Tsunami - West End
93 Charlotte street
London, W1T 4PYNeighborhood:
JapanesePrice: £26 to £40
Tsunami - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tsunamirestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076370050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Ken Sam
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We offer take aways to local businesses as well as well as to the public.
- Private Party Facilities: We cater to local businesses as well as coporate functions. Get in contact with us to discuss what you would require.
- Private Party Contact: Justin 02076370050x
A word from Tsunami - West End
In the heart of the West End, Charlotte Street is home to some of London’s most popular eateries and Tsunami is no exception. This modern Japanese restaurant is a tranquil haven just moments from bustling Soho, so it’s an ideal setting for laid-back lunches and intimate pre-theatre dinners. The interior is cool and contemporary; complete with sleek banquette seating and delicate floral motifs on the walls. The expertly prepared sushi and sashimi will satisfy even the fussiest Japanese food fan and the menu also offers delicious hot dishes. Our favorites include the traditional chicken yakitori; sizzling teriyaki beef; and deliciously crisp black cod tempura with wasabi mayo. For a light and elegant meal in W1, Tsunami is hard to beat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Tsunami - West End - Best restaurants in Fitzrovia ›
Tsunami - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since 6 May 2014
fit for foodies (120)special occasions (114)romance (97)business meals (92)pre/post theatre (77)group bookings (57)outstanding value (34)good vegetarian options (33)brunch (18)outdoor eating (14)sunday lunch (12)disabled access (4)afternoon tea (2)child friendly (2)Show More
- Birthday dinneryolenisisDined on 27/8/2014I took my daughter here for her birthday, which was on the day, and I mentioned this when I booked thru Open table, so it was a special occasion for us. We got a nice quite table and the service started off good…until a large group of 12 people arrived. Then service and attention went out the window. The food was good and presentation lovely, but it was spoilt by the lack of attention, as we had to try and catch someone attention while they were all dancing around this big group. No acknowledgement of the birthday, usually at any restaurant there is SOMETHING, even just a ball of vanilla ice cream at the end of the meal. I felt bad for my daughter, but what can one do?! Then they presumptuously add 12,5% tip!! Outrageous if you ask me!!Special Features:
- EmziDined on 26/8/2014Great food and great service. Really good recommendations from the waitress. Very impressed and am sure we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodBrianDined on 22/8/2014Having previously enjoyed the £50 per person tasting menu, we were initially disappointed that it was not included in the top table offer. However, we ordered some of the same dishes from the a la carte menu and found that the portions were much bigger! We probably ended up over ordering, but couldn't bare to leave a morsel - the food is exceptional - the black cod and the beef in truffle sauce are both to die for. Both the waiter and waitress were charming. Not a cheap venue, but good value considering the quality of the food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- JustlauzDined on 18/8/2014Great sushi as usual fast service and good value with the 40% offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value!GoodfoodDined on 5/8/2014We had a 40% off discount but even without that it was pretty cheap! Sushi and sashimi was yummy!! I found the decor quite nice but it was rather cold for my liking.. However lighting was great and I felt it was a really really great last minute booking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good value with discountNyuszikaDined on 5/8/2014The food here is good and the service is also good. With the discount 40% for early dining, it's good value. We ate for £20 a head including tea and sake.
- Beautifully presented and exquisiteCake4TDined on 1/8/2014The food here is absolutely amazing; you must try the Takoyaki and dragon volcano roll (very large dish, best to share) I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value at 40%ben83Dined on 29/7/2014Really hard to beat if you don't mind eating early. Imagine I wouldn't feel the same at full price however. Good service good food.Special Features:
- amazing foodKB78Dined on 28/7/2014I went there on a Monday and we had 40% off a la cart from orders before 7pm. The food that we were served did not lack in its volume or quality (as some restaurants do when they have offers) I recommend the dragon roll and wagyu beef and fois gras nigiri. I will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okay....GoodEatsDined on 28/7/2014Went to Tsunami with pretty high expectations based on previous reviews. The first thing I noticed was the lack of air circulation in the restaurant which gave the room a very mild, almost like rotten seafood kind of smell. The decor was pleasing and so were the staff. Very friendly and attentive service from everyone who passed through our table. The food itself though was disappointing. Among the items we ordered was the award-winning dragon volcano roll, which was covered in a thick layer of creamy stuff and a bit greasy. May give the place another try in the future and sit outside, but unfortunately this first experience was not what I'd hoped for.
- Great food but too priceyjt84Dined on 26/7/2014The food was delicious especially the black cod. The waiters were attentive too but perhaps because it was 1/3rd full at 7pm on a Satuday.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerNewWTDined on 24/7/2014The food was excellent. The service was friendly and efficient. The prices were reasonable on the opentable deal.Special Features:
- Very nicenicknameDined on 22/7/2014Very nice Japanese meal - excellent value with the offerSpecial Features:
- Quality of foodAphroditeDined on 21/7/2014The good was really good with original menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lamb Cutlets and DrinksRiasDined on 19/7/2014Went to Tsunami for an early Saturday dinner and had a great experience. Sushi was fresh and Lamb cutlets were lovely. The staff were very attentive and even googled a cocktail that we wanted but they didn't have on the menu.. and made it for us!! Will def come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yum yumcwo1978Dined on 18/7/2014Great food and service. The volcano dish (their award winner) was delicious. A nice evening out with friends !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceNommingtonSmytheDined on 17/7/2014My partner and I spent a wonderful summers evening dining at Tsunami. The food was excellent, fresh and flavoursome. In particular the chili squid, which was to die for. The girl serving us was full of fun and banter and made our experience that extra bit special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, brilliant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 15/7/2014We went pre theatre for a meal and the place was buzzing already. The food was excellent, the service was really attentive without being intrusive The quality of the food was top notchSpecial Features:
- disappointingGastroGirlDined on 11/7/2014tasting menu was poor value - tiny portions and most of it pre-packaged and pre-made. very disappointed this time round.
- ImpressiveJoelDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful from start to finish, generous portions and perfect service. Very good value when compared with places like Matsuri St James, which is also great. Tempura was crisp and sushi very well prepared. I would personally recommend the yellow tail tartare which was very fresh and wonderfully seasoned. Cocktails tasted great and in good quantity. The restaurant were turning people away constantly, which always makes a dinner feel good :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great service!TaylorDined on 8/7/2014Lovely place with a great chilled atmosphere and a great service.Special Features:
- BobbyDined on 5/7/2014Very good japanese food: traditional dishes and sashimi. Good value for money, yet a minus as their offers 10/20%/40% off during certain hours are not quite transparent. Friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dragon VolcanoEmmsDined on 4/7/2014I have been to Tsunami a few times, from catch ups with mates to business lunches and even romantic dinners. Food has been consistent every time with the signature Dragon Volcano roll leaving the very best impression - I actually crave it at the very thought of it. At £25 for sushi rolls it's not cheap but it's wonderous and filling, and big enough to share (although I struggle letting anyone get their chopsticks on it). Wine list is great, main courses are generous, overall a treat and a good spot for sushi.Special Features:
- excellent with the deal!pophileDined on 1/7/2014We had lovely evening, service was attentive. Food were AMAZING! Would be a bit pricey without the deal. Would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:
- superb mealYummyDined on 30/6/2014Top quality and delicious food. Had a great meal and evening and will definitely go back again soon. Very good value with the 40% off food offer.Special Features:
- 20% offer at Tsunami, Thu eveNL13Dined on 26/6/2014Agedashi tofu and tempura batter was light, dashi was good. Gyoza were nice, although on the squidgier side. Wasabi cream chicken was unusual and tasty, wasabi not overpowering. Other mains went down well. Our sashimi selection was initially forgotten about, but came pretty quickly after we questioned the staff, and the fish was cut quite generously. Staff were initially very attentive; restaurant was busier towards the end of our stay.
- RamboDined on 26/6/2014Good food generally but salad soaked in sauce and dessert a major disappointment; tasteless green tea ice-cream and the chocolate fondant average. The best aspect was the outstanding service delivered by Alexandre from Rumania.Special Features:
- Interesting and tastyNikkiRDined on 26/6/2014The service was friendly and the food was tasty. Portions are not huge, but the offer gives you an excuse to order more.Special Features:
- I keep coming back .......KickiDined on 17/6/2014and I never get disappointed with the food, drinks and service, this place makes delicious sushi and I can highly recommend it to sushi lovers. With the opentable offer it makes it even more worth going.Special Features:
- Excellent value 40% offben83Dined on 16/6/2014Had a really enjoyable meal again at this place. Have been back a number of times and will keep coming back whilst the 40% offer is on. Not sure if I would want to pay full price as it would be very expensive otherwise.Special Features:
- Good advice, delicious foodknightriderDined on 14/6/2014Waiter was very helpful with advice on meal choice and quantity. Food was delicious particularly prawn starter and volcano sauce. Would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, delicious food...MikeDined on 14/6/2014Excellent food (the tempura was fantastic), and the service prompt, polite and friendly. The cocktail menu was very varied and way above the standard cocktails you see everywhere with japanese ingredients along with traditional ones. The only quibble (and a minor one), is that the waiting staff were very prompt at removing empty plates and dishes (we felt they were hovering over us a bit) but this could be that the table was quite small and we ordered quite a few dishes. Overall definately go back here - if only for the cocktails ...!Special Features:
- TsunamiGeoffersVIPDined on 10/6/2014Excellent value when using the 40% off food offer. Service excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty varietyGoldenAgeDined on 9/6/2014Took the little plates approach and shared a variety of tasty dishes. The Early evening offer gives you the chance to try a good variety. Baby octopus excellent as were Kadyife prawns.
- Delicious SushidazzaroniVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went specifically for the Dragon Volcano sushi roll - it's the best sushi dish on the menu - dragon rolls doused in a tangy rich sauce. Cocktails are nice and simple. Tsunami used to be somewhere special to go to a couple years back but it needs a little facelift - the walls are a little shabby now (looked a bit dirty!). But generally has a nice atmosphere - good level of lighting for casual dining but the dim and slightly neon lighting also can evoke a cheesy Japanese karaoke bar feel rather than a swanky sushi joint. Staff were a little strange in manner but were pleasant. Just go for the Dragon Volcano rolls!Special Features:
- TsunamiGeoffersVIPDined on 2/6/2014My third visit here and this time took advantage of the 40% off food for bookings before 6.30pm. The bill came to £78 including service for 4 of us with 2 glasses of wine and a bottle of water. Excellent value and the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGirlDined on 31/5/2014Really delicious and tasty food! The front tables at the restaurant are a bit more quiet compared to the back. Staff are really attentive but it made me feel slightly on edge our waiter came over after almost every dish to give clean plates and wiping the table; felt like I was making a mess! But the food and dessert is really amazing and should be tried!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Converts!NinMeruntonDined on 26/5/2014My Husband and I went to Tsunami for an early meal before the Theatre. The food was much tastier than we had imagined, not having tried Japanese food properly before. The special offer made it good value, but full price is probably on par with other Central London Venues. We also enjoyed the Mocktails with the fresh fruit lime and mint.Special Features:
- Hidden gemAdamDined on 23/5/2014Been going to tsunami since its opening night. Fantastic place with delicious and extremely creative food super friendly staff and very reasonable pricing. Simply love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tsunami west endTammyVIPDined on 21/5/2014Tsunami is a great place for a quick bite (with their fab discount for early dining on Mondays and Tuesdays) or a more slowly enjoyed meal. I like it here a lot with their friendly staff and great menu. I'll continue to be a customer and I can recommend heartily.Special Features: