The Swan West Malling
35 Swan Street
Kent, ME19 6JUNeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
The Swan West Malling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theswanwestmalling.co.uk/
- Phone: 01732521910
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday
10am - 12.30am (last kitchen order at 10pm)
12pm - 10.30pm (last kitchen order at 7.30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Scott Goss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Event Management Away From The Swan Our dedicated events team of over 50 full time staff, headed by our experienced events manager and head chef, personally oversee the preparations for each event, whether it's a private party, wedding or large corporate event. Swan About is experienced in co-ordinating large events, with regular clients including leading personalities in the fashion, sport, media and business world. With close links to an eclectic variety of venues, Swan About can act as a venue finder as part of our bespoke service. For more information, please contact Karen Gronow
A word from The Swan West Malling
For decadent dining this super-slick restaurant on Swan Street is set inside a refurbished 15th century coaching inn, and its chic interior and the kitchen's critically-acclaimed modern British menu have already earned two AA rosettes and a Michelin listing. The Swan has already gained a loyal following with local gourmands, and foodies from further afield go gaga for the Philippe Starck furniture, chunky oak and zinc tables - and dishes such as the cheese-baked figs in a fennel and hazelnut dressing and the British seafood platter. The Swan has an excellent boutique wine list, and is a perfect spot for alfresco lunches, discreet business dining and romantic tables for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Swan West Malling - Best restaurants in West Malling ›
The Swan West Malling reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since 19 May 2014
special occasions (99)fit for foodies (67)romance (56)business meals (52)sunday lunch (51)brunch (46)outdoor eating (40)group bookings (32)afternoon tea (13)child friendly (11)good vegetarian options (11)outstanding value (6)disabled access (4)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- WDJRUSKInDined on 13/9/2014Food seems to a gone up a notch or two since my last visit ......very nice.
- Over priced perhapsmaximusbiggusDined on 12/9/2014Service was v.good and above average. Food was bought to us in a respectable 20 mins or so. The food was presented very nicely and was as good as it looked. This isn't the place to go if you like big portion sizes but if you like high quality Gordon bleu top nosh then it ticks the box. The only gripe I had being the cost, I don't mind paying good money for good food but realistically I thought it was somewhat over priced, its not Notting Hill or Chelsea after all where you can get similar for the same money, sometimes less. And then 12.5% service charge is added rather than allowing you to make your own mind up and tip accordingly. In summary; Good food, good service, a little over priced and lousy parking.Special Features:
- CarmanDined on 11/9/2014Dinner at The swan in West Malling. Good quality food, well presented and friendly service, although occasionally slow. Fairly expensive considering the location. Have been there several times and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in West MallingMisterdishyDined on 9/9/2014The Swan is easily the best restaurant in West Malling for fine food and ambiance. Very happy to recommend for both business and personal dining events.Special Features:
- Friends that brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/20149 friends got together for a breakfast brunch . All meals came out at the same time, it was hot and well presented. The food itself was lovely and the service was great. We had a really good relaxed time greatly assisted by friendly atmosphere and good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumcious FoodacjingleDined on 6/9/2014Saturday evening, four friends, bubbly atmosphere and truly fantastic food. Had yet another great evening in The Swan, West Malling. Attentive, friendly and professional service as per usual. Although I state disabled access, the entrance is flat, but if you are eating outside there is a step to negotiate to eat or drink in the rear garden.Special Features:
- excellentfiremannickDined on 5/9/2014from start to finish the whole thing was fantastic, excellent food out stand waiters, attention to every detail,,have now been to The Swan twice and will definatley be going back again and againSpecial Features:
- A good mealYumyumDined on 3/9/2014Took a couple of friends here for lunch and had the set menu. This still provided a good selection and what we ordered was presented well and was very tasty. The service is good and attentive and the place had a nice relaxed atmosphere. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- OutstandingTreesDined on 25/8/2014Our first visit recommended by a friend, amazing and would definitely return. Service second to none. Food great quality and staff including the manager down to the bar staff were all extremely welcoming and friendly.Special Features:
- excellent servicebeeneatingDined on 10/8/2014Can't complain - we noted trip Advisor comments, but pressed on in any case one of us has eaten here three times and continues to be impressed for the other two it was a first appearance. The service on an early Sunday evening was appropriately attentive. Decent variety of starters with interesting flavours. The Gazpacho could have been more macho portion wise... We all had excellent roast beef and were too full for deserts. Bread and water on the table, just as it should be. Parking was a minor issue - allowed us to walk down the dinner!Special Features:
- Almost thereKentyDined on 2/8/2014Friendly service, good outside eating area and good value. Super sized pancakes which were delicious but needed to be much more generous with the blueberries & strawberries. I had about 6 on my plate!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyJC77Dined on 2/8/2014The swan is consistently good-good, service and atmosphere excellent as ever...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemFood4meDined on 27/7/2014This restaurant has got it just right. Relaxed and informal, but everything oozes quality. We had a table in the courtyard and the atmosphere was great, feeling somewhat continental. We had Sunday brunch, full English and cooked to perfection. Coupled with two extra tasty freshly squeezed grapefruit, orange, lemon & lime juices, such a great way to spend a Sunday morning. The staff are so attentive without being imposing. We are now hooked and will be regulars on a Sunday morning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!Kmo24Dined on 27/7/2014Amazing food, staff and venue!! Definitely be making another visit in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lively atmosphere.DeeDeeDined on 26/7/2014We haven't been to The Swan for almost a year but it still remains one of our local favourites. Service was friendly, polite and efficient - no pressure for us to vacate our table for the next sitting either. Dinner menu was varied, although we found the choice of staters a little disappointing. The daily special was amazing - good portion size too. We left the restaurant feeling satisfied in terms of quantity and quality. Prices a touch on the high side, but not eye-wateringly so. Overall; good value.Special Features:
- Slightly dissappointedjlovetoeatoutDined on 12/7/2014Starters options were too fishy, need some other choices. Bottle of wine was kept in ice bucket away from the table and had an empty glass for a long time. Ordered a drink from the bar and it took so long I had to ask if it had been ordered. Food was very good but quite expensive and it does annoy me when they add 12.5% service charge. We were only a table of 2 and service charge should be optional.Special Features:
- Best Brunch!LangersDined on 12/7/2014Amazing food, great juices and smoothies too - a real weekend treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Malling anyone?FredDined on 10/7/2014Innovative menu with food to remember for the right reasons - will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at The SwanDebbieDined on 10/7/2014As always everything was excellent for lunch at the Swan.Special Features:
- TheDarkDudeDined on 7/7/2014Met the high expectations expected of this well regarded reataurant.Special Features:
- A venue for a special occasionPAWSDined on 5/7/2014Saturday lunch. Good food, wine and service. Very nice once in a while. Have yet to try the restaurant in the evening, but will do soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swan, west mailing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2014Lovely restaurant. Very friendly attentive staff. Good choices on the menu. Can definitely recommend. A bit on the expensive side but lovely for a special occasion.Special Features:
- snippyDined on 28/6/2014Enjoyed a catchup breakfast with my girlfriends which spilled into lunch time! And the best thing was we wasn't hurried off the table by the staff. Deffinitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter loved it!AnnielizDined on 27/6/2014Nice venue, attentative staff, food not bad, drinks a tad expensive. On the whole she would return!Special Features:
- Portions Too SamllDaveDined on 21/6/2014The ambience and service was very good. The food tasted good but the portions of cod for the main course were disappointingly small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Year Anniversary MealTheGamingGeniusDined on 18/6/2014I knew that this meal was not going to be cheap but as it was a special occasion for us I wanted to take my wife somewhere nice where I could guarantee good food/wine and service. We both enjoyed the experience (maybe slightly too loud where our table was) and would recommend the restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner for twoDinnerDateDined on 4/6/2014I recently went to The Swan for a romantic dinner and from the moment that I entered, I knew that I had chosen the restaurant correctly. We were greeted and taken to our table and were treated with total respect. Everyone serving knew their role, from pouring water to bringing bread, drinks and the food courses. The food was exceptional; the manners of the waiters even better. I would totally recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Fabulous DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2014On Monday 2nd June my husband and I made in impromptu visit to one of our favourite restaurants to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and had the most fabulous meal we have had for ages. I had the scallop and ham hock starter which was sublime and then we shared the rib of beef which was so tasty - with the lovely atmosphere and the fabulous staff - the evening was perfect - thank you to The Swan West MallingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh Dear!JamesPDined on 31/5/2014One thing is for sure, The Swan in West Malling needs some competition as I feel they are resting on their laurels! The table placement was awful, stuck up against a pillar on a tiny table for two where if you moved too quickly you could have quite easily knocked everything onto the floor. Ordered the Beef Wellington which arrived within a minute and that should have raised the eyebrows from the start. It was lukewarm and the pastry clearly not cooked properly. What made it worse was the fact that it was described to us as they way it should be and it was a house favourite!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner at The Swan.DjNew71Dined on 24/5/2014Booking the table at the swan through 'open table' was simple enough. I was updated about my reservation the day before, which was good. The whole experience at the restaurant was brilliant. I can't recommend it enough! Thank you to all at the Swan restaurant in West Malling for all your efforts. Please keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedJonnDined on 22/5/2014A Restuarant dining out on a old reputation for high end food, high end prices but not high end food any more.
- Good food, service okADIMDined on 20/5/2014The food here is good, the restaurant is well laid out, you're never too close to the next table & the service is okay. I would go again.Special Features:
- Lovley lazy lunchFoodiechick44Dined on 19/5/2014A wonderful easy day shared with friends. Food excellent as always but I was disappointed no fish and chips on the menu as that was what I was hoping to eat!!! Had the salmon and was good. And the chips were heavenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SwaneatingoutDined on 17/5/2014Wow what an excellent place! outstanding look and design very impressed. Service was excellent, food was superb couldn't fault the place and the staff, excellent service and made you feel welcome and they looked after you. What more can you ask for.Special Features:
- Special birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 14/5/2014Excellent service and quality of food, would certainly return. Price a little on the high side but lovely meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding - as usualZozohollyDined on 11/5/2014I am always delighted with the service, quality and value for money at The Swan Already looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the small things countjemmaDined on 11/5/2014Great food, but sadly let down by a simple thing of getting a cappuccino right. I had to send it back twice as it was just a milky coffee with chocolate on top. I spoke to a man that looked to be in charge and said what was wrong. He was very defensive and made it into ahuge thing. Quite embarrassing really to my friend and I. It was not dealt with well. I work very closely with people and the worse thing you can do is alienate the customer. The customer is always right even if you feel otherwise you shouldn't voice this. About half an hour later he did bring over some complimentary drinks which was lovely, but should have been brought over sooner. I think barista training is a must if you want to be a 5 star establishment selling coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work dinnerShellbellDined on 7/5/2014Really great service and food. Mid-week meal and was enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 17/4/2014Fantastic food. But we asked for a secluded table for our 1st wedding anniversary and was placed inbetween two loud groups. The young waitress was very moody. Shame as was a special occasion and we weren't made to feel like it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd timeDartfordDinersDined on 5/4/2014Second time we've been to The Swan. As before the food was worth the journey - all well cooked, lots of choice on the menu. Not the cheapest place you'll go to eat, but I guess you get what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.