Theo Randall at the InterContinental
1 Hamilton Place
London, W1J 7QYNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £41 and over
Theo Randall at the InterContinental
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theorandall.com/
- Phone: 02073188747
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 9pm, 6pm - 11pm
Saturday: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Theo Randall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining at Theo Randall at the InterContinental offers a variety of options for events, large groups or intimate dinners. The Private Dining Room holds up to 25 people, with semi-private options for up to 55 people and whole-restaurant hire for up to 180 people. Set menus start from £50 per person, alternatively, if you have specific requirements Theo can create a customised menu for you using the freshest seasonal produce.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Wrazen 02073188747
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Theo Randall at the InterContinental. Visit theorandall.com for more information. Should you have any specific requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you. Theo Randall at the InterContinental
A word from Theo Randall at the InterContinental
Theo Randall at the InterContinental has been firmly established on the London dining scene since opening in 2006. Acclaimed Chef Theo Randall (former partner at the River Café) creates award-winning rustic Italian dishes with the very best seasonal ingredients that continue to attract rave reviews. The restaurant is proudly informal and unpretentious, with back-to-basics menu highlights including handmade pasta and wood roasted meat and fish, which in Theo's words is, "A million miles away from the complicated fancy fare you would normally expect to eat in Park Lane". Since its launch, Theo Randall at the InterContinental has won numerous awards including Best Italian Restaurant of The Year from the London Restaurant Awards, Best Italian/ Mediterranean over £50 in Harden’s 2013, and the highest ranked Italian on the Sunday Times Food List 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Theo Randall at the InterContinental reviews from OpenTable diners
353 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (219)fit for foodies (162)business meals (149)romance (111)pre/post theatre (67)outstanding value (65)good vegetarian options (51)group bookings (46)sunday lunch (27)disabled access (18)child friendly (16)brunch (14)outdoor eating (5)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Fantastic lunch!FreiaDined on 29/8/2014We went for the set lunch, which was excellent value. The crab starter was great, as was the beef ragu main (best ragu I've ever had I think!). Fantastic, friendly and attentive service without getting in the way. Would definitely recommend for lunch.Special Features:
- staff were very knowledgeableRabbitDined on 22/8/2014Staff were very friendly and it was genuine not forced. it was refreshing that we were not being asked every 5 minutes if the food was ok. Food was fantastic, especially the veal pasta. A superb place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .I'd have paid twice as muchLoveYrLibraryDined on 19/8/2014This was a wonderful wonderful dining experience, top chief at the top of his game, with brilliant, brisk unintrusive service and great attention to detail. What I think is great about Theo Randalls cooking, is he pays full respect to the tradition in which he cooks, with more than a nod to the past, and yet updates them with fresh flavours and delicious sauces. Bought his book PASTA and every recipe i've tried really works, Thats proper cooking. We came on an offer: GB 25 for two coursees and a proseco, Amazing value we only had an hour as it was a pre theatre, which we advised the front of house lady,and true to her word, we were putting our coats back on one hour later , not feeling rushed and with our food timed perfectly. Go !Special Features:
- Disappointing to say the leastMcfunchlyDined on 18/8/2014Given Theo Randalls reputation on TV as the supreme arbiter of high end Italian food I was shocked by the mundane quality. The focaccia and brushetta at the start was a nice surprise in place of the usual assortment of bread and butter you get in most places, but this was the only highlight of the evening and the meal went downhill from there. I chose seafood risotto and guinea fowl. I felt the risotto was undercooked not just al dente and the guinea fowl was excessively rich unlike the dessert, which tasted less luxurious than something from the tesco finest range. The main problem throughout the meal, including the bread, was the over-abundance of salt, if you have high blood pressure or prefer a more balance flavour I would steer clear.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 16/8/2014One of the best meals to date! Food was exceptional especially the smoked eel. Very attentive waiters, beautiful ambience. Food was to a very high standard.Special Features:
- Offer got me to try something new!MarianneDined on 13/8/2014I would never normally think of going to this kind of place, just watch from affair on Masterchef instead. But I am so glad I did. The menu for the 2fer offer was great and I had some truly wonderful food! We spent more overall because we went with a bottle of wine, but for the quality of food, wine and atmosphere I am was so please with the experience. We weren't treated differently because we had gone with the offer and we were not rushed out the door, which I had feared. You could see Theo's heading bobbing around in the kitchen, so to know he was involved in the actually cooking of our food that night made it extra special. Definitely not somewhere for everyday but for a special treat it is worth the money.Special Features:
- A disappointing eveningOnlyTheBestDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant has no atmosphere. It is like eating in a Hotel breakfast dining room. Unimpressive decor, very noisy. For the special deal a very restricted menue and almost everything had a surcharge of £5-6. Vegetables and side dishes were an extra £5 each. I do not drink gassy drinks and asked if I could have a glass of wine instead of Prosecco, but I was offered a glass of juice only instead. I argued and eventually with bad grace I was given a small glass of red wine. The food was tasteful, well prepared but very rich. No bread and butter offered! Not good value pn the whole.
- Ottimoacko22Dined on 8/8/2014Not enough space for my review - please see entry in Trip Advisor under acko_10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently the bestMariaCallasVIPDined on 6/8/2014It is always a pleasure to know that Theo Randall never disappoints. The food was, as always, delicious. My papardelle with ragu is the best I have ever had. I hope to eat there many more times.Special Features:
- An enjoyable Italian experienceFoodie123Dined on 6/8/2014The dinner was a birthday treat for a friend, who very much enjoyed it....we opted for the 2 course menu, which was delicious and the portions are generous, but then gluttony set in and we had deserts and coffee. I particularly enjoyed the seafood risotto. I for one had far too much to eat. The 2 course menu is excellent value, but extras are pricey.Service was friendly, but forgetful if the request wasn't written on the initial order! Overall, however we enjoyed ourselves and I would definitely like to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014good meal nice surroundings, chef came into the restauraunt and spoke to guests, nice touchSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2014Fantastic value for money, delicious food and plenty of it. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent MealmurphDined on 2/8/2014The food at Theo Randall's is always excellent and the service matches!Special Features:
- Best Italian in UKFernandoDined on 1/8/2014Went with my wife for our anniversary I've been in the hospitality for over 25 years and this was by far the best Italian meal I've had in the UK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- youngcoupleDined on 1/8/2014We booked this restaurant for lunch on our anniversary. we both like food, so we had the 3 course menu - we begun with ￼￼￼￼a salad and a mix of salami - very fresh seemed like just got from the garden and the salami was good as well. Then we had the risotto di mare and the ravioli, this was fabulous! The fish was fresh and the meat was very tender and juicy; pasta al dente, seemed like "handmade". For desert we had a almond tart - the best I ever had- and the ricotta cheesecake with pears which was a little bit of a disappointment, it was gooey... We don't like wine, so we stick with water during the meal. the price was 85£ because you have to pay for the service - about 10£. Very friendly staff, polite, good ambience, clean and posh.Special Features:
- SuperbRoderigoDined on 31/7/2014Another great meal with excellent service and food. Good generous portions, and lovely bruschetta and bread included!Special Features:
- very nice experiencegolfer7Dined on 26/7/2014terrific bar, good menu with well-prepared food (we had pasta and white fish) and a comfortable setting made for a nice dinner. only complaint: we were stuck in an overly-lit row of tables against a wall so the entire row was full, so it was crowded and loud, yet half the restaurant was empty. spread people out a little! only drawback to an otherwise very nice dinner.
- Well worth itMgarsonDined on 19/7/2014The price fix menu was very good with enough choices for a variety of dishes. The entire staff was friendly and highly accommodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveitalinfoodDined on 19/7/2014In one word Outstanding !! thanks for a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday lunchnot8earb4Dined on 10/7/2014Excellent cooking with accent on flavour rather than pretentious presentation. Pleasant ambience and service, although one minor complaint was not dealt with particularly well. However, would certainly go back and would recommend to others..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryFuxCodgersIIIDined on 5/7/2014WOW! My wife and I came here to celebrate our anniversary. We opted for the slightly more expensive '5 course tasting menu' with matched wines, but were not disappointed. Each of the courses were of exceptional quality and taste with the Sommelier bringing matched wines complete with a very concise and informed explanation of each wine. Theo Randall came to our table to wish us a happy anniversary and was polite, friendly and gave us an informed view of the wonderful ingredients and cooking techniques. For me, the outstanding dish / wine match was a wonderful scallop, balsamic veg antipasto with a crisp Northern Italian White. - An experience that everybody should aspire to - this will give you the benchmark for quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!Xfw50Dined on 5/7/2014Was staying in the Intercontinental and thought we should take advantage of the fact it was on our doorstep. We went early as we were going to a concert. While the restaurant was quiet at first, the staff made sure we felt at home. The food was of the same great standard, as the other times I've been and was topped off with a great half bottle of wine(my daughter doesn't like wine). Highly reccomended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theo's Outstanding LunchOzzyDined on 4/7/2014If you are looking for outstanding Italian food, and service to match, look no further than Theo Randall at The Intercontinental on London's Park Lane. From the moment you enter you know you are in for a very special meal. The menus are dated daily so the ingredients used to create the dishes are always so fresh. Theo's passionate about in season ingredients which reflects his menu. From the outstanding pasta dishes to the amazing meat and vegetarian options it truly a menu for all. You can opt for the set price menu or choose from the Al a Carte or give your taste buds a real experience and order Theo's tasting menu. Leave room for the Desserts and don't forget the wine list. All very well priced and presented, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- even betterRoderigoDined on 3/7/2014Another first class meal at Theo Randall with excellent service all round. Food portions were very generous as well. Lovely meal with a visitor from Edinburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointingbarnetdinerDined on 28/6/2014The meal I ordered was a frittata with asparagus, tomatoes and cheese. The result was a thin, dry cheese omelette with a sprinking of asparagus. I pointed out the lack of tomatoes and was brought them raw on a plate. I didn't have to pay for the meal but the whole experience was rather disappointing. The lamb was worth the money but other than that I wouldn't recommend the restaurant, it certainly wasn't the fine dining we had hoped for.
- Good value with refined foodAvecgnaDined on 26/6/2014An excellent location for a business meeting at the Intercontinental. Food is very refined and service is excellent. The restaurant was less than half full thus the noise level was quite low making conversation easy. I go to this restaurant each time I am in London as it is nearly ideal to conduct business while enjoying very nice Italian food and a good glass of wine.Special Features:
- 2 courses more than sufficedHkbbcDined on 25/6/2014We opted for the 2 course menu offer at £27, which also included a glass of prosecco. This proved to be amazing value for money. For starters, we opted for the crab & bruschetta, and also the ravioli with swiss chard. Defintely the ravioli was the winner of the 2, the pasta thin and silky, enveloped in a lovely rich buttery sauce. I could have eaten this for main course as well! If I do return, I will make a point of ordering other pasta dishes to try. Mains we chose the Longhorn sirloin and the Guinea fowl. Again the portions were rather generous, but the meat was cooked beautifully. All in all we had a great time, and for the price, this was worth it. Will return.Special Features:
- ExcellentPedjaDined on 21/6/2014My wife and I have been meaning to visit Theo's restaurant for a long time. Have we missed out big time?! The food was amazing, service friendly, attentive, but not in your face, portions were good, lovely atmosphere. Will definitely be back for more very soon.Special Features:
- Theo Randall - best pasta in LondonLizRVIPDined on 21/6/2014Theo Randall's pasta must be the best, but the service was a bit lukewarm. We had to ask for a replacement glass of moscato d'asti, as the first one was distinctly flat. I don't like the feel of the dining room itself (too dark and impersonal) but that might be me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barcelonaDined on 21/6/2014Always totally brilliant will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theo has done it againstattaDined on 20/6/2014I chose Theo's having been before, but some time ago. They didn't disappoint. From start to finish, I felt really well looked after by staff who even accommodated our request of an extra person at the drop of a hat. The food was great, with great sized portions and delicious. Complimentary bread was of two different types with enough for everyone. Ambience tick, food tick, service definitely tick. I will be back. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Love this placeJasonDined on 20/6/2014Booked a table at the Intercontinental for Friday the 20th June as a special treat for my parents and some family friends. From the moment we walked in, the staff made us feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble and they were more than happy to help us go through the menu and help us select a few dishes from both the antipasti and the Primi courses for us all to share. The selections were perfect and the food was fantastic from start to finish, we couldn't fault any of it. In particular the Ravioli with swiss chard, ricotta and sage and also the Lobster Linguine were superb. The food, wine, service and relaxed and friendly atmosphere made for an enjoyable and very special night. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Superb LunchSoulmanDined on 20/6/2014Dined for lunch here for the second time last week & yet again the food was delicious & well presented & the staff very attentive without being intrusive. The two courses for £27 & 3 courses for £33 + free glass of Prosecco represents reasonable value for lunch but any additional wine will push the cost up - we did have a bottle, which generally appears to be expensive in fine dining London restaurants, but it certainly didn't stop us having an enjoyable leisurely lunch.Special Features:
- DisappointingNAH1Dined on 18/6/2014I was looking forward to trying out this restaurant but was disappointed with the food. I had buffalo mozzarella but it was really cold so you could not taste the cheese. I had guinea fowl as main but it was very heavy. Although my dining companions thought the salmon and the beef were great. Maybe I just chose the wrong things. I might try it again but the wine is so expensive.
- Best Restaurant in LondonAESanchezDined on 14/6/2014This was my husband and my third visit and we will keep going back for our special occasions. The front of house staff are so friendly and helpful and even Theo Randall came over to chat. The food was divine and the attention to detail is incredible. It is the best restaurant we have been to in a long time, it really was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theo the GreatMariaCallasVIPDined on 13/6/2014Never disappointing. One of the best risottos I have had in a long time. Always excellent food. In fact, the best of its type in London.Special Features:
- Sophisticated ItalianthetruffleDined on 12/6/2014A couple of years have passed since our last visit to Theo Randall's, as we are now based overseas. The standard of cooking remains high, representing excellent value with the early or late set menu choices. Our two Italian guests concurred. And our young boy was welcomed to the kitchen instead of being frowned upon as has happened in other establishments. Service at times was a little patchy but it is a small quibble, and a calm and sophisticated decor (updated since our last visit) fitted the mood of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FoodSuburbangirlDined on 12/6/2014A splendid meal with very good service. My only gripe is the wine list which is very OTT.Special Features:
- No windowsSkitterDined on 6/6/2014I had incorrectly assumed that the restuarant would be upstairs with windows and a view. Intead it is on the ground floor and totally internal. All very flash but soulless. I got pushed to buy a £62 bottle of wine which I would never have spent if I had been thinking about it. We both ate from the prix fixe, 2 courses for £29 per head and the bill came to £160 with coffee and water.
- An enjoyable eveningEatingaroundDined on 31/5/2014We chose this restaurant because the reviews were good and it sounded reasonably priced at two courses for £27. However, the restaurant clearly adds some of the mark-up to the wine. The cheapest bottle was still £34 meaning that once we'd added a couple of sides and service, the bill was well over £100. No complaints about the food or the service - in fact, we got to meet Theo Randall himself who was lovely. Would I return? For that price bracket, there are restaurants that I prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.