The Stockbridge Restaurant
54 St Stephen Street
Edinburgh, EH3 5ALNeighborhood:
ScottishPrice: £26 to £40
The Stockbridge Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thestockbridgerestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01312266766
- Hours of Operation:
Opening Hours Saturday and Sunday Dinner 7.00pm Last bookings - Saturday 9.30pm, Sunday 9.00pm Tuesday - Friday Dinner 7.00pm - Last booking 9.30pm Set menu is available Tuesday - Friday evenings.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Scottish, Modern European, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Gallagher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
- Catering: We are more than happy to offer canapes, catering for small functions and events.This can be arranged in advance to suit your needs.
A word from The Stockbridge Restaurant
Welcome to The Stockbridge Restaurant Edinburgh. Edinburgh's cozy, family-run restaurant is situated in the heart of historic Stockbridge where it's not so much fine-dining as a relaxed, unpretentious experience. Head Chef Jason, his partner Jane and their team proudly present 'fresh and creative cooking, hand-picked wines and a warm-hearted ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Stockbridge Restaurant - Best restaurants in Edinburgh ›
The Stockbridge Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (127)romance (110)fit for foodies (96)outstanding value (38)business meals (28)pre/post theatre (18)good vegetarian options (12)sunday lunch (11)group bookings (10)child friendly (4)outdoor eating (2)brunch (1)Show More
- Will definitely be back here ^^GraviessDined on 23/8/2014The staff are attentive and knowledgeable and the food was superb. A perfect dining experience :)Special Features:
- Fantastic Experiencew1foodieVIPDined on 23/8/2014A great meal. Well worth a visit. Highly recommended by a foodie.Special Features:
- Satisfaction!MistyDined on 14/8/2014I was looking for a restaurant in Edinburgh and found this one on Internet. Booking was easy, the service was friendly and the food was super. We were a party of 4 from Denmark and we were very impressed. Thank you.Special Features:
- An Unlucky Night?S0CKSTHECATDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant came highly recommended by family and friends but disappointed 3 out of our 4 diners on the night. One left fully satisfied, three left wondering if it was just poor food choices [a la carte] on the night. The table was too small. The service was attentive. For what was offered the prices were not commensurate with the food quality and the presentation. Hopefully it was just a bad night as more of our family are attending there this weekend! Not a patch on the Galvin Brasserie where we dined the previous evening for food, presentation and service. We'll give it another go in a couple of months in the hope that 'our night' was just a 'one off.'
- Real Find RestaurantTomimayuDined on 8/8/201415 minutes walk from Royal Mile and this restaurant is idyllic hideaway. The taste of dinner and the atmosphere are excellent. I recommend this restaurant very confidently.Special Features:
- Sizzling Stockbridge Supper!luv2eatDined on 7/8/2014My partner and I had a great meal out at the Stockbridge Restaurant and can't wait to go back. Fantastic food, great service and a welcoming atmosphere and surroundings. Well done to the whole venue.Special Features:
- Excellent Special EveningralfDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I were visiting Edinburgh and wanted a special evening out. The Stockbridge was selected through TripAdvisor and we enjoyed the evening very much. Food was generally excellent, the ambience exceptional and the cost reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealcm00013Dined on 2/8/2014My family and I went to dinner at this restaurant during a one night stay in Edinburgh, and we had a lovely meal. The restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere, and you couldn't fault the service or the food. I'd definitely go back here when I next visit Edinburgh.Special Features:
- ExcellentAsterDined on 27/7/2014Food was the best I have been served in Edinburgh in two years lving here. A great little restaurant and with friendly helpful staff. Will definitely be a regular venue when I have guests come to town.Special Features:
- Sunday dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/7/2014Have a great time and amazing diner. Great food but in excepted short ride but well well worth it! Would go back for sure! Good service!Special Features:
- Great food, great experienceCjr1971Dined on 24/7/2014From the outset the service was friendly and not too overbearing. Menu was comprehensive with plenty of choice. Presentation was great, flavours excellent and portion sizes spot on. Wine by the glass was tasty and at the right temperatures. Will definitely recommend and go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely cosy little gemKCJ2012Dined on 20/7/2014We booked this restaurant for our wedding anniversary after a recommendation from a friend and we were not disappointed. We dined on a Sunday from the set menu, with the option of bring your own wine @ £4 corkage. Set menu choices were great and portions were surprisingly large. Food was good quality and well presented. Staff were very attentive and restaurant very cosy! You will probably need to book as it's quite a small seating area. Will be returning on our next trip to Edinburgh. Thanks to all at Stockbridge for making our wedding anniversary dinner so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/7/2014Fab meal & atmosphere - no hurried service so a pleasure to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealREGT66Dined on 18/7/2014We have dined at the Stockbridge on a number of occasions and as usual it did not disappoint. Food and service were of a high standard and the ambience perfect for couples and larger parties.A great choice of wines rounded off the perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning EdinburghnewviewDined on 6/7/2014We were looking for somewhere to eat on a Sunday night and found the Stockbridge via Opentable. It was excellent in all senses. SuperbSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Excellent food. Good value. Just the correct amount of time between courses. Knowledgeable and helpful waiting staffSpecial Features:
- Excellent As EversybiesDined on 24/6/2014It has been some time since we dined at the Stockbridge Restaurant but the service, ambience and quality of food was as excellent as we last remembered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food goodSnrafDined on 24/6/2014The ambience was good, with a cosy, relaxed feel. The waitress was polite, and we got our food promptly. The food we had here was good, but not perfect. The pigeon starter and duck main were great, as was the bread and the complimentary appetiser. The rabbit starter and lamb main were good, but the fat had not been rendered out of the lamb rack, making it difficult to eat and slightly unappetising. The rabbit was very nice, but was obviously farmed, so again not quite as good as it could have been. The lamb and rabbit were still good, but they didn't quite feel worth the price or up to the standard of the other dishes. We had a nice evening, and I'd happily go back, but maybe for a lunchtime when it isn't quite so expensive.
- Great Sunday Menuchandler323Dined on 22/6/2014We happened upon this restaurant and did not realise as it was a Sunday there was a special menu. It was also BYOB. The atmosphere and location was really special. Small but perfectly formed you could say, with a great menu and very attentive staff. All in all a bit of a find in Stockbridge ...... We will return. The rabbit starter was particularly nice and the duck was really well presented - med rare as it should be....
- 2nd time and as good as I rememberFoodjunkiemikeDined on 21/6/2014The food and service were fantastic, but I kind of knew they would be. Very attentive, but not over powering and made to feel very welcome. The food was also a treat with a great variety and fantasic quality. I particularly enjoyed my rabbit starter and the duck was fantastically cooked and presented. Well worth a trip for a special occasion and also if you fancy a little treat.Special Features:
- Good food in an informal settingSpeke52Dined on 18/6/2014I chose this venue for our wedding anniversary on the basis of its food and ambience and it was a great choice. Food and service were excellent without being too fussy - we felt relaxed and the relatively informality of service complimented the high quality of the food. We would definetly go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and friendly serviceAussieTravellerDined on 14/6/2014Looking for a place to catch up with relatives after we had travelled from Australia I settled on this restaurant. Booking online was a breeze and confirmation was emailed. Arriving early before opening time didn't bother the staff, we were greeted by friendly smiles and offered a choice of tables. The menu was simple with only 1/2 dozen choices on appetizer and main course, but each choice was tempting. Settling on the bass I was impressed with the flavour (which was to die for) and combination of chorizo, sausage, potato and beetroot. We were given fresh bread and orderves which was a surprise but went well with our meal, simple but nice touch. Thanks for a lovely start to a great evening in Stockbridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningAndrewDined on 13/6/2014We were out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We chose the Stockbridge as we know it from previous visits. As always we were not disappointed. We had a super evening. The food was outstanding, the wine excellent and the staff were very efficient and friendly. If you like really good food, the Stockbridge is for you and is great value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceLittleLizDined on 8/6/2014My friend and I chose this restaurant because it had good food reviews, was within walking distance of where we were staying in Edinburgh and it was open on Sunday evening. An added bonus was that we could take our own special bottle of wine (only available on a Sunday). We were not disappointed. Everything was perfect. Definitely a must for anyone visiting Stockbridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brillaint wee placeJennieDDined on 7/6/2014We dined at the Stockbridge Restaurant as part of my husbands birthday celebrations. Its a lovely restaurant, with an interesting menu, cooked brilliantly. We couldn't fault anything, from the friendly welcome onwards we had a brilliant night and really enjoyed ourselves. I'd definitely recommend this place to friends and family and I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!RosieDined on 7/6/2014We went to the Stockbridge for a special dinner the last night we were in Edinburgh. What a wonderful memory to leave with. The food, service and atmosphere were superb. You want to come here for your special occasions!Special Features:
- Small but perfectJOHNDined on 31/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at the Stockbridge restaurant. The hostess met us at the door as we entered and took us to our table. Her knowledge about the aperitifs and wine was outstanding. The food was excellent and very well presented, and the waiting staff were very pleasant and helpful. One of the best meals we have had in a long time. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBackagaiun2Dined on 30/5/2014Never disappointed, even if the menu doesn't alter much. Very well presented inventive food. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Will not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 25/5/2014Two foodies on our second visit to Stockbridge: perfectly sated. The food is perfect from a combination, flavour, preparation, presentation and portion size. The amuse-bouche was a lovely addition. The service is attentive but discrete. The layout makes great use of a small garden apartment without feeling crowded. And I would pay far more for a meal like that than is being charged. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodspecialdinnersDined on 25/5/2014We visited The Stockbridge on a Sunday night during a weekend away in Edinburgh to celebrate our 40th birthdays. The food didn't disappoint- really special. Great value as it was their Sunday night fixed price menu. Decent portion sizes. The restaurant was pretty full, but not noisy- good atmosphere. Staff were helpful and friendly. We'd love to visit again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/5/2014Food was lovely. Unfortunately the wine was not cold enough and we sent it back. It was replaced immediately by a cold bottle though. I would say the Restaurant is a bit overpriced, otherwise, great place.Special Features:
- food4thoughtDined on 22/5/2014First visit to the Stockbridge. Friendly, great service, fantastic food, would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a memorable meal in relaxed and comfortable surroundings.Special Features:
- amazing saturday eveningMisscouttsyDined on 10/5/2014Love the ambience of this quaint, tucked away treasure and always a treat to go whether with a partner or friends. Service is always attentive enough but not intrusive and the food is just stunning with specialised menus to cater for any intolerances. The wine menus is also fitting for the food and excellent advice is on tap. You can just tell the food is of excellent quality and sourced well and, overall, freshly made.Special Features:
- Good as everMacjezzaDined on 2/5/2014Great food and service as usual. The only slight irritation was the phone call to tell us we had to leave by 9pm, the when we arrived the first thing we were told was we only had the table till 8.50. Not exactly the best way to make us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food heavenexy21Dined on 27/4/2014Food was excellent. Well presented, portion size perfect and would throughly recommend. Great value on set menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location and setting - smallADINERDined on 26/4/2014This restaurant has a nice cosy feel and the service was very attentive. The menu choices are limited but this is less of a problem if the food is excellent. We couldn't fault the quality of the ingredients or the preparation but some of the choices of ingredients did not pair well. They have a resonably imaginative wine list and some interesting aperetif choices - gin and tonic with thyme! It is very small however so if you want a romantic table for two be sure to book early and specify a corner table otherwise you will be 'on show' in the middle of a small room cut adrift from your wine cooler!Special Features:
- Excellent eveningNyssaDined on 25/4/2014We went on Friday evening, I am currently pregnant and dined on the set menu and my husband dined on the A La Carte. When we arrived the first greeting was fine and we were seated at our table, the waitress did not come back and take a drinks order until we were ordering our food. When we asked what the cheeses were the waitress didn't know and she came back with a list which she couldn't pronounce or describe any. The food itself was absolutley excellent, I think they are only short of a Michelin Star due to the service which wasn't bad as such just wasn't great either. We would definitely go back to this restaurant and would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Absolutely first rate food.AndyDined on 13/4/2014Absolutely first rate food. The starters were fantastic (the scallops especially). The service was attentive but not pushy or invasive. Altogether a really pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- amazing crumble!freyballcatDined on 13/4/2014We had an amazing first meal here having the Sunday menu and our table of 5 all really enjoyed themselves. The staff were lovely and attentive and it was a bonus being BYOB. My plum crumble was my highlight of my meal as it was amazing! I'm looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- groundhog dayrpat7361VIPDined on 12/4/2014every time i get asked to review this restaurant I say the same thing OUTSTANDING Says it all really.Special Features: