The Savoy Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
The Savoy Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill
- Phone: 02075921600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Cook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Savoy Grill
The Savoy Grill dining room has been restored to its former glory, with original 1920's Art Deco lighting, lustrous wood panelling, mohair velvet coverings and gold leaf lined faux turtle shell-clad walls all reflecting the room's glamorous heritage. Head Chef Andy Cook, has created a menu that is inspired by classic British and French dishes of old and includes the theatre and excitement of table side service for a number of dishes. Situated in an elevated room set behind a glass wall, The Savoy Grill Chef's Table offers up to 8 guests a fascinating view of the kitchen pass and all the action of a theatrical service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1739 reviews since 25 October 2013
special occasions (1164)pre/post theatre (706)romance (682)business meals (529)fit for foodies (484)sunday lunch (328)group bookings (197)outstanding value (163)afternoon tea (151)brunch (115)disabled access (78)good vegetarian options (78)child friendly (52)outdoor eating (25)Show More
- JudyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/10/2014As always our welcome was excellent. Good ambience and excellent service. Pre theatre menu changes regularly and is very good value. Do mention you are going to theatre as tale end of service can be a bit slow when restaurant starts to fill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/10/2014Excellent meal celebrating daughter's commemoration day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMackDined on 21/10/2014It was a very good experience. The service was outstanding and the ambiance was very conducive for good conversation. The food and wine is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickeyDined on 21/10/2014The restaurant is fully booked and quite noisy. I noticed that some tables had some chocolates or cookies as compliment when paying the bill. We do not serve this and the waiter just pull down the bill and left. We paid in cash and left without attention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointed meBatlikeDined on 20/10/2014The savoy itself was wonderful - especially the American bar. The Savoy Grill was such a let down. There were so many little things that were lacking. The food was very average. The soup served so hot it was a mission for health & safety to get involved in. I would recommend that The Savoy dis-owns the Savoy Grill as soon as possible. I did not realise it was not part of the hotel group - this should be made clear on the website. A special birthday treat spoilt unfortunately.Special Features:
- fantastic food in a fantastic placeGooiYCDined on 20/10/2014Loved this great place within the historic Savoy Hotel. Serving wonderful food that's suprisingly pretty affordable, I'd recommend this place to everyone!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialBettyDined on 19/10/2014Beautiful food, excellent service with a perfect balance between professional, informal and a touch of theatre. My only teensy weensy complaint is they should hv offered to wrap the petite foires as we just cudnt manage them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing2dineDined on 18/10/2014Whatever you do, don´t spend money in this restaurant if you appreciate good service and don´t like to see guests being drunk!
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014Fantastic food with excellent, attentive but not overbearing, staff. A lovely experience for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 18/10/2014Great restaurant interesting menu pricey some items seemed overpricedSpecial Features:
- AttentiveGeofEDined on 18/10/2014Highly attentive service, sadly a little bit too reverential but no more than one would expect . We ate from the 3 course lunch menu £30, which was good value and the food was good, nothing overboard but for £30pp I wouldn't expect fireworks, the hake in Pernod was pleasant. I have read a review in a national newspaper that complained they restaurant would rush you if you went over an hour, I have to say that even though they were busy, we sat there for two hours and no one concerned themselves about it at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceMarieDined on 17/10/2014first class experience at the best hotel in londonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor wine serviceraitakongenDined on 17/10/2014There were no personal connection with the staff, which we've experienced on previous occasions. Especially with the somerlier Cedrick which I do not believe work there anymore, at least he was not working that day. Instead, the waitress(?) who ran us through the wine-map did not follow up on our suggestion for reasonable priced wine but kept recommending bottles way out of our price range (abt. £150+). Luckily I know my wines and managed to pick a decent one myself at half the suggested price. Luckily, the food was (as always) oustanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrmrsgDined on 17/10/2014We had a really lovely time and the place was impressive. The service was good and the staff seemed genuinely pleasant and well trained. Although there seemed to be so many waitors that we rarely went 3 minutes without someone checking how we were. This would not however put us off returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, amazing cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/10/2014I went here with work colleagues for a work social. Despite the mix of people in the group, everyone enjoyed their meal and found the food delicious. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.Andrew03Dined on 17/10/2014Perfect from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, One of the reasons we went to savoy was the beef wellington and it was amasing. Nice atmosphere and perfecte service. Would recomend everybody a trip to savoy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting bettergabionDined on 17/10/2014As a semi regular at the Grille over the years it never disappoints. Great prices with friendly service. The food is always superb and good portions. I would take anyone there knowing there is always something on the menu for all tastes. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingsmartinsDined on 17/10/2014The most amazing meal in really great setting. Party of three all had the Escoffier Signature Dishes menu, which was fantastic value at £38 for four courses!! every course was pure brilliance, omelette to start (best omelette I have ever had!!), then scallops, pork cheeks and strawberries flambeed table side. The sommelier persuaded us to change our wine choice, and really please we did, beautiful bottle of Pinot to wash it all down with. All in all, the party came away totally satisfied and particularly impressed with the menu, one of the best meals I have ever had the pleasure to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my best set lunch ever... foodieSingaporeFoodieDined on 17/10/2014This is my first time at Savoy Grill and also my first time eating in one of Gordon Ramsay's establishment. The set lunch that me n my wife ordered were both excellent in presentation and flavour. The Burfort brown egg starter was out of this world, with the orange creamy yolk oozing out and i had almost wanted 2 lick every last remains of it but stopped myself from embarrassment. The service was excellent although the ambience could be improved if the tables are placed further apart. We can barely hear ourselves talking when the restaurant is almost full. Overall, this is an excellent restaurant and one of the best value for money set lunch I've taken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pie heaven :-)TopcheftastingDined on 16/10/2014The omelette soft as a cloud & the chicken & mushroom pie simply divine. Too full to try dessert...there is always next time! Service polite & efficient. Low-ceiling setting too dark for my taste, but I can understand the old England appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurantAjayDined on 16/10/2014Took my gf there for her b'day and we had a great time dinning here. The staff were excellent and we loved the food.Special Features:
- SorryMicaelafromSwedenDined on 15/10/2014I eaten better dinners cheaper . I had higher expectations on the food of a Gordon Ramsey restaurang ! How ever the staff did a excellent jobb and the atmosphere was real nice !
- Impeccable...ChadwickDined on 15/10/2014Food, service and ambiance are impeccable. The lunch special menu is the best value in town. I always eat here when visiting London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time diningannualdinersDined on 14/10/2014We are a group of friends who meet annually for lunch and were not disappointed on Tuesday. The attention we were given from entering the Grill until we left was second to none. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service we received was attentive but not overwhelming and the layout of the room makes conversation easy without being intrusive to others. A excellent venue for a special get-together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but Expectations Not MetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/10/2014We were disappointed with a "cover charge" just to dine. We were also disappointed with the soup (taste and presentation), and unfortunately, our entrees were overcooked.Special Features:
- Fantastic !teresaDined on 13/10/2014Everything was just perfect... the welcome into the restaurant was great.. the service was outstanding. All employees were so friendly and helpful. And the food... was just divine ! It is definitely worth going to the Savoy Grill ! Well done to you all !Special Features:
- Savoy GrilldavesdinnerDined on 13/10/2014Fine dining with great service. We had three courses with champagne and wine and it came to £70 a head. Like other restaurants the bottled water is very expensive so do not be afraid to ask for tap water. The service is exceptional as is the food. I have been there twice now and I can thoroughly recommend the roasts available (these change on a daily basis). Go on ..... treat yourself!Special Features:
- ConsistentDazmanDined on 13/10/2014This was my third visit to the Savoy Grill. Lovely dining room. Great service and delicious tasting food. Can't fault it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbGourmandeDined on 12/10/2014The Savoy is a fantastic place for a meal if you're celebrating a special event - make sure you let the staff know if you are celebrating a Birthday as they'll give the Birthday person a little something extra at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Day at Savoy GrillBingmeisterDined on 12/10/2014A wonderful experience - good food, good wine, good atmosphere, and at a place with a lot of history. It was a really enjoyable lunch, which we will repeat when back in England next time.Special Features:
- very bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/10/2014after lunch, i requested for the bill and then went to the washroom. when i came back, my table has already been occupied by other guests. i was then guided to the reception area to settle the bill. i think this is very inpolite and insulting. i am very disappointed to the service level and will not come back or recommend anyone to go there.
- Great service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014My first dining experience at The Savoy Grill whilst at first when you walk in it comes across a little too posh and overly snobby which can be off putting but once in the restaurant we were at ease with very attentive, friendly, helpful and funny waiters and the food was absolutely delicious. Would recommend and definetly eat at The Savoy again.Special Features:
- Excellent meal experienceRewsyDined on 11/10/2014Lovely food, good atmosphere, outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Red123456789Dined on 11/10/2014service slow to start but then exceptional when they got going, once the head waiter got involved things shaped- up food excellent I had the roasted scallops .wow! fillet steak. great chicken & mushroom pie. great sea bream. greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed; spoilt occasion.NickDined on 11/10/2014We chose The Savoy Grill for a special meal for our daughter's birthday. Really disappointed it did not meet our expectations. Lots of waiters around but had to wait for service and call someone over. No menu or wine menu offered at first until we asked for them. We chose the fixed menu as we were on a budget but starters were very limited and basic - very thinly sliced ham and a little salad, no dressing etc. Main meal took ages to arrive and the belly pork was inedible as so fatty. Waiters didn't speak great English and, although they offered a replacement, it would have taken too long based on service time so far and our other commitments. They did give us a complimentary sorbet but no refund and by then our experience had been ruined.Special Features:
- Mix up rather spoiled my birthdaySusieFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Had the Escoffier menu for the second time, I wish they would put some other unusual old fashioned recipes on the menu. It was however, a bit different from the first time, the scallops were much better but the Arnold Bennett wasn’t as perfect as previously. Celebrating my birthday my daughter phoned and emailed them to order surprise champagne and say she was thinking of me and sorry not to be able to make it. Well nobody said a thing or gave us the champagne she had paid for! She was really upset. Disappointing Savoy Grill you should be able to organise something as simple as that!!Special Features:
- Great!NicoleVIPDined on 8/10/2014Food and service are of a very high quality - great dining experience! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Disappointing in one word, while the service was exceptional, the main course mixed grill etc was overcooked and to be honest not what one would expect of a "Ramsay"restaurant. Whilse the entrée (lobster bisque and deserts - Crème Brulee -were very good the mains really let us down. This was our 30th Wedding anniversary and we were very disappointed. We have eaten at Petrous and Ramsey in Hospital Road London, also his restaurants in LA (before it shut down) and also the one in New York on previous trips and the food was excellent, perhaps our fault for booking the Savoy Grill but we wont be back to the Savoy Grill, the only saving grace was the impeccable service from the staff.Special Features:
- Wife's birthdayFoodieDined on 6/10/2014Not sure how to describe The Savoy Grill. It's nice enough but misses something and there are far to many waiters for the size of the restaurant . They were getting in each other's way and knocked things over. The food was good without being outstandinging so I'm not sure I would go again as I did spend a lot of money and felt a little let down. There needs to be more direction and for the waiters not to be I your face as much. If I want to pour my own water when I want then let me do it don't try and take the bottle from me. It's annoying. Good food and the American Bar is good but again let down by over zealous staff. Just chill.Special Features:
- Special OccasionMaffDined on 5/10/2014We had a lovely experience here everything was amazing, it was my husbands 50th birthday and he had a lovely afternoon. If there was one fauit it was that the wine glass had a very faint lip stick mark still on it, but as everything else was spot on we didn't feel the need to complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.