TNQ Restaurant & Bar
108 High Street
Manchester, M4 1HQNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
TNQ Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tnq.co.uk/
- Phone: 0161 832 7115
- Hours of Operation:
Monday / Saturday 12 NOON till 10.30pm
Sunday 12 NOON till 7pm
Monday / Saturday 12 NOON till 10.30pm
Sunday 12 NOON till Late
Monday / Saturday 12 NOON till 10.30pm
Sunday 12 NOON till Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary British, Modern European, British
- Executive Chef: Anthony Fielden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can cater for large groups from 10-60 people in the restaurant, with a menu designed specifically to meet your needs.
- Entertainment: As an advocate of world cuisine and fine wine, TNQ regularly plays host to ‘Gourmet Nights’. These evenings generally consist of a superb 6 course meal, fine wine matches, live music and a special guest host. Advanced booking is essential for these evenings.
A word from TNQ Restaurant & Bar
Manchester’s Best Independent Restaurant Serving Fresh Locally Sourced Produce Daily. Accompanied By Hand Selected Fine Wines, Lagers & Craft Ales, Brought To You Within A Relaxed & Friendly Environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
TNQ Restaurant & Bar - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
TNQ Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since 24 November 2013
fit for foodies (49)special occasions (45)romance (33)business meals (25)pre/post theatre (23)group bookings (20)outstanding value (20)sunday lunch (19)brunch (18)good vegetarian options (13)outdoor eating (11)child friendly (6)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Great food as alwaysWolfyDined on 15/11/2014This was my 3rd visit to TNQ and I visited with my family for my stepsons 19th birthday. The menu choices, wine and food were all excellent and simply could not be faulted. The waiters were all really lovely and knowledgeable. Some members of my party felt that the service was a bit slow but I was in no rush so didn't notice it myself. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for the food, wine, ambience and its super location which is slap bang in the middle of the Northern Quarter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/11/2014Has a meal with friends last Friday. The service was brilliant and the food was fabulous. The menu is not extensive but that is what we all liked about it. The portions are really good and we were all extremely impressed. Will be going back and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday lunchduderhodesDined on 9/11/2014Thoroughly enjoyed a delicious Sunday lunch . Great food and service and excellent location for a stroll around the Northern QuarterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceLivetoeatnoteattoliveDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner at TNQ. The food and drinks were amazing, every bite was delicious and we left feeling very satisfied. To top it all off the service was outstanding. The guys were so happy to help and have a laugh. Especially when our visiting friend from America asked for the whole menu to be explained to her ! The staff were patient and kind and joined in our jokes. We had such a lovely time and would definitely come back.Special Features:
- freddieDined on 5/11/2014Really enjoyed our meeting at TNQ. Very inviting menu - wasn't sure what to choose but we all enjoyed what we had.Special Features:
- Fairly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/10/2014The food we had was good, but nothing amazing. For the price we were paying for dishes on the a la carte menu i was expecting something outstanding, but all the food was just ok and i felt i could have cooked something better myself without much problem.
- 4 went to TNQ for Saturday dinnerGoodayDined on 4/10/2014The cheese soufle was a sloppy mess. My sea bream was overwhelmed by a rich tomato sauce. The special chicken was bland. It was reasonably expensive; £200 for 2 courses each and 3 bottles of wine. However, the staff were reasonably attentive.
- Hidden gemTinaDined on 3/10/2014Great food with a well-balanced menu. Service warm and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandafoodieDined on 20/9/2014Innovative food, good service, shame about noise levels- would benefit from design rethink to reduce hard surfaces and make it easier to converse with friends during mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite MustPJALFIEDined on 13/9/2014The TNQ restaurant was a great night out. the staff were knowledgeable about the food and gave excellent service. It was good for being able to chat and we didnt feel cramped which is great on a Saturday night in Manchester. The menu choices were excellent and great vale. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect balanceFooodieDined on 23/8/2014The chef knows his food and loves delivering taste with stylish presentation. From favourites to specials the choice is broad enough to make choosing a delicious conundrum. You will be bound to get food envy because everything is a good choice. The staff are warm and welcoming, but efficient and attentive. You will feel looked after by caring people who love to ensure your happiness. It's in a trendy spot, so it's great for the cool factor and people watching. Punches well above it's weight!Special Features:
- Good food at a good priceGaryDined on 17/8/2014Quality Sunday lunch was had. We ate late on Sunday afternoon , 17:30, and the restaurant was practically empty so no real ambiance and due to the acoustics of the room I can imagine it to be very noisy when full. This is the first time I have been and would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Great valuewaltDined on 9/8/2014Good food at a great price. Restaurant small and simply furnished. Quiet when we dined as it was late afternoon but busy later. Had the express menu which was simple well cooked food.Special Features:
- Northern QuarterMiddleagedmuncherDined on 8/8/2014Very good service, excellent food, decent wine reasonably priced, a bit noisy on the evening we visited. Menu is refreshingly different. Will go again.Special Features:
- CBW01Dined on 7/8/2014This was my first visit to TNQ Restaurant Bar & I was very pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent and food fabulous. I will definitely be visiting here again & have already recommended it to friends & family.Special Features:
- Great foodMoominDined on 24/7/2014The food was outstanding i wish the service had been a little more in line not great which is a shameI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/7/2014Really enjoyed the evening, good location, unique, comfortable, classy ambience, informal feel to the place. Adequate range if food choices, good quality dishes and flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday Lunch Ever!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/7/2014Had such a great experience here on Sunday. We were in Manchester as it was my birthday weekend. We did not have any idea where to go for Sunday lunch. I had read some good reviews about this restaurant and was definitely not disappointed. The food was outstanding and a perfect Sunday lunch in my opinion. The service was also fantastic. I mentioned it was my birthday when I got there and was given a free glass of fizz to celebrate. Staff were very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Food with a twistBusinessDinersDined on 19/7/2014Dinner for my wife and I. She'd never been anywhere in the Northern Quarter so I booked us in for Saturday night. Arrived early and seated straight away. An interesting if small menu selection and good wines. Had the suckling pig starter which was potted pork and delicious it was. I then had the lamb which was a trio of cuts and all deliciously cooked. My wife had a chicken started and then the steak which was good and tender and full of flavour. Washed down with a very nice NZ Pinot Noir. Would go back.Special Features:
- A lovely lunchGudfoodwelcomeDined on 19/7/2014We enjoyed the 2 courses for £13.95 menu which is served until 6pm even on Saturday .The choice was excellent. I had the chicken confit starter which was lovely. My main course was Scottish mussels which were delightful. The menu explains where the food is sourced. The staff were pleasant. Will definitely be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food with Eclectic DashSalamanca1812Dined on 15/7/2014Interesting and varied menu with some unusual combinations (sea bass ceviche served with chilli popcorn). Our party of eight was uniforrnly delighted with their food with, perhaps, Barry Pugh's Suckling Pig picked out for especial praise. Service was friendly and efficient. The only small gripe was the long delay between ordering and the first course being served but patience is necessary for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shall return.PaulaPDined on 10/7/2014Finally ate here after recommendation from friends & was not disappointed. The food was of excellent standard & value - just wish we'd come sooner. We will be back.; often !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like?BluemoonerDined on 25/6/2014This was my third visit to TNQ and I shall definitely be back. Anywhere that serves Sweetbreads does it for me! Seriously, this restaurant is very, very good from the moment you walk through the door you are looked after by friendly staff and served good, beautifuly cooked food. I shall definitely keep coming back.Special Features:
- Expensive and lackingDavethediner1Dined on 14/6/2014I eat out a lot and thought that we would give this place another try ,in my opinion the service attitude was poor,the quantity of food was miniscule and it was extremely expensive.i think this place needs to take a look at itself and decide what it wants to be ,high end dining or a bistro, its neither of those at the moment ,we went 8.30 on a saturday night and it was only half full at best. I will not be visiting again unless things change and i would suggest the owners take a bit more interest in how the restaurant runs.
- Good food, overpricedNewsmonkeyDined on 21/5/2014A perfectly nice venue but on the day we visited they were also running a bar outside Smithfield Market. Perhaps this spread the staff too thinly, but for our entire meal (starter and main) we were only offered drinks when we first sat down. Impossible to get the staff's attention; one behind bar, one taking orders and one running in and out fetching glasses. It all felt a bit like the diners were secondary to the BBQ/bar outside. Food was wonderful, if lacking imagination, but for the price (on the very high side) you'd expect outstanding service, and on this front TNQ failed to deliver.Special Features:
- Benefits from its locationbeanDined on 3/5/2014We ate on a Saturday night, TNQ was lively, the streets were buzzing and the area is of great historical and contemporary interest. In isolation the food is ok but overpriced, nothing special but served with enthusiasm by a good team. Service was quick and efficient. As a package, for visitors to that area of Manchester for the first time, it is a good experience. For value, there are many other eateries within walking distance which can probably offer more for less. We went because of its entry in the Good Food Guide and that was probably earned by the focus on "regional dishes". Black pudding popped up in the most unlikely places and many dishes have interesting names. Only the diner can decide if that is worth the price premium!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/4/2014We had seen this restaurant on Living Social, we booked for the Lunchtime express menu, it wasn't very busy, but the atmosphere was still good. The food was tasty, definitely good value for money and the service was impeccable. My only slight criticism was the place was a little chilly.Special Features:
- Great service. Great food.WonderbearDined on 30/3/2014Great service. Great food. Went for Mother's day and was really happy with the occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic little restaurant!!FoodieukDined on 8/3/2014Absolutely amazing food, service, ambience...whole experience was brilliant. We dined off a la carte as we had a voucher and everything was lovely although the express menu also looked divine! Will definitely be recommending this restaurant and will be sure to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice - why so empty?asianmazeDined on 8/3/2014A friend and I had lunch here before going to the theatre. We thought it was superb value - £32 each including service. Considering we had a bottle of wine, olives and bread as an appetiser (and there was a lot) followed by a main course and a pudding plus coffee - we were astounded. Main courses were large too - my mussels came with frites and more of their own lovely bread. My friend's pie was excellent but she was over-whelmed by the massive amount of chips. Creme brulee and an excellent crumble finished our meal. We staggered out, ready to fall asleep in the theatre. If only there had been a few more people there just to create a little more atmosphere it would have been nigh on perfect. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great FoodGreatfoodDined on 1/3/2014Great ambience, staff very friendly and food excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeKathrynDidsDined on 27/2/2014Food was great, service was exceptional, the lunch deal was great value, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a lovely valentines meal...EdollyDined on 15/2/2014Fab food brill value n lovely staff... Defo go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday lunchLuvgoodfoodDined on 26/1/2014Good choice of starters I had pork terrine with pickled shallots and cornichons which was delicious. Roast beef and all the trimmings was excellent and huge portion. Good choice of desserts recommend the cheese board. Great value and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy and welcomingPeteDined on 25/1/2014We chose our first ever visit to TNQ for a Saturday evening meal after a matinee at The Palace Theatre and it was just what we were looking for. A welcoming restaurant, friendly staff and good food. We couldn't really fault them for these things and we're glad that we had booked a table as maybe 12 or so times during our meal they had to apologise to "walk in" customers that they were fully booked. If we had to pick faults, the menu is perhaps a little brief and we felt they were a little cheeky adding 10% (£9) service charge to our bill. We would had left a very good tip anyway as we were pleased with everything. It is just the principle. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereKkll1978Dined on 11/1/2014Lovely evening. We've been here before but a long time ago. Food was absolutely outstanding and our waitress was really attentive. Just one issue was that our food sat on the side waiting to be served to us while several staff walked past. Hence it wasn't as warm as it could have been. Would definitely recommend however.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceDaveMacDined on 20/12/2013Had a very enjoyable dinner in a packed TNQ with super friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent food!JTrafDined on 13/12/2013TNQ is one of the few restaurants where vegeterian and meat-lovers can have a peaceful night with excellent food! The restaurant tends to be a bit noisy and the wine selection a bit expensive but the food and service compensates for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatre meal.phil39Dined on 13/12/2013Very busy but very good service and a lovely meal. The fish main was delightful all in all a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TNQthecriticDined on 12/12/2013This is Manchester's outstanding restaurant for modern British cooking. The menu is excellent and the schedule of themed events such as Game Night is exciting and clever. I want this place to continue to thrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.