222 Marylebone Road
London, NW1 6JQNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.twotwentytwo-london.com/en/marylebone-bar-restaurant/twotwentytwo-restaurant-bar
- Phone: 020 7631 8000
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 11:30am - 11:30pm Sat: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Twotwentytwo
Tucked away inside the well-known Landmark London hotel on Marylebone Road, Twotwentytwo is a chic 'n' cosy bar and restaurant ideal for discreet cocktails, lunches and intimate dinner parties. With its light wood-panelled walls, dove grey armchairs, plush carpets and opulent chandeliers, Twotwentytwo is always busy with a luxe local crowd yet the modern Euro menu is filled with down-to-earth favourites including a classic Salad Nicoise, battered cod with chips and mushy peas, and a scrumptious Bramley apple crumble served with homemade vanilla custard. The Landmark is known for its sophisticated service and elegant dress code, and Twotwentytwo is perfect for business dining and romantic rendezvous.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twotwentytwo reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since 22 November 2013
business meals (18)special occasions (9)romance (6)pre/post theatre (4)fit for foodies (3)brunch (2)sunday lunch (2)afternoon tea (2)group bookings (2)child friendly (1)good vegetarian options (1)Show More
- Good local restaurantShaunLDined on 31/10/2014Good local restaurant, the food was good, though I would say having got the steak, the specialty steakhouses do those better. The other half had the salmon which was good though as were the cocktails.
- fantastic serviceEtentjeDined on 18/10/2014excellent service good ambience decent value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, service & ambience!nomnomDined on 17/10/2014Really nice food with plenty of choice for varied tastes. Service was exceptional, the staff were very attentive without being intrusive. Lovely ambience and decor. Does not feel like a hotel restaurant at all. Nice music and although busy, was still quiet enough to be able to have a quite conversation comfortably. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good service but not valueRayBDined on 27/9/2014I love the Landmark hotel especially the Antrim for lunch but was a bit disappointed with TwoTwentyTwo. Paying £30 for a mediocre fillet steak. The waitress was lovely and friendly and nice ambiance all be it a bit dark . Would I go again..... I don't think so but give the hotel bars a try it's a nice place. Ray B
- Two twenty twoCAHADined on 26/9/2014Most enjoyable meal. Good food, I particualy liked the tuna tartare. Service was good and ambiance.Special Features:
- Two twenty twoAppmanuVIPDined on 2/9/2014Very enjoyable, casual dinner pre visit to Wembley. Comfort food, well flavoured and cooked. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencediningoutismymiddlenameDined on 25/6/2014Truly enjoyed our dinner here at 222. We flew in from Los Angeles and knew we wanted to dine at the hotel. The restaurant far exceeded our expectations. Good knowledgable service and the food was wonderful. We love our raw meat and the steak tartare was some of the best we've tasted. with the small rocket salad and fries it is a complete meal. When next in London we will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findEmmaHVIPDined on 23/4/2014This was my first visit to Twotwentytwo but is unlikely to be my last. The food was really good (and a good selection on the menu), the service was excellent and the ambience was really nice - although probably more suited to cosying-up in winter than a summer's day.Special Features:
- Good place for business lunchesSmartArseDined on 3/4/2014Tables are well spaced and food is consistent - though not particularly innovative. Service is often slow and it isn't cheap considering the short menu. But seeing as it is located within the bowels of a hotel, which also has another, "superior", restaurant, perhaps this is just as it was always intended: a good place for a course or two and a discussion.Special Features:
- Treated a special work colleagueMingsterDined on 3/4/2014Treated a special work colleague to a birthday lunch. Food was lovely and as a special touch, decorated the birthday girl's desert plate... #gush# #gush#!! Thank you so much especially to the new Manager!!! See you back soon.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereEmilyBDined on 13/2/2014I really enjoyed my first visit here - whilst walking through the very quiet and slightly sterile Landmark Hotel to get to the restaurant I worried that the atmosphere would be rubbish, I was very wrong! Really great place, opulent decor and a massive menu. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the fooddavidDined on 24/12/2013I went there for christmas eve dinner. The food was awesome and the ambience of the restaurant was cozy quiet and romantic! A hidden gem!Special Features:
- Deifnatly a business restaurant,chazmacDined on 28/11/2013Deifnatly a business restaurant, not romantic and overly priced for what is effectively pub food.Special Features:
- The following 230 reviews are from the Twotwentytwo reviews archive.
- Nice spotBlueDevilDined on 18/11/2013This restaurant is located in the Landmark Hotel, so nice Central location. The atmosphere is nice and was perfect for a business dinner. The food is good, nice attention to preparation, and reasonably priced. The cocktail menu had fun choices. Overall, a very positive dining experience. Of course, they couldn't find my Top Table reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueMMG13VIPDined on 11/11/2013As always, staff, food, service and ambience was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely decorated pubflogDined on 19/9/2013Very nice decoration. Possibility to walk out through the outstanding landmark hotel. Food is very well done, though classic.
- We went for dinner with aIsabelDined on 8/8/2013We went for dinner with a few friends and the food was excellent. They were accommodating with special food requests and service was impeccable. The only thing I didn't like was an order of spinach which was extremely creamy and generally didn't taste so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Brasserie food with good valueOdedSDined on 25/7/2013After a slow start to the service (which might have been due to some inadvertent mix up) we received excellent and attentive service. The food was very good and even with wine the bill was reasonable. The description on Top Table as written by the restaurant though gives a slightly misleading impression as to the setting of this bar/bistro. I expected something else. However, we were very happy with the food, drinks, service and pricing in the end. Therefore as long as you know thhs is more a bistro or bar type of place, you will enjoy it as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early dinerstwodinersDined on 16/3/2013except for the fact that the restaurant had no record of our booking, we were greeted warmly and allocated the table we'd requested very promptly. as usual at this place, food was good all vegetable ingredients were fresh and freshly prepared. we all had fish dishes which lived up to expectation. service was perfect; efficient yet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMMG13VIPDined on 30/11/2012Fabulous value for money and a great place to have a business lunchSpecial Features:
- Interview lunchJonathanslDined on 28/11/2012Great place for interview lunch although service can be a little slow at times. TopTable menu is limited so no steak on that menu - would be great to have a supplement option.Special Features:
- Family occasionmarsDined on 20/11/2012Very good value with Top Table menu. Could accommodate gluten free diet. Plenty of choice if not eating meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 222 @ Landmark LondonLLSpiceVIPDined on 15/11/2012Nice evening - felt a bit "gentlemen's club" to begin with and the service wasn't great - lots of staff (who were nice enough) running round but always had to grab their attention. We all (3) had the burger which was really tasty tho the chips weren't as chunky as I expected. Creme brulee for dessert was divine but too big. Wine we wanted wasn't available so plumped for a pinot grigio rose instead which was pleasant. Good price though and would go back. Pity it was two floors up the ladies as theirs were "broken".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced with average serviceFoodFanaticDined on 12/11/2012Not the greatest dining experience we have ever had, It is glorified pub food at best, the pasta tasted as though it had been reheated. Great selection of cocktails though.....Special Features:
- DisappointedJimjamsDined on 8/11/2012Considering this restaurant is part of the Landmark hotel it is fair to say we had high expectations of the food and the service. Unfortunately we were disappointed on all fronts. Upon arrival we were seated promptly then had to wait 15 mins for someone to take our drinks/food order. The starters were of a fair standard and the wine was good but the main courses were very poor. My friend had pasta which was over-cooked and, due to them running out of Lemon Sole (our table was booked for 6.30 pm so how they ran out so early is a mystery) I had the Sea Bass which was horrendously salty. They then charged for a dessert which was part of the deal. All in all we were quite disappointed with this restaurant and would not book again.
- A nice mealLondonFoodieVIPDined on 6/11/2012I had a good meal with friends at Twotwentytwo which was very good value with the toptable deal. The restaurant looked good and the food was very nice - but the ambience and service lacked warmth and it stopped short of being excellent. There are better places to eat in Marylebone.Special Features:
- great dealSiJuDined on 3/11/2012great food, great place , £18 for 3 courses on a saturday night in London... bargainSpecial Features:
- Decent value on the top tableojk1Dined on 31/10/2012Decent value on the top table menu. I liked the ambience. Service a little over relaxed.Special Features:
- PoorBlueorchidVIPDined on 27/10/2012I booked the top table deal and went on Saturday night. The service was terrible. I ordered tagliatelle which was bland and the pasta was sticky. I would not go back.Special Features:
- 222 landmark hotelRookieDined on 26/10/2012very nice hotel at 3 courses for 18 its great value
- Hidden gemjcrickVIPDined on 20/10/2012twotwentytwo is well hidden but the menu and service should mean it doesnt stay that way.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNatalieWDined on 22/9/2012I arrived to be told my reservation I had made through Toptable was not on their system. Not a great start. We were seated to then wait 10 minutes before we were offered drinks, watching the rest of the restaurant be served. The starters of Aparagus Risotto and Seafood Linguine were good. However the chef's special of chicken with bacon and baby gem was mediocre and lacked seasoning greatly. No one checked to see how our meals were. My friend ate hardly any of his, and when his plate was cleared we were not asked how our meals were. With what should have been an enjoyable night, we declined dessert due to our disappointment. However, the wine list was fantastic. Customer service needs to be greatly improved.
- Step asidebambamDined on 21/9/2012This is a nice bar eatery off the beaten track. I often pay a visit here to have a drink and relax before heading home. Food can be priced slightly higher being part of a hotel, however the standard of food is good.
- Great value and serviceLauramhodgsonDined on 13/9/2012Twotwentytwo was the perfect choice for a catch up with friends last week. The restaurant was not full but there was a nice atmosphere and the tables and chairs are large and comfortable so that you feel like you have a lot of privacy. We had two courses for £15 and while the drinks are expensive (even soft), the final cost is comparable with a chain restaurant but much nicer. One concern was that the portions would be small, but on the contrary we were all very full! I would definitley go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal in lovely hotelCathDined on 12/9/2012Really enjoyed the top table 2 course meal here. Drinks are expensive though, £9.90 for a small wine, so that can really add up on the bill. Can't fault the staff from arrival to the restaurant,Special Features:
- Great ambience, OK foodanigDined on 7/9/2012Great atmosphere here, the toptable set dinner menu is good value at £18 for 3 courses but the food you get is correspondingly fairly average. A good option for experiencing the interior of this wonderful hotel. the bar itself is very nice and cocktails are great, although at £12 a go they should be!Special Features:
- very nice food and good value.speedyDined on 31/8/2012very nice food and good value. quiet on a friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value lunchSFK12Dined on 30/8/2012Two of us dined at Twotwentytwo on the £15 for a two course lunch deal. It's a lovely restaurant and the food was delicious. The service was very good and overall this was a terrific deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valueranger1Dined on 30/8/2012Good food and good portions in a traditional environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ambiencePM22Dined on 28/8/2012Lovely evening catching up with a friend. Food presentation and wine selection were excellent. Relaxed atmosphere, will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.