1 St Johns Road
Surrey, GU21 7SENeighbourhood:
ChinesePrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tigertu.co.uk/
- Phone: 01483726290
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2.30pm, 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tiger Tu
A long standing favourite in the village of St John’s close to Woking, the Tiger Tu restaurant provides a blend of Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese dining in a comfortable, convenient setting. Located a short meander from the Basingstoke canal towpath and a short drive from Woking town centre, Tiger Tu overlooks St John’s Lye, an idyllic setting for a get-away-from-it-all dinner overseen by professional and friendly staff keen to provide an unforgettable dining experience. The restaurant’s dining room is clean and comfortable, the traditional oriental restaurant styling homely and classical, barely changed over the years yet still fresh. Tiger Tu’s real selling point is its unusual Asian fusion cookery, one perfected a long time before Asian-fusion became fashionable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tiger Tu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food and great valueSusanBDined on 19/1/2013Having read the reviews of Tiger Tu and we were not disappointed. This restaurant has been going a long time and you can tell why. The food is of exceptionally high quality and you can either order a la carte or take a fixed price 'all you can eat' price. Obviously some people get greedy when faced with this opportunity but they do have a policy whereby you pay for anything you dont eat which is fair enough and puts a stop to that. We did opt for this and ordered sensibly but without having to check out prices etc. When one of our party particularly wanted something the other two did not then they brought an extra small portion of that dish which was excellent service. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealJackDined on 10/1/2013Met with an old friend who I hadn't seen for many years. Very pleasant meal with friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for sharingGroupDined on 7/12/2012A great place to share and experience all sorts of different foods and flavours!Special Features:
- Great Selection of FooddemodollyDined on 30/9/2012not being used to Thai food we went for the set meals - what a lot of food - but it was all lovely. The staff were very helpful giving us full details of the food as we had forgotten what it was by the time it was delivered, and allowed us to chat and take our time with our meal What a great restaurant, loved the food just had to stop before I overateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service,Rover23Dined on 21/7/2012Excellent food and service, but small portions and overpriced drinks (£4.90 for a glass of house red!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday MealSuperJenDined on 10/7/2012Geat food and value for money. It was my daughters birthday and they were happy to decorate the table with balloons etc that I had provided. Have been coming to this restaurant for years and will continue to do so :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tu experianceyummyDined on 4/7/2012The food was very good not expensive and was enjoyed by all even my dad who is hard to please. We look forward to a return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to going back!GourmetGourmandDined on 17/6/2012Great Chinese and East Asian food at a reasonable price. I can only speak for the dishes I ordered, but the mixed appetiser was a great way to sample a range of flavours and the pork with water chestnuts was delicious. All with a fortune cookie for the road!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/4/2012Yet another excellent meal at Tiger Tu in Woking. The staff were their usual friendly and helpful selves and the atmosphere was great. We had a selection of starters and everything tasted really good - the squid and the crispy Mongolian lamb are two dishes I cannot recommend enough. I'm sure we'll be back again in the near future.
- Cold food, poor service, tooJulesDined on 18/3/2012Cold food, poor service, too noisy, awful ambience, rather like a canteen, not good value, cramped in restaurant unless you are tiny!
- I have been to Tiger Tuu aNatBDined on 10/3/2012I have been to Tiger Tuu a number of times. It's my favourite local restaurant, partly because the high level of service and attentiveness of staff and partly due to the lovely food. I always order off the all you can eat menu which is great value. Food with a bottle of wine and service car normally works out at just over £30 a head. I would recommend Tiger Tuu.Special Features:
- Tiger Tu in St John's is theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 25/2/2012Tiger Tu in St John's is the best restaurant I have been to in a long time. The staff were friendly, attentive and as it was my birthday, thought nothing of bringing over a cake and singing Happy Birthday to me. The food was excellent and would definitely recommend sharing the dishes between your party - very easy to do with a Lazy Susan on the table. Cannot recommend it enough and am really looking forward to going back!
- We ate at Tiger Tu in Wokingbananaking2010Dined on 14/2/2012We ate at Tiger Tu in Woking on Valentines day. the service and food was excellent, it was a set menu for the evening which provided more than enough food for 2.
- Friendly welcome.Six of usOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 18/1/2012Friendly welcome.Six of us spent about fifteen minutes trying to choose a number of starters as we wished to share.We had already decided to have the eat all you can menu. Restaurant owner then suggested he bring a variety of starters which was great.Main courses and starters very good.Staff attentive and helpful.