London, EC4N 5AXNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vintryec4.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072809610x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Vintry
Well known as one of the City of London’s favourite restaurants and wine bars, The Vintry is the ideal combination old and new. The intention of The Vintry is made clear from the very moment one steps inside – the décor is an unobtrusive mix of the traditional city boy bar, all dark wood and comfort, and the very modern trend for all things reclaimed and vintage styled with oversized light fittings, mix and match mirrors and judicial use of wine crates as decorative items. Equally, The Vintry’s menu is a simple juxtaposition of old and new, hearty and healthy, British and worldwide. It goes without saying, of course, that the wine list is absolutely superb with more than 100 labels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Vintry reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since 3 June 2014
business meals (21)group bookings (11)brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)disabled access (2)child friendly (2)special occasions (2)outstanding value (1)sunday lunch (1)pre/post theatre (1)good vegetarian options (1)romance (1)Show More
- Good but disappointing dessertMarieLaureDined on 29/8/2014We went to the Vintry as a group of friends to have a nice catch-up. The wine was really good and we enjoyed the nibbles and excellent main courses (the raviolis!!) However, the dessert was really disappointing! We ordered the "pear and fig reverse crumble with ice cream". When it arrived we were a bit shocked: the ice cream had been forgotten in the kitchen and it just looked like a pear had fallen from its tree onto the figs splashing their juice everywhere. As for the "crumble", it was made of dry and tasteless biscuits... If I ever come back to the Vintry, I'll skip dessert and have it at home.
- Really good experienceiandd62Dined on 26/8/2014We went on recommendation as we were staying close by. The ease of booking online was impressive, and the friendly but efficient service together with the quality of the food and the range of beers and wines ensured we had a very good meal overall. We hope to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a business lunchLoulouDined on 31/7/2014The Vintry is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the City and set in the lovely Abchurch Yard. The menu is very varied and offers some lovely light lunch options, as well as the normal big meals for those with bigger bellies. The service is great and the fact that it offers a bar standing area inside and out makes it perfectly adaptable. I would recommend the lemon butter pasta, just amazing.Special Features:
- Nice but loudloftyDined on 17/7/2014The place and food were both ok the major problem was it was very loud and echoed this meant it was hard to talk to each other without shouting. Defiantly more a pub than restaurant on my experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchGastronomicaVIPDined on 1/7/2014Good pub for a slightly more upscale lunch, prices and choices on offer were fine. Nice setting, thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good for businessJasonDined on 5/6/2014I've had lunch here and plenty of after work drinks. Great venue but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at the Vintryjpr1978Dined on 3/6/2014Had a work lunch here. Good service, very good food. Felt it was slightly expensive. Would recommend overall though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice atmosphereNiknakVIPDined on 22/5/2014Had lunch here with girls from work, food was very good. They were quite busy so service was a little slow but very pleasant staffSpecial Features:
- Good catch up at the Vintryjpr1978Dined on 16/5/2014Caught up with an old friend for lunch and wanted to try somewhere we hadn't been to and thought the Vintry looked good. They were busy but overall service was good, food was very tasty and the venue seemed really smart. Would recommend it.Special Features:
- Decent food, good serviceNormskiVIPDined on 13/5/2014The menu is pretty much akin to pub food but with higher prices. Some dishes rise above this, but not many. It's local for lunch so I go occasionally, but I don't tend to rush back.
- good mealmartinLDined on 14/4/2014enjoyed the food and service would go again , good value for money for citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meet upBubuFoodiesVIPDined on 2/4/2014Helpful waitress , nice size of food ,we went on wed so wasn't lots ppl there so great place to have drink & also girly chat up dinner . Will sure go again if in that area .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue with good serviceLuckyTimVIPDined on 17/3/2014Whilst it's hidden away, this is certainly a venue that's worth finding. The menu is seasonal but with a good set of options so should cater for most tastes. The only thing that's missing is a salad option but there are still plenty of healthy choices. Nice decor and plenty of room between tables so you can have a good chat without feeling everyone can hear you. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Lunch with the girlsSmurfDined on 27/2/2014Have a fabulous lunch with the girls from work here. We were short on time and so the waiter knew we were on a tight timescale. The food was delivered quickly and was of high quality. He also recommended a couple of bottles of wine - which were very good too.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedKateVIPDined on 21/2/2014I really like The Vintry, even more so since the refurb'. Sadly though last Friday I ordered my favorite, fish & chips, but it wasn't so great. It was a bit wet & soggy, perhaps it just hadn't been cooked for long enough. I didn't complain at the time as my guest was in a hurry. But yes sadly not as a good as usual. Having said that the guy that served is is so great Really attentive, always smiling. It won't stop me going back as I have never had a problem before.Special Features:
- Very friendly and helpfulFizzyFrogVIPDined on 30/1/2014Very friendly and helpful staff, and delicious food. On a busy Thursday evening, was grateful that the dining area is separate to the bar as it's very noisy in there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not great this timeNormskiVIPDined on 16/1/2014I've eaten lunch here a couple of times before and the food has been decent. This time it was dinner and the mushy peas in one dish were more like soup, while the potatoes in the other were raw. They handled it OK by giving us a glass of wine each, but it would have been better if the food had been cooked properly. The bar is busy in the evenings and the noise level was really high, so if you want to have a conversation, ask for a table in the the small quieter section off the main restaurant and bar area.
- Really delcious food and excellentfimaccaDined on 15/1/2014Really delcious food and excellent service from our waitress, would definately go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The VintryChirsGVIPDined on 25/11/2013I like the new decor and I like the food. Not cheap though. They dont sell Coke either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchJoeBDined on 20/11/2013Nicely refurbished and not too crowded. Food was well prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- The VintryChirsGVIPDined on 13/11/2013I havent been since they refurbished it, and it looks good. Decent food as ever. They sold me a pepsi when I ordered a coke, but thats life ! Would and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice & LocalKateVIPDined on 18/10/2013I use The newly refreshed Vintry as it is the closets pub to my office. The refurb is fantastic - light, airy and feels more spacious. The food has always been good although I did think my fish (from the fish & chips) was slightly under done this time. The other thing I would comment on is the speed in which it takes the drinks to reach the table. On three separate occasions I have recently visited, taken a seat, ordered drinks then waited 15-20 minutes for them to be delivered. I'd have been quicker going to the bar. Having said that this tiny moan does not put me off going there at all and it is still a great city based pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub GrubSimonMVIPDined on 9/10/2013Since the refit it's a bit posher in it's look, food is pretty good, and it's a place to meet mates for a beer and some decent pub grub, or business meets with business mates for the same. Perfectly acceptableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 374 reviews are from the The Vintry reviews archive.
- Next time go to Coq D'Argent!JaneGDined on 24/9/2013We went to the Vintry - it was overpriced and service was terrible - it took 30 minutes for the first course order to be taken, another 30 minutes for food to arrive,then another 30 minutes to be asked if we wanted dessert or cheese, then bill never arrived even after I asked for it - had to go to the bar. will not go back
- Consistent with the service,StevieDined on 19/6/2013Consistent with the service, food good, the steak was nice but have had better. My Associates had the fish and they pretty much said the same thing. In general this place is good for a business lunch with colleagues or Associates and is good value for money so you can't go wrong. If you really want to impress then I would suggest somewhere else.Special Features:
- The wine experience wasn'tAnnaWattiDined on 3/6/2013The wine experience wasn't too good. Good advice however the serving wasn't optimal. Once opening a new bottle of wine it's expected that the person who ordered can at least taste. I had to stop the waitress and request her to allow me to taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAStevieDined on 2/5/2013Been here a good few times for busniess lunches and is usuallay always consistent. Today wasn't their best day. Had to wait far too long for the food and desert, the food wasnt very warm when ti came out and my steak was over cooked. Despite this setback I would still visit it again as I consider this to be a one off.Special Features:
- Good for a work lunch in the citySairaDined on 11/4/2013Good food in a relaxed pub environment. Service could have been quicker but it came with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Lunch - Quick turnaroundgwsbrown81Dined on 4/4/2013Used for business lunch and they looked after us in around 45mins - 1hr. Will use againSpecial Features:
- The VintryDaveVIPDined on 8/3/2013Good for lunch in the week. Standard menu but decent quality. Service could have been better on the day I visited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmospherelondongoodtimesDined on 28/2/2013We went for dinner, the food was good, place was nice, good atmosphere but would recommend it for lunch rather than dinner. Because the place was full of People for after work drinks, and because of this Service was poor, staff were running around hard to get their attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for after workfoodieDined on 21/2/2013easy to get to, quiet eating area and good lively barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchBiffaVIPDined on 16/1/2013Food as expected for price - reasonable value. Ok for business lunchSpecial Features:
- Been here a good few timesStevieDined on 13/12/2012Been here a good few times so I know what to expect. I tried the sea bass with prawns this time round and it was cooked to perfection, dissapointed that it came with just one prawn though. Judging by everyones empty plates all my colleagues enjoyed it too. Good value and consistent. I would recoomend this place for a business lunch. Decent wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly OKSimonMVIPDined on 5/11/2012It's a pub that does grub. Can't compain about the food or the service. Does what it says on the tin and is perfectly acceptable for steak and a pint with your matesSpecial Features:
- I've been to The Vintry aStevieDined on 28/9/2012I've been to The Vintry a number of times. Unfortunately this wasn't the best experience. Whilst the service was excellent the steak was too chewy and the portion of fries was too small. Also when ordering the cheese board we were told that we could only select 4 out of a possible 8. Iwe had no idea why and no full explanation. It may have been a one off but not impressed this time round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a City catch-upLocalDinerVIPDined on 12/9/2012I met with some former colleagues at The Vintry, Bank London for a catch-up after work. The Vintry is really busy and noisy, but fortunately we had booked a table and were seated slightly away from the main area. The menu has something for everyone and the wine choice great. The service was good. I would go back for after-work catch-ups.Special Features:
- The VintryChirsGVIPDined on 14/8/2012Much more than a pub with great food in the City. Not cheap but it's worth it. Good choise of steak adn seafood too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food&drinksPROSECODined on 8/8/2012Right in the middle of the City of London an excellent restaurant & bar with very good food and great choice of wines and beers. We were there for a business diner with a group of 10 persons and service was very good with value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lunch In the CityIncognitoVIPDined on 27/7/2012Love this place. Go often. Makes a change from overpriced stuffy resturants in the City.I would recommend this to a friend.