44 Elizabeth Street
London, SW1W 9PANeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thethomascubitt.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077306060
- Hours of Operation:
PLEASE NOTE - BOOKINGS MAY ONLY BE MADE IN THE FIRST FLOOR DINING ROOM
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Philip Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Thomas Cubitt
Welcome to The Thomas Cubitt, Belgravia's most exclusive pub & dining room honouring London's legendary master builder. The Thomas Cubitt has established itself as a local institution & destination venue in the capital's most distinguished neighbourhood. Please note, bookings apply only to the first floor dining room & the ground floor bar is operated on a first come, first served basis for tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thomas Cubitt reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since 20 May 2014
fit for foodies (66)business meals (64)special occasions (62)sunday lunch (54)romance (46)brunch (29)group bookings (24)pre/post theatre (15)outdoor eating (12)outstanding value (10)good vegetarian options (7)afternoon tea (5)child friendly (3)Show More
- Great venue and good food.BeckyDined on 11/9/2014I had an excellent evening at the Thomas Cubitt last week, catching up with a group of friends. There was a nice ambience in the 1st floor dining room, the food was very good and the service was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a business lunchSophiaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Oddly, my companion and I were the only women there. The salmon was done well and the decor is pleasant.Special Features:
- Thomas Cubitt is always a treatVivacetyDined on 19/8/2014As always Thomas Cubitt is great value for money in good surroundings with helpful, friendly staff. Whether for a drink after work or a business lunch this is a great place to visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Exceelent food but maybe need to consider a couple fo options for teens ?Special Features:
- Very good food and great atmosphereecolDined on 12/8/2014Excellent food and selection. The wine was great and the service was very good. The restaurant was quite busy so it was slightly slow.Special Features:
- A jewel in BelgraviaC2AOKDined on 7/8/2014Friendly and efficient service in a light and airy first floor dining room made lunch a real pleasure on a hot and sticky day. The menu is excellent and varied. The fish was fresh snd beautifully cooked. A very enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- Nice set & good food near VictoriaLuluDined on 3/8/2014I liked: near Victoria but in a neighbourhood that doesn't remind you of Victoria. Street with belgravian influences. Corner building. Good taste and colour scheme, classic touch. Menu is short and satisfactory. Prices are reasonable for meal with friends at the upstairs resto and cheaper at the pub downstairs. They have different rooms with different atmospheres. The Sunday roast was perfectly cooked and the fresh spinach salad with pine nuts and truffle oil a very good side. I didn't like the attitude of our waitress who tried to push the selling too far. She was a nice smiling person, so it made it worse as she kept on suggesting a bit too strongly the waters, side dishes, wined, refills, dessert, coffee... I'll come back with friends.Special Features:
- Lovely `Posh Pub`junglisticDined on 3/8/2014Always a great meal at any of the Cubit House Group and the Sunday Lunch is always a super option.Special Features:
- One of best pubs in LondonabsolutebenDined on 27/7/2014The Thomas Cubitt was an old fave of mine when I lived centrally in Pimlico - since then, the area has had a surge of wealth and seen many establishments change. The Cubitt manages to cater for everyone - but keeping a sense of luxury and special occasion to boot. I ventured back into town keen to re-visit the pub, and it hadnt changed (in a good way). Sat upstairs in the special dining room - but had the bar menu, as was a sunday - which is excellent value for the quality and the location. Fish and chips were superb! Its a highly recommended pubSpecial Features:
- Great food butGreavesisGodVIPDined on 16/7/2014Good food and service, but no air conditioning and not allowed to open windows in the upstairs restaurant means it is to be avoided if the weather is hot.Special Features:
- Lovely menuCAcaVIPDined on 11/7/2014The upstairs dining room is a lot more formal than the gastropub downstairs, but also a lot quieter. Good for quiet lunches and romantic dinners, with an original and well-executed menu. Not cheap, but good value for the areaSpecial Features:
- Good lunchD2gudDined on 10/7/2014Excellent lunch seared scallops were good. Pork belly was moist & crisp. Mash potatoes with marrow superb. Service very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic servicefood4thoughtDined on 4/7/2014On the spur of the moment booking - tremendous food - expensive - fair not overgenerous portions but we left sated by deliciousness and personal unobtrusive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so tastypsycheDined on 29/6/2014great sunday roast, great fish and chips, yummy elder flower bellini. all good stuff!Special Features:
- Great food, service and spaceHmmmDined on 28/6/2014We chose this restaurant after reading reviews on top table and trip advisor and were not disappointed. The upstairs dining room is elegant without feeling stuffy, the food authentic and delicious with good sized portions. The service polite and helpful without being fussy, all six of us loved it and would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the reviewsWandarriDined on 26/6/2014Oysters to start were excellent - no complaints - husband enjoyed the scallops although only 2 on the plate. Asked for my lamb to be med to well done but arrived rare and I was made to feel like I was asking for the ridiculous - three bite size bits of lamb - to be honest pretty ordinary - almost seemed posh and did not taste much like lamb - husbands chicken seemed better but again little to eat on the plate - it is was it is - a pub albeit done posh - decor just lovely so 100% to the designer - quite a lot of noise from down stairs - I feel that they could do a really good meal for the same price without trying so hard to make it look like a posh restaurant - sometimes less is more. Would I eat here again - personally noSpecial Features:
- Strangely confrontational waitressDiner123Dined on 9/6/2014As my title suggests, I was totally takenaback by how confrontational the waitress was when we asked her the most simple questions. Case in point, I asked her if she recommended the market fish or the salmon, to which she said, 'we dont put our name against anything that isn't good' in a very unfriendly tone. And then after all that she messed up my order! As long as you avoid said waitress and make sure the staff has understood your order and any special requests, you should be fine.
- Henley11Dined on 3/6/2014The dining room is very well set out , the service was very friendly and professional and the food was first class .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMonsDined on 25/5/2014The venue is always busy so booked for Sunday lunch. The menu looked so tempting. Main courses were cold, went back to the kitchen & returned not much hotter. Waitress off hand, management helpful.Special Features:
- Another good lunchAlB1Dined on 18/5/2014Always a winner for a Sunday lunch. Friends or family. Good food. Family friendly but still manages to have a relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great food and great serviceecolDined on 15/5/2014A pub/restaurant for all occasions. A very in season menu that is regularly altered offering fresh well prepared cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing lunch at Thomas CubittDiningDuoDined on 14/5/2014Enjoyed a long and relaxing lunch in the first floor dining room. The service was attentive but not intrusive and, although the website said there was a table time of two and a half hours, we were not rushed and ended up being there for four hours (mainly as we were having a long overdue catch up). The dining room is elegant but not stuffy and the food was delicious. My potted trout was followed by a beautifully pink duck breast. The triple cooked chips were crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside and my chocolate soufflé (quite rightly I was advised there would be a 15-18 minute wait) was a real melt in the mouth moment. Have been to the Pantechnicon, which was equally lovely, so must try the others in this group.Special Features:
- Thomas CubittDPsoutingsVIPDined on 13/5/2014A midweek lunch outing for us, dining in the upstairs room. Very comfortable, white linen, ideal for a business meal. There were three other tables occupied, all taking a leisurely lunch like us. The scallop starter was very good. I thought a lttile over-cooked, but my friend was very happy. One had lamb, the other beef, both a bit chewy but very tasty. Presentation very good. I was disappointed with my cheese board, should have gone for a proper desert !! All in all worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great vibeAnapDined on 4/5/2014Food was good, although we've had better Sunday roast, and wine was a bit disappointing. We were in a room upstairs which was really nice and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise .....Sugarpuff77Dined on 19/4/2014Had a lovely meal here over the Easter weekend, specifically booked as a birthday treat for a special friend and our daughters. Prompt and attentive service, lovely food. Even though we were all "full up" and did not order a dessert ....., Thomas Cubit produced a surprise dessert for my friend, with appropriate wording on my friends plate - Happy Birthday!". Would highly recommend eating here, as a chill out, from the hustle and bustle of central London. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good4happyeatersDined on 18/4/20143rd time we have been here. Great all round experience. Food choices particularly good. And still don't have to break the bank for a nice bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice London optionMLMXDined on 17/4/2014Nice menu with British cuisine with an updated twist. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I am American, but have lived in Europe for many years. I enjoy the less hasty European dining style, but, we waited almost 45 minutes between appetizers and entree. Everyone's entree was great. Mine (the duck) was OK....a bit overdone. BUT, everyone else had a fabulous dish and presentation. I would highly recommend again and would go again. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding Cubitt - againBjseeDined on 30/3/2014Our third visit to the upstairs at Thomas Cubitt - and the Sunday Lunch was absolutely excellent. It was Mothers Day, so there was free champagne for mums - and the dining room was full of smart mums with grown families treating them to great food. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serious foodeddykeddyDined on 29/3/2014this was our second time at Thomas Cubitt for dining. first time we were a group of 6 , this time 4. the restaurant is white cloth, kind of serious for pub. the food is good, but overall experience was expensive than expected. we decided we prefer the pub downstairs for drinks and relax environment than the restaurant upstairs.Special Features:
- ROAST!ThomasDined on 23/3/2014A fantastic Sunday roast. Wonderful service by an attentive and kind Canadian waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had to wait for over anOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/3/2014We had to wait for over an hour for our starters. Although the staff kindly waived to charge us for the starters and service it left a disappointing "aftertaste". The rather noisy atmosphere did not help either. The food served, though, was excellent and enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ServiceracymulletVIPDined on 13/3/2014Thanks again to the team at the Thos Cubitt for looking after us so well. We werent particularly demanding but they gave us the window table we asked for on Top Table and looked after us spendidly. Food was excellent as always. Would recommend it. Many thanks DSpecial Features:
- Delicious and atmospheric!CharlieDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a simply delicious meal for four in the upstairs dining room on Saturday night. All the courses were of the highest quality, the service was friendly and attentive and the dinining room has a relaxed and convivial atmosphere. We shall definitely be back...soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, price is ok140GPBfor4Dined on 8/3/2014Good food, price is ok (not cheap but not so expensive to feel cheated) and nice area. Sometimes they have trainee servers, less experienced, who might need to get more experience on dealing with customers, but I guess they'll get there - the usual staff are very friendly.Special Features:
- Good location for a lunch meetingMGC1Dined on 20/2/2014Had really good service from the team and the food was very well presented. All in all a great place to have a business meeting in the upstairs restaurant as the tables are not too close together.Special Features:
- A Surprice!FedeDined on 15/2/2014Yes, We liked this resturant a lot. The food was lovely, the ambience is familiar and elegance and the service very good... at the end of the meal we decided to book another dinner for a very special family event! Let`s try it!Special Features:
- Fabulous lamb and venison2eatDined on 15/2/2014My wife and I had dinner here on Valentine's weekend. She ordered the venison and I the lamb neck, both with he intention of sharing some of each. However we each enjoyed our entrees so much that we only had a bite of the others. Both were delicious. The side dishes were really well done too. Broccoli with mustard seeds was a great taste combination. The deserts weren't our favorites...chocolate better than rhubarb one, but overall we both really enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbChrisDined on 1/2/2014Friendly service. Michelin star quality food and presentation. Venison, duck and fillet steak cooked to perfection. Will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food! RecommendedMAJHDined on 31/1/2014Good for a family lunch, lunch with friends or a casual business lunch. Lovely seasonal food, good service. Dining room upstairs had a good atmosphere - not too buttoned up but fancy enough if you want to impress someone. Will try some of the other restaurants in the group - really good!Special Features:
- Friday night at Thomas CubittDCJODined on 24/1/2014Lovely ambiance and welcoming, attentive service. Good menu with plenty of variety but not too much choice. I didn't like the piped music but maybe that's because I'm a middle aged old fogie. All the food was delicious, esp the crab starter. My main course was "warm" as opposed to hot but just about OK and very tasty. I would definitely return.Special Features: