Theo Randall at the InterContinental
1 Hamilton Place
London, W1J 7QYNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £41 and over
Theo Randall at the InterContinental
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theorandall.com/
- Phone: 020 7318 8747
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 9pm, 6pm - 11pm
Saturday: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Theo Randall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining at Theo Randall at the InterContinental offers a variety of options for events, large groups or intimate dinners. The Private Dining Room holds up to 25 people, with semi-private options for up to 55 people and whole-restaurant hire for up to 180 people. Set menus start from £50 per person, alternatively, if you have specific requirements Theo can create a customised menu for you using the freshest seasonal produce.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Wrazen 02073188747
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Theo Randall at the InterContinental. Visit theorandall.com for more information. Should you have any specific requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you. Theo Randall at the InterContinental
A word from Theo Randall at the InterContinental
Theo Randall at the InterContinental has been firmly established on the London dining scene since opening in 2006. Acclaimed Chef Theo Randall (former partner at the River Café) creates award-winning rustic Italian dishes with the very best seasonal ingredients that continue to attract rave reviews. The restaurant is proudly informal and unpretentious, with back-to-basics menu highlights including handmade pasta and wood roasted meat and fish, which in Theo's words is, "A million miles away from the complicated fancy fare you would normally expect to eat in Park Lane". Since its launch, Theo Randall at the InterContinental has won numerous awards including Best Italian Restaurant of The Year from the London Restaurant Awards, Best Italian/ Mediterranean over £50 in Harden’s 2013, and the highest ranked Italian on the Sunday Times Food List 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Theo Randall at the InterContinental - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Theo Randall at the InterContinental reviews from OpenTable diners
328 reviews since 25 November 2013
special occasions (194)fit for foodies (155)business meals (137)romance (109)pre/post theatre (59)outstanding value (56)good vegetarian options (48)group bookings (39)sunday lunch (27)child friendly (15)disabled access (13)brunch (12)afternoon tea (6)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Fine evening outmcyoungDined on 20/11/2014Had a really nice time here. Got the £33 for 3 courses with a glass of prosseco deal and it provides excellent value for money. Wine is a bit pricey but you can if that worries you then just have a glass or stick to water. All the food me and my partner had was lovely the pumpkin ravioli was the stand out dish for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014Booked this restaurant earlier that day after making hotel reservation, and wow what a meal !! food and service fantastic , and very impressed that Theo took time to speak to us and other guests even telling me how to cook his lobster tagliatelle,,, Brilliant Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightHelSchuDined on 15/11/2014Dinner at Theo Randall's was a treat from beginning to end. From the moment our coats were taken to the moment we left the restaurant at the end of the meal the experience was outstanding. We had cocktails at the bar, which were really, really good. We had the tasting menu with wine - 5 courses with 7 wines - the waiters and the sommelier were excellent. Each glass of wine was accompanied with a story from the sommelier. The food was memorable - I particularly liked the pasta, the lemon tart and the cheese. The highlight of the evening was meeting Theo Randall - a thoroughly nice man. I would love to have dinner at this restaurant again - a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJulesVIPDined on 13/11/2014Best seafood risotto ever and stunning Amarone. Great Prosecco too. The chicken dish seemed a little on the dry side. The decor seemed a little tired but otherwise a lovely evening, great value as we eat off the promotional menu, with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedDelusaDined on 12/11/2014Having heard this was supposed to be one of the best Italian restaurants in London we were extraordinarily disappointed. Living in the Italian part of Switzerland, I was already suspicious of the menu - far too many ingredients per dish. Good italian food is simple. This was not. Having eaten in a Michelin star in Piedmont just last weekend there was just no comparison. And worst of all was the sommelier. Only interested in pushing high priced wines and completely disinterested when my husband expressed surprise at the quality of he wine recommended. Overall an experience not to be repeated.
- 21st Birthday at Theo RandallNewForestFoodiesDined on 8/11/2014We had the 5 course taster menu and matching wines. The food was excellent, the meal just right on quantity and the flavours divine. The matching wines were also extremely good and an eye opening tour of Italian wines breadth and qualities. Service was well paced and friendly, effort made for daughters 21st birthday to make it memorable and an excellent evening. The location rules out bargains but we felt it was worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for great foodDantedogDined on 7/11/2014We ate the set menu of 3 course for £33 with a free glass of prosecco, it was great value and I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Service is very efficient yet unobtusive and never made you feel awkward for having the "cheaper" option or not ordering wine. All dishes were really good but the beef cheeks and seafood risotto really stood outSpecial Features:
- Fine Italian DiningRoryDined on 5/11/2014Had an wonderful meal. My wife and I were catching up with a friend visiting from Canada and we wanted to give him a night to remember and we were not disappointed. We chose to go with the tasting menu with accompanying wine selection. Five courses with 7 superb wines - this was cooking at its best. The food and wine complemented each other superbly. The service was excellent being attentive without swamping us. The pace of the meal was ideal and 3 hours had passed before we even knew it. It is not cheap but I felt it was worth every penny and we will be back.Special Features:
- Let down by servicelindseyfDined on 3/11/2014We booked a special meal here because it had impressed us before (last time, the chef came over; the whole experience was just wonderful). The set menu is still good value; the prosecco was nice, as was the signed cookbook. There was some confusion about the dessert platter, even though I had been assured over the phone that it would be included. Food was all tasty - esp seafood risotto and the tagliatelli, However, service was a real let-down. We were ignored for half an hour after sitting down (no water, no wine list, no bread - no eye contact, actually!) and had to get up to find a server. After that, service was slow, too. (Lots of time between courses, just generally kind of sloppy.) What a shame! Not sure we'd go back, based on that.Special Features:
- DavidBVIPDined on 31/10/2014The offer menu brings Michelin cooking within reasonable price range and you will not feel fobbed off with a limited choice or small plate sizes.Special Features:
- We'll be backNelsons1sonDined on 31/10/2014Hard to find anything to criticise about our recent visit to Theo Randall. But if I had to pick out anything for special praise, it would be the service, which is close to unimproveable. Whoever is responsible training the staff deserves a pay rise. The sommelier's advice, steering us away from our initial choice, was spot-on. The food was also superb. We shall certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good set menu40pounddinerDined on 30/10/2014I had the two course set menu with a glass of prosecco for £27 which I thought was very good value; you can also have three courses for £33. There are four courses you can choose from: antipasti, primi (which you can also have as a main course), secondi and desserts. I had the seafood risotto (a primi) as a main dish followed by Amalfi lemon tart. The risotto was excellent and the tart was very good. The wine is quite expensive and the ambience is not great - what you might expect from a hotel and the service was OK but nothing special. However I would come again because of the quality of the food.Special Features:
- very good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 24/10/2014Wie were visiting Theo Randall for enjoying the set menu. The menu was very good and the service was also of high standard.
- Excellent As AlwaysOddieDined on 24/10/2014This is one of the most consistent restaurants out there! The food is always on point and so is the service...absolutely no complaints. Excellent value to be had on the set menus; 2 course for £27 or 3 courses for £33 (a glass of prosecco is included in both deals)...cant say enough good things about this restaurant - just go!!!Special Features:
- River Cafe in Zone 1chrisdDined on 24/10/2014Cooking where the high quailtyof the ingredients shines thorugh. Simple combinations but experlty done. Friendly, unstuffy service. Wine list good but pricey.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedDiningDivaDined on 23/10/2014I had read good things about Theo Randall at The Intercontinental but I was left slightly disappointed! The food was good not fantastic and the restaurant lacked atmosphere. The wine list was extremely expensive which in my opinion is unnecessary.
- Ladies who lunchLGPaDined on 22/10/2014Pleasant atmosphere, friendly staff,good food. Staff were attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- A special treatOinkDined on 18/10/2014Took my partner for a birthday treat.....nice food and reasonable sized portions for this type of restaurant however a little overpriced which is a shame as would like to be able to go more often. Unless you have one of the special offers without being extravagant you will easily pay at least £200 for two peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsHughDined on 17/10/2014Have been many times to Theo's and as ever it never disappoints. The food has fantastic flavours particularly the pasta and risotto. Service as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theo RandallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 15/10/2014Food excellent. Room - no windows, very corporate. Service fair, tailing off to non-existent by the end of the mealSpecial Features:
- outstanding experience!carly134mangoesDined on 11/10/2014I went for the set menu with glass of processo which was a decent £27 where there was a good range to choose from. The food was delicious! Beautiful flavours and combination. The service was the most attentive I have ever seen and even had theo Randall come out and speak to the customers!! I really did had an wonderful night and would definitely come here again! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively attentive and deliciousfoodanddrinkDined on 11/10/2014Food was very good and service prompt and discreet.Special Features:
- good foodEMS1510Dined on 7/10/2014Food was really good and the only shame was the restaurant was fairly empty and we were placed in a corner table which was a bit disappointing. We were also seated where a bar area was behind us with some loud and clearly drunk group making noise to the extent 3 tables asked to be moved. On the food it was really good and we enjoyed each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.MateraDined on 7/10/2014Very generous portions. I chose from the special offer menu so it was a very good value. I had pumpkin ravioli, guinea fowl and a chocolate cake. All excellent. I will definitely go back. My friend was happy with her crab bruschetta and Amalfi lemon tart. Also worth mentioning that the coffee was very good.Special Features:
- Disappointing overallandyDined on 4/10/2014Restaurant is a large, open and fairly formal space in the Mandarin Oriental- relatively smart but lacking atmosphere. Service was inefficient and impersonal- eg starters arriving before aperitifs and before wine orders had been taken. We went for the £65 tasting menu- it seemed the best option with mains all around the £35 mark. Food was mixed, scallop with grilled vegetables was pleasant and summery and the lobster with linguine and a rich deep tomato sauce was excellent. The steak however was tough and sinewy and served with a large mass of pretty tasteless spinach. Cheese was ok (although came with a hair) and lemon tart was sharp but otherwise forgettable. Despite being over £100pp with wine it never really felt much above ordinary
- luvmyfoodDined on 3/10/2014Food was excellent and the waiting staff were attentive and friendly. The ambience is relaxing and would high recommend the set menu's which are good value for the standard of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantasticLPerrierDined on 30/9/2014I hadn't been to Theo Randall for years, but the food is still top notch. Loved my meal. I'm getting hungry now thinking about it again. The downside is that while the dining room is nice enough, but seems to lack the wow factor and that intangible buzz.Special Features:
- IndiraDined on 30/9/2014Very attentive staff, food well cooked and presented if a little too rich. The special deal still ended up being quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opulent food!Mrmac1Dined on 25/9/2014The food was simply awesome! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend. The wine was a tad pricey, but the cost was negated by the shear quality of the winelist. Superb service - could do with a touch more atmosphere, but that really is splitting hairs! Thank you so much for a truly lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PandJDined on 24/9/2014Crisp, approchable and friendly service, Taster menu and wine selection had successful surprizes. Pasta perfection , beautifully cooked meat , quality and balance of ingredients, Dining room a bit dark hence 4 stars , but if you want professional, low key but attentive experience, with focus on quality food , this is the place for family , for business and a bit of romance !Special Features:
- Always excellentTheOrganiserDined on 23/9/2014Food and service at this restaurant never disappoint. The service is efficient whilst not intrusive and the food exudes a multitude of flavours that leave you wanting more and are accompanied by great wine pairing suggestions from the sommelier. A firm favourite.Special Features:
- Great get togetherKennyDined on 22/9/2014I met up with two cousins who I hadn't seen for a long time; decided to have dinner at Theo Randall's. we enjoyed the meal and found service very good.Special Features:
- 1st visit to Theo Randall'sJB101Dined on 19/9/2014This was our first visit to Theo Randall's & first real fine dinning experience in London. We opted for the taster menus. Food was excellent, greate service and friendly staff. Would fully recommend the Theo Randall's to friends & family. Had a really special night. Plan a return visit at some point in the near future.Special Features:
- Theo Randall is the bestMariaCallasVIPDined on 18/9/2014As always excellent. One of my favourite restaurants in London. Superlative in every way. The staff and service is wonderful as well.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014My wife and I chose the tasting menu. At a Michelin starred restaurant you expect the food to be close to perfection, but this was not. I am not a picky person, and have never sent a meal back before in my life, but the sirloin steak, cooked as they recommended, medium rare was so tough it was almost inedible. The staff replaced the course with filet instead of the sirloin, but this was the worst fillet I have ever had. Maybe the butcher let them down badly, but it ruined what was intended to be a very special occasion. To add insult to injury, we were presented with the full bill - which I paid as I do not like to make a fuss. We have eaten there before and had absolutely no complaints that time, but will not return again.
- Amazing foodfoodie113Dined on 13/9/2014I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary. It was not too over the top, which we like. I would recommend the Risottos, tortellini mixed ravioli type pasta and most importantly the panna cotta (which made my day!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant diningrmonesDined on 11/9/2014I have eaten at Theo Randall's three times and each time the experience was excellent. The staff were friendly. The food was exceptional and the wine list was extensive with good value for money. I can recommend dining here when in London in Mayfair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening to remember.CelebrationDined on 11/9/2014A wonderful evening to remember. Everything was just as good as we wanted. Thank you for taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian food in LondonLond74Dined on 5/9/2014The food is really amazing and the service is at the level you expect. It' s the best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten in London, even if the chef is not Italian. Congratulation Theo!Special Features:
- Fairly goodslickDined on 5/9/2014had high expectations for the meal which were partially met. Food was good, extensive wine list was a bit expensive.Special Features: