60 Blomfield Road
London, W9 2PDNeighbourhood:
EnglishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesummerhouse.co/
- Phone: 020 7286 6752
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday, Sunday: 10:00AM - 01:00PM;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 12:00pm - 03:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00PM - 04:30PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 06:00PM - 10:30PM
Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, English
- Executive Chef: Sinan Lamouri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Summerhouse
The Summerhouse is situated on the Grand Union Canal only a stone's throw away from our famous Waterway restaurant in Little Venice. We can't control the weather but we can offer you that holiday feeling whilst dining, overlooking the water and enjoying our crisp Rosé wines, Summer salads and the best fish and chips in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Eating
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
The Summerhouse - Best restaurants in Paddington ›
The Summerhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since 26 November 2013
outdoor eating (111)romance (95)special occasions (84)brunch (73)sunday lunch (68)fit for foodies (49)business meals (40)group bookings (24)child friendly (20)afternoon tea (16)outstanding value (14)disabled access (9)good vegetarian options (9)pre/post theatre (5)Show More
- Wondrful Restaurant on Little Venice CanalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/11/2014We are from the US and just visited London and found this wonderful restaurant in the neighborhood where we were staying. We walked to it from the Maida Vale area. We went there for dinner twice and can recommend it for its delicious food. Try the outstanding Mac and Cheese with tomatoes (better than anything your mother made), the fish and chips (very light), and the cocconut and cardamom rice pudding is speciat treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish and chips recommended.MikeyDined on 21/11/2014Great fish and chips in ambiant surroundings, very good service and a recommended venuee, some nice local pubs too for a pre dinner snifter....10-minutes walk from Paddington station in an oasis of calm and tranquility. Our second visit and I'm looking forward vto a third...Special Features:
- Delicious food in a lovely settingAshleyDined on 5/11/2014My friend and I had a really good dinner at the Summerhouse on Wednesday night. When I booked I was a little worried at what it would be like, as it is the perfect summer restaurant with the windows opening onto the canal, however they had transformed it so that it has a cosy feel and a great atmosphere. The food was delicious and service was outstanding. We did the opentable deal, which meant we had 50% of our food and so it felt like a bargin. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant atmospheric venuequeenjoVIPDined on 25/10/2014Went in a group of 6 on a Saturday night. The service was speedy and pleasant. Not impressed with the duck salad but the cod was beautifully cooked. Small basic menu but lovely setting on the river and good lighting made it a stand out location. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best fish & chips I've ever hadMikeyDined on 24/10/2014Excellent service and great ambiance. Will be re visiting soon!Special Features:
- Friday Lunch treatKaren869Dined on 24/10/2014I booked a deal for lunch at food was lovely, service was good. It would have been a little expensive had we not book the deal but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014We had a superb lunch here with great food and service. Would definately recommend the summerhouse.Special Features:
- Delicious fish & chipscinnamonDined on 15/10/2014We've been to The Summerhouse a few times but never tried their fish & chips. We were delighted with the generous portions, high quality of fish and crisp batter. The calamari starter was also terrific - a crisp exterior with melt-in-the-mouth squid. The service at The Summerhouse is always wonderful. I'm sure we'll be returning soon!Special Features:
- A lose but no cigarPBM1Dined on 9/10/2014Very helpful staff with nothing too much trouble. My partner had the Scallop dish of the day which was perfect but my fish pie, although tasty had far too small chunks and there was An excessive mash topping. The 30% food discount was welcome otherwise a little pricey.
- FamilyDined on 4/10/2014Very great experience once again at the Summerhouse. I have been there now at least 5 times, and we always enjoy it a lot. The ambiance is amazing, very very friendly service and good food!Special Features:
- Carlisle4/28lovethatfoodDined on 2/10/2014Have eaten here on several occasions, both lunch and dinner, and the food and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014I've dined here a few times now and the food is always presented well and prepared to high standards. The service is polite and professional.Special Features:
- Very good lunch!RodrigoVIPDined on 27/9/2014I really like this restaurant and always recommend it to people visiting London.Special Features:
- Disappointingw2foodieDined on 21/9/2014Visited Summerhouse early Sunday evening, the restaurant is quite pleasant and on the bank of the Grand Union canal in Maida Vale. The Special of the day was not available and the roast beef Sunday option was also not available. The remaining menu was mostly fish apart from the one steak option that I chose. The other two chose 2 starters and two sides to be able to find something on the menu that suited them. The "acclaimed" mash that accompanied the main course did not taste fresh and could easliy have been made from a packet, the mushrooms had also nothing going for them, however the steak was quite acceptable. Staff were very pleasant despite the challenging working conditions.
- Lovely setting.PaulMaryDined on 19/9/2014What a delightful place in a lovely setting. Attentive service and perfect for a romantic occasion or a special family dinner. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with my departmentAndrewWWVIPDined on 12/9/2014I took my colleagues for a special lunch and we had a wonderful time, it's the second time I have been the Summer House and it's a great experience, special place and the food is great along with service, I cannot recommend it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer specialprofVIPDined on 9/9/2014Never fails to deliver a calm relaxing mood, fresh air, simple fresh food and keen service. Summerhouse is a one off in London especially on a summer's evening. Food has never been less than good and can be very good. Not fussy or fancy but simple and fresh. Mostly fish, but there's enough choice on a short menu. Prices reasonable considering the total experience. Book ahead and come early to have best chance of water's edge table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oilyMarcyDined on 7/9/2014unfortunately, they cook fish very oily. The cesar salad was very poor, no taste to it and very plainly presented.Special Features:
- disappointingeat2liveDined on 1/9/2014Revisited this restaurant last night after 5 years. I believe it has changed hands since we last went. On a positive note, service was very friendly and the look and feel of the restaurant was good too. Menu read lovely. Good wine list and the wine we chose was superb. However my lobster parpedielle was shy of lobster and the sauce was heavy with pasta becoming dry as it soaked up the extra heavy sauce. I would not have been so disappointed if I had been served this at a friend's house or at a high street café as it was okay, but at a restaurant of Summerhouse's apparent standard with prices too match, it was a disappointment. My partner chose the special of sea bream which as he states 'was tasteless except for the tomato cream.'Special Features:
- Great place, good atmospherefreddyVIPDined on 31/8/2014This is a great little place for lunch/dinner in the summer months. The atmosphere here was very relaxed on a sunday afternoon and the menu fresh, simple and food is good quality. The waiters are very helpful in explaining the dishes and attentive in keeping drinks etc topped up. Will definitely revisit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014Good service and food Liked the booking system with confirmation before hand and on the day Able to accomodate slight move in booking time which was welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disgusting placemikeDined on 23/8/2014rude, arrogant manager, extremely overpriced restraurant, bad service , horrible food. i would not go there again and not recommend it either.extremly bad value for money.Special Features:
- As always full marks!DinerDined on 22/8/2014The Summer House simply cannot compare! Full marks on all counts!! Keep it up:-)))Special Features:
- The SummerhouseIKMSMH1Dined on 21/8/2014Enjoyable venue for a celebratory lunch. Pleasant surroundings with good service and a fitting menu, of summer salads, fresh fish courses and pleasures for meat eaters and veggies alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunch at The SummerhouseGreedy1Dined on 16/8/2014The Summerhouse is a nice venue and we were lucky enough to get a canal side table on a sunny day. Food menu was fairly limited - mainly seafood. I wanted to try the Clam chowder but sadly it wasn't on the menu that day. Food was tasty - I went for the catch of the day which was scallops. The fish and chips were also very good. Overall, a charming restaurant to visit and I would definitely like to go again and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRodrigoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Once again, we had a great time. This place combines great food and beautiful views.Special Features:
- BeakyDined on 3/8/2014Good fish and seafood, nice place for Sunday lunch and walk along the canal afterwardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canal side diningmmmmmmDined on 1/8/2014Post-work, pre-theatre dinner at the Summerhouse. Food was lovely, the service was excellent and the ambience was everything you'd hope a sunny day by the Warwick Avenue's canals would be. Only complaint was during the pre-dinner drinks, there was a constant and pungent lavatory smell that kept floating by. Other than that- great.Special Features:
- Good overallSAFADined on 28/7/2014Dined two weeks prior with a friend, first visit; both had the full 3 courses a la carte, couldn't fault it. Returned 2 weeks later, food was very good but not excellent like before. Had I left a review after first time dining there it would have been five stars all the way. I would recommend nevertheless, even with a slight drop in standards it was very good. First time round the seafood sharing platter was delicious including the best calamari either of us has tasted in London. Main course fish dishes excellent both times.Great atmosphere & on the second visit the restaurant accommodated our request for canal side table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family partywizzkidDined on 26/7/2014Fantastic venue and ambience for a summers day. Lovely menu with plenty of light dishes. Giant risotto balls much enjoyed. Service efficient in a busy venue. We love the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost LA experiencePinappleannDined on 25/7/2014The charm of the Summerhouse is that it is right beside the canal and has an LA feel about it….The decor is modern and nautical and its usually busy with a cheerful ambiance. The food is fine although I found the salad somewhat limp and the dressing somewhat tasteless. The service is dozy depending on who you get…..don"t go if you are in a hurry. It could be a superb restaurant of its kind, a unique setting and on paper an excellent menu.Special Features:
- bowerDined on 23/7/2014We had another great meal at the Summerhouse on Wednesday evening. Again we brought someone new who was just amazed by the setting and couldn't believe they hadn't heard about it before. Lovely weather, great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceAJSLJDined on 20/7/2014We had a good table for dinner next to the canal. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. The food was fine but the vegetarian options were very limited.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedCY123VIPDined on 20/7/2014Fabulous location right on the canal. We went on a very sunny day and they had the side open which was lovely. The food was good but we left hungry - only brunch had been available (for a 12pm booking on a Sunday) and the portions were extremely small. I'd go back but make sure the full lunch menu was available!Special Features:
- CanalsideAmberDined on 20/7/2014The location of this restaurant is right by the canal. We requested a canalside table and were pleased to get it, although a lot of the canalside tables were empty anyway. I was slightly disappointed with the outlook of the restaurant - although you are right by the canal, it is not a pretty part and there are other restaurants nearby which would have better views. The service was very good. We had the Sunday brunch which was a very limited menu only five options - the usual eggs and panacakes etc. I wouldn't go back for the brunch just because of the limited range of options to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well looked afterMacdonaldDined on 19/7/2014My first trip here. Walked past many times. Took some American friends who'd been living in London for many years. Perhaps it was the unusually hot weather, but there is a sense of otherness here which is beguiling. This is helped by a great menu which sticks to its summery remit. Sea bass extraordinarily juicy and so fresh, almost convinced it was plucked from the adjacent lifeless canal. All agreed it was like finding a rare plant blossoming in a corner of your own garden. Service friendly and faultless, attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely settingKickiDined on 19/7/2014by the canal in Maida Vale, food was delicious and the perfect place to have brunch.Special Features:
- Loved it!robnsuzyDined on 18/7/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant, we booked thorough open table, we were given a fantastic table in the restaurant, the service was good, food was lovely. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely vibeDiGaVIPDined on 18/7/2014Great place to sit and have cocktails and food on a hot summer evening.Special Features:
- Early evening business dinnerSuzyQDined on 14/7/2014A perfect venue for an early evening business dinner quiet with the passing of canal boats to entertain - the weather helped but the food was excellent and it has an informal atmosphere which was just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.