The Three Blackbirds
36 Ditton Green
Suffolk, CB8 9SQNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
The Three Blackbirds
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thethreeblackbirdswoodditton.co.uk/
- Phone: 01638731100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 7am to 9pm Tuesday to Friday: 12pm - 3pm and 6.30pm - 9.45pm Saturday: 12pm - 3pm and 6.30pm - 10pm Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from The Three Blackbirds
Just a couple of miles outside of Newmarket, Woodditton’s The Three Blackbirds pub-restaurant boasts glorious 17th century surroundings alongside fantastic real ales and great local food. With low beamed ceilings, scrubbed wood floors and open fireplaces, The Three Blackbirds has everything you’d hope for from a proper country pub but has been given an elegant facelift to keep things fresh and modern too. The menu constantly changes to reflect the seasons and present guests with the latest ideas fresh from the kitchen, The Three Blackbirds’ chefs experimenting with locally sourced, fresh produce bought from the best small scale suppliers in the area. At the bar and on the wine list, you’ll discover a wide selection of carefully sourced drinks ranging from organic juices to international brand beers and wines with the pub’s celebrated real ales on regular rotation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Three Blackbirds - Best restaurants in Newmarket ›
The Three Blackbirds reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since 4 June 2014
romance (1)fit for foodies (1)brunch (1)sunday lunch (1)Show More
- Not quite. Gastro pubnillyDined on 10/3/2013The blackbird is a nice looking venue with all the trendy features: nice ambience, mismatched plates, little nooks and crannies but unfortunately the food just doesn't fit the picture. We went for Mother's Day lunch. Service was great and champagne was offered to mothers. A nice touch. However both the roast beef and the roast lamb were seriously over cooked and tough. A shame as all ingredients were local and fresh. They need to improve this to justify the prices.
- Everything fantastic, butGregDined on 19/10/2012Everything fantastic, but despite 2 confirmation e-mails from top table you had not let the restaurant know and we had no table booked, will go direct in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appoinmentsbonnie20Dined on 12/7/2012pub was very good, but top table did not tell them i was coming thatv eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Blackbirds WooddittonXxlovefoodxXDined on 8/6/2012You must try the three Blackbirds. Its just a short distance from my work in Newmarket. I arrived early and had a drink in the bar with the friendly locals while I waited for my girlfriend to arrive. Then when she arrived we went through to be seated in the restaurant. The waiter was helpful and friendly. I ordered muscles as a starter,then pigs cheeks for my main they were fantastic. My girlfriend had, fish and chips then, Cambridge burnt cream. We had a bottle of wine with are dinner and then coffees. All of this arrived with welcoming smile Our experience at the three Blackbirds was 5 star all the way. Good food,great service, all in a friendly pub. I highly recommend you visit the three blackbirds txSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an excellent EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2012We had an excellent Easter Sunday lunch. Food was hot and good with excellent service. Waitresses charming.Special Features:
- It waant bad and i qould recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2012It waant bad and i qould recommend if your in the area or no where else to go. the food was good and came quickly but nothi g that you couldnt get at must pubs.