was a little too high though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art deco and fine dining!LittlemissKDined on 30/8/2014Absolutely enjoyed our experience here! As first time diners, we were excited to experience Gorden Ramsey's menu and found it fitting for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Service was attentive although a little slow to take our order initially, the food was divine (Orkney Scallops) and the desserts delicious! The waitress picked up our celebration and surprised us with a dessert plate, although the note I had left at the time of booking did not seem to have been acknowledged. The ambiance had a mellow buzz and the surrounding romantic and cozy. Would definitely return, the Thames Foyer with Afternoon Tea is next on our list!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014Excellent food, start to finish. Chateaubriand was perfectly cooked, awesome desserts. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceBjoffeDined on 29/8/2014Wanted to see how a restaurant run by Gordon Ramsay performed in real life. I was not disappointed by the performance and experienced a really nice evening with my friends. The service was excellent all evening and the food outstanding. The only thing to be aware of is the price level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th wedding anniversaryloveulotsvalDined on 29/8/2014Our evening meal at The Savoy was outstanding. We were extremely pleased with the service, atmosphere and efficiency of your staff, they were very attentive to our every need. As it was our 25th wedding anniversary celebrations the staff set out to make an extra effort for us which was greatly appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experienceNeighbourVIPDined on 29/8/2014Booked a table for my partner and her sister for rendezvous after sometime, Services were great along with nice ambience and they offered us a cornered table per request. They made our day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island FoodieIslaDined on 29/8/2014The whole experience was sumptuous , the food was a delight to eat. The menu was well thought out with ample choice for all. The service was simply the best, courteous, attentive and knowledgeable .Special Features:
- Lovely EveningDelishhDined on 28/8/2014Fantastic evening, the service really added to the whole night, staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. We had the 4 course classic menu and the 3 course set menu and all options were very nice in particular the omelette and scallops. The peanut butter and caramel parfait was delicious also and the strawberry flambé was fun to watch and enjoyable for a lighter option. All in all great value we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing second visitMidsummerLadyDined on 26/8/2014I had an amazing pre-theatre meal earlier this year at The Savoy and so was really looking forward to a second visit. Unfortunately the second time it was not as good. The starter I selected (beetroot cured salmon) had little taste and the garnishes did little to improve it. The main was a beef and onion pithivier- not much evidence of the onion and the beef was extremely flavoursome but far, far too salty. Really did not enjoy that at all. Did like the petit fours that were offered even though we skipped coffee and dessert. However the service was excellent and the ambience fabulous. Do feel that on this occasion it was expensive for what was on offer. Will give it one more try though as it is a special place.Special Features:
- Perfect pre theatreladieswholunchDined on 25/8/2014Wonderful food great atmosphere and excellent pre theatre supper valueSpecial Features:
- 21st birthday mealLynnesseDined on 24/8/2014I decided to take my son here for a 21st birthday treat and we weren't disappointed. The service was exemplary, the food was divine and the whole experience was one that we will all remember for many years to come. I would definitely recommend this as a venue for anyone celebrating a special occasion. Even without me having made a special request, my son was presented with a small cake on a plate with birthday wishes written on it in chocolate.....wonderful :)Special Features:
- bab123Dined on 23/8/2014Excellent . Fantastic food,excellent service in an oustanding environment.service,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as usualkwatkinsDined on 23/8/2014Not only is the food delicious and well presented, the service is impeccable! A lot of children around during this visit which surprised me but they were extremely well looked after and we're also taken into the kitchen as a little treat. Would not have expected it to be a kid friendly restaurant but it certainly was. Well done to all the staff for making it a very special evening once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dining experienceTulipDined on 23/8/2014We went for late lunch and choose the three corse lunch menu. The food was delicious and beautifully presented and very good value. The drinks, especially the cocktails, were more expensive, but that was to be expected, so cost as much as the food. The service was brilliant, very friendly and attentive. Food from the al la carte menu looked amazing, but a lot more expensive. Definitely a great place for a special occasion. The toilets were superb and a great experience walking through the hotel with beautiful orchids and paintings etc. Would love to go back again.Special Features:
- AOH1Dined on 23/8/2014The Savoy Grill has been on my list of places to dine for some years and as it was our anniversary I jumped at the chance! We were not disappointed. From the moment you arrive in the sumptuous art deco dining room you are treated like a star - the ambiance is lovely. Staff were plentiful and attentive despite it being a Saturday afternoon late lunch. We ate a la carte and had frogs legs to start which were very tasty and crispy if very bony (been years since I'd had them and you forget) and the chateaubriand which was amazing. The beef was beautifully cooked as you'd expect but it was mouth meltingly good. So much so we couldn't manage a pud! But as compensation a very nice waiter took us on a tour of the kitchen which was a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruby wedding anniversary mealRoswatDined on 23/8/2014We had booked to have lunch here with our sons to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. It was an excellent choice as we had a really lovely lunch. In particular we found the service and staff were both outstanding. I eat mostly vegetarian and the chef adapted a vegetarian meal for me, and this was done without any hesitation. The senior waiter also arranged for us to have a visit around the kitchEns after our meal following a discussion with my husband on how a particular sauce was made. We were struck by the friendly manner all the staff, including the kitchen staff, spoke to us. The whole experience was certainly memorable for all the right reasons.Special Features:
- Everything The Savoy should be...HorsenhoundsDined on 23/8/2014Booked a deal through open table for a birthday lunch for a close friend, from the moment we stepped inside until we left more than two hours later, we experienced fantastic service, and beautiful food. I had requested a good table with a note about the birthday, and we were given a great table. Pudding was followed by a lovely presentation plate wishing my friend a very happy birthday - a very thoughtful touch in a busy restaurant. Couldn't fault anything about it, a delightful and memorable experience - thank you to the wonderful Grill staff at The Savoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJA77Dined on 23/8/2014Fantastic experience all around - from booking to the welcome, service and food... we ended up leaving later than expected as we were having such a good time and conversing with the staff. All-in-all it could not have been better!Special Features:
- Pre theatre mealJudeDined on 22/8/2014Had very good pre theatre meal in restaurant - only downside was that large service charge was put on bill without consultation However staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/8/2014The set lunch was excellent and they were very flexible with the use of vouchersSpecial Features:
- Friday Lunch at the Savoy GrillpeacheykeaneDined on 22/8/2014We had a most enjoyable all round eating experience at the Savoy Grll. I used to go there before the refurbishment for business lunches. Today I have found the atmosphere much improved: the service always was excellent, but now it is excellence with a smile and a friendly word.There is an elegance about the eating experience . that was not there previously. The food was immaculately prepared, very well presented and individually served. It had flavour, eye appeal and altogether was very satisfying.The flambé strawberries were a real hit. and we will certainly revisit soon I hope.The wine was presented with a flourish and complemented our chosen food perfectly.Special Features:
- Just fabulousDublinfoodloverDined on 21/8/2014I are dinner here with my two daughters aged 12 and 6. The setting is opulent and impressive from the moment the top hatted concierge opens your car door and helps you out. Period features, luxurious bathrooms and a sleek, dark Art Deco dining room all set an impressive back drop for the food to live up to. And it does! Gorgeous, classic French cuisine from escargots to lobster bisque, steak Diane flambeed impeccably at the table, classic roasts and beautiful desserts. If Classic French fare floats your boat, this flawless experience will not disappoint. Feel like a 1920s movie star while dining sumptuously. Service is excellent. Attentive and knowledgable without being overbearing, especially Fernando and Claudio- outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid!AhmaniDined on 21/8/2014Great food, great service and a great restaurant. Would love to go their again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre mealKathyCDined on 21/8/2014Took some American tourist friends for pre theatre meal. Bar did not have any decent beer so went to local pub for a pint! I had beef and onion pithivier with celeriac rosti and wilted spinach basically minced beef pie and not a good one Ordered roast potatoes as extra but too hard to cut and sent back. French fries were not fresh so had to send them back for hot ones! We were very embarrassed to have brought our guests here ! Deserts were better but wish we had gone somewhere else! Have been here before but don't think we will bother again! Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Outstanding lunchClaudiaDined on 21/8/2014The restaurant was perfect to celebrate my husband's birthday. The hall is very elegant and the service was very attentive. Our waiter described the dishes precisely and treated us in familiar way, giving us suggestion. Alongside with The sommelier suggested us an excellent wine perfect to taste the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014I took my daughter age 15. The food was delicious but not memorable. We chose the pre-theatre menu. The service was not good. I had to ask to order. I was asked if I would like pepper on my food but the waiter did not come back for mins. When I joked did he get lost he said I could have used pepper on table- this was impossible to reach without getting up. I also had to ask for my glass to be refilled with water which wasn't noted when delivering the food. Again the bottle was out of reach. It is expensive. Pre-theatre menu£28 but with extras for 2-£84 before service charge which they add. However we had a lovely time with the ambience and just being at The Savoy made my daughter feel special.
- Stunning!!DaveLoweMusicDined on 19/8/2014The best meal I've ever eaten in the UK!! (and we are fortunate to have visited many fine dining establishments previously)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!Kiaretta290605Dined on 19/8/2014I had a very pleasent evening. Me and my fiance were looking for a romantic diner and we had the most wonderful night! The service was outstanding e the food incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyableclements7VIPDined on 19/8/2014We had a lovely evening. The pre-theatre deal is extremely good value. The ambiance was excellent and the staff professional and friendly. The food was delicious the wine was extremely good and not over priced. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingtravelfoodieDined on 18/8/2014We were stuck at a table in the back corner, and as a result, the servers seemed to forget all about us. The service was absolutely horrible, the waiters inattentive and slow. Our main course, when it finally arrived after a long delay (with no explanation or apology), was of acceptable quality but not the excellent food that we were expecting from a restaurant of this reputation and price. My husband is himself a waiter at a high-end steak restaurant in Toronto (Jacob's & Co.) and he found that his steak was good but by no means as good as the steaks served at his restaurant. Another issue was that our primary waiter did not speak English clearly, which created communication problems. I will not be recommending this restaurant.
- Well done Savoy!BerkobombshellDined on 18/8/2014It was for a special birthday and all the staff such a big fuss of us! We had a lovely time. The food and drink were excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingayekantspehlDined on 17/8/2014I was a little apprehensive about going to the Savoy after reading recent, negative reviews. I'm glad I ignored them! Everything was excellent, from appetizers to dessert. The beef wellington was wonderful, as were our appetizers. The only down-side was the beef fat fried potatoes, which we found to be too crispy. The service was attentive without being overbearing. The ambience of the Savoy Hotel can't be beat, though the Savoy Grill was surprisingly informal. I would go again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Lovely lunch, beautiful surroundingTwigdenDined on 17/8/2014I like the whole Savoy experience, so this lends a lot to how I feel about the Savoy Grill. Valet parking for £10.50 in Central London is a big plus point. The restaurants Art Deco surroundings are lovely and the atmosphere is great. The two person booths with their 90 degree seating positions are ideal for that romantic, relaxed lunch or dinner. My wife is a vegetarian and while I feel the choice for this option is adequate, the quality and/or value isn't. The service had all the right ingredients but didn't quite come together, we waited a while to have our drinks order taken, and the wait for our food order to be taken was too long given the price, expectation and location of the establishment. Minor issues in an overall lovely lunch.Special Features:
- Memorable Occasionluv2dineDined on 17/8/2014The Savoy Grill is a 'Special Occasion Restaurant'. We took two of our teenage granddaughters there for lunch to celebrate their excellent exam results. Both girls were overwhelmed by the ambience and the choices on the various menus. Unfortunately there were one or two issues with accuracy and speed of service. These were eventually handled in an exemplary manner. Food and presentation were perfect as was the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable lunchMillymooDined on 17/8/2014Many thanks to The Savoy Grill, London for a really enjoyable lunch with my husband and 2 children.The food was very good along with excellent service and ambience.Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great welcomedandrogDined on 16/8/2014we were here for a second time, this time to celebrate a 60th birthday and my husband's son achieving his uni place. Staff were professional, discreet and everything went like clockwork. I had informed them in advance of our celebrations and they certainly made us feel special. The food was wonderful, although my fish was a little overdone. However, it didn't detract from what was a fine evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy GrillDinerVIPDined on 16/8/2014We had an excellent meal at The Savoy Grill. Food was excellent and the service was attentive. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 16/8/2014Food, service, ambiance all great.... highly reccommended.Special Features:
- Such a lovely mealLuv2dineDined on 15/8/2014Went to the Savoy Grill for my boyfriends 18th birthday celebration it was probably one of the best meals we have had! As soon as we got there the staff were lovely and made us feel relaxed instantly. The cocktails were very nice and the food was delicious, would definitely go back for another special occasion! The waiter we had gave us very good service and was cautious when I made him aware of my nut allergies, he made sure nothing I was ordering had any nuts in which was nice and made the evening more relaxing for me! They also gave my boyfriend a lovely birthday surprise at dessert. It was a special evening that we will never forget, overall everything was great, would eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy Grill for LunchERGCODined on 15/8/2014The service and the ambience were excellent. The food was also very good - we went for the set meal. My only criticism is that the 3 courses were not as well balanced as is usual with Gordon Ramsay's restaurants. On the day we were there, there was no really light option for a main course. That said the food was excellent as already mentioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.