Tsunami - West End
93 Charlotte street
London, W1T 4PYNeighbourhood:
JapanesePrice: £26 to £40
Tsunami - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tsunamirestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076370050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Ken Sam
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We offer take aways to local businesses as well as well as to the public.
- Private Party Facilities: We cater to local businesses as well as coporate functions. Get in contact with us to discuss what you would require.
- Private Party Contact: Justin 02076370050x
A word from Tsunami - West End
In the heart of the West End, Charlotte Street is home to some of London’s most popular eateries and Tsunami is no exception. This modern Japanese restaurant is a tranquil haven just moments from bustling Soho, so it’s an ideal setting for laid-back lunches and intimate pre-theatre dinners. The interior is cool and contemporary; complete with sleek banquette seating and delicate floral motifs on the walls. The expertly prepared sushi and sashimi will satisfy even the fussiest Japanese food fan and the menu also offers delicious hot dishes. Our favorites include the traditional chicken yakitori; sizzling teriyaki beef; and deliciously crisp black cod tempura with wasabi mayo. For a light and elegant meal in W1, Tsunami is hard to beat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Tsunami - West End - Best restaurants in Fitzrovia ›
Tsunami - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since 30 October 2013
fit for foodies (103)special occasions (97)romance (87)business meals (84)pre/post theatre (69)group bookings (49)outstanding value (33)good vegetarian options (31)brunch (13)outdoor eating (12)sunday lunch (9)disabled access (4)afternoon tea (2)child friendly (2)Show More
- TsunamiTrebor7Dined on 23/10/2014We found this restaurant disappointing. We went to celebrate my daughters birthday - she chose Japanese because she will be going to Japan in the New Year. She has been before but Japan and Japanese food were unfamiliar to me and her mother. Briefly the food was OK but the rather grumpy waiting staff did not discuss or explain. We were put in a somewhat cramped table and I sat on a bench seat with no back which was uncomfortable. I put up with this because one got the impression that the response would be just more grumpiness. I would not go again and - unfairly - I fear it may have put me off dining Japanese for a while.
- Great sushi spotfoodieDined on 17/10/2014Great sushi restaurant in a good location ideally placed for a pre or post theatre meal. We had the seafood tempura, squid (delicious), dynamite tofu and beef, teriyaki chicken and tsunami sushi. All the good was lovely and didn't break the bank! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014Nice selection of roll, sushi...everything consistently goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable ExperienceMuffinDined on 2/10/2014Restaurant looks tired. Tables need upgrading. Food and presentation good but not outstanding. Value for money - although London do tend to have a premium - VFM was not so good.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualMbrogersVIPDined on 29/9/201440% off food was handy to, grilled scallops for starters were very goodSpecial Features:
- very goodashtreeDined on 25/9/2014Food was excellent, service was unobtrusive, seats just not that comfortable when matched to tables.
- Reliably tasty & freshly preparedHungryGhostDined on 23/9/2014Ambience not great compared to the Clapham restaurant. Slightly too-close tables and would have liked to be offered alternative seating. Food great value because of offer. Best dishes black cod, duck, aubergine starter and tuna/salmon salad. Would come again, but only with offer. Service pleasant and not intrusive. They need some help with ambience, it was a touch too stark and did not compliment the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi I've found in LondonSpannavisionDined on 16/9/2014The outside and decor could probably do with some sprucing but this is the closest I've got to a good sushi restaurant in London that doesn't charge you the world (a la Nobu, etc...). Highly recommend getting a bit creative with your ordering and do not miss out on the Volcano Dragon Roll - worth all its hype. I will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Sushi fixSupsinthecityDined on 12/9/2014My heart was set on sushi and I found great reviews for Tsunami and a good deal (though I don't think we took advantage of it). The sushi wasn't the best I've ever had but it was good. Their other dishes very very good. Loved the chilli edamame for appetiser and the deep friend baby octopus.The Tempura was gorgeous and you cannot go to Tsunami without trying their Miso Cod. The atmosphere is very cosy and the staff friendly.Special Features:
- TsunamicmooDined on 2/9/2014Excellent meal, and excellent value with 40% off food special early evening offer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousSharonaDined on 29/8/2014Tuna with truffle mayo. Wow. Cod. Delicious. Cocktails fabulous. Couldn't stop eating....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneryolenisisDined on 27/8/2014I took my daughter here for her birthday, which was on the day, and I mentioned this when I booked thru Open table, so it was a special occasion for us. We got a nice quite table and the service started off good…until a large group of 12 people arrived. Then service and attention went out the window. The food was good and presentation lovely, but it was spoilt by the lack of attention, as we had to try and catch someone attention while they were all dancing around this big group. No acknowledgement of the birthday, usually at any restaurant there is SOMETHING, even just a ball of vanilla ice cream at the end of the meal. I felt bad for my daughter, but what can one do?! Then they presumptuously add 12,5% tip!! Outrageous if you ask me!!Special Features:
- EmziDined on 26/8/2014Great food and great service. Really good recommendations from the waitress. Very impressed and am sure we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodBrianDined on 22/8/2014Having previously enjoyed the £50 per person tasting menu, we were initially disappointed that it was not included in the top table offer. However, we ordered some of the same dishes from the a la carte menu and found that the portions were much bigger! We probably ended up over ordering, but couldn't bare to leave a morsel - the food is exceptional - the black cod and the beef in truffle sauce are both to die for. Both the waiter and waitress were charming. Not a cheap venue, but good value considering the quality of the food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- JustlauzDined on 18/8/2014Great sushi as usual fast service and good value with the 40% offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value!GoodfoodDined on 5/8/2014We had a 40% off discount but even without that it was pretty cheap! Sushi and sashimi was yummy!! I found the decor quite nice but it was rather cold for my liking.. However lighting was great and I felt it was a really really great last minute booking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good value with discountNyuszikaDined on 5/8/2014The food here is good and the service is also good. With the discount 40% for early dining, it's good value. We ate for £20 a head including tea and sake.
- Beautifully presented and exquisiteCake4TDined on 1/8/2014The food here is absolutely amazing; you must try the Takoyaki and dragon volcano roll (very large dish, best to share) I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value at 40%ben83Dined on 29/7/2014Really hard to beat if you don't mind eating early. Imagine I wouldn't feel the same at full price however. Good service good food.Special Features:
- amazing foodKB78Dined on 28/7/2014I went there on a Monday and we had 40% off a la cart from orders before 7pm. The food that we were served did not lack in its volume or quality (as some restaurants do when they have offers) I recommend the dragon roll and wagyu beef and fois gras nigiri. I will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okay....GoodEatsDined on 28/7/2014Went to Tsunami with pretty high expectations based on previous reviews. The first thing I noticed was the lack of air circulation in the restaurant which gave the room a very mild, almost like rotten seafood kind of smell. The decor was pleasing and so were the staff. Very friendly and attentive service from everyone who passed through our table. The food itself though was disappointing. Among the items we ordered was the award-winning dragon volcano roll, which was covered in a thick layer of creamy stuff and a bit greasy. May give the place another try in the future and sit outside, but unfortunately this first experience was not what I'd hoped for.
- Great food but too priceyjt84Dined on 26/7/2014The food was delicious especially the black cod. The waiters were attentive too but perhaps because it was 1/3rd full at 7pm on a Satuday.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerNewWTVIPDined on 24/7/2014The food was excellent. The service was friendly and efficient. The prices were reasonable on the opentable deal.Special Features:
- Very nicenicknameDined on 22/7/2014Very nice Japanese meal - excellent value with the offerSpecial Features:
- Quality of foodAphroditeDined on 21/7/2014The good was really good with original menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lamb Cutlets and DrinksRiasDined on 19/7/2014Went to Tsunami for an early Saturday dinner and had a great experience. Sushi was fresh and Lamb cutlets were lovely. The staff were very attentive and even googled a cocktail that we wanted but they didn't have on the menu.. and made it for us!! Will def come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yum yumcwo1978Dined on 18/7/2014Great food and service. The volcano dish (their award winner) was delicious. A nice evening out with friends !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceNommingtonSmytheDined on 17/7/2014My partner and I spent a wonderful summers evening dining at Tsunami. The food was excellent, fresh and flavoursome. In particular the chili squid, which was to die for. The girl serving us was full of fun and banter and made our experience that extra bit special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, brilliant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 15/7/2014We went pre theatre for a meal and the place was buzzing already. The food was excellent, the service was really attentive without being intrusive The quality of the food was top notchSpecial Features:
- disappointingGastroGirlDined on 11/7/2014tasting menu was poor value - tiny portions and most of it pre-packaged and pre-made. very disappointed this time round.
- ImpressiveJoelDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful from start to finish, generous portions and perfect service. Very good value when compared with places like Matsuri St James, which is also great. Tempura was crisp and sushi very well prepared. I would personally recommend the yellow tail tartare which was very fresh and wonderfully seasoned. Cocktails tasted great and in good quantity. The restaurant were turning people away constantly, which always makes a dinner feel good :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great service!TaylorDined on 8/7/2014Lovely place with a great chilled atmosphere and a great service.Special Features:
- BobbyDined on 5/7/2014Very good japanese food: traditional dishes and sashimi. Good value for money, yet a minus as their offers 10/20%/40% off during certain hours are not quite transparent. Friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dragon VolcanoEmmsDined on 4/7/2014I have been to Tsunami a few times, from catch ups with mates to business lunches and even romantic dinners. Food has been consistent every time with the signature Dragon Volcano roll leaving the very best impression - I actually crave it at the very thought of it. At £25 for sushi rolls it's not cheap but it's wonderous and filling, and big enough to share (although I struggle letting anyone get their chopsticks on it). Wine list is great, main courses are generous, overall a treat and a good spot for sushi.Special Features:
- excellent with the deal!pophileDined on 1/7/2014We had lovely evening, service was attentive. Food were AMAZING! Would be a bit pricey without the deal. Would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:
- superb mealYummyDined on 30/6/2014Top quality and delicious food. Had a great meal and evening and will definitely go back again soon. Very good value with the 40% off food offer.Special Features:
- 20% offer at Tsunami, Thu eveNL13Dined on 26/6/2014Agedashi tofu and tempura batter was light, dashi was good. Gyoza were nice, although on the squidgier side. Wasabi cream chicken was unusual and tasty, wasabi not overpowering. Other mains went down well. Our sashimi selection was initially forgotten about, but came pretty quickly after we questioned the staff, and the fish was cut quite generously. Staff were initially very attentive; restaurant was busier towards the end of our stay.
- RamboDined on 26/6/2014Good food generally but salad soaked in sauce and dessert a major disappointment; tasteless green tea ice-cream and the chocolate fondant average. The best aspect was the outstanding service delivered by Alexandre from Rumania.Special Features:
- Interesting and tastyNikkiRDined on 26/6/2014The service was friendly and the food was tasty. Portions are not huge, but the offer gives you an excuse to order more.Special Features:
- I keep coming back .......KickiDined on 17/6/2014and I never get disappointed with the food, drinks and service, this place makes delicious sushi and I can highly recommend it to sushi lovers. With the opentable offer it makes it even more worth going.Special Features: