44 Elizabeth Street
London, SW1W 9PANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thethomascubitt.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7730 6060
- Hours of Operation:
PLEASE NOTE - BOOKINGS MAY ONLY BE MADE IN THE FIRST FLOOR DINING ROOM
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Philip Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Thomas Cubitt
Welcome to The Thomas Cubitt, Belgravia's most exclusive pub & dining room honouring London's legendary master builder. The Thomas Cubitt has established itself as a local institution & destination venue in the capital's most distinguished neighbourhood. Please note, bookings apply only to the first floor dining room & the ground floor bar is operated on a first come, first served basis for tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thomas Cubitt reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since 26 November 2013
business meals (62)special occasions (57)fit for foodies (56)sunday lunch (51)romance (46)brunch (25)group bookings (23)pre/post theatre (15)outdoor eating (14)outstanding value (12)good vegetarian options (8)afternoon tea (6)child friendly (4)Show More
- Good for businessSimonDined on 10/11/2014Tables are well spaced to give each a little privacy, which is conducive to a business orientated meal. The food is excellence. However, the service was a little slow at times.Special Features:
- Sunday lunchRobroyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great atmosphere upstairs in the dining room. The pub downstairs however was packed. This may have been the reason we waited 30 minutes for our starter and had insufficient time for a dessert. The (very friendly) staff I think sensed this and deducted the service charge from the bill. The food was ok, somewhat overpriced - the beef with garlic mash with gravy good but my wife's veggie salad main somewhat bland and she had expected the goats cheese to be hot. I would try TC again however: probably in the evening when less busy.
- Great exceptional experienceTigermealDined on 29/10/2014Fantastic food in a very elegant but wArm atmosphere. Much flexibility with kids - and fantastic foodSpecial Features:
- Superb Roast DinnerEggbrekkyDined on 26/10/2014Fantastic roast dinner, combined with a hangover-destroying bloody mary. Quick and attentive service throughout the meal, and reasonably priced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastropub?TankDined on 19/10/2014The restaurant ran out of the Sunday dinner as advertised and which was the real draw for choosing to dine there. Only after we were seated and ordered our dinner, and after some wait, were we advised that the special Sunday menu was not available. The staff was quite apologetic but didn't offer anything else to make up for the mis-communication. We did come away with the impression that we had a "compromised" dinner.Special Features:
- Suprised and delighted!airhead29Dined on 18/10/2014I'd previously thought that the area around Victoria was a bit of a black hole in terms of exciting eateries but Thomas Cubitt was a revelation. The service was fantastic and the food sublime (try the duck). Perfect for relaxed weekend dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentvalue1Dined on 15/10/2014We live in Scotland have been using TC for a number of years...great location and food is always good. Used for Business and for social occasions. Also booked the back room for dinners of up to 20+..excellent ..great value!Special Features:
- Great food, slow service at CubittBjseeDined on 15/10/2014Having visited Thomas Cubitt a number of times with no complaints, I was disappointed this time with how long it took to serve 2 main courses and then our ordered desserts just never appeared - the waiter was attentive and helpful but I think the kitchen let her down. Will think twice before visiting again.Special Features:
- perfect for the third timeVaibhav2pspDined on 10/10/2014Thomas Cubitt is an excellent place for a good dinner, the staff pamper you, the selection of wines is excellent and the food is perfect Finish it all of with wonderful desserts, the flourless chocolate almond cake in our case. The only bone I probably have to pick is that it is time there is a change in the menu But a wonderful place overall Also the floor manager Thomas is an excellent hostSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SammyDined on 5/10/2014I went there to celebrate my birthday with a couple of friends. We all had a good time. Yeah, no regrets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute plansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Fab! We had a lovely evening. Lovely food. Would have been better if the neighbouring table of six had been altogether less hedonistic!Special Features:
- menu getting tireddinerVIPDined on 19/9/2014Always a good meal but perhaps now the menu is getting a bit tired - it needs a refresh as has been the same for a while. Food was too salty (all my party indicated this). That said this is a good restaurant and the pub downstairs is nice and lively. Good for a private dinner party. When I first went this place was excellent but as the menu is now the same it's just good
- Great venue and good food.BeckyDined on 11/9/2014I had an excellent evening at the Thomas Cubitt last week, catching up with a group of friends. There was a nice ambience in the 1st floor dining room, the food was very good and the service was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a business lunchSophiaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Oddly, my companion and I were the only women there. The salmon was done well and the decor is pleasant.Special Features:
- Thomas Cubitt is always a treatVivacetyDined on 19/8/2014As always Thomas Cubitt is great value for money in good surroundings with helpful, friendly staff. Whether for a drink after work or a business lunch this is a great place to visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Exceelent food but maybe need to consider a couple fo options for teens ?Special Features:
- Very good food and great atmosphereecolDined on 12/8/2014Excellent food and selection. The wine was great and the service was very good. The restaurant was quite busy so it was slightly slow.Special Features:
- A jewel in BelgraviaC2AOKDined on 7/8/2014Friendly and efficient service in a light and airy first floor dining room made lunch a real pleasure on a hot and sticky day. The menu is excellent and varied. The fish was fresh snd beautifully cooked. A very enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- food4thoughtDined on 3/8/2014Disappointing compared to previous visits. Food good but not great. Service patchy and we were informed that the bar was closing as we ordered desert should we require more to drink. We declined further alcohol. Once desert had been bought we asked for coffees to be told sorry the bar had closed. Aaah the previous waitress meant ALL drinks and beverages! Poor show at 3:50 having booked the table for 2:30Special Features:
- Nice set & good food near VictoriaLuluDined on 3/8/2014I liked: near Victoria but in a neighbourhood that doesn't remind you of Victoria. Street with belgravian influences. Corner building. Good taste and colour scheme, classic touch. Menu is short and satisfactory. Prices are reasonable for meal with friends at the upstairs resto and cheaper at the pub downstairs. They have different rooms with different atmospheres. The Sunday roast was perfectly cooked and the fresh spinach salad with pine nuts and truffle oil a very good side. I didn't like the attitude of our waitress who tried to push the selling too far. She was a nice smiling person, so it made it worse as she kept on suggesting a bit too strongly the waters, side dishes, wined, refills, dessert, coffee... I'll come back with friends.Special Features:
- Lovely `Posh Pub`junglisticDined on 3/8/2014Always a great meal at any of the Cubit House Group and the Sunday Lunch is always a super option.Special Features:
- One of best pubs in LondonabsolutebenDined on 27/7/2014The Thomas Cubitt was an old fave of mine when I lived centrally in Pimlico - since then, the area has had a surge of wealth and seen many establishments change. The Cubitt manages to cater for everyone - but keeping a sense of luxury and special occasion to boot. I ventured back into town keen to re-visit the pub, and it hadnt changed (in a good way). Sat upstairs in the special dining room - but had the bar menu, as was a sunday - which is excellent value for the quality and the location. Fish and chips were superb! Its a highly recommended pubSpecial Features:
- Great food butGreavesisGodVIPDined on 16/7/2014Good food and service, but no air conditioning and not allowed to open windows in the upstairs restaurant means it is to be avoided if the weather is hot.Special Features:
- Lovely menuCAcaVIPDined on 11/7/2014The upstairs dining room is a lot more formal than the gastropub downstairs, but also a lot quieter. Good for quiet lunches and romantic dinners, with an original and well-executed menu. Not cheap, but good value for the areaSpecial Features:
- Good lunchD2gudDined on 10/7/2014Excellent lunch seared scallops were good. Pork belly was moist & crisp. Mash potatoes with marrow superb. Service very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic servicefood4thoughtDined on 4/7/2014On the spur of the moment booking - tremendous food - expensive - fair not overgenerous portions but we left sated by deliciousness and personal unobtrusive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so tastypsycheDined on 29/6/2014great sunday roast, great fish and chips, yummy elder flower bellini. all good stuff!Special Features:
- Great food, service and spaceHmmmDined on 28/6/2014We chose this restaurant after reading reviews on top table and trip advisor and were not disappointed. The upstairs dining room is elegant without feeling stuffy, the food authentic and delicious with good sized portions. The service polite and helpful without being fussy, all six of us loved it and would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the reviewsWandarriDined on 26/6/2014Oysters to start were excellent - no complaints - husband enjoyed the scallops although only 2 on the plate. Asked for my lamb to be med to well done but arrived rare and I was made to feel like I was asking for the ridiculous - three bite size bits of lamb - to be honest pretty ordinary - almost seemed posh and did not taste much like lamb - husbands chicken seemed better but again little to eat on the plate - it is was it is - a pub albeit done posh - decor just lovely so 100% to the designer - quite a lot of noise from down stairs - I feel that they could do a really good meal for the same price without trying so hard to make it look like a posh restaurant - sometimes less is more. Would I eat here again - personally noSpecial Features:
- Strangely confrontational waitressDiner123Dined on 9/6/2014As my title suggests, I was totally takenaback by how confrontational the waitress was when we asked her the most simple questions. Case in point, I asked her if she recommended the market fish or the salmon, to which she said, 'we dont put our name against anything that isn't good' in a very unfriendly tone. And then after all that she messed up my order! As long as you avoid said waitress and make sure the staff has understood your order and any special requests, you should be fine.
- Henley11Dined on 3/6/2014The dining room is very well set out , the service was very friendly and professional and the food was first class .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMonsDined on 25/5/2014The venue is always busy so booked for Sunday lunch. The menu looked so tempting. Main courses were cold, went back to the kitchen & returned not much hotter. Waitress off hand, management helpful.Special Features:
- Another good lunchAlB1Dined on 18/5/2014Always a winner for a Sunday lunch. Friends or family. Good food. Family friendly but still manages to have a relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great food and great serviceecolDined on 15/5/2014A pub/restaurant for all occasions. A very in season menu that is regularly altered offering fresh well prepared cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing lunch at Thomas CubittDiningDuoDined on 14/5/2014Enjoyed a long and relaxing lunch in the first floor dining room. The service was attentive but not intrusive and, although the website said there was a table time of two and a half hours, we were not rushed and ended up being there for four hours (mainly as we were having a long overdue catch up). The dining room is elegant but not stuffy and the food was delicious. My potted trout was followed by a beautifully pink duck breast. The triple cooked chips were crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside and my chocolate soufflé (quite rightly I was advised there would be a 15-18 minute wait) was a real melt in the mouth moment. Have been to the Pantechnicon, which was equally lovely, so must try the others in this group.Special Features:
- Thomas CubittDPsoutingsVIPDined on 13/5/2014A midweek lunch outing for us, dining in the upstairs room. Very comfortable, white linen, ideal for a business meal. There were three other tables occupied, all taking a leisurely lunch like us. The scallop starter was very good. I thought a lttile over-cooked, but my friend was very happy. One had lamb, the other beef, both a bit chewy but very tasty. Presentation very good. I was disappointed with my cheese board, should have gone for a proper desert !! All in all worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great vibeAnapDined on 4/5/2014Food was good, although we've had better Sunday roast, and wine was a bit disappointing. We were in a room upstairs which was really nice and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise .....Sugarpuff77Dined on 19/4/2014Had a lovely meal here over the Easter weekend, specifically booked as a birthday treat for a special friend and our daughters. Prompt and attentive service, lovely food. Even though we were all "full up" and did not order a dessert ....., Thomas Cubit produced a surprise dessert for my friend, with appropriate wording on my friends plate - Happy Birthday!". Would highly recommend eating here, as a chill out, from the hustle and bustle of central London. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good4happyeatersDined on 18/4/20143rd time we have been here. Great all round experience. Food choices particularly good. And still don't have to break the bank for a nice bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice London optionMLMXDined on 17/4/2014Nice menu with British cuisine with an updated twist. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I am American, but have lived in Europe for many years. I enjoy the less hasty European dining style, but, we waited almost 45 minutes between appetizers and entree. Everyone's entree was great. Mine (the duck) was OK....a bit overdone. BUT, everyone else had a fabulous dish and presentation. I would highly recommend again and would go again. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features: