Trishna - London
15 - 17 Blandford Street
London, W1U 3DGNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
Trishna - London
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trishnalondon.com/
- Phone: 02079355624x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sat: 12:00pm - 2.30pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Sun: 12:30pm - 3:00pm, 6:30pm - 9.30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Karam Sethi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trishna - London
With its smart location just off of Marylebone High Street, Trishna is miles away from the original Mumbai restaurant known for its exquisite seafood. The London offshoot is a contemporary space that combines marble, exposed brickwork, oak and glass to create an elegant but unpretentious dining room. Head Chef Rohit Ghai, uses only the best British produce and a focus on Indian coastal cuisine. An extensive list of fine wines compiled by Sommelier Sunaina Sethi, complete this flawless dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Trishna - London - Best restaurants in Marylebone ›
Trishna - London reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since 2 June 2014
fit for foodies (63)special occasions (42)good vegetarian options (42)business meals (36)romance (23)sunday lunch (19)outstanding value (14)pre/post theatre (13)group bookings (11)brunch (8)outdoor eating (4)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Stylish traditional indian cuisinegreedygregorDined on 26/9/2014The staff were as slick and stylish as the decor- the food was subtly flavoured in rustic yet almost colonial style. The staff were very accomodating. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:
- nycOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 23/9/2014we are in india for several months each year we were so looking forward to dinner here having been to trishna in mumbai many times we like it alright but were disappointed with the quality given price and comparable places in london
- Best Indian Food of my lifehlmandhpDined on 22/9/2014I came here with my girlfriend for our two year anniversary, and went for the seven course food and wine pairing option. The sommelier and the chef clearly know their trades extremely well, and worked together to make an amazing meal. The explanations of the reasons for why a specific wine was chosen for the specific course was very good and demonstrated an extraordinary level of care/service and attention to detail when putting together the menu. For something different to the traditional modern european cuisine, and for special occasions, I cannot recommend the restaurant enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodSimonMissendenDined on 19/9/2014I went to Trishna with two friends. We chose the 5 course tasting menu with the accompanying flight of wine. The food was outstanding and the wines were a lovely complement. Top dish for me was a Tandoori Salmon with a dill cream, though the lamb curry for our main course was succulent and delicious. On arrival we moved table as the more modern part of the restaurant was very noisy and hard to hear one another - a problem with the acoustics rather than a reflection on the other diners. We were moved to another table in the other half of the restaurant which could benefit from a bit of a makeover. We had to ask them to slow down the delivery of dishes - maybe a reflection of their normal business diner who needs to get a move on.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingNYCHOTPILOTDined on 18/9/2014Both food and service is just about average. While all very polite but tend to swarm over guests. Ordered 1/2 bottle of wine and requested time before main course. A minute later a waiter came by asking me if I was ready. Followed by one more 2mts later! If the purpose was to turn the table for the next guest it did not make sense as I was 30 minutes early. Earlier I had called to ask if I could come 30mts late and was told that it was fine provided I left by 8 as the table had been booked for 8:15 which got me to the restaurant early. When I did order the main course - prawn kerala style - it came out in less than five minutes! It had a distinctively non-fresh taste to it.
- Brilliant lunch option for clientsshamusDined on 15/9/2014Had the set express lunch at £18 each which was amazing value and included a glass of lovely Indian wine chosen by the Somelier to match the food. Had the haldi squid which was delightful in a very light crispy batter - cooked to perfection. Guest had the aloo chat - which one of the best I have ever tasted. For main course we had the lamb and prawns - both packed full of flavours and not oily like most other indian restaurants. Guest totally loved the food and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- good menu and deal at lunchMonkeyVIPDined on 12/9/2014good value for money with the exprees lunch. and also fair prices for inclusive of wine. good flavours and good varied menu disappointing coffeeSpecial Features:
- Indian treatPeteDined on 1/9/2014First time I've tried the early evening menu at Trishna, and very pleased. Excellent dishes, and even showed the flexibility to prepare one of our favourites from the 'lunch bites' menu. Impeccable service as always, and good value by London standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menurs5000Dined on 30/8/2014I went with friends, all had the 7 course tasting menu and I had the seafood tasting menu. Great variety of food, good serviceSpecial Features:
- A great IndianSquirrelDined on 24/8/2014Had the tasting menu here one Sunday evening. The food was pretty good. The tiger prawn curry was nothing special but tasty enough - just not tiger prawns, and a bit too creamy. Duck kebab - difficult to tell it was duck, but it was tasty. Could have done with being a wee bit smaller in order to leave space for the rest of the meal, esp the cardamom kheer which was really delicious.Special Features:
- Generally GoodDaveCDined on 24/8/2014Food was good, but not as good as I hoped. KERALA JHEENGA CURRY was nicely balanced taste wise, but the prawns were tiny.BHARLI VANGI was great. TULSI SCALLOPS were a little bland, but perfectly cooked. The TANDOORI LAMB CHOPS were brilliant. I have to say, my original intent was to have the tasting menu, however our friends chose ala carte. I may return to try the tasting menu. I misread the wine menu, the wines by the glass have three prices (increasing), I assumed the third price was for a bottle. So therefore was a little shocked that the actual bottle price for a Greek Viognier was 40 instead of 25..I expressed a little annoyance, and the maitre d' 'almost' offered to adjust the bill, He didn't though! My mistake though!Special Features:
- WonderfullzonDined on 23/8/2014Amazing , interesting food , lovely service and ambience . Great value for what it is . Will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud but good foodDuck21Dined on 22/8/2014Food was lovely but our ears were ringing when we left the restaurant as it was very loud with no muffling of acoustics in the room we were sitting. Unfortunately this meant we couldn't enjoy our evening out and left the restaurant far earlier than we would have if we could converse with each other. Apparently, they will be addressing the problem later this year though. Another thing to take note of is the food portions. They are quite large so be wary of over-ordering.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hail TrishnaCavyVIPDined on 21/8/2014Beautiful food and wine as ever - Indian food like you have never had it. Especially liked the new lunch menu.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsPegertegDined on 7/8/2014Whenever my work colleagues want to have a sit down and lovely meal for a special occasion we always think of Trishna. The food and the service in this restaurant is outstanding and we always enjoy our time there. The sea bream starter is a particular favourite amongst our group, but for me the Kori Gassi [chicken drumsticks, Mangalorean spices, coconut] is my ideal choice.Special Features:
- GoodNJSinlondonDined on 4/8/2014Food was good. If I hadn't expected Michelin, it would have been better. Expensive. Tasting menu is large. We could have shared one or gotten one and an alacarte dish. Liked appetizers more than main.Special Features:
- Very good table.TrevigianoVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wondeful Indian kitchen, perfectly cooked in a simple place.Special Features:
- TrishnaeddieDined on 29/7/2014We had an amazing special meal at Trishna. The 'early evening' menu was delicious (there were 2 of us so we had every option!) and more than enough for us both. It was varied and interesting with each dish a true speciality. We loved the whole experience. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sloppyjoeDined on 23/7/2014Food and ambience delightful. Service good, and especially thoughtful in respect of the two young children in our party.Special Features:
- Very Good againThePirateDined on 20/7/2014A most enjoyable Sunday lunch in a buzzy ambience. The Trishna Seafood salad was as great as last time being a wonderful blend of flavours and textures. So was the wonderful Chilean pinot noir, served slightly chilled on a very warm day. The place had a nice feel to it with the front opened up on a summer's afternoon and it was deservedly busy. The one downside was that I had a bit of a stand off with the waiter when he tried to seat us at the worst table in the restaurant and I refused, anyway the manager got involved and all ended well. The main course and dessert were enjoyable too with their distinct southern Indian taste. I don't know how I managed 4 courses last time, 3 sufficed and with some left overs for my dog :-), which he likedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly prepared & presentedsloknitrDined on 16/7/2014We had the early evening menu prix fixe - 4 courses, 2 choices for each course. Among the three of us, we had the entire menu. Everything was beautifully prepared and presented. Most of the dishes were fairly spicy, so be prepared for that. There are little dishes of chutneys and /or yogurts to go with each course. Even though we were the early sitting, it was a leisurely, European service. Everything was delicious, but my favorite course was the Aloo Chat starter. The Cardamom Kheer was a lovely ending to the meal - kind of a rice pudding, with fruit and nuts. I brought 2 20 years olds with me and they enjoyed every bite, we did not leave a crumb behind. I look forward to another visit and ordering from the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueKW12Dined on 11/7/2014Have been before and enjoyed excellent food and wine. The lunch deal - three dishes plus glass of wine for £15 - was amazing value. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Express LunchJoannaVVIPDined on 9/7/2014For a midweek day off work, we wanted somewhere for a tasty lunch to start a busy afternoon. For £15, the Express menu allows one to choose from meat, fish or vegetarian, and along with the three small bowls on offer with each menu, there are poppadoms, rice, daal and naan to share, as well as a beer / wine each. This would be good value in a local curry house, but here, we couldn't believe it! The food was absolutely fantastic - it was incredibly tasty and wonderfully presented, with the perfect amount to fill us up for lunch (and we have very healthy appetites!). Overall, I can't recommend this place highly enough - even if one goes for something other than the express lunch, the menu looked incredible, and the quality of food was top.Special Features:
- LunchCurryfanDined on 8/7/2014The lab curry and the fish dishes were excellent. Some of the starters on the lunch menu were a bit disappointing. The wine chosen by the carafe was excellent.
- ttttDined on 6/7/2014An excellent experience. The menu was inventive, balanced and well-designed.Special Features:
- Find another Indian restaurant.skitaosDined on 4/7/2014For the price, we thought it was just okay. It was an over-the-top expensive experience. Having eaten at Babylon Roof Gardens and Chor Bizarre within the same 4 days, this restaurant lacked in comparison,both food-wise and service-wise.
- A bit disappointingBobbimidnightDined on 2/7/2014We had the five course set menu. It was fine but less innovative than expected. Very noisy, however. Expensive as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 29/6/2014i usually do not review restaurants but i will make an exception here. To be honest the food was ok, which is something i have never said about any michelin starred restaurant, but you could get the same flavour and quality from any indian restaurant. i had the utter pleasure of eating at pollen street social, the holder on one michelin star as does Trishna, and to be honest the difference in class was immense. There is nothing special or exceptional at Trishna and i would advise anyone to go to the cheapest indian take out and save your cash for a better experience, i was very underwhelmed as you can probably tell.
- good food, good ambiencewickedposhDined on 29/6/2014food here is good, especially if you like indian food. also ambience here is good, unlike most of indian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Indian food, but not 1*MeribelMaintenanceDined on 5/6/2014Excellent food, nice ambiance, and very friendly service. Price as expected. Food not quite at the level for a Michelin star I thought. Peppered quail, lamb, a mango desert, rice pudding, but the bit for me was a Bloody Mary with cardamon, chillie and ginger. Recommended for a visit.Special Features:
- amrmiroDined on 1/6/2014Great food, good service. Ive been visiting Trishna now for over 3 years and keep going back and enjoy. The indian mustard king Prawn is amazing!Special Features:
- ACDCVIPDined on 29/5/2014This is one of our favourite restaurants but getting harder to book a table since it got a Michelin star! Food is excellent but be warned that most dishes are reasonably spicy. Lunch time set menus great value. Not a huge fan of the new decor which we find a bit dark but that's more personal taste. Service is friendly and efficient. Well worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian innovationJw1201Dined on 27/5/2014Best tasting Indian food had in a long time. Palak Paneeer was superb. The entrees were knockouts. Would certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBostonian1Dined on 13/5/2014Food no longerterribly interesting or flavorful. Particularly disappointed with service: waitstaff seems bored and wine steward impossible to understand and a bit snooty. No longer deserves Michelin recognition.
- In a different league...luncherDined on 9/5/2014In a different league to most Indian restaurants. Consistently exceptional cooking.
- Outrageously goodkirkddsmdDined on 9/5/2014We had the 7 course tasting and were overwhelmed with how incredible each course was. We ordered the wine pairing and were pleasantly surprised at the amount of wine offered. The food was perfectly cooked and highly creative. The standout courses were the soft shell crab and quail. We loved how small and quaint the atmosphere was. Indian food in a Michelin star restaurant is something very unique and special. Without hesitation, I would go back and order each and every item.Special Features:
- Delectable foodKashDined on 6/5/2014Trishna's unassuming outside facade hides an excellent restaurant. The menu specialises in genuine indian style fish dishes and a good range of unusual vegetarian options.. Dishes, like the stuffed aubergine, are properly spiced but not hot and the same applies to other dishes e.g the guinea fowl. Desserts like the carrot halwa come with a twist, an accompanying samosa, and is yummy. The accompanying wine list should suit most tastes. The service is helpful, attentive but discreet. The ambience is acceptable but nothing special. The restaurant has a two hour turnaround policy but they gave us more time. Trishna is not cheap but is good value for that special occasion. We will go back soon.Special Features:
- Upmarket Indian FoodFrickaDined on 19/4/2014Superb tasting menu with a huge variety of flavours. Sensible portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchericaDined on 11/4/2014Really lovely spicy Indian food and a great selection. Plus my favourite wine. I had mentioned we were celebrating a special birthday so I would have expected them to do something via a dessert or similar. So that was disappointing. But we had a lovely mealSpecial Features:
- indian with a differencenina8deeDined on 6/4/2014wonderfully located, beautifully decorated, extensive wine list, good service and excellent food. pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.