Tunbridge Wells, TN3 8EUNeighbourhood:
Gastro PubPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thevineyardlamberhurst.com/
- Phone: 01892890222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and dinner:
Daily: 11.30 am - 11.00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View
A word from The Vineyard
Neighboured by the historic Lamberhurst vineyards in the rolling Kent countryside, The Vineyard pub and restaurant is a 14th century inn given a new lease of life. Refurbished to a high standard, The Vineyard has a rustic, laid back look created using sturdy, light wood furniture and unique features such as the large bespoke mural – a real link to The Vineyard’s surroundings, telling the story of wine-making. Outside you’ll discover a large garden ideal for that refreshing summer pint picked from the bar’s wide selection of ales or a family lunch on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Traditional English cuisine and regional French brasserie style fare are featured on The Vineyard’s well thought out menu on which local and regional ingredients feature strongly. Of course wine is very much central to The Vineyard and the wine list reflects that in its range of well-known old and new world and boutique British labels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerChild Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Eating
The Vineyard - Best restaurants in Tunbridge Wells ›
The Vineyard reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since 22 October 2013
special occasions (44)outdoor eating (44)sunday lunch (38)fit for foodies (36)romance (24)group bookings (22)business meals (17)good vegetarian options (12)child friendly (12)brunch (11)afternoon tea (11)outstanding value (7)disabled access (4)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- A good fillburnttiynge1Dined on 18/10/2014Met up with some friends for a birthday meal. Service was good, we did seem to get left a while between courses, which wasn't an issue. Food was fantastic even though I burnt my tongue on my first course! Menu was fantastic and the staff were very polite. Will recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always favouritehp2222Dined on 18/10/2014One my favourite places to take the family for lunch at the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPERRYDined on 10/10/2014Stayed overnight - perfect evening meal, comfortable room and a great breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sjarbDined on 8/9/2014It is good to find a restaurant open on a Monday. Food was good and I had an enjoyable time. Will definitely return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary mealJongDined on 30/8/2014My wife and I visited for dinner on Saturday evening to celebrate our anniversary. As usual, the food was excellent and the service was very good overall. This place is a secret gem and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- superb food attentive serviceyummDined on 25/8/2014Had an outstanding meal Nice venue, attentive staff Superb food - seafood board, 28 day matured sirloin Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the Kent countrysideNixterDined on 8/8/2014The Vineyard is a spacious country pub with character and friendly, efficient service. We really enjoyed our food and liked their varied menu. The summer drinks they had on offer were also welcome. As well as Pimms they had Gin with Elderflower tonic and fresh strawberries - delicious!Special Features:
- gone off moose was just the startzozoDined on 3/8/2014Gone off deserts. Bovril instead of peppercorn sauce. Service with no smile overall a really expensive evening for worse service thsn mcdonalds!Special Features:
- dining pub or restaurant?LRonTTVIPDined on 29/7/2014Meaning to try The Vineyard for a while; went on a Tues eve. Description is "dining pub." I would say the ambience (at least inside) isn't quite relaxed enough for that - it seems a little self-conscious and try-hard in terms of décor etc. Outside may be more relaxed of course. Staff friendly but it was a full 20 minutes before we even had a drinks order arrive, and every time we asked to place our food order we were told there was only one person that could take it. Food once we finally got some was largely good, apart from an unimpressive lamb burger which was dry and overdone. However when mentioned they were instantly apologetic and offered a glass of dessert wine on the house. Outside bar nice touch. May return just to try that.Special Features:
- HawkmanVIPDined on 29/7/2014Very pleasant evening at The Vineyard. We sat indoors, but next to the huge glass doors which were open on a lovely sunny evening. Very good food - the sharing boards (we tried the fish board and the Asian board) were huge and absolutely delicious. Main courses - between the six of us we tried the fish & chips (huge!), lamb burger and grey mullet (from the specials board). All well received. Good value, too - under £30 each for 2 courses, pre-dinner drinks, wine and coffee.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/7/2014Very impressed with the quality of the food, drink and service. Highly recommend and will be a regular stopping point on my trips to the Weald of Kent.Special Features:
- Memorable Vineyard LunchSevenoaksdinerDined on 18/7/2014A lovely venue. We dined there on a beautiful hot summer day. Plenty of outdoor seating, but we chose to be indoors in the beautifully decorated restaurant. Most attentive staff with excellent service together with a lovely meal which was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantStevePDined on 18/7/2014My wife & I went for lunch on the basis that we had been before and enjoyed it. All in all a very pleasant experience once again. The food was good, service friendly & timely and the whole place had a very nice 'feel-good' atmosphere. Will certainly go again.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Fantastic place to visit, food is excellent, staff are attentive. Fingers crossed the weather is good to make use of the garden and terraceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What ever you want...just brilliantGandTrsDined on 6/7/2014The Vineyard offers you real flexibility in choice, but never compromises in quality, service & value. Whether you are looking for three or more courses & spending time over a social meal or even for a quick sharing board or tapas, it is all here. The recent addition of the garden bar & grill are fabulous. When we were there families, walkers, parties & groups were spread around the garden enjoying the chilled drinks & lovely fresh food. The grilled sardines, steaks, koftas & burgers (all served with crunchy chips) were gorgeous. Later we went on one of the many circular walks before returning to eat indoors. As our friends said (it was their first visit) it really is quality restaurant standard food but in a very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillowDined on 5/7/2014The venue is beautiful. Food was amazing especially the steak, this was cooked to perfection. The hot caramel sauce that we had with dessert was homemade and the best I've ever had. We had our main course in the restaurant then had our dessert and coffee in the garden as it was such a beautiful evening. All the staff were really accomadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodnoigelDined on 30/6/2014Eaten at the Vineyard several times over the past couple of years. Food always excellent and the service is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Dog friendlyLolacametooDined on 27/6/2014We were celebrating my mother in laws 83rd birthday. She absolutely loved it as did the rest of the guests. We ate at lunch time on a Friday and very much appreciated the free Pimms...which I might add was full strength! The food choices were good and we couldn't decide what to chose but all the dishes looked delicious and we will be back to try the others! We very much enjoyed the sharing platters for a starter. It was great that we could bring our dog too. The added bonus was the friendly robin who sat on the fence just 2 feet away to serenade us during lunch....ok we know he only wanted the odd crumb or two but he made us go feel special. Plenty of parking. We will be back.Special Features:
- Super supperElsieDined on 18/6/2014Nine of us around a round table which was great, we could all talk, food great, service good . Would recommend for ladies who do supper !Special Features:
- Midweek escapeRenaDined on 17/6/2014On this lovely Tuesday evening we met up with a friend of mine for a small celebratory dinner. As always the Vineyard didn't let us down. We started with some drinks in the nice, relaxing atmosphere, followed by a filling meal of duck liver parfait & steak. We finished with the most divine strawberry cheesecake ever! Also the service was very friendly and welcoming, so we'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- My sons birthdayIndieDined on 12/6/2014We all turned up at different stages so sat outside in the lovely garden until we all appeared. We then sat in the new part of the restaurant that has french doors so we could still enjoy the evening sun. ordered a starter to share - though meant for two it did 4 of us easily. The main courses where all perfectly cooked and presented well. The service was ideal - enough attention but not over kill. We were going to stay for pudding but unfortunately my son, who had just got off the train was suffering so badly with hayfever we had to leave, which was such a shame as the puddings looked very tempting. But we shall return.Special Features:
- LITommyDined on 7/6/2014The food was excellent as was the service. Friendly helpful staff. The only point I would make is that the menu was small and therefore would therefore restrict frequent visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Food fab, as usual. service was bad, hopefully just a one-off!Special Features:
- DisapointedTessyDined on 21/5/2014very disappointing and certainly not up to the usual standard. Just a quick lunch so no time to change anything. Got white bread when asked for brown. Tiny piece of lettuce when menu said 'salad'. Definitely not. Cold chips some soggy. Usually fantastic. Thin slices of white bread no butter or any garnish with cold soup. Waiter did ask if butter was required. Too late. Staff were friendly and attentive. restaurant was quiet which is unusual too. New chef perhaps. Management should do something and quickly. Only as good as their last review.Special Features:
- THE VINEYARDhendyVIPDined on 21/4/2014Had a really lovely lunch on Easter Monday - the place was full and buzzing but it did not detract from an excellent service and quality food - will be returning.
- Nice evening but with flawsBluebellDined on 17/4/2014My friends and I enjoyed our evening but I wouldn't rush back. We shared a fish platter and Spanish ham for starters, main course, shared one plate of cheese between the four of us, 3 bottles of wine, no coffee = £47 per head. Very friendly service although slow at times. My main course was sea bream ( beautifully cooked) with asparagus and prawn risotto. Bland risotto and asparagus virtually raw. The shared cheeses were perfect although Jacobs cream crackers? These cheeses deserved better crackers this!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerMurtronDined on 12/4/2014We had dinner for 3 at a nice table with ample room. The starters were superb, I can recommend the Scallops. The menu is very good, however on this occasion ordered from the specials. Beautifully prepared Sea Bream, Jersey Royals, fresh Asparagus and a Crayfish Beurre Blank. My Lamb Noisettes were tender and the vegetables perfectly cooked. Friendly, helpful service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Evening MealALocalDined on 12/4/2014There were four of us and we had a great evening. The ambiance, the food and the service was excellent. We will be going back.
- An evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. Tried the special cocktails. The prosecco one was very small for the price but the gin an elderflower was delicious. Meal delicious and very well presented but overall a bit on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday fish & chipsFishFace1Dined on 4/4/2014We have pre-booked and were shone into a spacious dining room and were the only ones to be seated. There was a very strong smell of fertiliser from nearby farmland so we asked to be moved, which was fine. The fish and chips looked amazing but the batter was rather heavy and uncooked inside. The fish was fine but I had to remove the batter.Special Features:
- Polite, conscientious service.SusanDined on 23/3/2014Polite, conscientious service. Good menu choice. Enjoyed our meal and will go again.Special Features:
- The Vineyard follows the popularFoodHogDined on 22/3/2014The Vineyard follows the popular shabby-chic style, with mixed furniture and a slight distressed finish to everything. It all works well, giving the place a great feel. The service was excellent - attentive, friendly, happy yo help. And to top it off the food was superb. I had the beef Wellington, from the specials board. My only comment is that you'll find little different from the other pubs in the chain. So nothing really worth travelling to if you've got the Great House or Dirty Habbit nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in Kent VillageKhamsinnDined on 18/3/2014The Vineyard is set in the pretty village of Lamberhurst. The style is classy traditional English. The staff are extremely pleasant and do a good job, although when it is crowded they are at full stretch. I always feel confident taking family or friends there, as we always have great food, and a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent sunday afternoon lunchladywholunchesDined on 9/3/2014My sister emigrated to France and we wanted to give her a good send off. With only 7 days notice we managed to book a table for 16 at the vineyard. They serve food all day on Sunday which was great for us with a 3.30 table booking. The food is imaginative and well cooked. It all comes together - important for a large party - and the staff were very attentive and helpful. The ambience is great - wonderful decor - smart and slightly French chic as is the menu. Part of a very small chain of 4 pubs across Kent and Sussex - they all have high standards and are reliable in their menus and the food served is always delicious. They have a particularly lovely garden and huge terrace all sitting on the side of Lamberhurst vineyard - delightful!Special Features:
- We have been to the vineyardrazzle1dazzleDined on 9/3/2014We have been to the vineyard about a dozen times and it has always been excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is always of a good quality and the ambience is relaxed. We would definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Nice eveningKimberleyDined on 7/3/2014The service we received was faultless. The ambience was lovely. My only criticism would be that the menu was nothing different…it was a bit predictable…but what we did eat was very nice.Special Features:
- I haven't been at The VineyardRenaDined on 3/3/2014I haven't been at The Vineyard for a last few months, and really enjoyed my visit, as always. Staff is very helpful and friendly, lit fireplaces created very romantic atmosphere. The food was very delicious, especially salmon rilette and guinea fowl! Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchRitzyDined on 2/3/2014The pub was lovely, good atmosphere, great food and service - Will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent eveninglouloubellsweetieDined on 20/2/2014Booked at the Vineyard when we saw a travel zoo offer, we love the sister pubs... The Gun and The Great House, wasn't disappointed, the company must choose staff carefully as each one has similar friendly, experienced staff. The Vineyard is quirky with odd tables and chairs, lots of pictures and rooms divided. Tables are close but not over close. Wine list good Menu small but excellent fish,meat and veggie, although veggie is quiet limited Will go back in summer as outside space looks fabSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, friendly service2FK2Dined on 15/2/2014We ate at 7 o'clock on quite a busy Saturday night and we thought the food and service were very good. Good steak, very good guinea fowl. Quite loud but good atmosphere and we didn't feel put off by the noise although the bar area was busy. Would certainly go back.