Trishna - London
15 - 17 Blandford Street
London, W1U 3DGNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
Trishna - London
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trishnalondon.com/
- Phone: 02079355624x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sat: 12:00pm - 2.30pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Sun: 12:30pm - 3:00pm, 6:30pm - 9.30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Karam Sethi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trishna - London
With its smart location just off of Marylebone High Street, Trishna is miles away from the original Mumbai restaurant known for its exquisite seafood. The London offshoot is a contemporary space that combines marble, exposed brickwork, oak and glass to create an elegant but unpretentious dining room. Head Chef Rohit Ghai, uses only the best British produce and a focus on Indian coastal cuisine. An extensive list of fine wines compiled by Sommelier Sunaina Sethi, complete this flawless dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Trishna - London - Best restaurants in Marylebone ›
Trishna - London reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since 6 May 2014
fit for foodies (63)special occasions (43)good vegetarian options (40)business meals (34)romance (24)sunday lunch (18)outstanding value (16)group bookings (9)pre/post theatre (9)brunch (8)outdoor eating (4)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- A great IndianSquirrelDined on 24/8/2014Had the tasting menu here one Sunday evening. The food was pretty good. The tiger prawn curry was nothing special but tasty enough - just not tiger prawns, and a bit too creamy. Duck kebab - difficult to tell it was duck, but it was tasty. Could have done with being a wee bit smaller in order to leave space for the rest of the meal, esp the cardamom kheer which was really delicious.Special Features:
- Generally GoodDaveCDined on 24/8/2014Food was good, but not as good as I hoped. KERALA JHEENGA CURRY was nicely balanced taste wise, but the prawns were tiny.BHARLI VANGI was great. TULSI SCALLOPS were a little bland, but perfectly cooked. The TANDOORI LAMB CHOPS were brilliant. I have to say, my original intent was to have the tasting menu, however our friends chose ala carte. I may return to try the tasting menu. I misread the wine menu, the wines by the glass have three prices (increasing), I assumed the third price was for a bottle. So therefore was a little shocked that the actual bottle price for a Greek Viognier was 40 instead of 25..I expressed a little annoyance, and the maitre d' 'almost' offered to adjust the bill, He didn't though! My mistake though!Special Features:
- WonderfullzonDined on 23/8/2014Amazing , interesting food , lovely service and ambience . Great value for what it is . Will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud but good foodDuck21Dined on 22/8/2014Food was lovely but our ears were ringing when we left the restaurant as it was very loud with no muffling of acoustics in the room we were sitting. Unfortunately this meant we couldn't enjoy our evening out and left the restaurant far earlier than we would have if we could converse with each other. Apparently, they will be addressing the problem later this year though. Another thing to take note of is the food portions. They are quite large so be wary of over-ordering.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hail TrishnaCavyVIPDined on 21/8/2014Beautiful food and wine as ever - Indian food like you have never had it. Especially liked the new lunch menu.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsPegertegDined on 7/8/2014Whenever my work colleagues want to have a sit down and lovely meal for a special occasion we always think of Trishna. The food and the service in this restaurant is outstanding and we always enjoy our time there. The sea bream starter is a particular favourite amongst our group, but for me the Kori Gassi [chicken drumsticks, Mangalorean spices, coconut] is my ideal choice.Special Features:
- GoodNJSinlondonDined on 4/8/2014Food was good. If I hadn't expected Michelin, it would have been better. Expensive. Tasting menu is large. We could have shared one or gotten one and an alacarte dish. Liked appetizers more than main.Special Features:
- Very good table.TrevigianoVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wondeful Indian kitchen, perfectly cooked in a simple place.Special Features:
- TrishnaeddieDined on 29/7/2014We had an amazing special meal at Trishna. The 'early evening' menu was delicious (there were 2 of us so we had every option!) and more than enough for us both. It was varied and interesting with each dish a true speciality. We loved the whole experience. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sloppyjoeDined on 23/7/2014Food and ambience delightful. Service good, and especially thoughtful in respect of the two young children in our party.Special Features:
- Very Good againThePirateDined on 20/7/2014A most enjoyable Sunday lunch in a buzzy ambience. The Trishna Seafood salad was as great as last time being a wonderful blend of flavours and textures. So was the wonderful Chilean pinot noir, served slightly chilled on a very warm day. The place had a nice feel to it with the front opened up on a summer's afternoon and it was deservedly busy. The one downside was that I had a bit of a stand off with the waiter when he tried to seat us at the worst table in the restaurant and I refused, anyway the manager got involved and all ended well. The main course and dessert were enjoyable too with their distinct southern Indian taste. I don't know how I managed 4 courses last time, 3 sufficed and with some left overs for my dog :-), which he likedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly prepared & presentedsloknitrDined on 16/7/2014We had the early evening menu prix fixe - 4 courses, 2 choices for each course. Among the three of us, we had the entire menu. Everything was beautifully prepared and presented. Most of the dishes were fairly spicy, so be prepared for that. There are little dishes of chutneys and /or yogurts to go with each course. Even though we were the early sitting, it was a leisurely, European service. Everything was delicious, but my favorite course was the Aloo Chat starter. The Cardamom Kheer was a lovely ending to the meal - kind of a rice pudding, with fruit and nuts. I brought 2 20 years olds with me and they enjoyed every bite, we did not leave a crumb behind. I look forward to another visit and ordering from the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueKW12Dined on 11/7/2014Have been before and enjoyed excellent food and wine. The lunch deal - three dishes plus glass of wine for £15 - was amazing value. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Express LunchJoannaVVIPDined on 9/7/2014For a midweek day off work, we wanted somewhere for a tasty lunch to start a busy afternoon. For £15, the Express menu allows one to choose from meat, fish or vegetarian, and along with the three small bowls on offer with each menu, there are poppadoms, rice, daal and naan to share, as well as a beer / wine each. This would be good value in a local curry house, but here, we couldn't believe it! The food was absolutely fantastic - it was incredibly tasty and wonderfully presented, with the perfect amount to fill us up for lunch (and we have very healthy appetites!). Overall, I can't recommend this place highly enough - even if one goes for something other than the express lunch, the menu looked incredible, and the quality of food was top.Special Features:
- LunchCurryfanDined on 8/7/2014The lab curry and the fish dishes were excellent. Some of the starters on the lunch menu were a bit disappointing. The wine chosen by the carafe was excellent.
- ttttDined on 6/7/2014An excellent experience. The menu was inventive, balanced and well-designed.Special Features:
- Find another Indian restaurant.skitaosDined on 4/7/2014For the price, we thought it was just okay. It was an over-the-top expensive experience. Having eaten at Babylon Roof Gardens and Chor Bizarre within the same 4 days, this restaurant lacked in comparison,both food-wise and service-wise.
- A bit disappointingBobbimidnightDined on 2/7/2014We had the five course set menu. It was fine but less innovative than expected. Very noisy, however. Expensive as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 29/6/2014i usually do not review restaurants but i will make an exception here. To be honest the food was ok, which is something i have never said about any michelin starred restaurant, but you could get the same flavour and quality from any indian restaurant. i had the utter pleasure of eating at pollen street social, the holder on one michelin star as does Trishna, and to be honest the difference in class was immense. There is nothing special or exceptional at Trishna and i would advise anyone to go to the cheapest indian take out and save your cash for a better experience, i was very underwhelmed as you can probably tell.
- good food, good ambiencewickedposhDined on 29/6/2014food here is good, especially if you like indian food. also ambience here is good, unlike most of indian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Indian food, but not 1*MeribelMaintenanceDined on 5/6/2014Excellent food, nice ambiance, and very friendly service. Price as expected. Food not quite at the level for a Michelin star I thought. Peppered quail, lamb, a mango desert, rice pudding, but the bit for me was a Bloody Mary with cardamon, chillie and ginger. Recommended for a visit.Special Features:
- amrmiroDined on 1/6/2014Great food, good service. Ive been visiting Trishna now for over 3 years and keep going back and enjoy. The indian mustard king Prawn is amazing!Special Features:
- ACDCVIPDined on 29/5/2014This is one of our favourite restaurants but getting harder to book a table since it got a Michelin star! Food is excellent but be warned that most dishes are reasonably spicy. Lunch time set menus great value. Not a huge fan of the new decor which we find a bit dark but that's more personal taste. Service is friendly and efficient. Well worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian innovationJw1201Dined on 27/5/2014Best tasting Indian food had in a long time. Palak Paneeer was superb. The entrees were knockouts. Would certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBostonian1Dined on 13/5/2014Food no longerterribly interesting or flavorful. Particularly disappointed with service: waitstaff seems bored and wine steward impossible to understand and a bit snooty. No longer deserves Michelin recognition.
- In a different league...luncherDined on 9/5/2014In a different league to most Indian restaurants. Consistently exceptional cooking.
- Outrageously goodkirkddsmdDined on 9/5/2014We had the 7 course tasting and were overwhelmed with how incredible each course was. We ordered the wine pairing and were pleasantly surprised at the amount of wine offered. The food was perfectly cooked and highly creative. The standout courses were the soft shell crab and quail. We loved how small and quaint the atmosphere was. Indian food in a Michelin star restaurant is something very unique and special. Without hesitation, I would go back and order each and every item.Special Features:
- Delectable foodKashDined on 6/5/2014Trishna's unassuming outside facade hides an excellent restaurant. The menu specialises in genuine indian style fish dishes and a good range of unusual vegetarian options.. Dishes, like the stuffed aubergine, are properly spiced but not hot and the same applies to other dishes e.g the guinea fowl. Desserts like the carrot halwa come with a twist, an accompanying samosa, and is yummy. The accompanying wine list should suit most tastes. The service is helpful, attentive but discreet. The ambience is acceptable but nothing special. The restaurant has a two hour turnaround policy but they gave us more time. Trishna is not cheap but is good value for that special occasion. We will go back soon.Special Features:
- Upmarket Indian FoodFrickaDined on 19/4/2014Superb tasting menu with a huge variety of flavours. Sensible portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchericaDined on 11/4/2014Really lovely spicy Indian food and a great selection. Plus my favourite wine. I had mentioned we were celebrating a special birthday so I would have expected them to do something via a dessert or similar. So that was disappointing. But we had a lovely mealSpecial Features:
- indian with a differencenina8deeDined on 6/4/2014wonderfully located, beautifully decorated, extensive wine list, good service and excellent food. pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food! RestaurantKnollandTottDined on 6/4/2014Delicious food! Restaurant had such a noise level so you could hardly hear what your guests said nor what the waiters said. The main waiter wanted you to get ready asap so he had a table free for new guests.
- Great first experienceThePirateDined on 5/4/2014We fancied trying somewhere different for lunch and chose Trishna, being relatively recently Michelin star rated. I must say that we all found the Seafood Salad starter and the Pinot Noir to be sublime. Great use of spice and texture. Personally I would have liked the option of some veg with my main. Staff were very friendly in this comfortably relaxed and informal restaurant. We will return and would recommend it as an alternative to Benares.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, empty restaurantphoeaterDined on 5/4/2014Had the lunch set menu which was great value. Very tasty lamb curry and my friend had the shrimp curry, which came with an assortment of tasty sides. The food was excellent but the lunch was marred somewhat by the experience of being in a completely empty restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. Still, can't fault the restaurant for that and combined with the very friendly service, would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageSG1234VIPDined on 30/3/2014The food was tasty but the restaurant lacked ambience, even on mothers day. We did have one dish brought out to us which was seafood based when it was supposed to be vegetarian - they did rectify the issue but you would think a restaurant of this calibre would get it right first time around - especially when they knew everyone was vegetarian.
- Lunch at TrishnaSpinyfishVIPDined on 29/3/2014Very good lunch at Trishna - Good, generous food and good value
- Tasty and spicyCliveFromWalesDined on 26/3/2014Excellent welcome and genuinely caring service throughout. Great ambiance. Fabulous food - inventive, tasty and delicious - spices and textures. Thank you all at TrishnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very happy to finallyJustineDined on 19/3/2014I was very happy to finally find a Michelin star restaurant that is not French/British food. The dishes were excellent, refined and delicate. The staff was not particularly friendly though. But I had a good night and probably be back.Special Features:
- StandardGP2003Dined on 16/3/2014Took my mum there for her birthday thinking it was a michellin star restaurant and the place looked good on their website. However, when getting there the decor actually just looked like a cafe, deeply disappointed by that. The starters were good but the main was extremely bland and you can't get a specific type of naan bread you wanted, you had to have a mixed basket. The dessert selection was also very poor. Extremely pricey for what you actually get. Whilst the service was good, extremely disappointed!
- Most EnjoyableJeanieWeanieDined on 14/3/2014We were a party of four and we all chose to eat the lunchtime light-bites. We were more than satiated and were all extremely impressed with the food and the service. Everything chosen was extremely delicious but the star of the meal for me was the bream and Kerala prawn curry. We all agreed we would not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.