The Savoy Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
The Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill
- Phone: 02075921600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Savoy Grill
The Savoy Grill dining room has been restored to its former glory, with original 1920's Art Deco lighting, lustrous wood panelling, mohair velvet coverings and gold leaf lined faux turtle shell-clad walls all reflecting the room's glamorous heritage. Head Chef Andy Cook, has created a menu that is inspired by classic British and French dishes of old and includes the theatre and excitement of table side service for a number of dishes. Situated in an elevated room set behind a glass wall, The Savoy Grill Chef's Table offers up to 8 guests a fascinating view of the kitchen pass and all the action of a theatrical service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1760 reviews since 4 June 2014
special occasions (1174)pre/post theatre (725)romance (690)business meals (526)fit for foodies (483)sunday lunch (335)group bookings (205)outstanding value (164)afternoon tea (156)brunch (119)good vegetarian options (79)disabled access (78)child friendly (55)outdoor eating (29)Show More
- Something Very SpecialAdman88Dined on 28/9/2014A very special setting and exceptional food and service make this a must for foodies, birthdays and any couples looking for romance after a Westend show. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceFoodievegetarianDined on 28/9/2014Wonderful restaurant: exceptional food; service and decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 28/9/2014We brought my mother for her birthday and the staff were very attentive and friendly, food good and atmosphere perfect. Would go again. My sons were delighted to see such an iconic hotel in London. It ticked all the boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveJubileeDined on 28/9/2014Attentive, friendly service from the minute we walked in. Good to see the sommeliers doing their thing in full view of the diners. Food - Sunday lunch- was delicious. A couple of minor mistakes made with an order, which were quickly corrected & small something offered in recompense. We were allowed to dine leisurely- about 3 hours with no pressure to leave. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014It was easy to relax having invited friends because you could be sure everything would taste delicious. The surroundings are lovely and the service generally good, although we did choose the restaurant for a pre theatre meal and found when we arrived that that is not an option on Saturdays. The service was attentive but we had to rush at the end to get out in time and only just made our performance in time. That said, we had a wonderful meal and would not hesitate to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ The Savoy!MeleDined on 27/9/2014I took my son for a lovely weekend break in London mainly to see the NFL game at Wembley. We had a pre-theatre dinner in the Savoy grill and it was amazing. My son said the steak he had was the best in his life. A wonderful dining experience with excellent staff.Special Features:
- anniversaryDined on 27/9/2014The ambiense was as good as expected. The service from the staff was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- luvfood58VIPDined on 26/9/2014The Savoy Grill continues to be a staple of the London dining scene. It's a glorious room, and we were seated in a banquette looking down the restaurant. Service was good, and relaxed which was fine as we were in no rush. The chateaubriand was excellent and cooked to perfection. A varied wine list is available too. An institution that should continue for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchDined on 26/9/2014The dinner was excellent, including the much lauded beef wellington. Starters of dorset crab and orkney scallops were accompanied by a very well balanced New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc wine and the beef with the bottle of a fine Pinot Noir. The meal was rounded off with sorbet and a strawberry mille-feuille which was delicious and light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere but not good valueFineDiningFanVIPDined on 26/9/2014It is a nice restaurant and the service was really good but the portions are very small. You don't leave feeling full or like you got good value for money.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014We were excited about eating at one of Gordon Ramsay's signature restaurants while visiting London and we invited friends to join us. We eat out a lot and overall, we found the food good but not fantastic The scallops were a little too rich and the cauliflower tasted a little flour-like. I guess we were expecting to be wowed with complicated tastes and combinations but everything was fairly simple. Considering the prices we paid we had other better meals while visiting the UK for more reasonable prices. It is a nice place to go for a special occasion though.Special Features:
- Best Pre-Theatre Meal EverSteveBDined on 26/9/2014Superb food, great surroundings, fantastic value and the staff were even better. The very best pre-theatre meal we have ever had. Five Star plus all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow factorLollyDined on 26/9/2014I must say that the food was divine!!! I was bit worried taking my guests from Japan there as my experience of Gordon Ramsey restaurant at Claridges was not the best, except their service. However, the chef at the Grill completely destroy my prediction of food. It was extremely well flavoured & presented. Thank you very much for the brilliant experience. I will be a repeater & will use the Grill for treating my guest in the future.Special Features:
- great place & service, average foodWillMaxDined on 26/9/2014Great restaurant. Staff is very good and service is great. Steak was average at best. Ordered the fillet medium well and arrived burned. Was told this is the way it should be. I don't think so, this is not how it was like at Goodman, Gaucho, Haeksmoore and pretty much every good steak place. The verdict, if u looking for a good place with good ambiance, then this is definitely one. If you want a good steak, go somewhere else.Special Features:
- AmazingMarianneDined on 25/9/2014I had high hopes for the restaurant being a Gordon Ramsay fan, and I wasn't let down on any point. The food was incredible, the service was amazing. Nothing to complain about. I had the wellington steak and it was the steak of a lifetime! The chocolate dessert named something like Marquiche or something was a taste of chocolate heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy GrillbrookshawDined on 24/9/2014Iconic Restaurant that does not disappoint. From the moment you arrive you are met with excellent professional service. The food is sublime and personally I cannot recommend it enough.I would recommend this to a friend.
- henrym24Dined on 24/9/2014As always a pleasant dining experience.Food not outstanding but satisfactory. My wife enjoyed her dessert which was excellent. The service was outstanding and is in a class of its own..This was a pre-theatre meal squeezed between performances which worked out perfectly. Would certainly use again but with a more careful choice of main course.Special Features:
- Perfect daybimblingfoodiesDined on 24/9/2014Very special place on a very special day I knew it would be good, but it exceeded expectations. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 30 years, I know excellence when I find it. The whole experience was fabulous, the staff were friendly and charming, the American bar, where we had a few drinks was beautiful, the Savoy Grill room is stunning. This visit was an item on my bucket list, so, I've done it now. I will do it again. Far too much fun to do only once. I would like, as an aside, to say thank you to the lovely ladies in Boodles, they knew we weren't going to buy anything, and still let us try on a rather splendid ring. That was the cherry on the cake. Thank you to all the staff for such a memorable day. See you all soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchDavidPDined on 23/9/2014Lovely afternoon, following slight initial confusion over which menu we were "on". Escoffier four course set menu was interesting, different and good value. Kind, attentive service included a little anniversary treat. Overall, highly recommended.Special Features:
- amazing seviceOf3192Dined on 22/9/2014My friend and i came to the savoy grill last monday around 8pm to have dinner. We are tourists, from Israel, who have heard a lot about the chef and the resturant, therefore we had an early reservesion. our waiter, Fernando, was very kind and helped us choose our main courses. the food arrived pretty fast (sirlione and salmon on the grill). the food was lovely, and the dishes were big. after we had a desert, Fernando suggusted us to go inside the kitchen and he showed us around. It was a lot of fun and the staff were kind and friendly. I would highly recommend our waiter, Fernando. He was super professional and very friendly. we enjoyed the whole experience and would recommend the savoy grill to other people.Thank you for the lovely dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsGrumpyDined on 22/9/2014Booked as part of a celebration but sadly not up to the occasion. From the food (oversalted good pub grub) to the service (attitude over competence) to the room (feels like plastic for some reason). Won't be back given the choices in London.
- LOVELY LUNCHKentishTownOmnibusDined on 22/9/2014Going for the set lunch makes this affordable (just). Extras can soon nearly double the basic meal price. Food is very nice (but not achieving great). Very good service that is not intrusive nor obsequious. Menu is not too fussy so something for most people. Overall, very recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceJohnRDined on 22/9/2014From start to finish, an amazing time was had. 5 stars, worth visiting again and again. The Beef Wellington was everything we were hoping for. Simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fully lived up to high expectationsMrStoofDined on 20/9/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a post theatre meal at The Savoy Grill on Saturday 20th September. The food was outstanding, and the service was the vest I have experienced (particular credit to Natasha and Claudio) it appeared that there was 1 staff member to every 2 diners. I expected an expensive meal, but for the quality of food and the service, I would say it is worth every penny for a special occasion. I would highly recommend this to anyone!.Special Features:
- poor service _ staff not attentivelove2dineoutDined on 20/9/2014It was my daughters 21st so I wanted it to be special, we were shown to our table, they didn't pull the chairs out for us or put our napkins on our laps (which you would expect in a high standard restaurant). I ordered a drink, I received it 17 mins later after asking where it was - no apology. We had water with our meal, they didn't leave any on the table or refill our glasses, we had to keep asking for more, the staff seem to spend more time moving chairs around than looking after there guests, there we're 2 members of staff by the exit, we said buy and thank you, they just smiled at us as they were busy chatting - no "thank you" or "hope you enjoyed your evening" Even though the food was excellent the service was very poor.Special Features:
- A special nightNYguyDined on 20/9/2014I had taken my mom to London for holiday and on our last night we chose the Savoy Grill--it was a beautiful night with amazing service, great food, in the middle of all the action. While the menu may seem a bit limited at first--they have a nice selection that will make most diners very happy.Special Features:
- The Savoy GrillgrwplDined on 20/9/2014Classic and classy. Good food, great choices and first class service.When you consider how easy it is to spend similar amount at many chain restaurant's the Savoy Grill is a very good choice. Of course it is easy to ramp up the overall costs with pre lunch drinks and wine with the meal but I am always very happy to visit this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceTotokoDined on 19/9/2014Wine recommendation is great, high food quality and the service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Option for Classy DinnerDinnerOutDined on 19/9/2014We went to this restaurant because of the chef Gordon Ramsey, and also because the famous beef Wellington. We surely ordered this beef, and it is enough for two. It was perfect! Recomend to anyone!Special Features:
- Amazingly Good FoodKazJenkoDined on 19/9/2014Although the prices are a little high but I say you always get what you pay for and boy is that true. The service was second to none and the food was amazing. I can definitely recommend their Beef Wellington. I have never had Beef Wellington like it before and cooked to your liking. Would definitely visit again if I am in London for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yum yumJencarrDined on 19/9/2014I knew the Savoy would have great food but it was absolutely delicious!! We had the pre-theatre menu which was great value at £28 a head- every course was outstanding and the cocktails were to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dismal dining experienceEstherLDined on 19/9/2014if I could rate 0 stars i would.Worst service in a restaurant ever - we waited for 20 mins before we even managed to get the attention of a server to get the menu. And then another 10-15 mins' wait before we could get our food orders taken. It was not as if the wait staff wanted to give us time to decide on the food - they just weren't interested to serve. Eg they came to take our drinks order without even handing us the wine list or drinks menu for our considerations. And when the food arrived the waiter dropped the saucer on the table while he was pouring the sauce,and didn't even apologize or check if any of the sauce had landed on us.It was a horrible experience at a Ramsay restaurant. Which is a pity because the food itself is not bad
- Ticked off my bucket listAtulDined on 19/9/2014Have been a Gordon Ramsay fan since I first saw Hell's Kitchen Season 1 and always dreamed of eating at one of his restaurants. I was nervous before I went there. Would the food match all the anticipation that had built up? The first bite of my Scollops starter and I was in heaven. The food was sublime. The Beef Wellington does deserve its legendary status and the service was awesome!Special Features:
- Never fails to disappointChandlerswhoDineDined on 18/9/2014I proposed to my wife T the Savoy Grill in 2006 and it has been our favourite restaurant and regular dining night out ever since. The food and service are unmatched by other London places and the ambiance of the Savoy in general make for a quality evening everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceposhdaysoutDined on 18/9/2014Visited with a group of 5 ladies as I had purchased this for my Sisters Birthday alongside theatre tickets. Very good service, food and ambiance. The Waiter asked if it was a special occasion and then produced a lovely Birthday wish in chocolate on a plate complete with small cake and a candle, it was a lovely and unexpected gesture for my Sister, she was thrilled. The pre-theatre meal was simple ( not lots of choice ) but very nice and fantastic value at £24 for 2 courses and £28 for 3. I would happily have paid more for the beautiful surroundings and ambiance. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Absolutely FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in the luxurious Savoy Grill. From start to finish it was simply wonderful, the staff were friendly and attentive with out being overbearing. The food was cooked and presented beautifully. We were presented with an anniversary dessert which was a lovely unexpected touch. This was our first visit to the Savoy Grill; certainly wont be our last, we are already recommending it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most memorable lunchEscoffierDined on 18/9/2014Impeccable service, great surroundings, relaxed atmosphere and good food! We chose the Escoffier menu for lunch and were not disappointed. The omelette was the best of my life, the beef pudding superb and the flambed strawberries divine!! Will definitely return to the Savoy Grill at a future date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitTheatregoerDined on 18/9/2014Amazing welcoming staff, delicious pork (and crackling) from the trolley, plenty of choice, friendly atmosphere. Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Savoy GrillceemhDined on 17/9/2014Went with a friend to the Savoy Grill after a matinee at the Savoy Theatre. It was quite busy with mostly people pre-theatre. We had the set menu of £24 for 2 courses which was good. There was rather a long gap between our first course and the main course - so much so that a waiter came ande offered us the bread and butter which comes at the beginning of the meal thinking we must have just arrived. They were apologetic about this. I did point out that it might make it difficult for us to comply with their 90 minute slot which they are keen to ensure you agree tp when booking. However they assured me that this would not matter and in any case most of the other diners were hurrying off to the theatre so there were plenty of tables available.Special Features:
- Eg-g16OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 16/9/2014This meal was my husbands treat to me for my birthday, I have been coming to the Savoy for 25years. Firstly, the bar had no tables, no apology. We were shown to our table, which was right next to the serving station, our waiter was clearly rowing with the wine waiter and actually shoved him I n front of us! We didn't get any bread for twenty minutes had to ask for it and for our order to be taken and the wine waiter made suggestions on our wine which were all more expensive than our selection. My caviar came without any egg etc my pie was dry and my husbands liver was dry and no sauce. We were left to taste our wines and pour them! The place has gone down there is no leadership won't be going back!