Theo Randall at the InterContinental
1 Hamilton Place
London, W1J 7QYNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £41 and over
Theo Randall at the InterContinental
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theorandall.com/
- Phone: 02073188747
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 9pm, 6pm - 11pm
Saturday: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Theo Randall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining at Theo Randall at the InterContinental offers a variety of options for events, large groups or intimate dinners. The Private Dining Room holds up to 25 people, with semi-private options for up to 55 people and whole-restaurant hire for up to 180 people. Set menus start from £50 per person, alternatively, if you have specific requirements Theo can create a customised menu for you using the freshest seasonal produce.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Wrazen 02073188747
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Theo Randall at the InterContinental. Visit theorandall.com for more information. Should you have any specific requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you. Theo Randall at the InterContinental
A word from Theo Randall at the InterContinental
Theo Randall at the InterContinental has been firmly established on the London dining scene since opening in 2006. Acclaimed Chef Theo Randall (former partner at the River Café) creates award-winning rustic Italian dishes with the very best seasonal ingredients that continue to attract rave reviews. The restaurant is proudly informal and unpretentious, with back-to-basics menu highlights including handmade pasta and wood roasted meat and fish, which in Theo's words is, "A million miles away from the complicated fancy fare you would normally expect to eat in Park Lane". Since its launch, Theo Randall at the InterContinental has won numerous awards including Best Italian Restaurant of The Year from the London Restaurant Awards, Best Italian/ Mediterranean over £50 in Harden’s 2013, and the highest ranked Italian on the Sunday Times Food List 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Theo Randall at the InterContinental - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Theo Randall at the InterContinental reviews from OpenTable diners
336 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (203)fit for foodies (156)business meals (142)romance (109)pre/post theatre (60)outstanding value (58)good vegetarian options (47)group bookings (44)sunday lunch (29)disabled access (15)brunch (15)child friendly (14)afternoon tea (6)outdoor eating (4)Show More
- very good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 24/10/2014Wie were visiting Theo Randall for enjoying the set menu. The menu was very good and the service was also of high standard.
- Excellent As AlwaysOddieDined on 24/10/2014This is one of the most consistent restaurants out there! The food is always on point and so is the service...absolutely no complaints. Excellent value to be had on the set menus; 2 course for £27 or 3 courses for £33 (a glass of prosecco is included in both deals)...cant say enough good things about this restaurant - just go!!!Special Features:
- River Cafe in Zone 1chrisdDined on 24/10/2014Cooking where the high quailtyof the ingredients shines thorugh. Simple combinations but experlty done. Friendly, unstuffy service. Wine list good but pricey.Special Features:
- Ladies who lunchLGPaDined on 22/10/2014Pleasant atmosphere, friendly staff,good food. Staff were attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- A special treatOinkDined on 18/10/2014Took my partner for a birthday treat.....nice food and reasonable sized portions for this type of restaurant however a little overpriced which is a shame as would like to be able to go more often. Unless you have one of the special offers without being extravagant you will easily pay at least £200 for two peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsHughDined on 17/10/2014Have been many times to Theo's and as ever it never disappoints. The food has fantastic flavours particularly the pasta and risotto. Service as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theo RandallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 15/10/2014Food excellent. Room - no windows, very corporate. Service fair, tailing off to non-existent by the end of the mealSpecial Features:
- outstanding experience!carly134mangoesDined on 11/10/2014I went for the set menu with glass of processo which was a decent £27 where there was a good range to choose from. The food was delicious! Beautiful flavours and combination. The service was the most attentive I have ever seen and even had theo Randall come out and speak to the customers!! I really did had an wonderful night and would definitely come here again! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively attentive and deliciousfoodanddrinkDined on 11/10/2014Food was very good and service prompt and discreet.Special Features:
- Always great food.MateraDined on 7/10/2014Very generous portions. I chose from the special offer menu so it was a very good value. I had pumpkin ravioli, guinea fowl and a chocolate cake. All excellent. I will definitely go back. My friend was happy with her crab bruschetta and Amalfi lemon tart. Also worth mentioning that the coffee was very good.Special Features:
- good foodEMS1510Dined on 7/10/2014Food was really good and the only shame was the restaurant was fairly empty and we were placed in a corner table which was a bit disappointing. We were also seated where a bar area was behind us with some loud and clearly drunk group making noise to the extent 3 tables asked to be moved. On the food it was really good and we enjoyed each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing overallandyDined on 4/10/2014Restaurant is a large, open and fairly formal space in the Mandarin Oriental- relatively smart but lacking atmosphere. Service was inefficient and impersonal- eg starters arriving before aperitifs and before wine orders had been taken. We went for the £65 tasting menu- it seemed the best option with mains all around the £35 mark. Food was mixed, scallop with grilled vegetables was pleasant and summery and the lobster with linguine and a rich deep tomato sauce was excellent. The steak however was tough and sinewy and served with a large mass of pretty tasteless spinach. Cheese was ok (although came with a hair) and lemon tart was sharp but otherwise forgettable. Despite being over £100pp with wine it never really felt much above ordinary
- luvmyfoodDined on 3/10/2014Food was excellent and the waiting staff were attentive and friendly. The ambience is relaxing and would high recommend the set menu's which are good value for the standard of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantasticLPerrierDined on 30/9/2014I hadn't been to Theo Randall for years, but the food is still top notch. Loved my meal. I'm getting hungry now thinking about it again. The downside is that while the dining room is nice enough, but seems to lack the wow factor and that intangible buzz.Special Features:
- IndiraDined on 30/9/2014Very attentive staff, food well cooked and presented if a little too rich. The special deal still ended up being quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opulent food!Mrmac1Dined on 25/9/2014The food was simply awesome! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend. The wine was a tad pricey, but the cost was negated by the shear quality of the winelist. Superb service - could do with a touch more atmosphere, but that really is splitting hairs! Thank you so much for a truly lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PandJDined on 24/9/2014Crisp, approchable and friendly service, Taster menu and wine selection had successful surprizes. Pasta perfection , beautifully cooked meat , quality and balance of ingredients, Dining room a bit dark hence 4 stars , but if you want professional, low key but attentive experience, with focus on quality food , this is the place for family , for business and a bit of romance !Special Features:
- Always excellentTheOrganiserDined on 23/9/2014Food and service at this restaurant never disappoint. The service is efficient whilst not intrusive and the food exudes a multitude of flavours that leave you wanting more and are accompanied by great wine pairing suggestions from the sommelier. A firm favourite.Special Features:
- Great get togetherKennyDined on 22/9/2014I met up with two cousins who I hadn't seen for a long time; decided to have dinner at Theo Randall's. we enjoyed the meal and found service very good.Special Features:
- 1st visit to Theo Randall'sJB101Dined on 19/9/2014This was our first visit to Theo Randall's & first real fine dinning experience in London. We opted for the taster menus. Food was excellent, greate service and friendly staff. Would fully recommend the Theo Randall's to friends & family. Had a really special night. Plan a return visit at some point in the near future.Special Features:
- Theo Randall is the bestMariaCallasVIPDined on 18/9/2014As always excellent. One of my favourite restaurants in London. Superlative in every way. The staff and service is wonderful as well.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014My wife and I chose the tasting menu. At a Michelin starred restaurant you expect the food to be close to perfection, but this was not. I am not a picky person, and have never sent a meal back before in my life, but the sirloin steak, cooked as they recommended, medium rare was so tough it was almost inedible. The staff replaced the course with filet instead of the sirloin, but this was the worst fillet I have ever had. Maybe the butcher let them down badly, but it ruined what was intended to be a very special occasion. To add insult to injury, we were presented with the full bill - which I paid as I do not like to make a fuss. We have eaten there before and had absolutely no complaints that time, but will not return again.
- Amazing foodfoodie113Dined on 13/9/2014I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary. It was not too over the top, which we like. I would recommend the Risottos, tortellini mixed ravioli type pasta and most importantly the panna cotta (which made my day!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening to remember.CelebrationDined on 11/9/2014A wonderful evening to remember. Everything was just as good as we wanted. Thank you for taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant diningrmonesDined on 11/9/2014I have eaten at Theo Randall's three times and each time the experience was excellent. The staff were friendly. The food was exceptional and the wine list was extensive with good value for money. I can recommend dining here when in London in Mayfair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian food in LondonLond74Dined on 5/9/2014The food is really amazing and the service is at the level you expect. It' s the best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten in London, even if the chef is not Italian. Congratulation Theo!Special Features:
- Fairly goodslickDined on 5/9/2014had high expectations for the meal which were partially met. Food was good, extensive wine list was a bit expensive.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 29/8/2014The whole evening was very enjoyable, from the greeting on entry to the table and the atmosphere, all very welcoming. We used a "deal" for the evening, £25 per head for two courses plus a glass of Prosecco and we all agreed that this was very good value. The bread/Bruschetta was excellent and were the main course and the desserts. none of the above would have been as enjoyable without the excellent service, we were all impressed.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunch!FreiaDined on 29/8/2014We went for the set lunch, which was excellent value. The crab starter was great, as was the beef ragu main (best ragu I've ever had I think!). Fantastic, friendly and attentive service without getting in the way. Would definitely recommend for lunch.Special Features:
- staff were very knowledgeableRabbitDined on 22/8/2014Staff were very friendly and it was genuine not forced. it was refreshing that we were not being asked every 5 minutes if the food was ok. Food was fantastic, especially the veal pasta. A superb place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theo RandallDelicissimo1Dined on 19/8/2014Excellent value for money with opentable deals . Been there a few times, my only criticism is the expensive wine list. Food well executed as one would expect, outstanding Italian cuisine. Well worth another visit.Special Features:
- .I'd have paid twice as muchLoveYrLibraryDined on 19/8/2014This was a wonderful wonderful dining experience, top chief at the top of his game, with brilliant, brisk unintrusive service and great attention to detail. What I think is great about Theo Randalls cooking, is he pays full respect to the tradition in which he cooks, with more than a nod to the past, and yet updates them with fresh flavours and delicious sauces. Bought his book PASTA and every recipe i've tried really works, Thats proper cooking. We came on an offer: GB 25 for two coursees and a proseco, Amazing value we only had an hour as it was a pre theatre, which we advised the front of house lady,and true to her word, we were putting our coats back on one hour later , not feeling rushed and with our food timed perfectly. Go !Special Features:
- Disappointing to say the leastMcfunchlyDined on 18/8/2014Given Theo Randalls reputation on TV as the supreme arbiter of high end Italian food I was shocked by the mundane quality. The focaccia and brushetta at the start was a nice surprise in place of the usual assortment of bread and butter you get in most places, but this was the only highlight of the evening and the meal went downhill from there. I chose seafood risotto and guinea fowl. I felt the risotto was undercooked not just al dente and the guinea fowl was excessively rich unlike the dessert, which tasted less luxurious than something from the tesco finest range. The main problem throughout the meal, including the bread, was the over-abundance of salt, if you have high blood pressure or prefer a more balance flavour I would steer clear.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 16/8/2014One of the best meals to date! Food was exceptional especially the smoked eel. Very attentive waiters, beautiful ambience. Food was to a very high standard.Special Features:
- Offer got me to try something new!MarianneDined on 13/8/2014I would never normally think of going to this kind of place, just watch from affair on Masterchef instead. But I am so glad I did. The menu for the 2fer offer was great and I had some truly wonderful food! We spent more overall because we went with a bottle of wine, but for the quality of food, wine and atmosphere I am was so please with the experience. We weren't treated differently because we had gone with the offer and we were not rushed out the door, which I had feared. You could see Theo's heading bobbing around in the kitchen, so to know he was involved in the actually cooking of our food that night made it extra special. Definitely not somewhere for everyday but for a special treat it is worth the money.Special Features:
- A disappointing eveningOnlyTheBestDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant has no atmosphere. It is like eating in a Hotel breakfast dining room. Unimpressive decor, very noisy. For the special deal a very restricted menue and almost everything had a surcharge of £5-6. Vegetables and side dishes were an extra £5 each. I do not drink gassy drinks and asked if I could have a glass of wine instead of Prosecco, but I was offered a glass of juice only instead. I argued and eventually with bad grace I was given a small glass of red wine. The food was tasteful, well prepared but very rich. No bread and butter offered! Not good value pn the whole.
- Ottimoacko22Dined on 8/8/2014Not enough space for my review - please see entry in Trip Advisor under acko_10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently the bestMariaCallasVIPDined on 6/8/2014It is always a pleasure to know that Theo Randall never disappoints. The food was, as always, delicious. My papardelle with ragu is the best I have ever had. I hope to eat there many more times.Special Features:
- An enjoyable Italian experienceFoodie123Dined on 6/8/2014The dinner was a birthday treat for a friend, who very much enjoyed it....we opted for the 2 course menu, which was delicious and the portions are generous, but then gluttony set in and we had deserts and coffee. I particularly enjoyed the seafood risotto. I for one had far too much to eat. The 2 course menu is excellent value, but extras are pricey.Service was friendly, but forgetful if the request wasn't written on the initial order! Overall, however we enjoyed ourselves and I would definitely like to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014good meal nice surroundings, chef came into the restauraunt and spoke to guests, nice touchSpecial Features: